Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Ex The God said:
The f**k are you talking about. You really think Lupe would choose those beats and hooks? Have you listened to F&L and The Cool? You really think Lupe would put auto tune on his songs? Noones making excuses i'm just trying to point out FACTS for dumb f**ks like yourself. The lyrics are still there on Lasers (I've had the album on repeat) but the beats aren't Lupe. Anyone who actually LISTENS to Lupe can tell that.

Goddamn Boxden is dumb lately.
beautiful lasers had distortion/autotune on it and that might be the oldest song on here
 7 years ago '10        #142
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
From before the whole public fallout with Atlantic, Lupe said this would be a different record. He's had moments of weakness on previous albums and this is just a whole bunch of weakness. Uncool off the Cool was fitting, but it wasn't a very good song at all. This album sounds like an extension of that. People need to realize that he said The Show Goes On and the John Legend song were done for the label, not the entire album. Some of these song titles have been floating around prior to the public falling out, so again, Atlantic isn't the only problem. Some of those songs that have been floating around for a while now weren't and aren't very good either and who's to blame for those?

To reiterate a point that no one seems to pay attention to, people leave record labels when they have a falling out. Lupe was not selling like Atlantic wanted him to and he didn't wanna do their kind of music. Had he actually had a conversation with the suits and had his manager around, they could've worked a deal out to leave the label. It would've cost him the rights to Lasers (which he doesn't care about anyways apparantly) and possibly the Cool, but F&L was mainly recorded independently and prior to Atlantic, as well as maybe some of his signing bonus, but he would be free. Saigon left, Little Brother left when they were at odds with the label, both of whom still had records that they owed the label. So what exactly is Lupe's motive to stay on the label? He doesn't want to do music independently anymore because F&F has pretty much fallen apart with the loss of people over the years. He doesn't want to spend money to create music anymore but still wants to get promo and sell like a major label artist. If he felt bad about his music, no one, not Atlantic, not anyone is stopping him from going into a studio, banging out some music with Soundtrakk and putting it out for free. Doesn't have to be mastered like an album, he did 4 mixtapes that people liked without having any major mastering on them.

The bottom line here that none of you seem to realize is that Lupe is in this situation because he handled the situation like a spoiled child and now is stuck. He released Lasers, great, but now he's locked in for another 2 albums while he constantly engages in negative talks about the label that owns his future. Those of you who are going to buy the CD are probably doing more harm than good. If he sells nothing, I'd be willing to bet that Atlantic would be ready to unload Lupe's contract since it's not worth the money, promo and controversy that led up to its release twice more. Lupe isn't willing to go into his pocket to make music anymore (see: interview when he said he should start charging for 23 minute long mixtapes, interview where he said it costs him up to 800 dollars to mix and master a freestyle etc.), he's publicly called out his fans on downloading after appearing on the mixtape/download circuit for years prior to his major label deal and ya'll really still support him wholeheartedly? I will not be buying Lasers which is unfortunate because I still have a shrink-wrapped copy of both The Cool and F&L in my CD collection from their days of release.
Wow, this sums up exactly how I feel. The only thing missing is that way before any of this happened, Lupe wanted to put out a 3-CD album (LupEND) and a greatest hits cd to finish his contract.

I was a bit put off by the fact that he wanted to retire so soon but came to realize it was moreso about finishing his deal and not retiring from music forever. So it sounds like his beef with the record company started way before Lasers.

Obviously a triple album was not going to fly so I'm not so sure he would even pitch the idea. Actually came off a bit arrogant. Then there was him lashing out at NahRight and other blogs. Then he lashed out at MTV for putting together a list of how Lupe can be successful in 2011. Then he "forces" fans to pick whether they want a mixtape or an album after getting everyone's hopes up at the protest by implying that the mixtape was coming soon.

Personally, I just kept getting pissed off at this attitude but I still wanted to give Lasers a chance. Because of all this arrogance, I was expecting him to come with heat on the album.

Needless to say, looking back at the entire history events and the final product, it simply does not live up to the hype. And most major label rap artists have a few pop songs. That's understood. It's so strange that would force Lupe to make over half songs pop songs. There's something not quite right about Lupe's side of the story imo.
 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM         #143
Giuseppe554 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
r.i.p. to his bro
 7 years ago '05        #144
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 NoHope said:

[pic - click to view]

This man speaks the truth
Yooooooo WTF! I can't...

7 years ago '05        #145
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
 Swisher sweet said:
Yooooooo WTF! I can't...

stop with the jealousy..u know yo splits game aint got stomach..umm nothing.. on hers.
 7 years ago '08        #146
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 3426 3426
Damn makes me wanna listen to the album now, But gonna wait for it to be delivered first 3/8/11 by amazon don't wanna be dissapointed but n*ggas throwing thumbs down on it
 7 years ago '09        #147
iExposeU 13 heat pts13
space
space
$926 | Props total: 1 1
@ some of you dudes' ignorance..
 7 years ago '10        #148
Tekniqs 
space
space
space
$148 | Props total: 17 17
people formulate opinions without knowing the facts....that's ignorance in a nutshell
 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM         #149
Master P 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

To see him SELL OUT like that

I can't believe so many people are defending him like he's a victim. Poor Lupe is going commercial, boo hoo.

Let's not pretend that Lupe Fiasco didn't pulla Black Eyed Peas and take the money and run. His single is already gold and he gonna do Kid Cudi numbers. Maybe if your lucky he'll release his "Lost Tapes" album after he jumps on the Taylor Swift remix next year
 7 years ago '04        #150
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
i cant believe there so many damn threads about this album
 7 years ago '05        #151
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Dudes are missing the point of this whole fiasco (excuse the pun). It's not that we are mad at Lupe for having to do what the label wants, but cmon, for someone who is continuously praised by his stands for his originality and creativity, why was such an album dropped. Now obviously Atlantic has something to do with this, but lets face it, Kanye did wat Lupe couldnt, made a creatively original mainstream album, that still appealed to the masses.

Why Lupe fans, me included, are are mad at Lupe is because the dude goes on about real s**t and real music blah blah, he wants the respect of the hip hop head, but the success of the masses... only a very select few can do this and unfortunately for him he couldnt. It's his continuous whining that annoys fans because he end up sounding hypocritical.
 7 years ago '10        #152
Kno 1 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 288 288
i think the whole thing is scripted.. but i can care less if he puts out anything else hot or not cause i can pop in F&L anytime i please. #hiphop
 7 years ago '04        #153
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,380 | Props total: 88 88
 sheedawg said:
Dudes are missing the point of this whole fiasco (excuse the pun). It's not that we are mad at Lupe for having to do what the label wants, but cmon, for someone who is continuously praised by his stands for his originality and creativity, why was such an album dropped. Now obviously Atlantic has something to do with this, but lets face it, Kanye did wat Lupe couldnt, made a creatively original mainstream album, that still appealed to the masses.

Why Lupe fans, me included, are are mad at Lupe is because the dude goes on about real s**t and real music blah blah, he wants the respect of the hip hop head, but the success of the masses... only a very select few can do this and unfortunately for him he couldnt. It's his continuous whining that annoys fans because he end up sounding hypocritical.
+ mutha f**kkin one

c'mon lupe you got famous off of "kick,push" wtf you expect
 7 years ago '04        #154
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13154 13154
Jesus you guys b**ch about everything....

And lol @ comparing Kanye's leverage at a label to Lupe's. Ask your mom who Kanye West is. She knows. Ask her who Lupe Fiasco is. She won't know. There's your difference.

This album is just fine. It's not an album Lupe fans were expected, and we were hoping this was similar to F&L content wise. But for people who aren't Lupe fans, but are music fans... this is an album that will introduce them to Lupe in a broader way. Lupe will make another album closer to F&L... just gotta wait. But again, this album is fine. It's a 4 out of 5 album.

And Edit again: The label is not trying to destroy Lupe. That's just as ridiculous as what the Lupe haters are saying.

Last edited by regularjoe; 03-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #155
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 Gm0ney85 said:
stop with the jealousy..u know yo splits game aint got stomach..umm nothing.. on hers.
You are so right. I have NOTHING on that
 7 years ago '07        #156
Cash-Da-Magic 
space
space
$386 | Props total: 101 101
 Gm0ney85 said:
sucks how the label did him..they tryin to destroy lupe, change his music, and make him look like a puppet..a non-violent way of silencing n*ggas, the new scheme...

lupe wanna save the hood, but how can u save the hood over a techno/happy/ dance club beat?

how can u preach when a n*gga using auto-tune on the hook?

the label saying, u wont dumb it down.. we'll do it for you..u wanna go against the machine, we'll turn you into the very thing your against.. make u look like a clown, a sell out, and a cry baby...make u lose fans, lose sells, and then drop you..

this album was not lupe...

So the label forced him to make an album that they refused to release? Makes so much sense. Lupe made the album, Lupe seemed happy with the album, and Lupe has no one to blame the album on but himself. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Stop making excuses for Lupe when we know he was the one talking about how it had a universal sound and had something for everybody on it. When he talked about the album, his face lit up. Why do you think he was shocked that his fans didn't feel Lasers so much? He thought they would because he did.

And Gmoney, i'm not getting at you. I'm addressing everyone who seems to love making excuses for homie. The album just isn't for everybody. Leave it at that.
 7 years ago '10        #157
pacman45 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,674 | Props total: 2816 2816
damn another thread......
 7 years ago '04        #158
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,058 | Props total: 19914 19914

[pic - click to view]

nah, on the real though..

[pic - click to view]

03-01-2011, 08:14 PM         #159
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets not talk about the deceased
 7 years ago '05        #160
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 regularjoe said:
Jesus you guys b**ch about everything....

And lol @ comparing Kanye's leverage at a label to Lupe's. Ask your mom who Kanye West is. She knows. Ask her who Lupe Fiasco is. She won't know. There's your difference.

This album is just fine. It's not an album Lupe fans were expected, and we were hoping this was similar to F&L content wise. But for people who aren't Lupe fans, but are music fans... this is an album that will introduce them to Lupe in a broader way. Lupe will make another album closer to F&L... just gotta wait. But again, this album is fine. It's a 4 out of 5 album.

And Edit again: The label is not trying to destroy Lupe. That's just as ridiculous as what the Lupe haters are saying.
Ironic coming from a fan defending an artist who has done nothing but complain over the last few years.

It has nothing to do with Kanye's leverage at the label, if Lupe is so creative why couldn't he at LEAST make a decent album with all these so called restrictions that Atlantic gave him. at you thinking this album is just fine, the production makes this a real struggle to listen to, save a couple tracks.

And for people saying I'm not listening to lyrics, please? You can spit the realist s**t ever but if the whole sound of the song is mediocre, im sorry the song is mediocre (see Canibus).

I think Lupe stans, need to accept the album, before displaying such b**chmade stan tendencies and making excuses for why the album was nowhere near up to par.

Last edited by sheedawg; 03-01-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy