Feb 27 - Due to Drop in Ratings, Nickelodeon Returns Classic Lineup? (Opinion Piece From HS Student)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
17456 pageviews
131 comments

SpeedLimits65 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 2 2
Feb 27 - Due to Drop in Ratings, Nickelodeon Returns Classic Lineup? (Opinion Piece From HS Student)

[pic - click to view]

Teenagers can finally rejoice because they now will be receiving what they have been talking about for years. For awhile now teens have been wishing that Nickelodeon will finally put their favorite cartoons back on the air and now their wish will come true.

Starting March 14, 2011, Nickelodeon will go back into the studios to produce new episodes for classic cartoons such as: Rocket Power, Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, the Angry Beavers, and many more.

Cyma Zarghami, who runs the television station was quoted saying, “We have noticed a significant drop in ratings since our show from the late 1990’s. We have strayed from our cartoons and we believe that was our biggest mistake. We have contacted the producers from these shows and we were able to work out a deal to get them back to making new episodes.”

It is not known whether or not the shows will try to create new concepts for the characters, or if they will pick up from where they left off years ago. Rumors have been circulating that the kids in the shows have now aged and will be moving on with their lives. For instance, the gang from Rocket Power now have taken the leap into their teenage years and now attend high school in Ocean Shores, or Arnold and his pals from Hey Arnold, have now moved on from elementary school to middle school in New York.

Whatever new ideas they bring to the table they will be welcomed with open arms and hopefully they can remove the bad taste in our mouths from terrible shows that are on Nick now like iCarly, Big Time Rush, and TUFF Puppy.

Zarghami has not stated if the shows will be brought back full time or if it is making a comeback for a limited time to revitalize the Nickelodeon networks poor reputation in the new Millennium for cartoons and other shows. After the last episode of Rocket Power was aired, kids thought the only hope for Nickelodeon was Spongebob Squarepants but even that once great cartoon has had its own fall from grace.

Teenagers have wanted to show kids now-a-days what a real cartoon is made of but never had the evidence to convince these pups. Starting next month; these kids are in for the surprise of their lives

sauce:
[pic - click to view]

Frontline - El Modena High School - Nickelodeon Brings Back the Classics

my bad, mods. guess i shouldve posted it here?

131 comments for "Feb 27 - Due to Drop in Ratings, Nickelodeon Returns Classic Lineup? (Opinion Piece From HS Student)"

7 years ago '06        #2
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8650 8650
they need a nickclassic channel all 90s and early 00s
 7 years ago '04        #3
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2425 2425
 marcusaka50 said:
This
 7 years ago '04        #4
biggsteel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,127 | Props total: 438 438
all i saw was hey arnold and i was sold...
 7 years ago '05        #5
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
 marcusaka50 said:
cosign
 7 years ago '04        #6
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
f**king bulls**t a.ss source. It's bad enough you posted it already, now I gotta read it and get disappointed again?

You're blowing my high.
 7 years ago '09        #7
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1050 1050
so is this real ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
 7 years ago '06        #8
ChrisStokes 105 heat pts105
space
space
$18,412 | Props total: 2023 2023
that source is invalid. No major news source has reported on this which means its a fake.
 7 years ago '06        #9
MASEANDDIDDY 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 51 51
what they need is all the stuff from the 80's thru 90's like the elephant show and you cant say that on television.
 7 years ago '05        #10
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
This better be real because the only channel they got thats poppin is nicktoons cause they show all they old s**t. new nick shows suck a.ss.
 02-27-2011, 06:04 PM         #11
whyarguewithgod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
da da da dadada da da da dadada da da da dadada chikup chick chick chick aghhhhh.......( DOUG= GOAT) for Nick....Either that or Rugrats...

Remember (Salute your Shorts)? If you do, then you was a Nick fanatic if you dont then.............................................. ..................................

YOU WILL PROBALY DIE OF NASAL CANCER....
 7 years ago '06        #12
SpeedLimits65 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 ruff said:
f**king bulls**t a.ss source. It's bad enough you posted it already, now I gotta read it and get disappointed again?

You're blowing my high.
i have a feeling its still true, though, but my deepest apologies for blowing your high. the ratings for nick are s**t compared to what they were back then.
they tried doing this once with the Nicktoons channel. They showed Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life and stuff. but then it just turned to reruns of iCarly and s**t.

the only thing id have to say if this is true is that i will be really disappointed if they do more "All Grown Up" type stuff with hey arnold and rocket power. if it's not broken, dont fix it, man .
 02-27-2011, 06:06 PM         #13
whyarguewithgod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
da da da dadada da da da dadada da da da dadada chikup chick chick chick aghhhhh.......( DOUG= GOAT) for Nick....Either that or Rugrats...

Remember (Salute your Shorts)? If you do, then you was a Nick fanatic if you dont then.............................................. ..................................

YOU WILL PROBABLY DIE OF NASAL CANCER....Oh well......LEAST YOU'LL GET 40 mg. OPANA'S:agreement6:
 7 years ago '10        #14
ter83 
space
space
$673 | Props total: 50 50
 whyarguewithgod said:

I guess I was a fanatic as a kid

Doug & Hey Arnold >>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #15
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
This is still a bulls**t source. Just because you post it in this section does not make a bogus source allowable. I will keep it up but I am going to put "Opinion Piece" in the title until there is a legit source.
 7 years ago '10        #16
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
 whyarguewithgod said:

whyarguewithgod said:

YOU WILL PROBABLY DIE OF NASAL CANCER....Oh well......LEAST YOU'LL GET 40 mg. OPANA'S:agreement6:
Did you forget to change back to your other alias or do you not know of the edit button?

Teenagers can finally rejoice
I'm in my twenties. I'm pretty sure there aren't many teenagers that have even heard of these shows.

Edit: Source is a high school, so I'm guessing their considering themselves the cool, older kids.

Last edited by frankfmoney; 02-27-2011 at 06:17 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #17
SpeedLimits65 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
This is still a bulls**t source. Just because you post it in this section does not make a bogus source allowable. I will keep it up but I am going to put "Opinion Piece" in the title until there is a legit source.
i'm doin my best to find a legit source. thanks for keepin it up, though.
 7 years ago '05        #18
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7015 7015
They just need to get rid of the bull like ICarly and Based Boys or whatever they damn named is they barlely play cartoons anymore my son 3 he don't wanna watch them bulls**t shows that be on(neither do I)
 7 years ago '07        #19
ricky_peso 
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 155 155
yeah my tv stayed on nick and even though the cartoons was the s**t the original all that>>>> and kenan and kel>>>>>>> those was my s**ts. only thing i still f**k with is nick@nite
 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM         #20
Clipsburgh 412 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't even watch cartoons anymore, but if they were smart they could start replaying the classics like Hey Arnold, Doug, and Angry Beavers they would be as popular now as they were then.
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago