Lupes reaction to lasers on Twitter

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Young Buck said:
Lupe is still a lazy bum, he could have at least made mixtapes before the album dropped, instead he drops some freestyle tracks and none of those were hot, just straight garbage.

f**k Lupe
Talk about being lazy..take a look at your username
 7 years ago '07        #22
whowantit 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 4735 4735
 Mr AirRic said:
well people are just being drama queens about this cd...even though its worse than his other 2 cd's (which are unbelievable albums), its still better than anything released yet this year..still have it on rotation..people just find it easier and cooler to hate as much as they can without finding the positive
I guess you havent heard the new Pharaohe Monch album or the new Saigon album or even the new Raekwon album...
 7 years ago '04        #23
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
 whowantit said:
I guess you havent heard the new Pharaohe Monch album or the new Saigon album or even the new Raekwon album...
ive heard the raekwon album (terrible production, plus raekwon's 1 flow that never changes put me to sleep), and saigon's (2-3 really good songs, but the rest was EXTREMELY forgettable-cant get into saigon, his style is nothing special)
 7 years ago '04        #24
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1795 1795
doesn't lupe creep around on this board, yall tearing the album apart is gonna cause this dude to become suicidal again lol.
 7 years ago '05        #25
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
 Mr AirRic said:
well people are just being drama queens about this cd...even though its worse than his other 2 cd's (which are unbelievable albums), its still better than anything released yet this year..still have it on rotation..people just find it easier and cooler to hate as much as they can without finding the positive
nah, people aint hating man..i think lupe is probably the closest thing the peoples champ of hip-hop, that being said.. people are upset that THE LABEL made lupe look like this sell-out, and we are kinda mad at lupe for lettin it happen.... its good music, it just aint lupe music..

i mean how long have we been waiting for this "instant classic".. i expected introspective lyrics over real instruments.. not s**t about girls and the club over synth beats, we got enough of that right now.. we dont want that from lupe..

this is hardly the super lupe lyrical n*gga that soulja boy was referring to...
 03-01-2011, 01:07 PM         #26
bklynUSA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He recorded it. He OK'd the record. Hit the streets (or whatever you call where they listen to Lupe) and got dissed. He blames the label? If you make good records, timing, promotion, none of that matters.
 7 years ago '08        #27
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
 bklynUSA said:
He recorded it. He OK'd the record. Hit the streets (or whatever you call where they listen to Lupe) and got dissed. He blames the label? If you make good records, timing, promotion, none of that matters.
exactly, f**k what these dudes are saying
 7 years ago '04        #28
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
The dude had no choice but to make this record. We all saw the delays that happened when he wasn't playing with the system. He had to play by their rules to make this record come out the way it did. This isn't Lupe's vision, this was the label's vision; they label just used Lupe's voice to try and make it happen, but we all know that s**t isn't gonna trick us into believing that's Lupe's vision. That's why this album is getting the backlash it's getting.

If Lupe would've continued to try doing things his way, we wouldn't have gotten any new album for a LOOONG time, and it just would've left Lupe stranded in his contract even longer. He may as well knock out a bulls**t album to further help fulfill the contractual obligations. I dunno how many albums he owes Atlantic, but he did what he had to do to get one step closer to getting off there.

I haven't heard the album, and I honestly don't expect it to be anywhere near his first two albums, but I understand why he did what he had to do. You can try to stand up for yourself and be an artist, but the big Jews running the labels certainly have way more power in the business than you as an artist can have within yourself. Sad reality, but it is what it is.
 7 years ago '10        #29
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
album was poop
 7 years ago '06        #30
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,350 | Props total: 827 827
I love how the STANS are saying its all atlantics fault , A. he made the music B. atlantic didn't want to put this crap out ...
 7 years ago '08        #31
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
 R-iZZy said:
The dude had no choice but to make this record. We all saw the delays that happened when he wasn't playing with the system. He had to play by their rules to make this record come out the way it did. This isn't Lupe's vision, this was the label's vision; they label just used Lupe's voice to try and make it happen, but we all know that s**t isn't gonna trick us into believing that's Lupe's vision. That's why this album is getting the backlash it's getting.

If Lupe would've continued to try doing things his way, we wouldn't have gotten any new album for a LOOONG time, and it just would've left Lupe stranded in his contract even longer. He may as well knock out a bulls**t album to further help fulfill the contractual obligations. I dunno how many albums he owes Atlantic, but he did what he had to do to get one step closer to getting off there.

I haven't heard the album, and I honestly don't expect it to be anywhere near his first two albums, but I understand why he did what he had to do. You can try to stand up for yourself and be an artist, but the big Jews running the labels certainly have way more power in the business than you as an artist can have within yourself. Sad reality, but it is what it is.
So he had no control of releasing mixtapes....like every other rapper? Or just..not sell out and release this bulls**t album? PLUS atlantic didn't want to put this s**t out at all. It ain't their fault for this s**t.
 7 years ago '07        #32
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,820 | Props total: 290 290
dude sounds like a nutcase after reading those tweets....glad I dont support him....
 7 years ago '04        #33
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
 Young Buck said:
So he had no control of releasing mixtapes....like every other rapper? Or just..not sell out and release this bulls**t album? PLUS atlantic didn't want to put this s**t out at all. It ain't their fault for this s**t.
dude if he didnt fulfill his contract obligation the dude could get sued for a lotta money. hehad to do it. and he cant/isnt gonna not promote the album, thats probably in the contract too. besides, mixtapes can cost a lotta money dude, especially high quality ones. dude may not wanna release some BS like that, and i cant blame him. Hell bounce back tho
 7 years ago '09        #34
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,074 | Props total: 8845 8845
 Mr AirRic said:
ive heard the raekwon album (terrible production, plus raekwon's 1 flow that never changes put me to sleep), and saigon's (2-3 really good songs, but the rest was EXTREMELY forgettable-cant get into saigon, his style is nothing special)
 7 years ago '05        #35
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
this is all horribly sad...
 7 years ago '05        #36
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 R-iZZy said:

This post is just full of WIN.

The signs of him being fed up with the label politics and bulls**t dates back to him wanting to drop LupE.N.D....he has 3 more albums left on his contract with Atlantic so he tried to just knock it all out at once and be done with him but obviously they weren't going to green light that. So I don't blame him or compromising and giving the label somewhat of what they want so he can eventually get what HE wants (off the label, or at least drop a record that's fully him doing him).

This Lasers album may not be Lupe's vision, and was forced to record certain songs on the record but regardless of that, MUSICALLY the album isn't as bad as n*ggas keep making it out to be. Lupe still blesses us with wonderful verses throughout.
 7 years ago '06        #37
ljames1 2 heat pts OP
space
space
$495 | Props total: 20 20
 Gm0ney85 said:
nah, people aint hating man..i think lupe is probably the closest thing the peoples champ of hip-hop, that being said.. people are upset that THE LABEL made lupe look like this sell-out, and we are kinda mad at lupe for lettin it happen.... its good music, it just aint lupe music..

i mean how long have we been waiting for this "instant classic".. i expected introspective lyrics over real instruments.. not s**t about girls and the club over synth beats, we got enough of that right now.. we dont want that from lupe..

this is hardly the super lupe lyrical n*gga that soulja boy was referring to...
my thoughts exactly. was already calling it album of the year before i heard it. took that back real quick.
 7 years ago '06        #38
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
space
$35,139 | Props total: 17965 17965
album was not bad like ya n*ggas saying im good with this.
 7 years ago '06        #39
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,350 | Props total: 827 827
 Mr AirRic said:
 7 years ago '05        #40
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
is Michael the only n*gga in here with sense?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago