[[VIDEO]] BIRDMAN SPEAKS ON GETTING A $100 Mill Check , JAY-z & Winning a mill at superbowl

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #101
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,535 | Props total: 3825 3825
just realised he was trying to say LAUNDULET & kept saying LOTTAJET
i was lost for a minute there
 7 years ago '09        #102
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,821 | Props total: 720 720
who is the female? I was looking at her the entire time
 7 years ago '10        #103
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,698 | Props total: 6121 6121
 fmoney88 said:
I guess you havent realized the only way to get rich in the music biz is to f**k people over.

50 cent
P diddu
Jay Z
Birdman
Master P
Camron

They are ALL well known for fukin people over and all rich as hell.
one of those names is not like the others.
 7 years ago '08        #104
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,182 | Props total: 968 968
 ATLien2g2 said:
Its sad that when people dont believe something that is far fetched as this their called a hater. I for one dont believe somebody or some company wrote this man a $100 million check. If they did why didnt he name it and why did they give it to him. The way the music business is these days nobody getting a check like that and yes the n*gga is paid but none of it is accounted for on any list so how can u honestly believe him. What people gotta realize is that their favorite musicians or people they look up to are just regular people when it all comes down to it and they can lie just like everybody else and i think this n*gga lying.
 PTC said:
Ima have to roll with Adewale on this one... probably since I got a education which some of you desperately need.

Is it POSSIBLE he received a 100 mill check? Yes.

Is it LIKELY he received a 100 mill check? No.

Just sit back and think about it, who cut him the check?

Ya'll realize that's more than Johnny Depp, Steven Spielberg, and Christopher Nolan got in 2010? That's just on paper though, I'm sure these people got more than that in 2010...

Point is, that's movie money. The movie industry will run laps around music when it comes to revenue.

Baby wasn't even on the Forbes list last year... Unless than 100 mill check was 7 years worth of money that he was owed, then that s**t probably didn't happen.

Ask yourselves, what businesses in Baby apart of? You see how Jay and 50 doing it... you telling me Baby making 100 mill off YM alone?

Right.

Either way though, I'm sure he gettin dough, but I know Jay-Z and 50 laughin at his dumbass after this interview.
 beatjunkie said:
Yeah and that was a well noted exchange... There are always reports on big money exchanges... you think Birdman just received 10% of a Billion and it was all under wraps? That s**t was for something...people would have known about it..and something woulda been said... No doubt he's paid as f**k and doin his thing...but him getting 1 lump sum check for 100Mill...all Im askin is for an article or some kinda proof
He got the check from Universal for a pressing & distribution contract, his first one was in 98 for 30 mill off the strenght of their independant sales & when they resigned Universal did for 100mill in the early 2000's he might of reupped since then for another 100mill but that was a check for Cash Money Records & not Bryan Williams.

Belee Dat

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '11        #105
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 CarmeloStarks said:
He got the check from Universal for a pressing & distribution contract, his first one was in 98 for 30 mill off the strenght of their independant sales & when they resigned Universal did for 100mill in the early 2000's he might of reupped since then for another 100mill but that was a check for Cash Money Records & not Bryan Williams.

Belee Dat

[pic - click to view]

That's what I was 1st thinking too... it might of been for everyone in Cash Money but that still don't make sense.

If he received 100 mill before why he never reference that? It would have been beneficial to him to say I got 100 mill twice.

For Universal to cough up 100 mill in cash is some serious business in this type of market...especially with the condition the music industry is in.

And what is a pressing and distribution contract? The only way I could see 100 mill being worth it is if they owned ALL the rights to Cash Money and every dollar they made would go to Universal for X years...

With that being said, Bryan Williams in CEO/founder of Cash Money... 100 mill would go towards net worth in 1 way or another to his company, which is not on forbes...
 7 years ago '08        #106
Dogpound754 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$50 | Props total: 3 3
Well clearly nobody on here went to college or has taken a business course.
No record label has 100 million dollars in liquid funds to just give away in cash. Don't care if they are worth a billi, all that money is tied up in proprieties, stock options, artist, equipment, etc. He is flat out lying.

If by some miracle I was wrong, it would be a wire transfer, not a check. SO no Birdman you have never seen 100 million dollar check.
 7 years ago '11        #107
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Dogpound754 said:
Well clearly nobody on here went to college or has taken a business course.
No record label has 100 million dollars in liquid funds to just give away in cash. Don't care if they are worth a billi, all that money is tied up in proprieties, stock options, artist, equipment, etc. He is flat out lying.

If by some miracle I was wrong, it would be a wire transfer, not a check. SO no Birdman you have never seen 100 million dollar check.
UMG is actually worth a f**k load of money...been around forever... got the largest music collection in the world.

With that being said though, their parent company is Vivendi

Which currently has 4.39 bill in cash... if you believe what you see.

That's the whole parent company, UMG obviously has less than that...

Cutting a 100 mill dollar check is still not believable unless he pretty much sold his whole record label or rights of every artist...

Music revenue has been going down for a while now...

Drake: Thank Me Later did 1.27 mill in the US which is a lets say, 13 mill in revenue
Nicki Minaj: 1.12 mill in the USA which is lets say, 12 mill in revenue

And here is something fishy

Lil Wayne's total numbers is not available on Wiki... just if it went Gold or Plat and Wayne has only gone Gold with his last 2 albums.

Everyone else is pretty much irrelevant... Jay Sean did under 200k in album but probably had great single sales...

You can add in the guest appearances/single sales... but subtract the COST of making the albums, paying the artists, etc and you'll find that 100 mill is a huge number to be just handing out...unless they getting some MAJOR control in return.

Last edited by PTC; 02-26-2011 at 12:08 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #108
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,580 | Props total: 1046 1046
baby is exaggerating and not being specific. did he get a 100 mill 6 months ago? very possible. he got a 100 mill in like 2003 or 2004. he probably paid universal back and redid his contract for another 100 mill.

also universal does not give them 100 mill at once. nobody does that they get the money in increments or when albums are to be released then unviversal opens the budget for them. they are probably gauranteed 100 mill for the next 5 years or something like that. just like nba players.

also please note that baby splits whatever cash money brings in with his brother. so if cash money made 20 mill last year baby only gets 10 mill.
 7 years ago '05        #109
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,862 | Props total: 679 679
 beatjunkie said:
Yeah since n*ggas write 100Million dollar CHECKS for dope money

since when you heard of a dope transaction involving a checking account b?
its public knowledge that Baby got $100 million in 2002 from Universal, now his first contract for $30 million was a 4-year term, I don't know how long the one in 2002 was for, but I'd imagine it would have expired recently, so it is quite possible that Universal threw him another $100 million recently, especially with Wayne just getting out and having a roster that includes the 3 biggest names in hip hop.

I'm definitely not insinuating that Baby got 100 million check from dope

but I'm saying that its possible that he has MADE 100 million from dope, though highly unlikely
 7 years ago '11        #110
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Based on the last few posts, it sounds like Baby got a 100 million dollar CONTRACT that is probably spread out through X amount of years... where he would then r*pe his artists instead of distributing the money and then splitting it with his brother.
 7 years ago '06        #111
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
 Draped Up said:
he would not be in Forbes unless he chose to go public with his business, Baby has ALOT of dirty money, there is a reason why nobody knows how much he's worth, s**t I heard he was into distributing ki's until Katrina hit. If you think this man keeps his hands clean and that he ain't into some dirt thats getting him big money on the side you're a fool.

s**t for all we know that 100 mill could be offa dope, back in the G he was known through uptown cause that dude flipped 100k into 2 mill in a matter of months when he was in the dope game, he is a true hustler and knows what he's doing
you think a n*gga would deal 100 million worth of drugs and have payment made to a check so they can trace it! Then admit to it!

The stupidity of people defending this is INSANE!

The consequence Baby is not realizing, his lying is gonna get him audited by the IRS. You dont get a 100 million dollar check and people dont know about it, you just dont find out randomly on a radio interview at a hip-hop station this n*gga of all people earned more than every entertainer on the planet off one check. That sounds stupid typing it.
 7 years ago '05        #112
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
 Adewale said:
you think a n*gga would deal 100 million worth of drugs and have payment made to a check so they can trace it! Then admit to it!

The stupidity of people defending this is INSANE!

The consequence Baby is not realizing, his lying is gonna get him audited by the IRS. You dont get a 100 million dollar check and people dont know about it, you just dont find out randomly on a radio interview at a hip-hop station this n*gga of all people earned more than every entertainer on the planet off one check. That sounds stupid typing it.
you're a moron if you think i was insinuating that he got 100 million dollar check from dope, I'm talking about money made in the past.

And there is alot of money out there my friend, my father has been handed bonuses for 80 or 90 million dollars at one time, and it didn't make the f**kin news, if they aired or discussed everytime someone made 100 million dollars, that's all we would hear about.
 7 years ago '11        #113
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Draped Up said:
The 100 mill in 2002 was a signing bonus that Baby and Slim got to prevent them from going over to Sony, the actual figure was like 118 or something like that. Don't rely on wikipedia for info, its bulls**t, Cash Money as a label has sold over 50 million albums, and has grossed over 200 million from tours, so the fact of the matter is, if you don't think Baby is worth at least 150 million, then you must not know much about finance
I must not know much about finance? You just said two n*ggas got a 118 million dollar bonus, and I must not know much about finance?

Someone earlier just talked about that 100 mill in early 2000's but said it was a contract... and now you calling it a signing bonus?

Do you realize how much 100 mill was worth back in 2002?

If Baby is worth 150 mill, why he ain't on forbes... all I really need to say.
 7 years ago '05        #114
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
 PTC said:
I must not know much about finance? You just said two n*ggas got a 118 million dollar bonus, and I must not know much about finance?

Someone earlier just talked about that 100 mill in early 2000's but said it was a contract... and now you calling it a signing bonus?

Do you realize how much 100 mill was worth back in 2002?

If Baby is worth 150 mill, why he ain't on forbes... all I really need to say.
my bad i'm really high right now, i deleted this post cause it didn't make any sense
 7 years ago '11        #115
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Them being around since 1990... thats an average of 2.38 mill album sales per year and 9.52 mill per year from touring...

Sorry, but those numbers are just impressive for a record label.
 7 years ago '09        #116
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 m_cullins said:
Birdman gets money but he f**ks people over jay-z is that dude
Dame Dash
Beanie Sigel
Young Gunz
Freeway

Ever heard of them?
 7 years ago '05        #117
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
 jasperfect said:
Dame Dash
Beanie Sigel
Young Gunz
Freeway

Ever heard of them?

and lets not forget

Damon Dash
Kareem Burke
Amil
 7 years ago '07        #118
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,580 | Props total: 1046 1046
 PTC said:
Based on the last few posts, it sounds like Baby got a 100 million dollar CONTRACT that is probably spread out through X amount of years... where he would then r*pe his artists instead of distributing the money and then splitting it with his brother.

yep and yep... vivendi pays universal... universal pays cash money records and then cash money records disperses the money to their artists/projects.
 7 years ago '06        #119
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
 Draped Up said:
you're a moron if you think i was insinuating that he got 100 million dollar check from dope, I'm talking about money made in the past.

And there is alot of money out there my friend, my father has been handed bonuses for 80 or 90 million dollars at one time, and it didn't make the f**kin news, if they aired or discussed everytime someone made 100 million dollars, that's all we would hear about.
I cant take it anymore. Ok there is a world rappers and internet bloggers live where liquidity of 100's of millions exist and wealth is not determined in terms a.ssets and equity. Your right. The SEC doesn't exist nor the IRS and CASH actual cash is handed around with no accountability.

Dismiss what I said. I agree with u 100 million dollars worth of anything isn't worth to be take noted let alone cash. Baby is right, that n*gga is caking it up in the dough
 7 years ago '05        #120
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
 Adewale said:
I cant take it anymore. Ok there is a world rappers and internet bloggers live where liquidity of 100's of millions exist and wealth is not determined in terms a.ssets and equity. Your right. The SEC doesn't exist nor the IRS and CASH actual cash is handed around with no accountability.

Dismiss what I said. I agree with u 100 million dollars worth of anything isn't worth to be take noted let alone cash. Baby is right, that n*gga is caking it up in the dough
of course there is accountability, which is required on behalf of the recipient of the money, it is their responsibility to report it to the IRS, but the idea that people out there don't make hundreds of millions of dollars per year and if they do then it MUST BE highly publicized is nonsense, go ask the guys on wall street, or the executives at Universal, Sony, IDJ, Wal Mart, Apple, Microsoft, Virgin, or the other 80 corporations in the United States alone that grossed 500 million or more last year the sheer amount of compensation that is distributed amongst themselves.

I can a.ssure you that securities and exchange commission does not oversee every multi-million dollar transaction that occurs in the U.S.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy