Lupes reaction to lasers on Twitter

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #161
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,772 | Props total: 14586 14586
 sheedawg said:
Dudes are missing the point of this whole fiasco (excuse the pun). It's not that we are mad at Lupe for having to do what the label wants, but cmon, for someone who is continuously praised by his stands for his originality and creativity, why was such an album dropped. Now obviously Atlantic has something to do with this, but lets face it, Kanye did wat Lupe couldnt, made a creatively original mainstream album, that still appealed to the masses.

Why Lupe fans, me included, are are mad at Lupe is because the dude goes on about real s**t and real music blah blah, he wants the respect of the hip hop head, but the success of the masses... only a very select few can do this and unfortunately for him he couldnt. It's his continuous whining that annoys fans because he end up sounding hypocritical.
Negro, Kanye actually has more freedom w/ his albums because he consistently sales. I won't make any excuses for that album other than the obvious w/ Atlantic. I'm already waiting for F&L2.
 7 years ago '05        #162
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 TH35 said:
Negro, Kanye actually has more freedom w/ his albums because he consistently sales. I won't make any excuses for that album other than the obvious w/ Atlantic. I'm already waiting for F&L2.
Still missing the whole point of my comment, Lupe constantly gets praise for how original and creative he is, why wasn't he able to at least drop a half decent album still? Stop f**kin making excuses for Lupe, I am a big fan of his, but he seriously needs to check his attitude, he always has someone to blame.
 7 years ago '07        #163
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,772 | Props total: 14586 14586
 sheedawg said:
Still missing the whole point of my comment, Lupe constantly gets praise for how original and creative he is, why wasn't he able to at least drop a half decent album still? Stop f**kin making excuses for Lupe, I am a big fan of his, but he seriously needs to check his attitude, he always has someone to blame.
The label, /convo. You said excuses thats the only thing I'm saying. You act like everything he's made was actually on the album . I'm sure it wasn't. I didn't even say the album was good because its not. You brought up Kanye too which was the WORST excuse possible when he's already 5 albums deep , each going platinum plus. Kanye could make whatever the hell he wants .

Last edited by TH35; 03-01-2011 at 08:52 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #164
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 TH35 said:
The label, /convo. You said excuses thats the only thing I'm saying. You act like everything he's made was actually on the album . I'm sure it wasn't. I didn't even say the album was good because its not. You brought up Kanye too which was the WORST excuse possible when he's already 5 albums deep , each going platinum plus.
Are you actually being serious? So the label basically gave him all those whack hooks, features, and complete and utter trash beats? Cmon, if a label wanted mainstream success why would they not have more features who are guaranteed money?

I see where your coming from, but I still think Lupe needs to take some form of responsibility for this.
 7 years ago '04        #165
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,366 | Props total: 6377 6377
 sheedawg said:
Are you actually being serious? So the label basically gave him all those whack hooks, features, and complete and utter trash beats? Cmon, if a label wanted mainstream success why would they not have more features who are guaranteed money?

I see where your coming from, but I still think Lupe needs to take some form of responsibility for this.
this

people make it sound like atlantic didn't have bruno mars,b.o.b,flo-rida,kid rock(even though he doesn't really rap),sean paul to be on his hooks if they wanted a single that bad. outside of trey songz,john legend, and skylar grey(who is fairly new to mainstream) nobody knows who the rest of the people are like that

so it was the label idea to make pooh bear(mdma) make flo-rida hooks
 7 years ago '05        #166
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 justinjones said:
this

people make it sound like atlantic didn't have bruno mars,b.o.b,flo-rida,kid rock(even though he doesn't really rap),sean paul to be on his hooks if they wanted a single that bad. outside of trey songz,john legend, and skylar grey(who is fairly new to mainstream) nobody knows who the rest of the people are like that

The problem I have with this whole "blame the label policy" that Lupe stans are employing is thats taking all responsibility for the album away from Lupe, as if he didn't have any decisions to make at all regarding the album. He needs to take some responsibility for what has be dropped, at the end o the day, blame the label, make excuses, it's still in history as a Lupe Fiasco LP, a very mediocre one at that.
 7 years ago '05        #167
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
 justinjones said:
this

:agreement6::agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #168
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12990 12990
 sheedawg said:
Ironic coming from a fan defending an artist who has done nothing but complain over the last few years.

It has nothing to do with Kanye's leverage at the label, if Lupe is so creative why couldn't he at LEAST make a decent album with all these so called restrictions that Atlantic gave him. at you thinking this album is just fine, the production makes this a real struggle to listen to, save a couple tracks.

And for people saying I'm not listening to lyrics, please? You can spit the realist s**t ever but if the whole sound of the song is mediocre, im sorry the song is mediocre (see Canibus).

I think Lupe stans, need to accept the album, before displaying such b**chmade stan tendencies and making excuses for why the album was nowhere near up to par.
I'm not defending Lupe. He's at fault too. I'm defending common sense against some of these comments/points of view/opinions. And implying this album is less than decent--is stupid.

Get off your high horse. The production is fine. Great? No. Perfect? No. Saying the album is "intolerable to listen to", is bulls**t.

Once again--Lupe fans will be disappointed, because they were expecting something closer to F&L. People who only know Lupe for "Kick Push", and "Superstar" will like this album, because it's more singles oriented.

And I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked the album is "how it is".... we're you not aware of what he was going through? This album wasn't going to be what Lupe wanted. But in terms of a compromised album--it's fine.
 7 years ago '05        #169
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 regularjoe said:
I'm not defending Lupe. He's at fault too. I'm defending common sense against some of these comments/points of view/opinions. And implying this album is less than decent--is stupid.

Get off your high horse. The production is fine. Great? No. Perfect? No. Saying the album is "intolerable to listen to", is bulls**t.

Once again--Lupe fans will be disappointed, because they were expecting something closer to F&L. People who only know Lupe for "Kick Push", and "Superstar" will like this album, because it's more singles oriented.

And I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked the album is "how it is".... we're you not aware of what he was going through? This album wasn't going to be what Lupe wanted. But in terms of a compromised album--it's fine.
Well we obviously have opinions that differ, but I struggle to listen to this album, and trust me, Im trying hard to like it, but I just can't. Is it better than most mainstream stuff, lyrically yes, production wise its just as bad. But this is a step back for the growth of Lupe as an artist, we have learned nothing new about him and he has touched on nothing new. Thats what I'm tryna say as well, I highly doubt this will expand Lupe's audience, because most of his mainstream fans like the fact that he provides a point of difference to the stereotypical rap sound on TV and on the radio, now he has fallen back in line with the same lames that his fans are so strongly against.
 7 years ago '08        #170
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 53 53
 7 years ago '08        #171
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
 regularjoe said:

well, what else should I expect? What hiphop fan wants a fn album that only brainwashed clowns would listen to..
 7 years ago '10        #172
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
a lot of excuses. maybe the album sucks because..umm..lupe ain't that good :fryingpan:
 7 years ago '08        #173
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
 Kno 1 said:
i think the whole thing is scripted.. but i can care less if he puts out anything else hot or not cause i can pop in F&L anytime i please. #hiphop

I agree, I think he said f**k the label and did do a lazy album jus to get it done, now its time for the real Lupe.
 7 years ago '04        #174
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,065 | Props total: 1550 1550
Dumb it downnn
 7 years ago '07        #175
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I think Lupe should link up with a few key producers and go independent in the future. No respect lost from me. He still the same Lu.
 7 years ago '04        #176
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Well we obviously have opinions that differ, but I struggle to listen to this album, and trust me, Im trying hard to like it, but I just can't. Is it better than most mainstream stuff, lyrically yes, production wise its just as bad. But this is a step back for the growth of Lupe as an artist, we have learned nothing new about him and he has touched on nothing new. Thats what I'm tryna say as well, I highly doubt this will expand Lupe's audience, because most of his mainstream fans like the fact that he provides a point of difference to the stereotypical rap sound on TV and on the radio, now he has fallen back in line with the same lames that his fans are so strongly against.
I don't understand why you would "struggle". If you don't like the production, that's one thing. To say "intolerable"... that's crazy. What needed to have been done different (besides using DIFFERENT producers).

And, we're not too far in the year--but I think it's the best mainstream hip-hop album so far. Regarding Lupe's growth as an artist. At first, I agreed with your point of "we have learned nothing new about him", but outside of his "Mount Kilimanjaro" album, what would we learn? Lyrical? Check. Depth? Check. Content? Check. Flow? Check. Able to compete with other rappers on the same track? Check. What did you think you would learn?

As far as the growth of his fan base..... I couldn't disagree more. My boy likes Lupe, but he's not a fan of him like myself. In his music preference, he felt there were some "skippable" tracks on "F&L", and "The Cool". He prefers "Lasers" over those 2 albums. Now Lupe fans such as myself, prefer the prior two albums. In addition, thinking back to a couple women I dated fairly recently... they liked "I'm Beamin'", "Superstar", "Shining Down".... Lasers is an album more in the direction of those songs, opposed to "American Terrorist", "Streets on Fire", or "He Say She Say", which will allow more casual fans to gravitate towards the album.
 7 years ago '04        #177
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
I think Lupe should link up with a few key producers and go independent in the future. No respect lost from me. He still the same Lu.
Lupe going independent would be a bad idea.
 7 years ago '07        #178
Kala Babu 
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 126 126
his bro died?
 7 years ago '06        #179
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,676 | Props total: 1460 1460
idgaf, lupes version prob would have been better, but the beat on stereo sun is the shid. Some other cat rapped on it and tried to label it as lupe fiasco's.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #180
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Block215 said:
well, what else should I expect? What hiphop fan wants a fn album that only brainwashed clowns would listen to..
I wanted something closer to F&L. But there's no reason to be so disappointed with this album. LASERS has good music on it.

On a side note... maybe if more of us actually bought albums, we wouldn't have to worry about this. Different argument/discussion for a different day.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
53 comments
1 day ago