Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #1
7301 pageviews
123 comments

Patron253 54 heat pts54
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 123 123
Motorola Atrix

Had the phone since yesterday, pretty filthy phone extremely speedy, rooted already. Just wanted to hear from other people who has one, anything special about this phone that I don't know about yet?

I cant seem to find a overclock app to work with this phone yet anyone else have luck?

Anyone try the custom rom yet, I only saw 1 out aedo i think its called but i was scared to try it and brick my phone I might wait until more roms come out that seem like they are more secure.

123 comments for "Motorola Atrix"

7 years ago '05        #2
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 468 468
i will be picking this up tomorrow....gonna be my first Android so I'll have some exploring to do.

What do you mean by "overclock app"?
 7 years ago '11        #3
Patron253 54 heat pts54 OP
space
space
To overclock the cpu on the phone like a pc. If your not fimliar with that it just speeds up the phone faster then factory.

If ur coming from win 7 andriod wayyy better imo and better then apple os. I cant see myself switching at this time andriod is the best.
 7 years ago '10        #4
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
I heard good things about this phone. I gotta see if I want this, definitely not considering iPhone though.
 7 years ago '10        #5
JT17 
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
I heard you couldn't run third-party apps on this phone? (Well, not yet...)
 7 years ago '09        #6
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
I have it switched from inspire which i had for like a day to the atrix. Still new to android coming from the iphone. It is basically the same as the inspire to me tho not sure what they are going to do with that dual core yet tho. I did keep it only because of the double side camera and als obecause I put so much stuff on it. The battery life still kind of sucks tho. Someone explain rooting to me tho what can u do once u root? Is it worth it?
 7 years ago '11        #7
space
space
Battery life sucks on the atrix? You should turn off some settings like wifi/bluetooth/gps/display and there is a few other things to , For a duel core and such a high powered phone I cant complain about the battery life it last just as long as any other phone ive ever had, only thing ive noticed it takes wayyy longer to charge this phone.

Rooting is like jailbreaking your iphone, after you root it, you download applanet apk file install it and you download all the aps for free, and some aps you have to be rooted in order to use. So yes rooting is worth every time you spend, and the atrix is probably 1 of the easiest phones to root. Just google super one click root atrix and download the program plug in your phone and click root, its that simple.

Last edited by Patron253; 03-02-2011 at 09:30 AM..
 7 years ago '11        #8
space
space
 JT17 said:
I heard you couldn't run third-party apps on this phone? (Well, not yet...)
There is ways around everything, Nothing is going to stop the people from doing what they want to do with there devices.

This is just the first one, im sure there will be many more to come. I havent tried it yet, im waiting for more people to do it so I know that its truely safe lol.
 7 years ago '09        #9
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Patron253 said:
Battery life sucks on the atrix? You should turn off some settings like wifi/bluetooth/gps/display and there is a few other things to , For a duel core and such a high powered phone I cant complain about the battery life it last just as long as any other phone ive ever had, only thing ive noticed it takes wayyy longer to charge this phone.

Rooting is like jailbreaking your iphone, after you root it, you download applanet apk file install it and you download all the aps for free, and some aps you have to be rooted in order to use. So yes rooting is worth every time you spend, and the atrix is probably 1 of the easiest phones to root. Just google super one click root atrix and download the program plug in your phone and click root, its that simple.
Nice good looking out but I am with you on the rooting imma wait til somebody does it first I had a 3gs but it fell in water and didn't want iphone again cuz the 4 is the 3gs with a front camera. Battery life is better than the inspire but it still dies quick not like the inspire tho that battery was straight cheeks. I think widgets k!ll battery life but whats the point of having the phones if u not using widgets? Should just go back to the iphone. Imma try turning off the gps tho and only have wifi on when I use it. See how that effects the battery life. Had any luck finding a case for it?
 7 years ago '11        #10
space
space
Ive rooted my atrix, rooting is easy.

I was talking about custom roms which Im going to wait on until other people do it. Custom roms you can mess your phone up rooting as far as I know its like 100% safe. There 2 different things.

I really dont use to many widgets, Just the wifi/gps/youtube/short cut to call/text a couple of my homies, and then i have a couple apps running all the time like weatherbug, and then a app that tells me the callers name/city/address thru gps incase i get some numbers I dont know. so I have gps running on my phone 24/7, and the battery life seems koo to me I have to charge my phone everynight but ive always had to do that with all of my phones, they are all usually dead by my bedtime lol.

and I also dont use any cases, I like the feel of my phone they look more fresh without screen protector and case, I just take care of my phone I dont drop it or put it into my pocket with anything else in that pocket expect my phone.

Also with andriod phones which you cant do with apple software. You can download Gameboy emulator or reg nintindo or sega or n64 games right on your phone. You gotta download the gameboy emulator off applanet, and then the gameboi bios file, and then download gameboy roms. I have all the colors of pokemon and im 23 years old, but s**t i remember growin up playin pokemon, and to be able to do this on your phone its pretty dope. Ive also got doom,sonic's,mario brothers and super mario there is all kinds of s**t you can do with a andriod you cant do with apple software. But I think the Emulators are the biggest thing. Its pretty bad a.ss.

Just look it up on google on how to do it, Gameboid emulator and I recommend you do it and I bet you find a few games youll be finding your self playing, They are way better then the little app games you can download at applanet or market place.
 7 years ago '04        #11
Fatal 
space
space
space
$740 | Props total: 136 136
^^^^what app is that that tells you who's calling and shows all that info?? i have the atrix. first android phone n lovin it..the battery life is cool just check up on whats running and if ur not usin it close it
 7 years ago '11        #12
space
space
Super call id app.

You check out the game boy emulator?

How long does your battery last you fatal?
 7 years ago '04        #13
Fatal 
space
space
space
$740 | Props total: 136 136
thanx...nah im not big on the emulator stuff...my battery lasts thru a whole day most of the time..only have wifi on most of the time
 7 years ago '05        #14
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Patron253 said:

Rooting is similar to jailbreaking, but you don't need to be rooted to do most the s**t you need to be rooted for on iPhone, ie - wifi tethering, applanet/installous, etc. You only real rly need root access to edit system files, etc. Its basically admin rights to the os
 7 years ago '11        #15
space
space
yo fatal how long it take u to charge your atrix? That is one thing ive noticed it takes a retarded long time to charge my phone compared to other phones.
 7 years ago '09        #16
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Patron253 said:
Ive rooted my atrix, rooting is easy.

I was talking about custom roms which Im going to wait on until other people do it. Custom roms you can mess your phone up rooting as far as I know its like 100% safe. There 2 different things.

I really dont use to many widgets, Just the wifi/gps/youtube/short cut to call/text a couple of my homies, and then i have a couple apps running all the time like weatherbug, and then a app that tells me the callers name/city/address thru gps incase i get some numbers I dont know. so I have gps running on my phone 24/7, and the battery life seems koo to me I have to charge my phone everynight but ive always had to do that with all of my phones, they are all usually dead by my bedtime lol.

and I also dont use any cases, I like the feel of my phone they look more fresh without screen protector and case, I just take care of my phone I dont drop it or put it into my pocket with anything else in that pocket expect my phone.

Also with andriod phones which you cant do with apple software. You can download Gameboy emulator or reg nintindo or sega or n64 games right on your phone. You gotta download the gameboy emulator off applanet, and then the gameboi bios file, and then download gameboy roms. I have all the colors of pokemon and im 23 years old, but s**t i remember growin up playin pokemon, and to be able to do this on your phone its pretty dope. Ive also got doom,sonic's,mario brothers and super mario there is all kinds of s**t you can do with a andriod you cant do with apple software. But I think the Emulators are the biggest thing. Its pretty bad a.ss.

Just look it up on google on how to do it, Gameboid emulator and I recommend you do it and I bet you find a few games youll be finding your self playing, They are way better then the little app games you can download at applanet or market place.
I'm going to try the rooting thing tonight and were you saying you can download the emulator with rooting? Also the caller id app is it free or does it cost?
 7 years ago '04        #17
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1448 1448
Had my Atrix since release love the f**k out of it. No more itunes sync. Fast as f**k. Better battery life. Everything with android is alot simpler. Screen is great quality. Fingerprint scanner is g as f**k. 16GB internal and expandable. Dual core processor k!lls anything right now apps open in the matter of secs. Web Broswing is amazingly fast even with ATT 4G (advanced 3g). Sound is amazing much louder than my iphone (probably by like 10x). I even have a psx emulator that plays smooth as f**k doesn't miss one frame. It really doesn't even need a rom. Only rom I would think about putting on my s**t is probably upgrading it to 2.3 (gingerbred).

I think the only place that the iphone is handling android is with games many not emulator games (sega, psx, super) etc... Android games are a bit behind, but I am not a big cellphone gamer anyways... VideoPlayers are much better on android u can play all formats at the drop of a dime without having to convert. Flash is amazing. I can finally see the funny .gif files on boxden without having to be on a pc.

Forgot about navigation... android stock google navigation s**ts on any other navigation software period.... its super fast... reroutes fast... even lets me pick alternate routes with the drop of a hat... shows congestion unlike any other gps software period...

this phone is s**tting on everything period... f**k the iphone...

Last edited by egotistical; 03-04-2011 at 03:29 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #18
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
Can you list the apps we should download and why? I'm really looking for some live wallpaper.
 7 years ago '11        #19
space
space
 legendisdope said:
^ this how everyone acts when they switch from iphone to android.. lmao, priceless
lmao same way I basically acted and you know it haha.
 7 years ago '11        #20
space
space
 faceoffizhere said:
I'm going to try the rooting thing tonight and were you saying you can download the emulator with rooting? Also the caller id app is it free or does it cost?

Well from what ive heard you can download applanet without rooting and download free apps, Even though I tried it on my girlfriends captivate and it didnt work but it worked on mine and mine was rooted. But i have heard you can download free stuff without being rooted. So you just need applanet to download emulators.

idk about caller id app i just download hella apps and dont pay attention if they were free or not because everything is already free for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy