Lupes reaction to lasers on Twitter

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #121
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23296 23296
 Ex The God said:
Lol. For the idiots...Go Listen to Shining Down and I'm beaming.

THAT was the Lupe that was going to originally be on Lasers. We all know this. Then the whole s**t happened with the label its obvious the label forced him to do that B.o.B s**t. They figured "s**t since B.o.B. did this and sold well maybe Lu can" but that isn't the case.

I swear BX has some of the dumbest people on the planet
pretty much, the fact Lasers wasn't out after Shinning Down says a lot about were Lu and the label's relationship was at. Then I'm beamin dropped and Lu had to pay for the video himself?

Lu might not be on Atlantic after Lasers, at least I would hope that he's not for the sake of the music.
 7 years ago '04        #122
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,024 | Props total: 2559 2559
 Loyalist said:
s**t sounds like joe budden vs def jam pt2

Lupe gonna be making mood muzik ???
which is exactly what he should do if this wasnt the "Lasers" he wanted
 7 years ago '06        #123
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,350 | Props total: 827 827
He wasting an awesome album cover on this trash......:disdain2:
 7 years ago '05        #124
g-thang 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$326 | Props total: 149 149
lol yall are stupid as hell. lupe has been over
 7 years ago '04        #125
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 Ex The God said:
Lol. For the idiots...Go Listen to Shining Down and I'm beaming.

THAT was the Lupe that was going to originally be on Lasers. We all know this. Then the whole s**t happened with the label its obvious the label forced him to do that B.o.B s**t. They figured "s**t since B.o.B. did this and sold well maybe Lu can" but that isn't the case.

I swear BX has some of the dumbest people on the planet
wait so is it the "im beamin" "shining down" Lupe that was supposed to be Lasers or was it the "he said it was going to be a more mainstream album this time around" Lupe that was supposed to be on Lasers? You stans got me confused.

I like Lupe as an artist, still do, everyone has one bad album, its allowable. But dont make excuses for a grown man who made the wrong album. Just by listening to the cool you could tell he was heading down this path. And its ok Lupe, dont cry.
 7 years ago '05        #126
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2160 2160
 Redplayboy313 said:
I want my yellow font back n*gga!
i was kinda waiting for u to say something, and you been doin that s**t before me so, outta respect (if u that serious)... your wish has been granted,
so i'll go with...umm...this for now on..
 7 years ago '04        #127
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,304 | Props total: 12973 12973
I admire his honesty. I feel bad for Lupe in a certain sense.
 7 years ago '04        #128
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 nkflier54 said:
some of yall n*ggas are some straight biased d!ck riders, knowin dam well if this was any other artist you wouldn't be seein all this

" i feel bad for lupe :cry:"
"lasers is not his fault "

shut the fk up
Cause some of us don't feel bad for many artists who act like c*cky, arrogant, d!ck heads.
 7 years ago '04        #129
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
From before the whole public fallout with Atlantic, Lupe said this would be a different record. He's had moments of weakness on previous albums and this is just a whole bunch of weakness. Uncool off the Cool was fitting, but it wasn't a very good song at all. This album sounds like an extension of that. People need to realize that he said The Show Goes On and the John Legend song were done for the label, not the entire album. Some of these song titles have been floating around prior to the public falling out, so again, Atlantic isn't the only problem. Some of those songs that have been floating around for a while now weren't and aren't very good either and who's to blame for those?

To reiterate a point that no one seems to pay attention to, people leave record labels when they have a falling out. Lupe was not selling like Atlantic wanted him to and he didn't wanna do their kind of music. Had he actually had a conversation with the suits and had his manager around, they could've worked a deal out to leave the label. It would've cost him the rights to Lasers (which he doesn't care about anyways apparantly) and possibly the Cool, but F&L was mainly recorded independently and prior to Atlantic, as well as maybe some of his signing bonus, but he would be free. Saigon left, Little Brother left when they were at odds with the label, both of whom still had records that they owed the label. So what exactly is Lupe's motive to stay on the label? He doesn't want to do music independently anymore because F&F has pretty much fallen apart with the loss of people over the years. He doesn't want to spend money to create music anymore but still wants to get promo and sell like a major label artist. If he felt bad about his music, no one, not Atlantic, not anyone is stopping him from going into a studio, banging out some music with Soundtrakk and putting it out for free. Doesn't have to be mastered like an album, he did 4 mixtapes that people liked without having any major mastering on them.

The bottom line here that none of you seem to realize is that Lupe is in this situation because he handled the situation like a spoiled child and now is stuck. He released Lasers, great, but now he's locked in for another 2 albums while he constantly engages in negative talks about the label that owns his future. Those of you who are going to buy the CD are probably doing more harm than good. If he sells nothing, I'd be willing to bet that Atlantic would be ready to unload Lupe's contract since it's not worth the money, promo and controversy that led up to its release twice more. Lupe isn't willing to go into his pocket to make music anymore (see: interview when he said he should start charging for 23 minute long mixtapes, interview where he said it costs him up to 800 dollars to mix and master a freestyle etc.), he's publicly called out his fans on downloading after appearing on the mixtape/download circuit for years prior to his major label deal and ya'll really still support him wholeheartedly? I will not be buying Lasers which is unfortunate because I still have a shrink-wrapped copy of both The Cool and F&L in my CD collection from their days of release.
 7 years ago '06        #130
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6738 6738
hes coping a plea
he knows the album is garbage, now hes trying to act like a victim
n*gga u wrote the lyrics to that garbage and picked beats
f**kouttahere with this non sense, no one buying the excuses
label aint force him to do nothing, they might have told him we want this kind of sound
but they didnt force the trash he just put out .. smh@ the stans agreeing with this excuse

go in the booth and give us a good album lupe
 7 years ago '09        #131
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
 - Streetz - said:
hes coping a plea
label aint force him to do nothing, they might have told him we want this kind of sound
but they didnt force the trash he just put out .. smh@ the stans agreeing with this excuse

[pic - click to view]

This man speaks the truth
 7 years ago '04        #132
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 - Streetz - said:
hes coping a plea

You're beyond wrong... but that's ok.
 7 years ago '04        #133
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 regularjoe said:

You're beyond wrong... but that's ok.
Did they hand him a beat CD and say THIS is the album, put some vocals on it?
 7 years ago '06        #134
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Hard to rap over techno tracks, Lupe spittin the truth on here but all the songs sound the same and they don't include the depth that we are accustomed to hear on a lupe album. I had to listen to the Cool and Food and Liquor a billion times to catch all the metaphors, double meanings, and hidden messages. His word play was crazy. I remember having conversations with dudes trying to break down verses.

I listened to this album and nothing went over my head. His subject matter is still better than most artists but it is simplified. He dumbed it down. Also this album lost the concept feel. Food and liquor and the cool had themes.

The state radio song is so ironic. Dude talking about how we forced to hear the same songs and go with trends of the music industry on a track like that. Even ABE seems simplified, although I love the song and its probbably the deepest track on the album. I think atlantic pressured him to make songs that everyone could comprehend.

I blame Atlantic and Lupe. Hopefully he can bounce back like Nas did after dropping that oochy wally and shorty owe me for ice, he took a lot of heat and then he dropped stillmatic

goes and listens to enemy of the state
 7 years ago '10        #135
deadlift 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,918 | Props total: 8041 8041
Lupe? who is that?
 7 years ago '05        #136
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
i think this is just markerting by lupe to get another album or follow up album like kesha did with animal cannibal or gagas done with the fame monsters

lupes going to go down the pop route on lasers
make a losers album with his other tracks - probably make the cover black and have the lights on in it
then sell it a lasers/losers double album
 7 years ago '08        #137
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 421 421
So what is stopping me to believe this won't happen to F&L:The Great American Dream????

And why do most of these songs sound like it was made for Akon to sing on the hook and the Black Eyed Peas to guest star? Not feeling this
 7 years ago '04        #138
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
Did they hand him a beat CD and say THIS is the album, put some vocals on it?
I don't think you really understand the in's and out's of working for a major music business. I think many of you think things are cut and dry--when in reality, it's not that easy. In addition, I think for people who aren't Lupe fans, or people who were disappointed in this CD, it makes your "argument", much more myopic.

Edit: Also, some of your view points consist of things you don't know concretely (i.e, Lupe had this contract release if he did such and such, or Lupe could have left... etc, etc. You weren't there, how would you know 100%? Easy answer--you don't). If you can show me Lupe interviews or interviews with Atlantic record execs, I'd be more apt to believe your point. And even then, all sides of a story are skewed.

Last edited by regularjoe; 03-01-2011 at 06:05 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #139
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 Ex The God said:
The f**k are you talking about. You really think Lupe would choose those beats and hooks? Have you listened to F&L and The Cool? You really think Lupe would put auto tune on his songs? Noones making excuses i'm just trying to point out FACTS for dumb f**ks like yourself. The lyrics are still there on Lasers (I've had the album on repeat) but the beats aren't Lupe. Anyone who actually LISTENS to Lupe can tell that.

Goddamn Boxden is dumb lately.
So Atlantic gave him a full CD with completed beats, finished hooks, and said please insert verses or your album is never coming out and you will rot in eternal MC hell is what youre saying?

They are not facts but opinions, your opinions. The Lupe Stanatics have every excuse under the sun as to why Lupe just dropped Nastradamus Pt.2, other than dude f**ked up. Its ok, he's entitled to have a bad album just stop whining and blaming s**t on everyone else, and put out some better quality music to make up for it.

The album is full of singles, so iTunes wise itíll do some #ís.
 7 years ago '04        #140
Essentials72 
space
space
$2,023 | Props total: 0 0
Originally Posted by Michael 1987 View Post

Some n*ggaz on here are stupid ..Plain an simple

word
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy