Headphones beef - Sleek by 50 VS Soul by Ludacris

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which looks better and is more promising?
Sleek by 50 52 78.79%
Soul by Ludacris 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '09        #81
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
30 dollar sony earbuds>>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #82
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 psylence2k said:
I'm no audio expert but this is what they claim

" Sleek Audio chose to work with Kleer as it's the first wireless platform that truly allows music lovers to enjoy lossless, CD quality sound with wireless earphones. Unlike Bluetooth, which strongly compresses music, Kleer uses a 2.4GHrz, 16-bit signal. The difference in sound quality between being wired and wireless is virtually zero. Lossless means that there is virtually no detail "lost" in the transition of the signal to wireless. "

then more from their site:

Digital Wireless Transmission Capacity

The goal of the digital wireless transmission technology should be completely lossless audio transmission. Uncompressed, 16-bit, 44.1KHz-sampled stereo audio (full CD quality) requires 1.4112Mb/s. Lossless audio compression can reduce this to approximately 1Mb/s on average, but the short term compression ratio depends on characteristics of the music such that the radio still needs to support the full 1.4Mb/s to achieve lossless full CD quality audio streaming. Anything less, and lossy compression is required and audio quality is reduced. Some excess capacity is required for the retransmission of packets corrupted by interference. In general, a radio capacity of approximately 2Mb/s provides an optimum trade-off between audio quality, interference robustness and power consumption.

Digital Audio Compression for Wireless Transmission

The primary purpose of digital audio compression is to reduce the data rate of the audio stream to fit within the capacity supported by the digital wireless transmission technology. There are two main categories of digital audio compression; lossy compression and lossless compression.
Lossless compression only eliminates redundancy from the audio stream such that no information is lost. The original audio stream can be exactly reproduced by decompression, such that there is no reduction of audio quality, and the simple encoding/decoding circuitry consumes negligible power.
Lossy compression includes well-known formats such as MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, and others. Lossy compression targets a specific compression ratio (e.g. 4:1, 10:1, etc.) or data rate (e.g. 128Kb/s, 192Kb/s, etc.) and eliminates as much information as is necessary to achieve that amount of compression. Perceptual encoding is used to minimize the audibility of the information loss. Relatively high compression ratios can be achieved at the expense of audio quality and at the cost of complexity and power consumption of the circuitry performing the encoding and decoding.

but I'm sure the reviews will speak for themselves.
From that excerpt, it sounds like they're talking about the actual audio file.

Of course the bitrate won't decrease. There's no headphone out there that decreases an audio file's bitrate. That doesn't mean that there won't be interference from the dozens of other things that use the same frequencies as the headphones would..

Seems like more marketing BS (and yes, I do have a relatively good grasp on audio compression) where they try to get consumers to bite on things they don't understand..

Probably the same ploy as Monster's "speed rated" or "high speed HDMI cables". with platinum shielding to prevent distortion or degradation of image/audio/whatever quality.

I've heard enough of crappy quality headphones being called "studio monitoring" and "high definition" headphones. Supposedly the Beats could accurately reproduce the intricacies produced in the studio... Now we know that they don't even come close.

I'm not going to hold onto any hope that these other headphones aren't cut from the same cloth of garbage.
 7 years ago '04        #83
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 akademiks said:
From that excerpt, it sounds like they're talking about the actual audio file.

Of course the bitrate won't decrease. There's no headphone out there that decreases an audio file's bitrate. That doesn't mean that there won't be interference from the dozens of other things that use the same frequencies as the headphones would..

Seems like more marketing BS (and yes, I do have a relatively good grasp on audio compression) where they try to get consumers to bite on things they don't understand..

Probably the same ploy as Monster's "speed rated" or "high speed HDMI cables". with platinum shielding to prevent distortion or degradation of image/audio/whatever quality.

I've heard enough of crappy quality headphones being called "studio monitoring" and "high definition" headphones. Supposedly the Beats could accurately reproduce the intricacies produced in the studio... Now we know that they don't even come close.

I'm not going to hold onto any hope that these other headphones aren't cut from the same cloth of garbage.

I hear what you're saying but like I said, the reviews will speak for themselves.
 7 years ago '07        #84
Jay-Vab 
space
space
space
$693 | Props total: 106 106
 dnycem said:
Bose headPhones>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '09        #85
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,084 | Props total: 1820 1820
 irh said:
audio technicas>>>>>

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #86
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 Athavan 789 said:
are you a retard, how can wireless be bad?
just from my experiences wireless headphones arent where its at,I don't mean everything thats wirelessis bad .
 7 years ago '10        #87
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
sleeks..
 7 years ago '10        #88
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 x-milky said:
ive owned both, skullcandy is cool, but it doesnt compare to the beats by dre...now all these other headpohes these bx n*ggas are talking about, i dont know. i did try some bose headphones in the bestbuy once, but they had it hooked up and it only played classical music. I remember when i bought my beats by dre, i brought my zune in and asked the guy working if he could open the box up so i can try my own music out. He did, and i bought them right then. I didnt do that with the bose, and i should have. I was out with my n*ggas, and this girl had txtd me sayin she was gettin out the movies, and was gon meet me at best buy, and i got excited and panicked. Cuz i was tryin to take ol gir to my crib, which i stayed up by the mall at that time, so i just wanted to get outta there.
Thanks for telling us you're life story.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy