The Official Battlefield 3 Thread!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Jutsu said:

this is the link to the off screen video. This is part of the continuation of the trailer we saw from week (spoilers if you don't mind waiting till march 16 to see a cleaned up version), but i know we all can't wait so watch it.

@PhIlozoph3r: it ain't a battlefield game trailer unless someone's jumping off something lol.

at the earthquake and building collapsing onto the helicopter
 7 years ago '04        #62
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:

[pic - click to view]

PhI|0z0pH3r said:
If your a real pc gamer and your using a controller need to go ahead and commit that. KB+M all day for FPS. Don't think you would even be able to fly a jet good enough on a remote to compete with a KB+M.
thank you very much
and yes KB and M > ANY CONTROLLER PERIOD FOR ANY FPS PERIOD

i play console fps, and can own in them as well but KB and M > any other possible FPS set up
 7 years ago '04        #63
fame614 220 heat pts220
space
space
$5,713 | Props total: 354 354
we all know ps3 can handle 64 players but thet aint want to put it on there cuzz that would embrass the hell out of xbox pc 64 ps3 64 xbox 24 smh
 03-05-2011, 08:18 AM         #64
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
thank you very much
and yes KB and M > ANY CONTROLLER PERIOD FOR ANY FPS PERIOD

i play console fps, and can own in them as well but KB and M > any other possible FPS set up
I don't think any KB + M combo will beat my set-up

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #65
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,079 | Props total: 10755 10755
OK so I finally got around to watching the BF3 clip and....

I'm building a gaming rig. f**k it.

Someone put me on to the highest of the high end s**t so i can be running games on Maximum settings.
 03-05-2011, 11:53 AM         #66
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

wtf is that?
 7 years ago '08        #67
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
 Metalzoa said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

u use a drawing tablet?
i think i might build a pc just to play this s**t with y'all
 7 years ago '05        #68
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 223 223
 P-Hill said:
OK so I finally got around to watching the BF3 clip and....

I'm building a gaming rig. f**k it.

Someone put me on to the highest of the high end s**t so i can be running games on Maximum settings.
they mention some good parts in the pc section. alot of us here savin that money to buy a new computer.
 7 years ago '05        #69
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 fame614 said:
we all know ps3 can handle 64 players but thet aint want to put it on there cuzz that would embrass the hell out of xbox pc 64 ps3 64 xbox 24 smh
Really how do you know that? Please don't quote mag that game looked like it belonged on early PS2 development in terms of gameplay and graphics.
 7 years ago '08        #70
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
n*gga posted a picture of a wacom
 7 years ago '04        #71
restless4207 
space
space
 Metalzoa said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

how the hell is that easier to use than a SIMPLE mouse and keyboard is beyond me, to each their own tho - using a tablet for a FPS? ahahahahaahahahahahaa sorry but tha tis f**king hilarious

do you play xbox on this ?

[pic - click to view]

s**t looks just as f**king confusing
 7 years ago '04        #72
restless4207 
space
space
off topic SORTA but does anyone here still play bc2 for xbox360? my and my real life homies been going hard on this s**t, got a big crew of 8 REAL LIFE homies that been playing lots lately.. havent lost a round yet

if anyone is down and still plays this s**t GT - Supachantastic
 7 years ago '04        #73
restless4207 
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Really how do you know that? Please don't quote mag that game looked like it belonged on early PS2 development in terms of gameplay and graphics.
its not always about how a game looks tho right? i mean bf dont even look that good really (other than bf3) but they always play hella fun, it was sorta the same as mag (imo)... it had its good times for sure when you have a whole squad of 8 ppl you know and everyone is on the same page in mag you can be game changers... feels even better when you know there are 128 ppl that cannot do jack s**t about it lol... brings back memories...

bc and bc2 have pretty bad grpachis... they are almost mag like too but like i said they are fun times, its about how the gameplay is not graphics imo

plus i played mag a lot its honestly not as bad as you are saying it is... and this is coming from a bf cod k!llzone mag etc head... i play most of the fps and i can say i prefer mag over black ops
 7 years ago '04        #74
restless4207 
space
space
PhI|0z0pH3r - forgot to say, how is bf on pc? are there hella hackers n s**t? i havent played since the bf2 days on pc, i def wanna get it on pc this game is meant for pc... i just dun wanna be f**king choked at all the cheaters
 7 years ago '05        #75
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 restless4207 said:
PhI|0z0pH3r - forgot to say, how is bf on pc? are there hella hackers n s**t? i havent played since the bf2 days on pc, i def wanna get it on pc this game is meant for pc... i just dun wanna be f**king choked at all the cheaters
Its fine the community is still very active and they put out a patch back in September 09 that added the two booster packs (Euro and Armored Fury) and a s**t load of Mods for it. But nah i hardly ever see cheaters.Punkbuster actually does a really good job of keeping them away. Think the only real type of cheaters I've seen in BF2 was stats padders/boosters and even those play on specific servers and get wiped pretty quick.
 7 years ago '07        #76
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,353 | Props total: 275 275
BATTLEFIELD 3 GAMEPLAY, it says codmw3 but its really bF3 check beforei t gets taken down

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #77
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
Multiplayer details have been leaked/confirmed.

Confirmed

Players: 64 players on PC, 24 players on Xbox 360/PS3.

No Commander: Commander feature won’t be included, as DICE will focus on “lowering the threshold” for players.

4 classes: Just like in Bad Company 2. DICE feels this is the sweet spot for the game.

Battlefield 2 maps: Several BF2 maps will return in a DLC called “Back to Karkand”. The maps are: Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula.

New squad features: DICE plans to take the squad system to the next level, offering new features. According to the Game Informer interview, DICE says, “We have some really cool things that we’ll show later when it comes to dictating how you play with friends“.

Weapons and unlocks: BF3 will have more weapons and unlocks than in Bad Company 2, which itself had the most weapons and unlocks of any Battlefield game to date.

Deeper persistence, rankings: One of the issues with Bad Company 2 was that most of the weapons were unlocked before reaching half of the ranks. Says DICE in the GI interview, “we’re also making sure that there is a reason for you to reach the top rank. It doesn’t just end. There will be a lot of focus on persistence and how we present stuff to the player.”

Jets will return: So far only the US F18 and Russian Mig 29 have been spotted in various trailers.

Prone will return: DICE will counter prone will k!llcam, bullet traces and other ways in order to balance the gameplay.

Killcam: k!llcam will be back and it will be a feature that can be turned on/off on server to server basis.

DICE will have more focus on post-release content (DLC)

Co-op for the single player campaign

No mod tools at release.

Unconfirmed, but likely

In-game movie recording is technically possible, but DICE is looking into how to incorporate it into the final product.

3 war-theaters: New York, Paris, Tehran, although it is unsure whether this is for the singleplayer campaign, multiplayer, or both.

Last edited by |Roscoe; 03-07-2011 at 12:09 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #78
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
^^^^damn thats some good s**t
 03-07-2011, 12:02 AM         #79
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone who knows the deal with tablets know the accuracy is that much sharper than a mouse.

The ratio scaling to screen is 1:1 so I can line up a shot with the sniper rifle and all it takes is to lower my hand by less than a quarter inch and you're dead.

I have precision crosshair control on my left thumb, so even if my tablet movement is slightly off, i can correct it to an accuracy of millimeters to the inch in less time than it takes to slide your mouse and draw a bead on me.

Lets just say you don't want me to pick up a sniper rifle and get serious cause it won't end well for any of you.
 7 years ago '04        #80
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55

Pretty good read on what was seen in the newest footage ... and a nice little quote for us PS3 and Xbox 360 owners that there isn't gunna be a huge fall off in visuals for Battlefield 3 ...

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,” Bach tells us. “We have a super-powerful streaming pipeline, which makes it possible to stream high-end data through the game so every frame we look at will have fresh data. This means you don’t have to load everything at once; you don’t have to fill the level at the start. In BC2, you have 512 megs of memory; you load it, you play it, done. The objects you saw at the end needed to be loaded at the start, and you think, ‘It took me an hour to get to this point where I can see it, so what’s the point?’

“That’s the whole magic with this. We can have 512 megs every hundred metres if we wanted to, as we can just flush the data out [and replace it] as you move along. I can promise you that the console versions will still look amazing because of the core technology. If you have a 360, we want to use that machine to the maximum.”
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now