Lupes reaction to lasers on Twitter

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,048 | Props total: 19879 19879
So far Gutter Rainbows s**ts all over Lasers.
 7 years ago '06        #42
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,297 | Props total: 18216 18216
i know he's going to drop 'Friend of the People" sooner then what you think so people could realize he he's still the same Lupe

Cant Wait For Summer
 7 years ago '05        #43
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,609 | Props total: 439 439
 Young Buck said:
So he had no control of releasing mixtapes....like every other rapper? Or just..not sell out and release this bulls**t album? PLUS atlantic didn't want to put this s**t out at all. It ain't their fault for this s**t.
This is what ignorant n*ggas on this site is failing to realize. The Lasers album we received is NOT the album Lupe originally created and said he was finished with. It was THAT album Atlantic refused to release.

Lupe himself has said out of the 12 tracks there's only 4 maybe 5 I think that is all from the mind of Lupe, whereas the rest (like Never Forget You, or even Show Must Go On) are tracks the label forced him to record. They gave him the beat, hook, and topic and basically said this record HAS to be on the album. Naturally the label feels they know what the people want and what's the best formula for success and that's where the problem lies. As an artist, Lupe should be able to create w/e he wants, and if the label isn't going to back their investment then they should let the n*gga go...not twist his arm & force him to drop what they want.
 03-01-2011, 01:30 PM         #44
domo360206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album has grown on me. i was not feeling it yesterday.

the beats suck but he was spittin hard.

hardest he ever spit man. you got to really listen to the lyrics and forget about the pop beats. he was taking a lot of shots at the label if you listen. speaking of real s**t on every song. but yall not hearing it because all you hear is the pop beat and corny hooks.

all the versus on lasers is some of lus best to me. this album will go down as one of the most slept on albums.
 7 years ago '04        #45
carbon720 
space
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
This album isn't as bad as you people are making it. Just because someone decides to add a couple of mainstream artist to add some flavor to some tracks then it's garbage. That John Legend song isn't bad. I like it.

I give it a 3.5.
 7 years ago '11        #46
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
Yall internet n*ggas can't be pleased by anything, get out the house or something s**t. Yall sit on boxden all day and hate on everything, some life that must be.
 7 years ago '04        #47
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,902 | Props total: 2583 2583
 jaycee said:
look, i can do that too!!

7 years ago '06        #48
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,356 | Props total: 835 835
 Michael 1987 said:
Um atlantic didnt wanna put out what he had on it before so they changed it dumbass.
they want him to be a pop tart an he aint wann do it. so f**k it.
He still made the album and said HE DOES LIKE THE MUSIC THATS ON IT..whatever it don't matter . he should release the album that he made first then for free
 7 years ago '06        #49
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
 Mr AirRic said:
look, i can do that too!!

good for you
 7 years ago '04        #50
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
f**k the album..

RIP to his bro
 7 years ago '09        #51
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
 OBv said:
damn man this whole thing is f**ked up...i wish he would release a free album or something because obviously Lasers was not his creation. I feel kinda bad for Lupe.
why....atlantic paid him to make that bulls**t, thats like saying your said that some mexican got paid to cut a grass after the mexican did a bad job at cutting the grass

blame the mexican....and in this sense, blame lupe

and his brother died???
 7 years ago '06        #52
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
Some n*ggaz on here are stupid ..Plain an simple
agree!
 7 years ago '09        #53
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 jaycee said:
What a :fruit: MAN UP and make a good album and stop your blood clott crying
You make a better album.
 7 years ago '04        #54
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
The label might control his album, but why not drop a mixtape with the vide he wants?

Hell, he shoulda leaked the old material just to satisfy his true fans (since the tracks have no use)
 7 years ago '06        #55
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
 klm1015 said:
You make a better album.
im not a rapper ..clown
 7 years ago '06        #56
space
space
 tdm2000 said:
The label might control his album, but why not drop a mixtape with the vide he wants?

Hell, he shoulda leaked the old material just to satisfy his true fans (since the tracks have no use)
you know he's gonna be in the mood to drop a mixtape soon..
 7 years ago '04        #57
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
bottom line is...dude signed the contract he's in...hes a label owner himself and should have a clear understanding of the business...i can almost guarantee atlantic did not force him to make a WHOLE album of bad single attempts...i used to love lupe until he started whining and crying over everything...

being a rapper is like having any other job, at the end of the day youre still an employee of so&so records...if they feel like they will not profit off your creation, they will make adjustments as needed...THIS IS DISCUSSED IN THE VERY FIRST MEETING YOU HAVE after you are signed...

in todays market, albums are for the mainstream and mixtapes/ep's are for the fans...there is no way around that signed to a major...if Lupe releases "Lasers: The Mixtape" or some variation of it a month after his album is released and says "this is the album i created, that Atlantic publicly stated they werent going to release, critique away"...then he will gain respect back, but in the end, it is all LUPE FIASCO's fault that THIS version of Lasers was released...

if its not marketed properly then thats Atlantics...

stop taking what these artists say as 100% truth.
 7 years ago '05        #58
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,609 | Props total: 439 439
 Michael 1987 said:
He was on contract to make the album from the start n*gga.. do you have any sense?

n*ggaz over here blaming him like it's his fault he made the album the way he wanted it .. then let atlantic heard it an they said change it because they wanted that pop tart s**t.. so he said aight w/e f**k it..So he changed it an it came out an now n*ggaz are b**chin/blaming him like it his fault.
Best summary of what has taken place with this whole Lasers fiasco (pun intended)
 7 years ago '06        #59
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
 X-NINE said:
Like I said, this n*gga needs to work on Food & Liquor 2 ASAP....Knowing how dedicated his fanbase is, he's gotta make this up forreal forreal now

But hey, he was feeling down when Food & Liquor only did 300K+ and it motivated him to still go hard with The Cool. Maybe this will motivate him
think he said after this album he was finna fiocus on making music w/ his band...
 7 years ago '08        #60
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 patt24 said:
bottom line is...dude signed the contract he's in...hes a label owner himself and should have a clear understanding of the business...i can almost guarantee atlantic did not force him to make a WHOLE album of bad single attempts...i used to love lupe until he started whining and crying over everything...

being a rapper is like having any other job, at the end of the day youre still an employee of so&so records...if they feel like they will not profit off your creation, they will make adjustments as needed...THIS IS DISCUSSED IN THE VERY FIRST MEETING YOU HAVE after you are signed...

in todays market, albums are for the mainstream and mixtapes/ep's are for the fans...there is no way around that signed to a major...if Lupe releases "Lasers: The Mixtape" or some variation of it a month after his album is released and says "this is the album i created, that Atlantic publicly stated they werent going to release, critique away"...then he will gain respect back, but in the end, it is all LUPE FIASCO's fault that THIS version of Lasers was released...

if its not marketed properly then thats Atlantics...

stop taking what these artists say as 100% truth.
there's 2 sides to every story. this is an interesting thread.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy