Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
blacdood 92 heat pts92
space
space
$3,380 | Props total: 33 33
the fact that he's spittin conscious rap over pop beats is just OFF
 7 years ago '04        #62
Bodega 
space
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
All I have to say is go Indie with stonesthrow ....Atlantic will dumb the s**t out of his stuff. Or sign on with Kanye...but ummmm I don't think he will
 7 years ago '05        #63
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
does anyone know how if/how he could release the original lasers album?

could the label not clear it cuz they have the rights to it?.. theres gotta be more to the story behind the original lasers and tracks like "im beaming" and s**t... im sure theres some contract limitations as to why he can't just release it as a mixtape...?????
 7 years ago '04        #64
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
Why is he complaining he said to a major label what kind of music did he think major label make?
 7 years ago '05        #65
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
 patt24 said:
bottom line is...dude signed the contract he's in...hes a label owner himself and should have a clear understanding of the business...i can almost guarantee atlantic did not force him to make a WHOLE album of bad single attempts...i used to love lupe until he started whining and crying over everything...

being a rapper is like having any other job, at the end of the day youre still an employee of so&so records...if they feel like they will not profit off your creation, they will make adjustments as needed...THIS IS DISCUSSED IN THE VERY FIRST MEETING YOU HAVE after you are signed...

in todays market, albums are for the mainstream and mixtapes/ep's are for the fans...there is no way around that signed to a major...if Lupe releases "Lasers: The Mixtape" or some variation of it a month after his album is released and says "this is the album i created, that Atlantic publicly stated they werent going to release, critique away"...then he will gain respect back, but in the end, it is all LUPE FIASCO's fault that THIS version of Lasers was released...

if its not marketed properly then thats Atlantics...

stop taking what these artists say as 100% truth.
SATISFY THE CUSTOMERS... thats the point of the damn job, i dont go to PF CHangs to get Arby's...
 7 years ago '06        #66
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
yeah if u compare this album to food and liquor and the cool, it's obvious he didnt make the album he truly wanted to
 7 years ago '10        #67
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20863 20863
well Micheal1987 & LVuittonDon4EVA pretty much said all that was needed to be said. The album Lupe wanted to make was shelved for a album the higher ups wanted. I don't get what some of y'all are not realizing & quick to give out hate.

The album doesn't suck. It's not as good as his previous stuff but if we were to seriously compare this to other albums out it's better than them. Synth beats, scooping up girls in the club lyrics & all.

Dude should've dropped a mixtape but once again we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It's easy to read articles & get a sense of what's happening, but as a fan you're still left in the no.
 7 years ago '04        #68
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,026 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Gm0ney85 said:
SATISFY THE CUSTOMERS... thats the point of the damn job, i dont go to PF CHangs to get Arby's...
yes its his job to make music that satisfies ALL CUSTOMERS OLD and NEW, but in turn the labels job is to turn a profit off his album...which is where artists like lupe/budden/saigon etc collide w/labels...

you people defend Lupe to the end, but HE signed off on the album, HE made the music, you always have a choice as to what you want to release, or there are ways around it...there is always a happy medium, labels are alot more reasonable then artists lead you on to believe.
 03-01-2011, 02:32 PM         #69
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All lupe had to do was make 2 poppy songs then do w/e he wanted... instead he gives the songs to B.o.B -__-

thats all he had to do labels needa make money too somehow...
 7 years ago '06        #70
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 834 834
 patt24 said:
yes its his job to make music that satisfies ALL CUSTOMERS OLD and NEW, but in turn the labels job is to turn a profit off his album...which is where artists like lupe/budden/saigon etc collide w/labels...

you people defend Lupe to the end, but HE signed off on the album, HE made the music, you always have a choice as to what you want to release, or there are ways around it...there is always a happy medium, labels are alot more reasonable then artists lead you on to believe.
.^^^ They never gonna get it
 7 years ago '04        #71
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
as much as I dont like the album its still in my rotation. I understand lupe had little control and wont personally harbor any ill will towards him. hes still in my top 5
 7 years ago '04        #72
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,397 | Props total: 6431 6431
if he wants to get his vision out then he should drop the album that he did and act like it "mysteriously" got leaked. if not then shut up and go on to the next one.

his fans did a petition to get this out while him and his label was f!ghting. they got the lasers album.
 7 years ago '04        #73
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,026 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Zeeshine said:
All lupe had to do was make 2 poppy songs then do w/e he wanted... instead he gives the songs to B.o.B -__-

thats all he had to do labels needa make money too somehow...

i believe B.O.B. would have made a better album with those beats too.
 7 years ago '10        #74
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20863 20863
 patt24 said:

Well i think you have to understand as well that from the get-go he said it's going to be a mainstream/ "pop"ular album. So it's not like any Lupe fan was getting blindsided by this. I knew full aware what the album was gonna be like & i'm still gonna cop it on march 8th.

Like you said he falls under the boat of budden & saigon as far as trying to release a true album while staying on a major label. This album was a "you know what, here you go so i can get outta this label" .

The funny thing about all of this is that redman did the same exact thing with his last album & duke isn't getting as much hate as Lupe is getting. It's friggin insane.
 7 years ago '05        #75
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,609 | Props total: 438 438
 patt24 said:

That's some bulls**t.

Why would there have to be a "medium" when the label doesn't have to work with Lupe AT ALL. They don't need to release a damn thing, don't need to put whatever song he wants on the album THEY release...so again where is there room for a happy medium? It's really, do it our way or there's no way IMO.

For example, Nothin' On You was originally Lupe's song...that n*gga wasn't feeling the track but still recorded verses for it as the label wanted...now what if the label comes back saying that track MUST be on the album fam, and that's going to be the 1st single...which is exactly what happened with "Show Must Go On"...soo again, where's the happy medium there??

Only thing Lupe can do is give it his all when he's spitting over these tracks, and on Lasers that's EXACTLY what he did. Lupe goes off and spits good a.ss verses from beginning to end on this record.
 03-01-2011, 02:43 PM         #76
yg23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Theres a couple good songs on lasers.
I liked i'm beaming but it's not on there?

But lol but listen to "the cool" after "lasers" no hard decision on which is better
 03-01-2011, 02:44 PM         #77
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
That's some bulls**t.

Why would there have to be a "medium" when the label doesn't have to work with Lupe AT ALL. They don't need to release a damn thing, don't need to put whatever song he wants on the album THEY release...so again where is there room for a happy medium? It's really, do it our way or there's no way IMO.

For example, Nothin' On You was originally Lupe's song...that n*gga wasn't feeling the track but still recorded verses for it as the label wanted...now what if the label comes back saying that track MUST be on the album fam, and that's going to be the 1st single...which is exactly what happened with "Show Must Go On"...soo again, where's the happy medium there??

Only thing Lupe can do is give it his all when he's spitting over these tracks, and on Lasers that's EXACTLY what he did. Lupe goes off and spits good a.ss verses from beginning to end on this record.
TBH I think it went down more like this... Lupe just needed to make a couple of poppy hits like Nothin on You and Show Goes On. Then he would be allowed to do w/e the f**k he wanted to do. Those 2 songs would make the album marketable on their own. Instead he b**ched and complained while making the rest of the album subpar to make himself look like a victim. Im guessing Atlantic tightened the leash once he started yapping his mouth, he shoulda just made the few singles the label wanted then make his ABE type of songs.

Last time I checked his last 2 albums followed that mold with a couple mainstreamish songs making the rounds on MTV (ie Hip Hop Saved My Life, Superstar, Kick Push, Instrumental maybe?) Cept those songs didn't seem to have the techno feeling...

Last edited by Zeeshine; 03-01-2011 at 02:47 PM..
 03-01-2011, 02:46 PM         #78
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good. k!ll yourself. get out of my lane.
 7 years ago '04        #79
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,397 | Props total: 6431 6431
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
That's some bulls**t.

maybe this happened
they was going to go with nothing on you which lupe hated until jim jonsin came in and said you have to get b.o.b on this(which is his artist). they let him on it and there you go
then the label gave lupe one shot with a single. he came out with im beaming and that didn't do well so they said fuk it

edit: has he been doing this since fnl. i thought he hated doing that sunshine song
 7 years ago '05        #80
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
 patt24 said:

well my n*gga, news flash.. he didnt accomplish that..

old fans love, created the new fans.. now old fans hate, will create a situation where every-one hates (off the strength of fittin in or acting like they "know what happened")...your witnessing the moment in time where "LUPE CHANGED, HE SOLD OUT" (something u hear with almost every artist.. something lupe KNEW was gonna happen)...and this aint no carter 3 where the mindless follow, and will still have his back like nothing never changed, this lupe... where intelligent hip-hop elitest f!ght for untapped lyricism and substance...

im looking at what the label did from two different perspectives..
1. the label obviously didnt know what they signed, and drop'd the ball when tryin to mold this lupe album...
2. lupe been giving atlantic very bad publicity, so they created a way for him to lose his following and deal..he made the label mad, they aint fukin wit him no more, they aint being reasonable, they want him gone, and they want to destroy him in the process...

how can u take mr militant.. and turn him into this.. this s**t like catching louis farrakhan with a white women and flaming hot pork rind residue on his fingers.. f**k u think the nation of islam gonna think?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy