Cavs Owner Stunned NBA Executives

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
People act like the cavs didn't have a monster squad in the late 80s and early 90s. They just ran into Jordan. You guys act like the team has always been horrible
 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM         #42
YAImean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll say this about the letter. How do you expect him to respond when from the end of the Boston series until the decision Lebron talked to the Cavs ONCE! and that was at the great lebron interview. He talked to the team he had played for once, now my thinking after hearing that was we probably should have had a feeling what was coming, but he never told the front office he was leaning towards leaving or any indication of that. And then he had his friend call Gilbert 3 MINUTES BEFORE the decision. Of course he was rubbed the wrong way by all this and the letter was his venting. I agree, if he waited until the next morning the letter probably looks alot different but lebron put that man through alot since May-June.
 7 years ago '10        #43
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20662 20662
 ClevelandRay said:
Oh and for those who wonder who the worst are...

Five Worst NBA Owners

5 R. Johnson/M. Jordan Charlotte Bobcats
Purchased 2004
Purchase Price Current Value W-L Winning % Playoffs Championships
$300M $284M 144-266 .417 0 0
The Bobcats' two principle owners should stick to what they know best. Robert Johnson (pictured) made himself into a billionaire with his expert crafting of Black Entertainment Television. And Michael Jordan -- well, he's Michael Jordan. But what they're doing in Charlotte defies logic. For two guys with a combined net worth of more than most NBA owners, there's no reason the Bobcats should be so under-funded every year. They've been in the bottom of the league in payroll in each of their five seasons. Why Johnson and Jordan can't provide more from their deep pockets is still a mystery.

4 Chris Cohan Golden State Warriors
Purchased 1991
$130M $335M 590-854 .409 3 0
Under Cohan's ownership, Golden State set a record drought of missing out on the postseason for 12 straight years until it reached the playoffs and shocked No. 1 seed Dallas in 2007. But since then it's been back to the status quo for the Warriors, who are stuck in what seems like an everlasting rebuilding mode. In the meantime, Cohan looks almost foolish for sticking with Don Nelson -- a guy he once sued for leaving the club for the Knicks during his first go-around -- now just an outdated dinosaur who openly admits the game is passing him by.

3 Michael Heisley Memphis Grizzlies
Purchased 2000
$160M $294M 286-452 .388 3 0
The billionaire was eager to move the team after promising not to leave Vancouver when he bought it. Since then it's been a lot of thrift city. Heisley has not allowed the Grizzlies to go anywhere near the luxury-tax threshold in the last few seasons. This season, they flirted with a third straight 60-loss finish, and nothing has drawn the ire of fans and owners across the league like the salary dump of Pau Gasol last season to the Lakers. "What do they want me to spend, $100 million?" he barked at the Memphis Commercial Appeal in '06. "The point is we're out-spending San Antonio and we're out-spending Phoenix. So the point is whether you're spending money means squat." Guess the playoffs mean squat, too.

2 Cablevision/James Dolan New York Knicks
Purchased 1997
$300M $613M 418-534 .439 7 0
Subterfuging two of the most storied franchises in pro sports at once takes hard work, but Dolan has managed both. The business tycoon took a controlling stake in Cablevision in 1999, and immediately both of his marquee sports properties -- the Knicks and the NHL's Rangers -- tailspun into the most futile eras of their respective histories. The Knicks have been particularly bad, with eight straight seasons of less than 40 wins and one playoff appearance. Most embarrassing was Dolan's stubborn loyalty to Isiah Thomas who, in his 4 1/2 years with the team, failed miserably in his countless attempts to retool the roster, including continuing Dolan's habit of grossly overpaying for oft-injured and underperforming stars like Stephon Marbury.

1 Donald T. Sterling Los Angeles Clippers
Purchased 1981
$12.5M $297M 773-1,491 .341 4 0
There is no American sports franchise more a.ssociated with futility than the Clippers, who have posted only two winning seasons under Sterling's ownership. Marquee players have come and gone -- including Danny Manning, Dominique Wilkins, Lamar Odom, Elton Brand and Baron Davis -- and none has been able to turn around the losing tradition. Though they've achieved some level of stability in the past few years -- notoriously cheap Sterling has cracked his checkbook a tiny bit, and Mike Dunleavy is now the longest-tenured coach in franchise history -- the team is mired in its old losing ways, eclipsing 60 losses for the eighth time under Sterling.

Read more:

Dolan is number 2??? That f**k should be number 1. Hate that motherc*nt, f**king hate him smdh...

& the Cavs owner is not the best in sports, but he's far from the worst. Take out what happened last year with "The Decision" fiasco & nobody could deny that he was doing the damn thing. His organization had the best reg. season record two years in a row, his star player won the mvp two years in a row, the supporting cast FOR Lebron James was perfectly suited to help do damage in the playoff & his was making a ton of profit selling out home games & road games.

Now what happened after James left is probably his fault as far as not getting players to come play for him. He & the Toronto Raptors owner are being looked at sideways because of how they dissed their stars after they left. People have been saying because of that players might not want to go there if they're gonna be spit & chewed out like that. Pansy excuse but some star players may feel that way. Bring in the fact that Cleveland isn't a major market team, they lack marketable stars based on the players left there & things could go from bad to worse.......or better.

I really do hope the cavs get there s**t together but it's relaxing not to hear most cavs fans boast about winning the chip or having the best team in the nba anymore lol.
 7 years ago '07        #44
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,021 | Props total: 30265 30265
It's a gamble to wait until the deadline when you are in a tough spot. Other teams might call your bluff. However, if you really don't have anything to lose, it makes sense.
 7 years ago '04        #45
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,325 | Props total: 8373 8373
Cleveland b**ches!!!!!!!!!!
 02-25-2011, 08:02 PM         #46
Prime Time 6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga only on the map cuz of bron...spent money but bought in horrible coaches....took on bad contracts...nvr pulled the trigger on the best deals
 02-25-2011, 08:34 PM         #47
Niggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The f**king list is from 2009.....things changed a bit in the last 3 years...only thing that didn't is Donald Sterling still being a piece of s**t.
 7 years ago '07        #48
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,321 | Props total: 1109 1109
 O_nasty said:
i said it before, i'll say it again..one of the best owner in sports...dedicated to do whatever it takes to turn the team back around
Delusional a.ss n*gga
 7 years ago '06        #49
O Nasty 96 heat pts96 OP
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288

punk nuggas

Danny G
 7 years ago '09        #50
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
dan gilbert got

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #51
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
hahahaahahaha dudes walking around gargling toe jam, got they foot in the mouth
 7 years ago '07        #52
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,329 | Props total: 21221 21221
 7 years ago '10        #53
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 akademiks said:
Gilbert is a good owner.. He's not afraid to spend to build a contender. Last year the Cavs' payroll was $90m. With the recession going on and everything, teams were trying to unload contracts and he was trying to pick up players to put his team over the top.

As for his letter to Lebron.. It was well deserved. Gilbert let him have his pick of the litter in terms of people in the organization to keep him happy. Spent over $60m out of his own profits (~$60m cap + $30m dollar for dollar luxury tax) to build him the best team. Was willing to trade for Bosh & Amare but they didn't want to go to Cleveland.

Then fired Mike Brown when it was reported that Lebron lost confidence in him and hired Scott.

There's not much more he could have done.
perfect post.
 7 years ago '04        #54
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,019 | Props total: 19597 19597
 O_nasty said:

[pic - click to view]

i said it before, i'll say it again..one of the best owner in sports...dedicated to do whatever it takes to turn the team back around
guess you guys do have one of the best owners in the league... congrats on the picks fam.
 7 years ago '07        #55
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Him and the Dolans need to do lunch and exchange business strategies....I swear we got dummies in the front office
 7 years ago '04        #56
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #57
O Nasty 96 heat pts96 OP
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
no doubt

props to the few giving props in the thread
 7 years ago '10        #58
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 O_nasty said:

[pic - click to view]

more like desperate.
 7 years ago '10        #59
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
Ol' Jackie Moon a.ss n*gga

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #60
beatjunkie 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 5 5
 O_nasty said:
no doubt

props to the few giving props in the thread
I see you with the OATW jacket... big ups to the n*gga Floyd.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy