Is this a good explanation of American Psycho?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM         #1
17844 pageviews
0 comments

Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is this a good explanation of American Psycho?

Okay, I googled, "Can someone explain the ending to American Psycho?" And all I got was, "It wasn't real it all happened in his mind. I don't believe that bulls**t. This is my take:

All I can get out of it is a world where no one takes anyone serious because they are so caught up with their own self-image.

Patrick did murder Paul Allen, but the guy at the end doesn't takes him serious because (1) he doesn't even know he's talking to Patrick (he calls him Davis), that's letting us know he tends to get names confused. And (2) the world they live in everyone hides who they truly are.

Now, when Patrick was having dinner with Paul Allen, Paul Allen jokingly said he would have to k!ll him if he told him something. Now, even though it seemed as if he was joking, he was really serious. That's what type of world these guys live in. Most of them are psychopaths, but we are only seeing this world from Patrick's point of view.

We get the idea they are the same when they all show their business cards and they all look exactly the same, but they are different to them. Then Paul Allen walks in and confuses Patrick for Marcus because it's easy to confuse someone for another person in this business world when you are an outsider. Basically, they all dress the same.

There's a lot of deception and perception going on in this at deeper level. I am awed by the profoundness of this film. Sometimes the deception is obvious — like when Patrick couldn't get the reservation to Dorsia for Courtney and him, but she was so drugged she didn't notice it wasn't Dorsia. How did Paul Allen get a table at Dorsia? Who knows, maybe he's high all the time.

You sort of get the idea that Patrick himself was beat at his own game when he went over to Paul Allen's place and the lady is there and asks him did he see the ad in The Times. Patrick stumbles over a few words (thinking he can get over on her) then he says yes. Turns out there was no ad in The Times.

Paul Allen just got caught thinking out loud. He was confused and thought he was talking to Marcus, but he was really talking to Patrick and that's what got him murdered. And this deception is what saved Patrick from his confession.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 03-02-2011 at 12:15 PM..

0 comments for "Is this a good explanation of American Psycho?"

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy