Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM         #181
mightyhealthy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr AirRic said:
well people are just being drama queens about this cd...even though its worse than his other 2 cd's (which are unbelievable albums), its still better than anything released yet this year..still have it on rotation..people just find it easier and cooler to hate as much as they can without finding the positive
Def not better than The Greatest Story Never Told, Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang, and a handful of others and I'm a big Lupe fan
 03-01-2011, 11:31 PM         #182
mightyhealthy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Panasonic said:
idgaf, lupes version prob would have been better, but the beat on stereo sun is the shid. Some other cat rapped on it and tried to label it as lupe fiasco's.

Now that s**t is terrrrrrrrrrible
 7 years ago '04        #183
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 787 787
 acAWN said:
This s**t sounded like BOB's throwaways
this. Downloaded it, listened to it once, put it in the trash.
 7 years ago '05        #184
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
 regularjoe said:
On a side note... maybe if more of us actually bought albums, we wouldn't have to worry about this. Different argument/discussion for a different day.
What does buying records have to do with this one sucking
 7 years ago '08        #185
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 53 53
 regularjoe said:

On a side note... maybe if more of us actually bought albums, we wouldn't have to worry about this. Different argument/discussion for a different day.

totally disagree. hiphop music in its modern prime which was the tupac/biggie era and still there was tons of filler being released as there always will be for the simple fact that unlike the movie industry as much where there are a lot more purists (take the Oscars for instance) music is much more of a brainwashed industry. So Atlantic says here are the beats we want u to use, make sure u make plenty of songs like kick, push so we can give em to the radio and play em 50 times a day and brainwash kids into liking this when in 6 months the music becomes totally irrelevant and has no replay value...and I'm not talking specifically about Lupes' album either.
 7 years ago '08        #186
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 53 53
 THEINFAMOUS said:
b/c hes saying he made this album for the 15 yr old boys and girls who are the main people who buy albums
 7 years ago '09        #187
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
Why was lupe so restrained on this album?I mean atlantic let him do his thing on. The first two albums now they make him use all these leftover songs and songs he wasn't involved in the creative process..just bc he wouldn't sign the 360 deal or just bc they wanted him to make a pop album to make money?..well they are gonna feel stupid when the numbers are low on this and they would have been way higher if he had did it his way like the cool..
 03-02-2011, 12:01 AM         #188
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm still in awe at the song "i don't wanna care right now"...this can't be for real.....i mean this album is absolutely horrific...but that particular song is astronomically bad...jesus christ....

the problem with this album is that it in no way shape,or form sounds anything remotely like a lupe fiasco album...it sounds like some euro techno/house garbage...that has for whatever reason infiltrated mainstream american pop music....and even worse filtered into hip hop music....mainstream hip hop artist in general have completely turned their back on hip hop as a UNIQUE voice,and are just falling in line with whatever garbage a.ss sound becomes popular.....the very thing that made hip hop stand out is dead...hip hop used to sound NOTHING like anything else out...

i feel for lupe...if this is what he had to do to get an album out...even worse if he actually thought that this was a nice piece of work....that would really be the nail in the coffin for this n*gga....but i tend to refuse to believe that,because this dude made f&l,and the cool..which were 2 very strong albums....and ..@"coming up".....man i'm done...
 7 years ago '04        #189
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
Friend of the People coming soon.....
 7 years ago '07        #190
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 HotepSuns said:
i'm still in awe at the song "i don't wanna care right now"...this can't be for real.....i mean this album is absolutely horrific...but that particular song is astronomically bad...jesus christ....

the problem with this album is that it in no way shape,or form sounds anything remotely like a lupe fiasco album...it sounds like some euro techno/house garbage...that has for whatever reason infiltrated mainstream american pop music....and even worse filtered into hip hop music....mainstream hip hop artist in general have completely turned their back on hip hop as a UNIQUE voice,and are just falling in line with whatever garbage a.ss sound becomes popular.....the very thing that made hip hop stand out is dead...hip hop used to sound NOTHING like anything else out...

i feel for lupe...if this is what he had to do to get an album out...even worse if he actually thought that this was a nice piece of work....that would really be the nail in the coffin for this n*gga....but i tend to refuse to believe that,because this dude made f&l,and the cool..which were 2 very strong albums....and ..@"coming up".....man i'm done...
I agree w/ everything you said. It's not him, its generic. He'll come back strong though.
 7 years ago '04        #191
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
I bet his next album will shut the haters down.
 7 years ago '04        #192
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,047 | Props total: 4839 4839
Lasers is a great album imo. Lasers might be a bit pop-ish but I know F&L 2 ain't going to go the same route. He needs to get into the "mixtape" route and drop the tracks that don't sound like the ones on the album.
 7 years ago '04        #193
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13152 13152
 THEINFAMOUS said:
If more of us bought albums--artists wouldn't have to compromise. If "The Cool" went 2-3x platinum... he wouldn't have to compromise s**t.

Block215 said:
totally disagree. hiphop music in its modern prime which was the tupac/biggie era and still there was tons of filler being released as there always will be for the simple fact that unlike the movie industry as much where there are a lot more purists (take the Oscars for instance) music is much more of a brainwashed industry. So Atlantic says here are the beats we want u to use, make sure u make plenty of songs like kick, push so we can give em to the radio and play em 50 times a day and brainwash kids into liking this when in 6 months the music becomes totally irrelevant and has no replay value...and I'm not talking specifically about Lupes' album either.
Distribution today is so much greater. It's impossible to compare 15 years ago to now. To be honest, I'm not really following exactly the point/correlation you're trying to make. (As well as, IMHO, the "modern prime" wasn't the Tupac/Biggie era... it was 99-04).

HotepSuns said:

I agree, "I Don't Want to Care" is pretty much the only song I don't like on the album. It's almost as Lupe made sure that song made the album to say.... "see what these f**kers are forcing me to do?"....

I like the 2nd point you make. Except for the "unique voice" part. There's artists in hip-hop with a unique voice. Lupe is STILL one of those artists, regardless of where listeners/fans/critics choose to place this album. Unforunately, this is what happens when a genre of music grows, and grows rapidly. In the grand scheme of things... hip hop hasn't been around that long. And I think making a blanket statement of "hip hop artists turned their back and fall in line" with a specific sound.

As for you're 3rd point.... I feel for Lupe too. I don't think Lupe thinks this is a nice piece of work. But... a "nail in the coffin", if he likes the album.... unless I misunderstood you're point, that's stupid IMHO.
 03-02-2011, 12:53 AM         #194
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
If more of us bought albums--artists wouldn't have to compromise. If "The Cool" went 2-3x platinum... he wouldn't have to compromise s**t.

Distribution today is so much greater. It's impossible to compare 15 years ago to now. To be honest, I'm not really following exactly the point/correlation you're trying to make. (As well as, IMHO, the "modern prime" wasn't the Tupac/Biggie era... it was 99-04).

I agree, "I Don't Want to Care" is pretty much the only song I don't like on the album. It's almost as Lupe made sure that song made the album to say.... "see what these f**kers are forcing me to do?"....

I like the 2nd point you make. Except for the "unique voice" part. There's artists in hip-hop with a unique voice. Lupe is STILL one of those artists, regardless of where listeners/fans/critics choose to place this album. Unforunately, this is what happens when a genre of music grows, and grows rapidly. In the grand scheme of things... hip hop hasn't been around that long. And I think making a blanket statement of "hip hop artists turned their back and fall in line" with a specific sound.

As for you're 3rd point.... I feel for Lupe too. I don't think Lupe thinks this is a nice piece of work. But... a "nail in the coffin", if he likes the album.... unless I misunderstood you're point, that's stupid IMHO.

of course there are mc's with a unique "SOUND"..i said specifically "MAINSTREAM" artist in general....as this same a.ss euro poppy a.ss sound is making it's rounds in the mainstream hip hop world...and that s**t is boo boo...i'm sick of the whole follower a.ss mentality hip hop is on as a whole...it's hard to decipher one artist from the next,because they are all going to the same producers for the same sound....s**t is retarded,unoriginal,and BORING...

you may find it stupid,but it seems everyone else AGREES..as this n*gga is on twitter crying,because everyone is saying the album is garbage...so YES..if he actually thought this was the direction he needed to go,or a direction he should continue to travel...it's the nail in his coffin..because he will essentially be alienating his audience...
 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM         #195
Galan Da Destro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How do you make a record label bow to the people? if ANYTHING it was a false victory in the peoples eyes, because the record label win's either way.

Lupe (and I pray) is just saying this s**t to not let his record label see his dislike for them, because if lupe is seriously acting like this album was "Lupe" material....he crushing MY feelings.
 7 years ago '04        #196
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,068 | Props total: 591 591
 Young Buck said:
So he had no control of releasing mixtapes....like every other rapper? Or just..not sell out and release this bulls**t album? PLUS atlantic didn't want to put this s**t out at all. It ain't their fault for this s**t.
When's the last time you heard a mixtape garner critiques and analysis? Albums hold a lot more weight on a person's legacy than mixtapes as far as being a musical artist goes (that's in general with any genre of music).

And we all know what would've happened if he would've shelved the album. He would've been stuck on Atlantic until who knows how long. His release certainly wouldn't have been on his own terms.

And it ain't their fault for Lasers? Are we talking about not giving them the blame for its release or the way it turned out? Cuz if we're talking the latter, then it sounds like they have a very huge part of the blame to own up to. If we're talking the former, they didn't have to respond to the petition, but they did, and they obviously did it with an intent to capitalize on the publicity (the label forced Lupe to rap about the label conflicts, according to Lupe).

And how is Lupe supposed to create his vision in music if he doesn't have the backing of his label to help finance it? You can't just create an original vision behind used beats. You can try, but the execution would be horrible compared to having never-before-heard production. It wouldn't even compare.

Lupe can only be blamed for trusting his artistry in the hands of greedy people who see music as a business rather than an art. Lupe is an artist. He shouldn't have to compromise his integrity as an artist for anyone, especially suits who once stood behind his original vision.
 7 years ago '06        #197
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
although i like some of the songs on lasers, it doesnt come close to f&l or the cool which is a shame cause i think they f**ked up his chance of having 3 great albums in a row
 7 years ago '04        #198
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13152 13152
 HotepSuns said:
of course there are mc's with a unique "SOUND"..i said specifically "MAINSTREAM" artist in general....as this same a.ss euro poppy a.ss sound is making it's rounds in the mainstream hip hop world...and that s**t is boo boo...i'm sick of the whole follower a.ss mentality hip hop is on as a whole...it's hard to decipher one artist from the next,because they are all going to the same producers for the same sound....s**t is retarded,unoriginal,and BORING...

you may find it stupid,but it seems everyone else AGREES..as this n*gga is on twitter crying,because everyone is saying the album is garbage...so YES..if he actually thought this was the direction he needed to go,or a direction he should continue to travel...it's the nail in his coffin..because he will essentially be alienating his audience...
I know (assumed) what you meant, I was talking about mainstream artists in my point. And the follower mentality is nothing new in hip hop. So, I'm guessing it's starting to annoy you now?

And you're wrong, not everyone thinks this album is garbage. Outside of Boxden, everyone I've talked to who listened, likes it. (Except for a poster on Boxden, who is a good friend of mine outside Boxden, lol-- what's up 2ToTimes).

I'm pretty sure--(I don't know Lupe, so I'm a.ssuming like everyone else)--this wasn't his choice to go this direction. I think he did the best with what he was allowed/given. And I think you know and agree with that thought. As well as, I feel strongly none of his fans will stop being his fans because of this album.
 7 years ago '04        #199
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2220 2220
Did Lupe ever say he didn't like the album? I read the twitter posts and he never said he didn't like the album or that the record label made him put it out..
 7 years ago '09        #200
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,099 | Props total: 1833 1833
BP3 was slightly a.ss. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was fuccin horrible. This Lasers shxt was fuccin horrible. Somebody needs to put out an actual rap album. Smh, where the hell is NaS. There ain't nothing wrong with going left but this shxt went off the gotdamn cliff with it. Lupe should take this music back up to the mountains where he found it :disdain2:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy