most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Mr AirRic said:
ive heard the raekwon album (terrible production, plus raekwon's 1 flow that never changes put me to sleep), and saigon's (2-3 really good songs, but the rest was EXTREMELY forgettable-cant get into saigon, his style is nothing special)
Yeah you just a wack n*gga for real.
 7 years ago '08        #82
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23379 23379
 Young Buck said:
Lupe is still a lazy bum, he could have at least made mixtapes before the album dropped, instead he drops some freestyle tracks and none of those were hot, just straight garbage.

f**k Lupe
so Lu wasn't flowin on enemy of the state?
 7 years ago '04        #83
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Well i think you have to understand as well that from the get-go he said it's going to be a mainstream/ "pop"ular album. So it's not like any Lupe fan was getting blindsided by this. I knew full aware what the album was gonna be like & i'm still gonna cop it on march 8th.

Like you said he falls under the boat of budden & saigon as far as trying to release a true album while staying on a major label. This album was a "you know what, here you go so i can get outta this label" .

The funny thing about all of this is that redman did the same exact thing with his last album & duke isn't getting as much hate as Lupe is getting. It's friggin insane.
if he said its going to be a mainstream album from the jump, why go ahead and make something, then complain its not getting released??? Honestly i dont believe a word Lupe has to say, nor do i feel sorry for him...all he does is complain about the situation hes in, yet he put himself there...

Lupe isnt making Atlantic major cake, there was no real reason for them to keep him, until he started running his mouth...he has all the talent and potential in the world but it seems like mentally hes just not built for it...

i copped f&l and the cool, but wont be getting this.

at this point in red's career were people actually expecting a masterpiece like they were with Lupe?
 7 years ago '10        #84
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
Lupe about to call Charles Hamilton and ask him if corpy has more room in his apartment.
 7 years ago '05        #85
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 blacdood said:
the fact that he's spittin conscious rap over pop beats is just OFF
Give this man a cigar. Cause that's exactly what that s**t was.

I like pop sometimes too. But damn he could've did one or two joints like that and moved on, not damn near the whole album.
 7 years ago '04        #86
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
That's some bulls**t.

Why would there have to be a "medium" when the label doesn't have to work with Lupe AT ALL. They don't need to release a damn thing, don't need to put whatever song he wants on the album THEY release...so again where is there room for a happy medium? It's really, do it our way or there's no way IMO.

For example, Nothin' On You was originally Lupe's song...that n*gga wasn't feeling the track but still recorded verses for it as the label wanted...now what if the label comes back saying that track MUST be on the album fam, and that's going to be the 1st single...which is exactly what happened with "Show Must Go On"...soo again, where's the happy medium there??

Only thing Lupe can do is give it his all when he's spitting over these tracks, and on Lasers that's EXACTLY what he did. Lupe goes off and spits good a.ss verses from beginning to end on this record.
FOH with your biased opinion...the music BUSINESS is here to make sure everyone on internet boards are happy cause he spits real s**t??

Do you even know how many songs are passed through the industry on a daily basis or how many times singles actually change hands from artist to artist?
 7 years ago '04        #87
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19946 19946
On the reals though, I feel like I got burnt preordering that LASERS s**t.

with the f**king lasers shirt to go with it.
[pic - click to view]

Anyone looking to buy 2 tickets to the album release concert at webster hall?
 7 years ago '06        #88
Jhnnyblz427 176 heat pts176
space
space
$35,349 | Props total: 18339 18339
 TanstA! said:
On the reals though, I feel like I got burnt preordering that LASERS s**t.

with the f**king lasers shirt to go with it.
[pic - click to view]

Anyone looking to buy 2 tickets to the album release concert at webster hall?
how much
 7 years ago '04        #89
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 Gm0ney85 said:

well my n*gga, news flash.. he didnt accomplish that..

old fans love, created the new fans.. now old fans hate, will create a situation where every-one hates (off the strength of fittin in or acting like they "know what happened")...your witnessing the moment in time where "LUPE CHANGED, HE SOLD OUT" (something u hear with almost every artist.. something lupe KNEW was gonna happen)...and this aint no carter 3 where the mindless follow, and will still have his back like nothing never changed, this lupe... where intelligent hip-hop elitest f!ght for untapped lyricism and substance...

im looking at what the label did from two different perspectives..
1. the label obviously didnt know what they signed, and drop'd the ball when tryin to mold this lupe album...[BOLD] on the 3rd album they didnt know what they signed? [/BOLD]
[BOLD]2. lupe been giving atlantic very bad publicity, so they created a way for him to lose his following and deal..he made the label mad, they aint fukin wit him no more, they aint being reasonable, they want him gone, and they want to destroy him in the process[/BOLD]...thats the end product of Lupe's fiasco (no pun intended)

how can u take mr militant.. and turn him into this.. this s**t like catching louis farrakhan with a white women and flaming hot pork rind residue on his fingers.. f**k u think the nation of islam gonna think?
were saying the same s**t just differently.
 7 years ago '05        #90
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2181 2181
 patt24 said:
were saying the same s**t just differently.

lol..

we'll it still felt good typing it..

props tho!
 7 years ago '04        #91
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 Gm0ney85 said:

lol..

we'll it still felt good typing it..

props tho!
smh if you think some of those militants arent eating pork chops as we speak
 7 years ago '10        #92
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,910 | Props total: 21194 21194
 patt24 said:
if he said its going to be a mainstream album from the jump, why go ahead and make something, then complain its not getting released??? Honestly i dont believe a word Lupe has to say, nor do i feel sorry for him...all he does is complain about the situation hes in, yet he put himself there...

Lupe isnt making Atlantic major cake, there was no real reason for them to keep him, until he started running his mouth...he has all the talent and potential in the world but it seems like mentally hes just not built for it...

i copped f&l and the cool, but wont be getting this.

at this point in red's career were people actually expecting a masterpiece like they were with Lupe?

Some of the reasons duke complained about was the way it was being done & the process it took for it to get done. If you really think he gets himself into most situations then idk what to tell you.

From what i've seen, Lupe put out a classic album with "f&l", then released another classic album in "the cool", put out a very short mixtape & put out a poppy album. I think what the problem is with some people is that you don't want to hear ppl complain & just settle things behind closed doors. The problem with that is when you're a major artist & you have a platform to express your disappointments in what's going on what's wrong with "complaining"? If Lupe shut his mouth up & said nothing people would have no idea why he making a pop album & why labels r*pe their artists.

And having a album go gold & going #1 on the hip-hop charts for what, 8 weeks straight i think?, isn't making your label cake? Rick Ross's albums have never gone gold yet he's one of the major rap artists in this game as much as i don't like it.

Like i said before NOBODY knows what goes on behind closed doors, so who's to saying he's lying or telling the truth? If he makes good music that's all i care about, the music. Isn't that why were on the Hip-Hop discussion board? To discuss about music?

Bruh is touring, doing different music ventures with artists, starting a clothing label, has his own label to manage among other things yet he catches hate because he complains that he doesnt want to sell out to his fans but is forced to.

Damn what happened to hip-hop?
 7 years ago '08        #93
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23379 23379
Lasers is the bastard child from a soured relationship

I'd really like the hear the whole story about Lasers and what transpired between Lu and Atlantic between right after The Cool went gold til now.
 7 years ago '05        #94
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2181 2181
 patt24 said:
smh if you think some of those militants arent eating pork chops as we speak
religion is bulls**t anyway...
 7 years ago '09        #95
SofaKingFresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$737 | Props total: 134 134
the album wasnt better than his previous ones but its still bettter than half of the s**t that comes out nowadays

but damn lupe i felt ur pain on beautiful lasers that s**t was deep but dont give up on livin this might not of been ur best s**t but ur still young...how much yall wanna bet that with his next 2 albums he'll solidify himself as the greatest hip hop artist of our generation
 7 years ago '05        #96
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
 patt24 said:
FOH with your biased opinion...the music BUSINESS is here to make sure everyone on internet boards are happy cause he spits real s**t??

Do you even know how many songs are passed through the industry on a daily basis or how many times singles actually change hands from artist to artist?
how am I being biased?

Because I see the artist's side of the issue and you don't??

Again, you talked about a happy medium but how is there a medium between an artist and their label? The artist is the employee and label heads are the bosses. They dictate what will be permitted to be on someone's record, not the other way around, because like you said it's a music BUSINESS and they're going to make sure their investment (the artist) gets them their $$.

Like I've said previously, I can see Atlantic or any label for that manner doing this to a NEW artist who isn't already established but Lupe has the plaques, the sales, the grammy noms & grammy wins, a LOYAL fanbase (the same one who ya know fought for the release of Lasers with the whole petition thing), etc. So why NOW try to change Lupe's music direction? Why now interject and say naw we rather you go this way Lu..ya know what I mean?

EDIT: I don't really have much else to say because Agentzer0oo0 pretty much summed it up the best in his latest reply to you.

Last edited by LVuittonDon4EVA; 03-01-2011 at 03:29 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #97
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Beautiful Lasers >>>>>>>>>.

come one lupe is was pretty s**tty by your standards but look all the other bs in the game s**ts still better then 80% of it.
 7 years ago '10        #98
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,910 | Props total: 21194 21194
People Viewing This Topic: 182 (100 members and 82 guests)
cbjones, showtiggy, nyckid718, ajeezie, Woodwin, buckinc, 2Fly4Tv, ShadyVsEminem, LVuittonDon4EVA, ricky_peso, loosedog, sideshow20, knowTHEledge, BigC, itz209, aldo, Moreno650, acAWN, luv4music, hewsdaddy, pennstatebolt, Imagin3, SkolaR, FATE, k!llababi, Dollaz, Cardeezy17, tdub-zr0, FLPnotc, Arson, eque89, FSU_CANE561, tdm2000, Auron, terikf, iGenius, thecool126, C. Wat, Gm0ney85, B-Nick31, ><>Young'n<><, cD3k, blah, ballergenetics, breakdowny2j, khaquan, VictoryThagr8, justinct, pyromaniac414, TanstA!|M, theHighlife04, beansy, NYGiantsHUSTLER, patt24, so-reckless, y2kingsfan, Gumb0, Jde313, O_nasty, KNUBB, jaycee, CarolinaPimp, kmiles5830, acegutta22, jdyost55, CPTryder1536, izzy2024, n1ckname, Makaveli4Eva, samsin420, cuzjuan, fat-phat, astroblack9, Nemes1s, getshook8, King rA, Esdot, Ill Fred, eford, Lester86, Mr.M, YoungRockJizzay, StrictlyBiznez, JCyclops, TheOtter, super vILLain, BigGee, stl12188, Ateace3, four20, olook up, HDKG614, fr33

03-01-2011, 03:35 PM         #99
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From before the whole public fallout with Atlantic, Lupe said this would be a different record. He's had moments of weakness on previous albums and this is just a whole bunch of weakness. Uncool off the Cool was fitting, but it wasn't a very good song at all. This album sounds like an extension of that. People need to realize that he said The Show Goes On and the John Legend song were done for the label, not the entire album. Some of these song titles have been floating around prior to the public falling out, so again, Atlantic isn't the only problem. Some of those songs that have been floating around for a while now weren't and aren't very good either and who's to blame for those?

To reiterate a point that no one seems to pay attention to, people leave record labels when they have a falling out. Lupe was not selling like Atlantic wanted him to and he didn't wanna do their kind of music. Had he actually had a conversation with the suits and had his manager around, they could've worked a deal out to leave the label. It would've cost him the rights to Lasers (which he doesn't care about anyways apparantly) and possibly the Cool, but F&L was mainly recorded independently and prior to Atlantic, as well as maybe some of his signing bonus, but he would be free. Saigon left, Little Brother left when they were at odds with the label, both of whom still had records that they owed the label. So what exactly is Lupe's motive to stay on the label? He doesn't want to do music independently anymore because F&F has pretty much fallen apart with the loss of people over the years. He doesn't want to spend money to create music anymore but still wants to get promo and sell like a major label artist. If he felt bad about his music, no one, not Atlantic, not anyone is stopping him from going into a studio, banging out some music with Soundtrakk and putting it out for free. Doesn't have to be mastered like an album, he did 4 mixtapes that people liked without having any major mastering on them.

The bottom line here that none of you seem to realize is that Lupe is in this situation because he handled the situation like a spoiled child and now is stuck. He released Lasers, great, but now he's locked in for another 2 albums while he constantly engages in negative talks about the label that owns his future. Those of you who are going to buy the CD are probably doing more harm than good. If he sells nothing, I'd be willing to bet that Atlantic would be ready to unload Lupe's contract since it's not worth the money, promo and controversy that led up to its release twice more. Lupe isn't willing to go into his pocket to make music anymore (see: interview when he said he should start charging for 23 minute long mixtapes, interview where he said it costs him up to 800 dollars to mix and master a freestyle etc.), he's publicly called out his fans on downloading after appearing on the mixtape/download circuit for years prior to his major label deal and ya'll really still support him wholeheartedly? I will not be buying Lasers which is unfortunate because I still have a shrink-wrapped copy of both The Cool and F&L in my CD collection from their days of release.

Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 03-01-2011 at 03:41 PM..
 03-01-2011, 03:36 PM         #100
Lyriceater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Matter of fact, I like the album f**k what everybody on Boxden and Lupe think about it. It's not on Food & Liquor's or The Cool's level, but still very enjoyable.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago