Lupes reaction to lasers on Twitter

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #101
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
space
$30,499 | Props total: 15039 15039
yeah lupe signed off on the record so

for ppl saying atlantic would have sued him he could have sued back

at the end of the day he been crying for months to get a album out his fans did a protest

so
 7 years ago '04        #102
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
the album is kind of a dead medium in hip-hop anyway
 7 years ago '09        #103
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,913 | Props total: 1666 1666
Lupe needs to sign to amalgam digital already..
 7 years ago '05        #104
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Is this man on suicide watch?
 7 years ago '10        #105
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 Gm0ney85 said:
sucks how the label did him..they tryin to destroy lupe, change his music, and make him look like a puppet..a non-violent way of silencing n*ggas, the new scheme...

lupe wanna save the hood, but how can u save the hood over a techno/happy/ dance club beat?

how can u preach when a n*gga using auto-tune on the hook?

the label saying, u wont dumb it down.. we'll do it for you..u wanna go against the machine, we'll turn you into the very thing your against.. make u look like a clown, a sell out, and a cry baby...make u lose fans, lose sells, and then drop you..

this album was not lupe...
:applause:
 7 years ago '10        #106
acegutta22 199 heat pts199
space
space
$8,333 | Props total: 5450 5450
this isnt that bad
 7 years ago '10        #107
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15699 15699
Havent really been keepin up on my music

Can sumbody give me a quick rundown on what exactly Lupe's label did?
 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM         #108
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b**ching = the new marketing vehicle

I really like the album but all is b**ching is k!lling it for me. STFU and push your work!
 03-01-2011, 03:55 PM         #109
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lboog1423 said:
Havent really been keepin up on my music

Can sumbody give me a quick rundown on what exactly Lupe's label did?
Was forced to do some songs since his own singles weren't gaining much popularity, turned down two big B.O.B. singles in Nothin On You and Airplanes and then ended up doing Show Goes On and Never Forget You for Atlantic and I'm a.ssuming the Trey Songz joint. They held the album for a couple years too because they thought it wouldn't sell, which it wouldn't have and only when his fans protested did they agree to a release date. Apparantly there were some talks about a 360 deal as well because of his inability to put up big numbers.

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 03-01-2011 at 03:58 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #110
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
This album needed Soundtrakk
 7 years ago '10        #111
Figueroa 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,412 | Props total: 1437 1437
Boo hoo, Lupe just actin' a b**ch now tryin' to generate sympathy gtfo. Album was trash, so glad I dl'd it. I was actually gonna waste $9 on that hot garbage. It's funny to see bx n*ggas quick to take that s**t off they avys. Also, whoever was on that state run radio hook needs to get punched in the thoat.

Last edited by Figueroa; 03-01-2011 at 04:18 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #112
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,809 | Props total: 9127 9127
 SofaKingFresh said:
the album wasnt better than his previous ones but its still bettter than half of the s**t that comes out nowadays

but damn lupe i felt ur pain on beautiful lasers that s**t was deep but dont give up on livin this might not of been ur best s**t but ur still young...how much yall wanna bet that with his next 2 albums he'll solidify himself as the greatest hip hop artist of our generation
why not of all time?
 7 years ago '09        #113
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
All i hear is excuses...

Regardless this album has hits...even with its flaws

not what anybody expected but he is gonna cake off it...and has already
 7 years ago '07        #114
Gunner 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 731 731
Lupe along with Jay Elect and Big K.R.I.T are the artists I said I was going to buy the album. I only liked a few songs and I usually love songs on Lupe's albums. I did download the album, so I am gonna go purchase The Cool because I never bought it. I own F&L, but I can't buy this album.
 7 years ago '04        #115
slimstakez 
space
space
$672 | Props total: 4 4
 TanstA! said:
So far Gutter Rainbows s**ts all over Lasers.
 7 years ago '08        #116
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 305 305
s**t sounds like joe budden vs def jam pt2

Lupe gonna be making mood muzik ???
 7 years ago '04        #117
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4118 4118
He spit truth over poppy beats. If he spit classic verses under non poppy beats y'all would call him nas. Make up your minds slime
 7 years ago '05        #118
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
 Gm0ney85 said:
sucks how the label did him..they tryin to destroy lupe, change his music, and make him look like a puppet..a non-violent way of silencing n*ggas, the new scheme...

lupe wanna save the hood, but how can u save the hood over a techno/happy/ dance club beat?

how can u preach when a n*gga using auto-tune on the hook?

the label saying, u wont dumb it down.. we'll do it for you..u wanna go against the machine, we'll turn you into the very thing your against.. make u look like a clown, a sell out, and a cry baby...make u lose fans, lose sells, and then drop you..

this album was not lupe...

I want my yellow font back n*gga!
 7 years ago '04        #119
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Some of the reasons duke complained about was the way it was being done & the process it took for it to get done. If you really think he gets himself into most situations then idk what to tell you.

From what i've seen, Lupe put out a classic album with "f&l", then released another classic album in "the cool", put out a very short mixtape & put out a poppy album. I think what the problem is with some people is that you don't want to hear ppl complain & just settle things behind closed doors. The problem with that is when you're a major artist & you have a platform to express your disappointments in what's going on what's wrong with "complaining"? If Lupe shut his mouth up & said nothing people would have no idea why he making a pop album & why labels r*pe their artists.

And having a album go gold & going #1 on the hip-hop charts for what, 8 weeks straight i think?, isn't making your label cake? Rick Ross's albums have never gone gold yet he's one of the major rap artists in this game as much as i don't like it.

Like i said before NOBODY knows what goes on behind closed doors, so who's to saying he's lying or telling the truth? If he makes good music that's all i care about, the music. Isn't that why were on the Hip-Hop discussion board? To discuss about music?

Bruh is touring, doing different music ventures with artists, starting a clothing label, has his own label to manage among other things yet he catches hate because he complains that he doesnt want to sell out to his fans but is forced to.

Damn what happened to hip-hop?
So he didnít sign a 360 deal with a major label? So he is just now complaining about the process of making an album (even though heís 3 in). Youíre making excuses for a grown man, which is why all he does is complain and make excuses because he knows his loyal fanbase will always be there.

F&L yes, The Cool, not so much, but thatís just opinion. I donít mind people complaining when the label is NOT doing their job, i.e. no promotion, marketing etc. But since he is on a 360 deal EVERYTHING changes, which Iím sure Lupe wonít explain to his not in the know fans what exactly that constitutes. He is not gaining any fans by bashing the label, bashing his fans for dlíing his music ETC.
Not counting album buybacks, depending the budget it takes anywhere from 100k-1mil+
albums sold to recoup their expenses. So yea, hes making them $ but not major $ like I said. As much as I hate it as well ĺ Ross albums are certified gold FYI.

Yea, the music is whatís important. But this topic isnt about the music, theres an album
discussion thread which is about the music.

All of which is financed by Atlantic Records in accordance with the 360 deal he signed. Why do you think all these rappers are into liquor/clothing lines/perfumes & colognes? Just like in life every relationship is give and take, Lupe wants to take w/out giving thus creating his label issues.

Janet Jacksonís titty popped out ever since then music/movies/the worlds been going down hill.
 7 years ago '04        #120
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
how am I being biased?

Because I see the artist's side of the issue and you don't??

Again, you talked about a happy medium but how is there a medium between an artist and their label? The artist is the employee and label heads are the bosses. They dictate what will be permitted to be on someone's record, not the other way around, because like you said it's a music BUSINESS and they're going to make sure their investment (the artist) gets them their $$.

Like I've said previously, I can see Atlantic or any label for that manner doing this to a NEW artist who isn't already established but Lupe has the plaques, the sales, the grammy noms & grammy wins, a LOYAL fanbase (the same one who ya know fought for the release of Lasers with the whole petition thing), etc. So why NOW try to change Lupe's music direction? Why now interject and say naw we rather you go this way Lu..ya know what I mean?

EDIT: I don't really have much else to say because Agentzer0oo0 pretty much summed it up the best in his latest reply to you.
So you heard both sides? You know how the label felt about the album Lupe turned in? You will RARELY hear the labels side of any artist beefÖso yes your opinion is biased. I see the artistís point of view, but I know how albums are created, turned in, marketed etc etc etc.

Judging from your responses itís obvious you have no idea how the music industry is actually ran, and believe whatever the artists say without knowing better. Not your fault.

99% of MAJOR LABEL albums are made like this. The artist creates the album he wants to create, he then hands in that album. The label reviews the album, and gets opinions from independent A&Rís, their own A&Rís etc, a conclusion is formed. They then take their opinions AND CHANGES to the artist. Through negotiations and trial and error (single leaks etc) /pushbacks, promo music etc a final album is pieced together that BOTH parties have to sign off on. Chances are this album was 60-80% Lupeís creation, 10-20% Atlantics creation, 10-30% compromise on BOTH parts. I.E. Happy Medium.

Atlantic has no reason to change Lupeís whole direction of music, Lupe is in a 360 deal, which means they FULLY finance everything Lupe does (minus tour sponsors) and in return they get a piece of EVERYTHING Lupe does. So, Lupe has plaques, sales, grammy nods, loyal fanbase that goes to his shows, buys his records etc, what sense would it make to change his musical DIRECTION? Hes not making them major cake, but hes a good solid investment AS IS and with his crossover potential a possible whale. Iím positive they pushed for the Alex Da Kid track, because his s**t charts extremely well. Can you blame them? Both sides are in it for the $, but since Lupe constantly pops off at the mouth to HIS OWN FANS, HIS OWN EMPLOYER etc, Atlantic taught him a lesson in Business 101.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago