Headphones beef - Sleek by 50 VS Soul by Ludacris

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which looks better and is more promising?
Sleek by 50 52 78.79%
Soul by Ludacris 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM         #61
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Luda copied Beats, 50's are trash.
 7 years ago '06        #62
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18893 18893
f**k, why did fif make them s**ts wireless.....

that fact alone will guarantee that they're f**king pieces of s**t....
 7 years ago '04        #63
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 Athavan 789 said:
sleekby50 uses kleer lossless audio technology, so literally the quality of the music wont be affected at all
Using proprietary technology doesn't mean anything. It's like saying Monster uses gold-plated tips for their HDMI and headphone cables. There's still no real-world advantage.

At the end of the day, the headphones use common frequencies, like 2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz, there will be quality loss.

I'll wait for reviews and whatnot before I say anything else though.
 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM         #64
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Buying 300 dollars worth of weed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '10        #65
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 akademiks said:
Using proprietary technology doesn't mean anything. It's like saying Monster uses gold-plated tips for their HDMI and headphone cables. There's still no real-world advantage.

At the end of the day, the headphones use common frequencies, like 2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz, there will be quality loss.

I'll wait for reviews and whatnot before I say anything else though.
fair enough, i see what you mean
 7 years ago '10        #66
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 Fresh Whyte said:
Did I Say I Tried Them Out? No I Haven't But I Will Once They Release Cause Sleek's Wireless Set Has Me Curious.

We Agruing On Beats Compare To What's Out On The Market.
yea, and beats suck compared to Sennheisers, Bose, AKG, Klipsch, Shures, Grados, etc......

At anything more than $80-100, beats are overpriced, because there are $100 headphones that sound twice as good as beats.
 7 years ago '07        #67
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 PapiPrisa said:
50 just because hes a better rapper
^ this
 7 years ago '09        #68
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7971 7971
 psylence2k said:
From what I've read about Sleek, they seem to be way better than Soul and even better than Dre's Beats.

- Wireless with up to a 60 ft range
- High Definition Kleer "Lossless " sound quality.
- Micro-USB Rechargeable Battery (no buying countless AA's )
- Extra Headphone Cable with Mic for power when battery runs out
- Constructed with Military Grade Metals and Carbon Fiber (will make it pretty durable)
- Has 50mm dynamic sound drivers with internal amplifier
- Volume and Track Change Controls on the Headphones
- Premium Ashton Martin "memory foam" leather on the ear cups and head band (shyt sounds comfortable)

They seem to actually be worth the $300 unlike Dre's headphones.

damn this n*gga is a good salesman, i want a pair now
 7 years ago '04        #69
The Master 2 heat pts
space
space
$411 | Props total: 7 7
...thinkin bout gettin them sleeks...the luda ones look like some dollar store quality headphones.
 7 years ago '05        #70
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
The sleeks seem better
 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM         #71
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
Bose headPhones>>>>>>>
BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment
 7 years ago '05        #72
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 big blak afrika said:
Buying 300 dollars worth of weed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '06        #73
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,963 | Props total: 13583 13583
rapper suck
 7 years ago '04        #74
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,812 | Props total: 1839 1839
 akademiks said:
There's no such thing as lossless over the air.

If anything, there'll be less interference. Or likely the sound quality was nothing to write home about in the first place if they say it doesn't degrade.
I'm no audio expert but this is what they claim

" Sleek Audio chose to work with Kleer as it's the first wireless platform that truly allows music lovers to enjoy lossless, CD quality sound with wireless earphones. Unlike Bluetooth, which strongly compresses music, Kleer uses a 2.4GHrz, 16-bit signal. The difference in sound quality between being wired and wireless is virtually zero. Lossless means that there is virtually no detail "lost" in the transition of the signal to wireless. "

then more from their site:

Digital Wireless Transmission Capacity

The goal of the digital wireless transmission technology should be completely lossless audio transmission. Uncompressed, 16-bit, 44.1KHz-sampled stereo audio (full CD quality) requires 1.4112Mb/s. Lossless audio compression can reduce this to approximately 1Mb/s on average, but the short term compression ratio depends on characteristics of the music such that the radio still needs to support the full 1.4Mb/s to achieve lossless full CD quality audio streaming. Anything less, and lossy compression is required and audio quality is reduced. Some excess capacity is required for the retransmission of packets corrupted by interference. In general, a radio capacity of approximately 2Mb/s provides an optimum trade-off between audio quality, interference robustness and power consumption.

Digital Audio Compression for Wireless Transmission

The primary purpose of digital audio compression is to reduce the data rate of the audio stream to fit within the capacity supported by the digital wireless transmission technology. There are two main categories of digital audio compression; lossy compression and lossless compression.
Lossless compression only eliminates redundancy from the audio stream such that no information is lost. The original audio stream can be exactly reproduced by decompression, such that there is no reduction of audio quality, and the simple encoding/decoding circuitry consumes negligible power.
Lossy compression includes well-known formats such as MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, and others. Lossy compression targets a specific compression ratio (e.g. 4:1, 10:1, etc.) or data rate (e.g. 128Kb/s, 192Kb/s, etc.) and eliminates as much information as is necessary to achieve that amount of compression. Perceptual encoding is used to minimize the audibility of the information loss. Relatively high compression ratios can be achieved at the expense of audio quality and at the cost of complexity and power consumption of the circuitry performing the encoding and decoding.

but I'm sure the reviews will speak for themselves.

Last edited by psylence2k; 02-25-2011 at 01:16 AM..
 02-25-2011, 12:50 AM         #75
jayjules 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50s hands down
 7 years ago '05        #76
Sco Dylan 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,593 | Props total: 2651 2651
 akademiks said:
There's no such thing as lossless over the air.

If anything, there'll be less interference. Or likely the sound quality was nothing to write home about in the first place if they say it doesn't degrade.
it's 2011 son...technology has stepped up.

RAZAH CUTS said:
f**k, why did fif make them s**ts wireless.....

that fact alone will guarantee that they're f**king pieces of s**t....
god damn you're simple...

plus it said it comes with a wire as well so you can use it wired or wireless...
 7 years ago '09        #77
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
Who wants to be wearing black and yellow headphones? Oh wait.. but Luda's headphones will only be hot for a couple of months. Soul's headphones come in 5 different models ranging from $69-$300 so I can see people with bum swag keeping Soul's longevity around by rocking the c*ckroach $60 pair.

Sleek by 50 looks promising, but they still don't look THAT great and they also seem a little too complicated for the average person. Sleek may get the little audiophiles hard for a moment but not the mainstream.

I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo HD ($200) and I love them. s**t makes listening to music AN EXPERIENCE. AND they look different and are mad stylish + they already have the brand. Who is gonna wanna ruin their friendship with Dre by wearing Sleek or Soul's? Hell, all it's gonna take is a music video with Eminem wearing a pair to bury both these brands when they launch.

Be a smart consumer and stick with Dre, he knows best. Luda and 50 are just poster boys for these wannabes and if you're gonna drop $300 on a pair of headphones you better HOPE people know what they are when they see them, people know what Beats are.. and they look up to for wearing them. Soul and Sleek might catch the attention at a zoo when a monkey slings s**t at you for choosing them over Beats.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 02-25-2011 at 01:32 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #78
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
Who wants to be wearing black and yellow headphones? Oh wait.. but Luda's headphones will only be hot for a couple of months.

Sleek by 50 looks promising, but they still don't look THAT great and they also seem a little too complicated for the average person. Sleek may get the little audiophiles hard for a moment but not the mainstream.

I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo HD ($200) and I love them. s**t makes listening to music AN EXPERIENCE. AND they look different and are mad stylish + they already have the brand. Who is gonna wanna ruin their friendship with Dre by wearing Sleek or Soul's? Hell, all it's gonna take is a music video with Eminem wearing a pair to bury both these brands when they launch.

Be a smart consumer and stick with Dre, he knows best. Luda and 50 are just poster boys for these wannabes and if you're gonna drop $300 on a pair of headphones you better HOPE people know what they are when they see them, people know what Beats are.. and they look up to for wearing them. Soul and Sleek might catch the attention at a zoo when a monkey slings s**t at you for choosing them over Beats.
It sounds like someone is feeling insecure about the $200 they spent, and you dont even have the studios , just the solos.

The sleek headphones are "complicated" ??. You put them on your head just like any other set of headphones, then you stick the connector piece into your audio jack just like any other set of headphones.
 7 years ago '09        #79
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
 psylence2k said:
It sounds like someone is feeling insecure about the $200 they spent, and you dont even have the studios , just the solos.

The sleek headphones are "complicated" ??. You put them on your head just like any other set of headphones, then you stick the connector piece into your audio jack just like any other set of headphones.
Insecure? Do you not hear me praising the Beats as an audio experience? The only difference between the $200 and $300 pair of Beats is one is wireless, takes batteries to run (meaning if you run out of batteries you CAN'T USE THEM, making them less portable and more for someone who sits in their bedroom all day like you). They both provide noise cancellation.

Sleek are complicated, f**k outta here with that connector piece s**t, no one wants to fool around and lose them f**kers. If you can't plug the s**t in and have it working flawlessly with all your music then you lost. Also, I don't think you can afford to get out of that Skullcandy $20 earbud zone buddy.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #80
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
Insecure? Do you not hear me praising the Beats as an audio experience? The only difference between the $200 and $300 pair of Beats is one is wireless, takes batteries to run (meaning if you run out of batteries you CAN'T USE THEM, making them less portable and more for someone who sits in their bedroom all day like you). They both provide noise cancellation.

Sleek are complicated, f**k outta here with that connector piece s**t, no one wants to fool around and lose them f**kers. If you can't plug the s**t in and have it working flawlessly with all your music then you lost. Also, I don't think you can afford to get out of that Skullcandy $20 earbud zone buddy.

no shyt you're praising them, that's what I meant, you're trying to justify and downplay a set that is likely to be 10 times better than those piece of shyt solo hd's.

and I dont know which Best Buy rep lied to you but there is alot more different than what you stated. For one none of the Beats are "wireless" unless you just want to rock them without hearing any music. No, the solos do not have noise cancellation, the earphone cushion help a little with noise isolation but "noise cancellation" on the higher end model is created by the contrast frequencies emitted by the earphone to cancel out whatever foreign noise is interfering, that is why they require batteries genius, did you ever think about that? The sound quality on the solos are no where near the studios, if your ear can't tell that just from listening to the two then you probably shouldn't be spending $200 on a set of headphones and stick to some $10 skull candys. You obviously didn't do your research fully before buying those horrible solo hd's. You dont have to believe me, just walk into any best buy store and repeat to their portable audio rep what you just said to me and watch them laugh in your face. If you wanted a real "experience" you should've not been cheap and put down extra cash for the studios instead of settling for those piece of shyt solo hd's.

Last edited by psylence2k; 02-25-2011 at 02:04 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy