UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch |10p EST (Official Thread)

most viewed right now
 153
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 134
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
74 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Main Card Winners?
BJ Penn 19 67.86%
Jon Fitch 10 35.71%
Michael Bisping 13 46.43%
Jorge Rivera 11 39.29%
Chris Lytle 10 35.71%
Carlos Condit 10 35.71%
Dennis Siver 4 14.29%
George Sotiropoulo 18 64.29%
Kyle Noke 10 35.71%
Chris Camozzi 7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #401
shortz 38 heat pts38
space
space
space
$6,634 | Props total: 1569 1569
the blanket aint no f**kin joke..stays on top of u and stays there....jon the snuggy fitch.

ima say this yo...

get rid of his a.ss...he is f**king up the hype for many f!ghters...penn....thiago alves

this foo had a hard time taking lil a.ss bj penn down and lil a.ss bj penn took his a.ss down no problem.

wtf do u think gsp will do to him..the same ole s**t. his takedown defense is not up to par....he has no knockout power n takes no chances

i hope they give him gsp soon so he can get his a.ss whooped even worse n then get cut
 7 years ago '09        #402
LLCOOLFERN 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 624 624
I Thought BJ won. He controlled rounds 1 and 2, plus the takedowns. had superior positions for a while in each round. Taking the back is only second to taking mount. Fitch needs power. How do you throw that many punches, and not even really damage BJ? He didn't even listen to his corner when they were telling him to sit up while punching.
 7 years ago '04        #403
babalou 
space
avatar space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
for those that missed it. here's the whole event

[code] http://www.fileserve.com/file/9hHuzkM
[/code]
 7 years ago '05        #404
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
i gave the first two rounds to BJ and the last round to Fitch (10-8)...so I thought it was a draw also...

Fitch doesn't take the risks necessary to finish someone, but I won't blame him for that...this is his life/career...it's just a sport for us, his life and well-being depends on wins...for the most part...

i appreciated BJ being able to take Fitch down and easily take his back a couple times, he took the risks necessary to finish the f!ght by RNC...it obviously backfired with Fitch reversing BJ though, so my appreciation means s**t to BJ at the moment......

but then again, having the balls to take risks is one of the reasons BJ is more popular and exciting the Fitch.....i still think Fitch has the talent to finish f!ghters if he just takes the risks...

Fitch should be happy BJ didn't have enough cardio to get through the f!ght or Fitch would've taken a loss instead...
 7 years ago '05        #405
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 MysticKJ said:
i gave the first two rounds to BJ and the last round to Fitch (10-8)...so I thought it was a draw also...

Fitch doesn't take the risks necessary to finish someone, but I won't blame him for that...this is his life/career...it's just a sport for us, his life and well-being depends on wins...for the most part...

i appreciated BJ being able to take Fitch down and easily take his back a couple times, he took the risks necessary to finish the f!ght by RNC...it obviously backfired with Fitch reversing BJ though, so my appreciation means s**t to BJ at the moment......

but then again, having the balls to take risks is one of the reasons BJ is more popular and exciting the Fitch.....i still think Fitch has the talent to finish f!ghters if he just takes the risks...

Fitch should be happy BJ didn't have enough cardio to get through the f!ght or Fitch would've taken a loss instead...

I agree, BJ won the first 2 and got dominated in the 3rd. If Fitch wouldve pushed more to end the f!ght he mightve got a 10-7 round.

I wish they had Prides judging criteria which would have meant that BJ wouldve won but barring that we need to see more 10-8 and 10-7 rounds.
 7 years ago '04        #406
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 44Caliber said:

I agree, BJ won the first 2 and got dominated in the 3rd. If Fitch wouldve pushed more to end the f!ght he mightve got a 10-7 round.

I wish they had Prides judging criteria which would have meant that BJ wouldve won but barring that we need to see more 10-8 and 10-7 rounds.
You really think that the Pride judging criteria would have favored Penn in last nights f!ght? In theory, it's supposed to reward which f!ghter did more accrued damage throughout the f!ght, and Fitch in the last round did far more damage then Penn did in the entirety of the f!ght. And even in practice, Pride's judging almost always rewarded the f!ghter who finished the strongest because it remained the freshest in the judges minds (see every Akihiro Gono Bushido match).
 7 years ago '05        #407
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 thehawk33 said:
You really think that the Pride judging criteria would have favored Penn in last nights f!ght? In theory, it's supposed to reward which f!ghter did more accrued damage throughout the f!ght, and Fitch in the last round did far more damage then Penn did in the entirety of the f!ght. And even in practice, Pride's judging almost always rewarded the f!ghter who finished the strongest because it remained the freshest in the judges minds (see every Akihiro Gono Bushido match).

Good point but Pride's #1 criteria was effort to finish the f!ght, and BJ repeatedly tried to finish the f!ght. Just my opinion, it wouldve been close either way though.
 7 years ago '04        #408
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 44Caliber said:

Good point but Pride's #1 criteria was effort to finish the f!ght, and BJ repeatedly tried to finish the f!ght. Just my opinion, it wouldve been close either way though.
I see where your coming from, but in my opinion, I think Fitch's offense in the third round is being undersold by many in this thread. It was far from your generic Fitch round, and had there been any WW opponent outside of Penn, who has always been incredibly tough to finish (Round 2 and rd 4 of the second GSP f!ght, for example), I think Fitch earns the stoppage. This notion that Fitch was throwing pitterpat punches, and merely trying to survive with a decision is quite foolish considering the amount of offense he threw and landed in the final round.


Last edited by thehawk33; 02-27-2011 at 06:26 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #409
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 agony8 said:
his own corner was yelling to hit him harder...shift up n land punches...his last round was bulls**t...ive been attacked by mosquitos harder than fitch could ever hit...b**ch a.ss pus*y...
While expecting Fedorian Ground and Pound from inside his opponents guard is unreasonable for a guy like Fitch, I'd argue that his offense was certainly more effective last night than what we've seen in the past from Fitch.
 7 years ago '04        #410
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 agony8 said:
offense does some sort of damage...fitch is a weak pus*y...5 minutes of being on top no facial damage no bettering his position...just lay there n throw 3 inch punches...
And he did do damage. Albeit, not much, however Penn has rarely showed a tremendous amount of damage post f!ght.
 7 years ago '05        #411
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Penns faced was all bruised up after the f!ght

get that d!ck out of your a.ss f**got
 7 years ago '05        #412
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 thehawk33 said:
I see where your coming from, but in my opinion, I think Fitch's offense in the third round is being undersold by many in this thread. It was far from your generic Fitch round, and had there been any WW opponent outside of Penn, who has always been incredibly tough to finish (Round 2 and rd 4 of the second GSP f!ght, for example), I think Fitch earns the stoppage. This notion that Fitch was throwing pitterpat punches, and merely trying to survive with a decision is quite foolish considering the amount of offense he threw and landed in the final round.
Fitch never postured up and got space and tried to pound BJ out. that is my only problem with him in that manner. I know he was nervous about the sweep but Fitch didnt even advance past the guard. He did some damage, no doubt, but if he wouldve postured up for atleast 1 minute and rained down some damaging blows then I would feel totally different.
 7 years ago '04        #413
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 44Caliber said:
Fitch never postured up and got space and tried to pound BJ out. that is my only problem with him in that manner. I know he was nervous about the sweep but Fitch didnt even advance past the guard. He did some damage, no doubt, but if he wouldve postured up for atleast 1 minute and rained down some damaging blows then I would feel totally different.
Penn's guard has never been easy to pass (unless your name is Georges St. Pierre) and even guys who have managed to pass his guard (Uno, Machida) Penn has always been able to regain guard rather easily. And even so, since when do you have to pass guard to execute effective offense? Fitch managed to completely dominate the round, with little to no defense from Penn outside of his superb chin, what makes it so necessary for Fitch to try and pass guard?
 7 years ago '04        #414
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 agony8 said:

[pic - click to view]



now this lil bruise after 5 minutes...

[pic - click to view]

Again, Penn just doesn't ever show a whole lot of damage after f!ghts. He looked similar after St Pierre almost beat him into a vegetative state, and after the Edgar f!ght where he took a number of bombs for five rounds. Yet Fedor can catch an errant elbow and bleed like a stuck pig. It doesn't discount the fact that Fitch completely dominated him in the third round.
 7 years ago '04        #415
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 agony8 said:
to win a f**king f!ght...dude is the lay n pray king...
I would agree that most of his wins in the octagon have been a product of conservative top control tactics, and I am far from a Fitch fanatic, but I saw no indications of *Lay N Pray* tactics in the third round of that f!ght. Outlanding your opponent 149-2 in the round and landing more significant strikes in that period then Penn managed to land in the entirety of the bout is hardly Lay and Pray.
 7 years ago '04        #416
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Edgar roughed his face up the most out of any f!ght... BJ never bleeds though... NEVER.
 7 years ago '04        #417
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 2651 2651
 agony8 said:
penn broke his nose had him leaking...fitch is a loser boring weak f!ghter...dont he got a black belt in juijitsu n he cant use that s**t...come on man...
You don't think Fitch showcased his BJJ Black Belt prowess defensively in the bout? Those turn outs from Penn's back mount, a position in which Penn consistently finishes people? Just because he has a BJJ Black Belt doesn't mean that Fitch should be running out and attempting to flying armbar BJ Penn.

significant punches break bones, make dudes look like hamburger meat, penn looked like his girl caught him with an inadvertant elbow in bed...
Again, Penn doesn't show damage like normal f!ghters do. A grazing punch can cause a cut to open, but that doesn't make it more effective then 4 minutes of GnP.
 7 years ago '05        #418
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 thehawk33 said:
Penn's guard has never been easy to pass (unless your name is Georges St. Pierre) and even guys who have managed to pass his guard (Uno, Machida) Penn has always been able to regain guard rather easily. And even so, since when do you have to pass guard to execute effective offense? Fitch managed to completely dominate the round, with little to no defense from Penn outside of his superb chin, what makes it so necessary for Fitch to try and pass guard?

I agree BJ has one of the best guards of all time but if he passed that would at least show me he is working towards something, but posturing up would have been enough. I am not taking away from Fitch's domination at all, I scored the round 10-8 like a lot of those judges but Fitch landed no power shots from the guard everything was short and measured and thrown without power.
 7 years ago '04        #419
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 agony8 said:

[pic - click to view]



now this lil bruise after 5 minutes...

[pic - click to view]

Nice pick of right after the f!ght ... watch the post f!ght interview he did with Rogan in the ring, Penn had bruises all over his forehead and all around his left eye (not to mention the swelling of his right eye that looked way worse then the pic you posted) ... you even watch the f!ght man?
 7 years ago '04        #420
phixion 
space
space
space
$56 | Props total: 0 0
No damage? Fitch broke B.J. in that last round.

A lot of people hate on Fitch because he doesn't finish f!ghts. I happen to find him impressive. To me, there is something about breaking the will of your opponent; grinding them down until they break. Everyone who f!ghts Fitch knows what he is going to do, yet they cannot stop him. To me, that is impressive. Knockouts and submissions are great, but I also enjoy watching Fitch display complete dominance over his opponent and essentially making that person quit through the knowledge that they simply cannot compete.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy