83rd Academy Awards (Oscars) Discussion - Winners of the night

most viewed right now
 190
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 149
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 112
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 61
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 02-28-2011, 06:11 AM         #221
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  


some bulls**t man
 7 years ago '07        #222
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
King's Speech was surprisingly good imo. Looked boring and I didn't wanna see it but my girl finally convinced me to go (by paying for everything) and it turned out pretty good. Collin Firth was real good and def deserved his oscar. Geoffrey Rush was excellent too, but there was no way he was topping Christian Bale.

I think the King's Speech was a great time piece and had historical merit to it. Knew it was going to win because the academy loves those types of movies but it was still enjoyable and deserved the win imo.
 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM         #223
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
James Franco and “Exit through the Gift Shop” didn't win? Jokes

And i don't know Social Network won best score.
 7 years ago '05        #224
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Kings Speech is like the English Patient. No one gives a s**t about it but the academy and British people. Lol.
I'm not saying sales always mean something, but usually it tells whether a movie is good or not.
Kings Speech - $249,260,786
Social Network - $222,329,355
Inception - $825,476,195

Inception's numbers are f**king crazy. Worldwide numbers btw.
 7 years ago '07        #225
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Santoro said:
Kings Speech is like the English Patient. No one gives a s**t about it but the academy and British people. Lol.
I'm not saying sales always mean something, but usually it tells whether a movie is good or not.
Kings Speech - $249,260,786
Social Network - $222,329,355
Inception - $825,476,195

Inception's numbers are f**king crazy. Worldwide numbers btw.
It also was a summer blockbuster film. We can look at Iron Man 2 and Transformers numbers as well. Although Inception was good, $$$ in most cases doesn't mean its good. Nolan needs to get back on his Prestige/Memento/The Following s**t in order to win non-technical awards. He'll win some for his Howard Hughes biopic.
 7 years ago '05        #226
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I haven't saw The King's Speech, but have seen a lot of parts from it on various shows. Just seems to me like its another boring British drama with dry humor here and there. I still think Inception and Social Network were better. Summer blockbuster or not, 825 million is incredible numbers.
 7 years ago '07        #227
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Santoro said:
I haven't saw The King's Speech, but have seen a lot of parts from it on various shows. Just seems to me like its another boring British drama with dry humor here and there. I still think Inception and Social Network were better. Summer blockbuster or not, 825 million is incredible numbers.
They were better in some aspects. Yea, 825 million is incredible but at the same time, I was just showing you that just because a certain movie makes a lot of money doesn't mean its great. That's why I used the other examples.
 02-28-2011, 06:09 PM         #228
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 McGuire said:
you really believe Shutter Island was better than The Social Network, The King's Speech, and Black Swan? I know Scorcese's your boy and all but he is still capable of making a s**tty movie. even Copolla made Jack.
Yes it easily is, Scorsese has made some bad movies and Shutter Island isn't one of them.
 7 years ago '04        #229
louie_b 
space
avatar space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 8 8
Shutter Island is a 10 (at least for me, loved everythng about it)


Cant believe Inception didnt win for music.


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]

 7 years ago '07        #230
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 louie_b said:
Shutter Island is a 10 (at least for me, loved everythng about it)


Cant believe Inception didnt win for music.


The Social Network and Inception's scores were equally great.
 7 years ago '07        #231
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 smokeweed101. said:
Yes it easily is, Scorsese has made some bad movies and Shutter Island isn't one of them.
What? In your opinion. There are a few of his movies I haven't seen, the really old ones.
 7 years ago '05        #232
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
4 oscars for inception not bad but we missed with major 2 screenplay & best picture. Nolan maybe in 2014 you will be nominated for best director and win best picture & screenplay.
 7 years ago '05        #233
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
Whoever said nobody cared about king's speech is a lie! I loved that movie and made a thread about it here months ago! I'm not British either. 2010 had so many great movies! I think 2011 will be a bad year for movies.
 7 years ago '05        #234
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
 TH35 said:
It also was a summer blockbuster film. We can look at Iron Man 2 and Transformers numbers as well. Although Inception was good, $$$ in most cases doesn't mean its good. Nolan needs to get back on his Prestige/Memento/The Following s**t in order to win non-technical awards. He'll win some for his Howard Hughes biopic.

wait??? nolan is making a biopic why??? such a waste of talent just like the batman movies.
 7 years ago '07        #235
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Redplayboy313 said:
wait??? nolan is making a biopic why??? such a waste of talent just like the batman movies.
Naw, I don't think it will be. He'll definitely get his due after that biopic. Once he's done w/ Batman I'm sure he'll make more original films.


Last edited by TH35; 02-28-2011 at 10:32 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #236
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
 TH35 said:
Naw, I don't think it will be. He'll definitely get his due after that biopic. Once he's done w/ Batman I'm sure he'll make more original films.

I don't know the oscars are kinda funny. They didn't recognize leo talents in whats eating gilbert, titantic, or aviator. I think socrcesse (SP) finally won an oscar for the departed and he was making oscar worthy films imo since goodfellas in 1990 maybe even before then. Spielberg is probably jealous of nolan LOL
 7 years ago '04        #237
knives 
space
avatar space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
 louie_b said:
Shutter Island is a 10 (at least for me, loved everythng about it)


Cant believe Inception didnt win for music.


:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #238
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
 Muggz said:
Yes. I watch movies to entertain me, not to fall asleep
if king's speech & social network didn't entertain you then you must have a very low intelligence. Both movies were brilliant and very witty.
 7 years ago '05        #239
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 Redplayboy313 said:
wait??? nolan is making a biopic why??? such a waste of talent just like the batman movies.
The batman movies are a waste of talent?

 7 years ago '07        #240
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Reppindaburghh said:
The batman movies are a waste of talent?

I got what he was saying. In some aspects it is. He's capable of much more than Batman. I do like his Batman films, but I'd love to see him go back to more original projects. He will after Batman and it will give him more notoriety.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 8
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
40 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy