Cavs Trade MO Williams for Baron Davis!

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #181
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
 sneekas said:
im glad that b**ch is out of cleveland.
This

But at the same time I don't see cleveland inspiring b diddy toball out. Lets hope the cavs do something nice with the pick.
 7 years ago '09        #182
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
 Walt Thizzney said:
he will get bought out
That's what I'm thinking...

Then again the cavs might take on more salary and use that trade exception and try to build around these guys
 7 years ago '08        #183
PapiPrisa 
space
space
$546 | Props total: 1 1
the nba ruin b diddy's career
 7 years ago '08        #184
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 274 274
 PapiPrisa said:
the nba ruin b diddy's career
This

Plus he gets lazy and overweight if not happy. I wish that golden state team stayed together
 7 years ago '06        #185
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
Feb. 24: Clippers to send Baron Davis to Cleveland (pending)

L.A. Clippers trade Baron Davis and the Clippers' 2011 first-round draft pick to Cleveland for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

• View this deal in the ESPN Trade Machine

Cleveland: A-

I've always wondered what the cash price of a lottery pick was. In this case, it seems to be about $12 million -- the difference in what's owed over the next two years between Davis and Williams. Cleveland effectively paid the Clippers that amount for their first-round pick, which is completely unprotected in the 2011 draft and could end up being first. In fact, it's possible the Cavs will have the first two picks in the draft, which certainly could accelerate the post-LeBron rebuilding. Give a tip of the hat to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert for agreeing to use his checkbook to speed up the process.

In the short term, this trade may make Cleveland even worse. Although Davis is the more talented of the two players, Williams played fairly hard for a miserable Cleveland team, and nobody expects Davis to do the same, especially because he's reunited with coach Byron Scott. (The two clashed in New Orleans.) Look for Cleveland to deal him again at the first available opportunity.

Capwise, however, the Cavs' logic is airtight. Cleveland wasn't going to have cap space in the summer of 2011 no matter what; and even with Davis' fat contract on the books, it'll still have plenty of space in the summer of 2012.

L.A. Clippers: C+

Take our point guard ... please. The Clippers wanted to be out from under the weight of Davis' contract so badly that they gave away their lottery pick in this year's draft.

I'm not crazy about this tactic, but I should point out that this move isn't just run-of-the-mill Clippers cheapness. The strategic part is that the trade cuts just enough salary to make the Clips something of a player in this summer's free-agent market. They won't have enough space for a max deal but could easily make a play for L.A. native Tayshaun Prince or one of several other promising free-agent small forwards -- the one position that's holding the Clips back at the moment.

Additionally, Williams is likely a much better complement to Blake Griffin than Davis was because of his sweet outside shot. The Clips now have two deadly outside shooters at the guard positions in Williams and Eric Gordon, and with Griffin's potent passing ability, they've set themselves up to be extremely difficult to defend in the half court.

Jamario Moon is also in the deal and has an expiring contract; I expect the Clips to let him walk and pursue better options in free agency.

so CAVS WIN! Baron actually wins too becuase he gets off that team. it's not like he was on the lakers. He was on the 2nd best team in that city, that makes them the first losers also.
 7 years ago '04        #186
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 LovinPavan said:
never heard of either of these negroes.
 02-24-2011, 12:17 PM         #187
Vincent Vega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well, regardless of where baron davis is right now, andrei kirilenko still has a contract out on his life.
 7 years ago '08        #188
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 274 274
Baron will probably be hurt the remainder of the year. who wants to play for a s**tty team on the tail end of their career?
 7 years ago '06        #189
ClevelandRay 
space
space
ESPN's Chad Ford
Buyout unlikely, but trade not out of the question

"Well, he's owed a ton of money over the next two seasons ... so I doubt the waive him or buy him out. But I could see a situation where he doesn't play until they find a home for him. But there's another alternative too. It's in Baron's best interest to come in and play terrific basketball for Cleveland. His trade value is nil unless he convinces some team he still has something left in the tank. He may be more motivated than you think to perform in Cleveland.."
 7 years ago '08        #190
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,187 | Props total: 972 972
 ClevelandRay said:
davis has a strong connection to Byron Scott.
 ClevelandRay said:
Although Davis is the more talented of the two players, Williams played fairly hard for a miserable Cleveland team, and nobody expects Davis to do the same, especially because he's reunited with coach Byron Scott. (The two clashed in New Orleans.) Look for Cleveland to deal him again at the first available opportunity.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #191
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
if davis is lucky he gets minutes backing up Sessions

he's not here for now....he's not here for the future...sorry b diddy
 7 years ago '10        #192
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,523 | Props total: 9896 9896
 CarmeloStarks said:

[pic - click to view]

:lachen001::lachen001:
 7 years ago '06        #193
ClevelandRay 
space
space
 CarmeloStarks said:

[pic - click to view]

But there's another alternative too. It's in Baron's best interest to come in and play terrific basketball for Cleveland. His trade value is nil unless he convinces some team he still has something left in the tank. He may be more motivated than you think to perform in Cleveland.."

so in other words act like you are in the NFL and it's a contract year - ball like you have never before.

You are funny one line gets you. well let me do you a solid...Davis has reportedly done a 180 on his opinion of Scott. And with J.J. Hickson, the Cavaliers have a young player who has had some, shall we say, growing pains, in understanding what Byron Scott expects from him and what his potential can be.

Baron Davis knows what Byron Scott expects and can help J.J. Hickson see why he should appreciate what he has.

and...

In Cleveland, the 31-year-old Davis will be reunited with Scott. The two clashed repeatedly during their time together in New Orleans, but Scott said they fixed their relationship last summer.

Scott said Davis approached him before a preseason game and apologized for his past behavior.

"He hugged me and said, 'I love you,'" Scott said. "It's water under the bridge. We let it go."

Scott said he was moved by Davis' gesture.

"I was very touched," he said, "to the point that I was speechless. From that point on, our relationship has been very good."

becuase you'll want proof.
 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM         #194
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe now he will stop cryin and hold his head up
 02-24-2011, 01:55 PM         #195
HERCH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ me callin this move before baron seemed like he gave a damn---
----

decent move for clips.. yeah baron is a better play maker but mo is a better shooter.. and once gordon comes back u put the ball in his hands.. jamario is a nice throw in as well.. should start to bring aminu of the bench-- decent move but i think the clips have somethin more up there sleeve
 02-24-2011, 01:59 PM         #196
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #197
blaxblog 15 heat pts15
space
space
$455 | Props total: 0 0
@MrBrainwash_ reveals how @BanksyWalls helped create him
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #198
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4235 4235
damn son
 02-24-2011, 02:06 PM         #199
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

mo is better by how much?
 7 years ago '08        #200
tOnerz 2 heat pts
space
space
$437 | Props total: 50 50
should of never left golden state so he could go to LA and make independent films.

i use to love bdiddy but after don nelson benched him in the 4th quarter vs the suns in a game we needed to make the playoffs cuz baron partied all night f**k HIM

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy