NBA Press Release Crowned Blake Griffin Winner Before Dunk Contest

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 03-01-2011, 06:08 PM         #61
bdp1510 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol I just watched the top ten dunks of the month on NBA.com and Demar Derozan dunk from the dunk contest was number 1, Javale McGee didn't even make the list and Blake dunk over the car was 3rd it is wat it is though
 7 years ago '04        #62
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 596 596
It looked like Dr J was gonna have a stroke from giving Griffin extra points for regular dunks.
 7 years ago '09        #63
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
As long as fans vote for the winner, is there any doubt who is gonna win each year? Its only been one upset in that area and that was Nate beating Dwight. Other than that its been the more popular guy that won the finals since they started that s**t.

Once Blake was set to show up for it they should have given him the trophy because nobody in the field was more popular than him
 7 years ago '07        #64
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30274 30274
 Hold That said:
after Jordan left, NBA also lost a lot of fans(especially with the lockout a year later), something had to be done to fill in the void.. It's not far fetched to believe the rigging started in 2000..
Exactly.

The league was lucky that Magic & Bird just happened to be the two top stars in college, at the same time, and just happened to make it to the NCAA finals and put on a great show... AND go into the draft right after that. It was luck that they just happened to do all that.

I dunno if it was coincidence that they just happened to go to Boston and L.A. though.

Doesn't matter though... by complete accident they were the drivers of a star driven league. 80s L.A, Boston, Detroit... they were the best teams, no question.

90s Bulls, no question they were the best team. No question the Rockets were the champions.

The thing is, when Jordan left that first time... the league went from sugar to sh*t in a f**king hurry. Stern was left scrambling. When Jordan came back, that sh*t was a celebration.

.... but then he left again, and a lockout ensues... and Stern was not gonna be unprepared again, and get k!lled in the ratings like last time Jordan left. He manipulated the sh*t outta the league since. Just like baseball did in their game after the lockout of their own.

Damn near all these top players since 2000 are league created stars. Shaq was that dominating, he didn't need help. I'd say the same for Iverson. These other guys though... Bron, Wade (who is my fave player), Kobe, Pierce, Garnett, Dirk, etc.... these guys are not as good as the league helps them to be.
 7 years ago '04        #65
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,670 | Props total: 15390 15390
 kidbrosweets said:
please tell us how. Haha n*gga shut the f**k up
You're telling me Blake Griffin doesn't increase ratings for the NBA? More ratings and exposure equals more money. He's one of the most exciting players in the league right now. No one was watching the Clippers before, but now people are curious. People are actually going to games just to watch the kid play. People are tuning in to Clippers game just to watch the kid play.

I definitely don't agree with the fact that he should have won. I liked his first and second round dunks but the car dunk was mainly concerned with presentation, which ultimately won it for him in the end. A full-house choir and a car? Come on.

The NBA is going to milk him for a very long time, my friend.
 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM         #66
stonajoe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
Blake shouldn't have even made it to the 2nd round
bottom line
 03-01-2011, 07:51 PM         #67
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait...the NBA is fake.noooooooooooooo

stern is nothing more then a corrupt jew
 7 years ago '08        #68
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 refuze said:
You're telling me Blake Griffin doesn't increase ratings for the NBA? More ratings and exposure equals more money. He's one of the most exciting players in the league right now. No one was watching the Clippers before, but now people are curious. People are actually going to games just to watch the kid play. People are tuning in to Clippers game just to watch the kid play.

I definitely don't agree with the fact that he should have won. I liked his first and second round dunks but the car dunk was mainly concerned with presentation, which ultimately won it for him in the end. A full-house choir and a car? Come on.

The NBA is going to milk him for a very long time, my friend.
Increase ratings of what exactly? The dunk contest which people were already watching? You know the reason they had him in is because he built up a buzz off his play right? The man was a human highlight reel and Sportscenter top 10 every night, so yeah they milked it by inviting him since EVERYONE wanted to see what he would do.

Clippers ratings have not, and will not, change cause of a damn dunk contest. The reason they might slightly be up is because of what he does on a nightly basis (if he lost, nothing would've changed that).

You know why he won? 1. Fan voting (He won the contest as soon as he entered, due to his hype NOT the NBA) 2. Hometown hero (Face of host city's franchise ALWAYS has the upperhand)

Of course the NBA is gonna milk him for a long time; it's a star-driven league, that goes without saying. Doesn't mean they would rig a f**king dunk contest to do that, which ultimately makes no difference. (See: Lebron, Durant)
 7 years ago '07        #69
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 stogz said:
Exactly.

The league was lucky that Magic & Bird just happened to be the two top stars in college, at the same time, and just happened to make it to the NCAA finals and put on a great show... AND go into the draft right after that. It was luck that they just happened to do all that.

I dunno if it was coincidence that they just happened to go to Boston and L.A. though.

Doesn't matter though... by complete accident they were the drivers of a star driven league. 80s L.A, Boston, Detroit... they were the best teams, no question.

90s Bulls, no question they were the best team. No question the Rockets were the champions.

The thing is, when Jordan left that first time... the league went from sugar to sh*t in a f**king hurry. Stern was left scrambling. When Jordan came back, that sh*t was a celebration.

.... but then he left again, and a lockout ensues... and Stern was not gonna be unprepared again, and get k!lled in the ratings like last time Jordan left. He manipulated the sh*t outta the league since. Just like baseball did in their game after the lockout of their own.

Damn near all these top players since 2000 are league created stars. Shaq was that dominating, he didn't need help. I'd say the same for Iverson. These other guys though... Bron, Wade (who is my fave player), Kobe, Pierce, Garnett, Dirk, etc.... these guys are not as good as the league helps them to be.
there is so much bias in this...Kobe not as good as the league helps him to be...are they making the rim wider for him? are they making players not jump hard so they dont block his fadeaway? wat help in particular??? Kobe has been in the league for 14 years and has probably had 1 year where he was undisputable best player it has always been AI or Tmac or Lebron...i would say that he has earned his spot more so than any star ever and wasnt givin s**t. I would like to know how the league helps him but didnt help Shaq? i dont know your post history but from what i just read you dont like for Kobe...Iverson dominant but Kobe not? please make sense of that
 7 years ago '09        #70
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
 FLO said:
on some real s**t, this ain't even a story. someone is hyping things up. this is nothing more than one of the many pre-written press releases that the PR department had ready to hand out. one of these were most likely written for each of the contestants so that the itinerary could be sent out faster after the contest. this happens all the time. how do i know? as a ball player myself, i remember reading two different press releases that were written about me by my schools athletic department, back in my junior year of college, when i entered the draft. one said i was coming back to school the other said i decided to stay in the draft. they just wrote both stories ahead of time in order to get them out faster to the public.
c'mon, bx knows it was rigged. lebron could enter and just do a normal dunk and win it. its all about hype and pleasing the cash cow. griffen had the biggest hype outta the other dunkers, so its obvious hes gunna win it
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago