Lupe Fiasco Interview: States he hates "Lasers" and was forced to do "Show Goes On"

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM         #61
yeahson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
Life isn't fair. These a**holes are making millions by doing music. You have to do a couple songs you don't like? Oh f**king well. He's not popular enough to control his music yet. You're an idiot if you don't expect major record labels to want to control parts of your album. It's a f**king business. An album full of nerd rap and world views doesn't sell. This is coming from a Lupe fan.
Co-sign.
 7 years ago '04        #62
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
^^ he knew what the f**k he was getting into when he signed with a major label. they wanna get money. plain and simple. and they know what he "wants" to put out isnt s**t thats gonna sell. not that Lasers will either but its still an attempt to be mainstream and make money.

and this n*gga wants his money just as bad thats the only thing i dont understand...how hes gonna b**ch abt the label trying to get paid, hes doing the exact same s**t. that was the whole point of the "im not putting out mixtapes anymore" because people were "stealing his music". ok u abt ur money, so is the f**king label. so hes a walking contradiction
 7 years ago '11        #63
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
$729 | Props total: 1377 1377
man.... SO f**kin DISAPPOINTED
 7 years ago '05        #64
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,916 | Props total: 10778 10778
I said this once and I'm a say it again. If Lupe wants to put out the music that he wants to put out he needs to leave Atlantic records and do what Tech N9ne did and go Indy plain and simple. Tech has his own label and can make his own music, videos, and all that s**t and doesn't have to appeal to the people that the major labels want him to. Why? Cause he owns his own label and he's independent. Plus he has a loyal fanbase.

Lupe right now has a descent fanbase and he's worldwide. If he just branches off from Atlantic and just run around with 1st and 15th he'll be fine!! He has money and a loyal fanbase. He can and will be in a win win situation just like Tech.
 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM         #65
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sivraj said:
I said this once and I'm a say it again. If Lupe wants to put out the music that he wants to put out he needs to leave Atlantic records and do what Tech N9ne did and go Indy plain and simple. Tech has his own label and can make his own music, videos, and all that s**t and doesn't have to appeal to the people that the major labels want him to. Why? Cause he owns his own label and he's independent. Plus he has a loyal fanbase.

Lupe right now has a descent fanbase and he's worldwide. If he just branches off from Atlantic and just run around with 1st and 15th he'll be fine!! He has money and a loyal fanbase. He can and will be in a win win situation just like Tech.
But keep in mind that Lupe is lazy, compared to Tech. Not a knock on him, but Lupe is more of that Jay Electronica, Dr. Dre, every track has to be an absolute classic and if it's not I'll get emotional mindset. That's not the kind of grind that works on the Indy scene. Tech is the hardest working man in rap, Lupe is too frail (again not a knock) to really go that route, I think...
 7 years ago '05        #66
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
 Sivraj said:

i agree but i think atlantic will want him to pay them alot to release him

if it was real easy to get out of his contract i think he would of left years ago

he needs to leave atlantic so he can put his own album out instead of compromising
 7 years ago '08        #67
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
This thread BLEEDS ignorance.

On that note can't wait for friend of the people!
 7 years ago '07        #68
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,661 | Props total: 4411 4411
Lupe >>>
 7 years ago '05        #69
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,227 | Props total: 9630 9630
imma buy the album... it sucks that he ambivalent about it though...
 7 years ago '05        #70
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
i'm shocked he has songs where he didn't write his own s**t.
 7 years ago '05        #71
octain76 
space
space
$312 | Props total: 0 0
Why would he right before he put out his album try to k!ll his sales by saying he hates his album.....
Well it's a bold marketing strategy. Hope it works for the n*gga.
 7 years ago '11        #72
imagnacarta 4 heat pts
space
space
$154 | Props total: 2 2
s**t wack son, if your an artist why can't you have the freedom to put out what you want. Like if you write. If you just perform the track cool, label make me a song. but artist should have that freedom.
 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM         #73
mdoggslim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good. he shouldn't mind if I were to steal it then.
 7 years ago '09        #74
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
f**k this guy seriously, couldn't even drop mixtapes to get ya buzz going and now you stuck with a pipe in your a.ss from the majors.
 7 years ago '06        #75
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Dude needs to sign with G.O.O.D music and call it a day. Atlantic is retarded. This album is dumbed down. I thought he flatly refused to do so. How they take the best tracks off of Lasers Go to Sleep, Super Lupe Rap, Shining Down, I'm Beaming WTH? I guess Im gonna have to make my own version of Lasers for my Ipod. All those tracks plus enemy of the state and BMF

Last edited by Fiya Starter; 02-28-2011 at 09:07 PM..
 7 years ago '11        #76
socal511 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$663 | Props total: 601 601
Y the fuk is he with atlantic in the first place. And never forget you was recorded last year. Ive had that on my ipod with go to sleep fo a cuple months
 7 years ago '05        #77
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 Fiya Starter said:
Dude needs to sign with G.O.O.D music and call it a day. Atlantic is retarded. This album is dumbed down. I thought he flatly refused to do so. How they take the best tracks off of Lasers Go to Sleep, Super Lupe Rap, Shining Down, I'm Beaming WTH? I guess Im gonna have to make my own version of Lasers for my Ipod. All those tracks plus enemy of the state and BMF
They're all bonus tracks for Lasers ya know...
 7 years ago '07        #78
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
Lupe>>>>
 7 years ago '10        #79
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 KEGAR said:
Universal tried forcing Chamillionaire to do certain tracks too and look how that turned out. Cham didn't do it, now he's off the label and making s**t he wants to put out. Lupe should follow in Cham's footsteps.
and he got introduced to the word foreclosure
 03-01-2011, 12:29 AM         #80
kjyo20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so why doesn't he dropped what he actually wanted to do as a mixtape?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago