The Official NFL Combine Thread (Feb. 24 - March 1)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,886 | Props total: 1999 1999
Can someone sell me on Cam Newton, because besides the speed, I see nothing that equates him as a great quarterback.

I'd take Tyrod Taylor in the 4th overall Cam Newton in the 1st.
 02-27-2011, 10:42 AM         #82
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Can someone sell me on Cam Newton, because besides the speed, I see nothing that equates him as a great quarterback.

Great leader,decent arm mechanics,solid arm strength..Only problem with him is the offensive scheme that he played in.Nobody knows if he has the ability to read defenses. His accuracy tends to be off and on too.
 7 years ago '08        #83
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Have the WR ran yet?
 7 years ago '04        #84
space
space
 Trill Clinton said:
Great leader,decent arm mechanics,solid arm strength..Only problem with him is the offensive scheme that he played in.Nobody know's if he has the ability to read defenses
See when I think Cam Newton (based on the games I watched, which was I think six games) I see inaccuracy on deeper throws, alright arm strength, can't read defenses and was a system type of player.

When I watched their games, they would fake it to the running back and then throw a short route to an uncovered WR/RB.

As I mentioned, I'd take Tyrod Taylor over him and he'd be cheaper. Furthermore, I would take Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Blaine Gabbert and Pat Devlin over Newton.
 02-27-2011, 10:47 AM         #85
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
Have the WR ran yet?
Yeah,Julio and AJ ran their 40's.

there is still another group of wr's that haven't ran yet.
 7 years ago '06        #86
chrisf249 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
i think green and Peterson are going to slip past 6.
 7 years ago '10        #87
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,138 | Props total: 15647 15647
 Main Event said:
Have the WR ran yet?
not the second group
 7 years ago '04        #88
space
space
 Main Event said:
Have the WR ran yet?
I think so because someone was talking about Baldwin's 40 time. However, I think he is in a different group so group 5 WRs are next.
 7 years ago '04        #89
space
space
 chrisf249 said:
i think green and Peterson are going to slip past 6.
I think both will be gone by 6.
 7 years ago '08        #90
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 Trill Clinton said:
Yeah,Julio and AJ ran their 40's.

there is still another group of wr's that haven't ran yet.
Hankerson just made himself some money

and does that say 4.39 for Julio

Last edited by Main Event; 02-27-2011 at 10:52 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #91
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
 lilsnatch770 said:

n*gga isnt a great QB....he's a great prospect physically......it wont be until the interviews that anyone knows whats up with him.
 7 years ago '10        #92
space
space
 Main Event said:
 7 years ago '10        #93
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
 Main Event said:

and does that sy 4.39 for Julio

s**t Hankerson made money in the senior bowl......all he has to do now is cross the t's and dot the i's.
 7 years ago '06        #94
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,544 | Props total: 201 201
 Main Event said:

ya julio was not playin, he was flyin for his size. id be glad to take him at 14
 7 years ago '10        #95
space
space
denarious Moore- Tenn 4.37
 7 years ago '04        #96
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
Anyone have a phone stream?
 7 years ago '09        #97
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 OP
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
Solder leads strong OL group
Todd McShay and Kevin Weidl
Scouts Inc.

The most disappointing aspect of the offensive line workouts was the absence of USC OT Tyron Smith, who is Scouts Inc.'s top-rated tackle prospect. Smith had a strong start to the combine, weighing in at 307 pounds (up from 285 in-season) and carrying the weight well. He also had 29 bench press reps at 225 pounds. The momentum ended when trainers found fluid in his knee and advised him to shut it down for the remainder of the weekend.

The fluid stems from a minor knee injury that Smith suffered late in the season and eventually had scoped in December. The good news is that Smith has already had the knee drained and is expected to make a full recovery in time to work out for NFL scouts at USC's pro day March 31.
Strong showings

• Colorado's Nate Solder, the No. 2 tackle on our board, stole the show Saturday. The 6-foot-8, 319-pounder displayed remarkable speed and explosiveness for a massive left tackle prospect. The 10-yard split is the most important part of the 40-yard dash when evaluating offensive linemen because it shows the initial burst and explosiveness that translates to their responsibilities in the trenches, and Solder had the top 10-yard split (1.62 seconds unofficial) among all offensive linemen and the fastest 40 (5.05) in the offensive tackle group.

Solder also proved his short-area explosiveness by turning in a broad jump of 9-foot-2, tops among all linemen, and he showed adequate flexibility and solid lateral agility during drills. There are some concerns about overall technique and natural knee-bend, but Solder showed enough athleticism and should improve with good coaching and hard work. Different teams will look for different skill sets at tackle, so Solder might not be the first or second tackle selected in the draft, but it's hard to imagine him slipping out of the top 20.

• Syracuse center Ryan Bartholomew capped a strong combine with a good performance Saturday. The 6-1, 302-pounder turned in strong times of 4.97 (official) in the 40-yard dash and 1.64 (unofficial) in his 10-yard split. Remember, Bartholomew also led all offensive linemen in the bench press test with 34 reps. He far exceeded expectations after our film study revealed some holes in terms of balance and lateral agility. Bartholomew has at least given scouts a reason to take another look at the tape and reconsider his standing.

• Miami guard Orlando Franklin quietly had a solid day, turning in an adequate 5.20 (official) in the 40 and showing good short-area quickness with a 1.72 (official) 10-yard split. At 6-5 and 316 pounds, he showed just average quickness during drills but did display good short-area lateral agility. He also looked balanced throughout and did a nice job staying low out of his stance during pulling drills. Franklin was clearly playing out of position at left tackle during the college season, but he has the strength and short-area capabilities to be a reliable starter on the inside at the next level.

• Boston College OT Anthony Castonzo, Florida OT Marcus Gilbert and Lehigh OG Will Rackley also helped their causes. Castonzo turned in an adequate 10-yard split (1.79 unofficial) while showing good flexibility and quick feet with his lateral slides. Gilbert turned in a subpar 40 time (5.43) but looked smooth during drills with short, compact movements that allowed him to stay in control and balanced. Rackley also opened eyes during drills, bending well at the knees, staying patient and balanced in his sets and showing good short-area lateral quickness.
Underwhelming

• Arkansas OT Demarcus Love did not have the workout he was hoping for. Love labored to get to the corner and failed to get his hands on the rushing defender during the kick-step drill. An earlier drill that called for prospects to change direction in space exposed the stiffness in Love's hips and raised concerns about his ability to redirect effectively at the next level. Love's arms are long even by offensive tackle standards, but teams shouldn't feel comfortable asking him to protect their quarterback's blind side, and he may even be a better fit at guard.

Green gaining ground among TEs
Scouts Inc.

A pair of notable tight ends did not work out on Saturday. No. 1 prospect Kyle Rudolph (Notre Dame) is still recovering from surgery on a season-ending hamstring injury, while Weslye Saunders (South Carolina) aggravated a foot injury that turned out to be a fracture and bowed out after the broad jump and vertical jump. However, there were plenty of notable performances to fill the void.
Strong showings

• Nevada's Virgil Green (6-3, 249) is undersized for a traditional tight end but plays much bigger than his size and did an outstanding job as an inline blocker at the college level. He won't be able to work inline as often in the NFL, but his tape and combine workout lead us to believe he can at least match up in certain situations. Green's vertical jump (42½ inches) was just an inch shy of the combine record at his position and his broad jump (10-10) is a combine record for tight ends.

Green also turned in the third-best 40-yard dash time (4.64 official) in his group, which shows he has the speed to stretch the middle of the field as a receiver. While Green does show a lot of promise as a developmental prospect, he will need work as a route runner. We also see a lot of tightness in his movements, especially in his upper body. He struggled to track the ball thrown over his shoulder. Green will need good coaching and a bit more time than most prospects to develop, but he's worth the investment in the middle rounds.

• Basketball players making the move to tight end is a continuing trend in the 2011 class, thanks to the late emergence of USC's Jordan Cameron and Portland State's Julius Thomas.

Neither is ready to contribute early in his career, but both displayed enough speed and athleticism to warrant Day 3 consideration as developmental projects. Jordan displayed more natural athleticism, turning in the second-fastest 40 time of the group (4.59). He also showcased fluid hips and good body control as a route runner while flashing the ability to make the tough catch away from his frame. Jordan's game tape is not nearly as impressive as his showings during the combine and at the East-West Shrine Game, but he clearly has the tools to be developed if he's willing to pay the price.

Thomas is also gifted but even more raw. He was a four-year contributor on the basketball team and did not walk on to the football squad until his senior season, so he has just one year of playing experience under his belt. The 6-5, 246-pounder ran well in the 40 (4.68 official) and showed enough natural athleticism and ball skills for a team to invest a late-round pick and a couple years of coaching.
Underwhelming

• Wisconsin's Lance Kendricks is a good football player, but his lack of ideal measurables remains a concern as we project his potential role in the NFL. Kendricks is undersized (6-2⅞, 243), and while he is a tough, aggressive blocker on his college tape, he will obviously have some inline matchup limitations in the NFL. Kendricks is savvy as a route runner and his production was very good for the Badgers, but our tape study showed inconsistent ball skills and a lack of seam-stretching speed, both of which were evident during his workout Saturday. Kendricks dropped three passes during the gauntlet drill and he ran the eighth-best 40 among tight ends. Kendricks' stock is helped by the lack of quality options in this year's tight end crop, but we would have a hard time using a top-75 pick on a player with so many physical limitations.

• After a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, Marshall TE Lee Smith displayed a lack of top-end speed and athleticism at the combine. Smith showed off good inline blocking skills, savvy as an underneath route runner and strong hands in traffic during the Senior Bowl, but it's apparent on film that Smith's upside is limited by below-average top-end speed and athleticism. He helped confirm those a.ssumptions during his underwhelming showing at the combine. His unofficial 40 time of 5.07 seconds is actually worse than anticipated and three-tenths slower than the three-year average for tight ends, and it will undoubtedly hurt his value come draft weekend.

Size a question for Fairley?
Scouts Inc.

The deepest position group in the draft began the combine process Saturday and there was plenty of buzz surrounding some big-name defensive linemen.

• Auburn DT Nick Fairley, potentially the No. 1 overall pick, is surprisingly small. Listed at 6-5 and 300 pounds, Fairley checked in at 6-3 and 291 officially. Alabama's Marcell Dareus, the No. 2 defensive tackle on the board, is the same height and 28 pounds heavier. Not many teams are in love with sub-300-pound defensive tackles, and while Fairley is clearly light in order to run well, his frame isn't as long as expected and we wonder how much bulk he can safely add. This doesn't mean Fairley is free-falling or anything close, but it's something to consider as part of the evaluation process when comparing two different style players at the same position with nearly identical grades.

• Missouri DE Aldon Smith and Georgia DE/OLB Justin Houston were winners from Saturday's weigh-ins. Smith checked in at 6-4¼ and 263 pounds, but it was his freakishly long arms (35⅝ inches) that really turned heads. Houston showed off long arms of his own (34½) while checking in at an athletic-looking 6-2⅞ and 270 pounds, and his surprisingly big frame should help ease concerns for teams wondering about his ability to hold up as a traditional 4-3 defensive end.

• As an underclassman who did not get measured last spring and was suspended for the entire fall, North Carolina DE Robert Quinn needed to make a good impression more than most. Quinn looked good at 6-4 and 265 pounds, but he did not quite live up to expectations from a body-type standpoint. Three different scouts we spoke to said they were impressed with his frame and upper body but underwhelmed by the look of his lower half. In fact, one of those scouts described Quinn's lower body as a bit lean and knock-kneed.

Source:
 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM         #98
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
See when I think Cam Newton (based on the games I watched, which was I think six games) I see inaccuracy on deeper throws, alright arm strength, can't read defenses and was a system type of player.

When I watched their games, they would fake it to the running back and then throw a short route to an uncovered WR/RB.

As I mentioned, I'd take Tyrod Taylor over him and he'd be cheaper. Furthermore, I would take Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Blaine Gabbert and Pat Devlin over Newton.
I think the can't read defenses/system type of player is kind of unfair because he ran the scheme his coaches developed,which is basically a one-read offense.Gabbert didn't play in a pro-style offense either,so i don't understand how you can't have the same reservations about Gabbert as you do with Newton.

Jake Locker may be the most inaccurate QB in this draft,and Ryan Mallet is an un-athletic pot head who many believe is an idiot/will struggle dealing with complex offensive schemes.

With that being said,i wouldn't take any of these QB's in the top 10,But if i had to choose i'd take Cam.
 7 years ago '09        #99
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 OP
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
OL times/jumps

Top 40-yard dashes

1. OC Jason Kelce, Cincinnati (4.93)
2. OC Ryan Bartholomew, Syracuse (4.97)
3. OG Derek Newton, Arkansas State (5.01)
4. OT Nate Solder, Colorado (5.05)
5. OT Jarriel King, South Carolina (5.09)

Top 10-yard splits

1. Nate Solder (1.63)
T2. Ryan Bartholemew (1.64)
T2. OT/OG James Brewer, Indiana (1.64)
4. OG Clint Boling, Georgia (1.69)
5. OT/OG Orlando Franklin, Miami (FL) (1.72)

Top vertical jumps

T1. OG Dan Kilgore, Appalachian St. (32½)
T1. OC Kristofer O'Dowd, USC (32½)
T3. OT Kyle Hix, Texas (32)
T3. Nate Solder (32)
5. OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin (31½)

Top broad jumps

1. Jarriel King (9-6)
2. OT Jah Reid, Central Florida (9-3)
T3. Jason Kelce (9-2)
T3. Nate Solder (9-2)
5. Gabe Carimi (9-1)
TE times/jumps

Top 40-yard dashes

1. Rob Housler, Florida Atlantic (4.55)
2. Jordan Cameron, USC (4.59)
3. Virgil Green, Nevada (4.64)
T4. Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa (4.67)
T4. D.J Williams, Arkansas (4.67)

Top vertical jumps

1. Virgil Green (42½)
2. Jordan Cameron (37½)
3. Rob Housler (37)
4. Schuylar Oordt (36)
5. Julius Thomas, Portland State (35½)

Top broad jumps

1. Virgil Green (10-10)
2. Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin (10-2)
T3. Jordan Cameron (9-11)
T3. Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa (9-11)
5. Charles Clay, Tulsa (9-10)

Top 3-cone drills

1. Jordan Cameron (6.82)
2. Schuylar Oordt (6.83)
3. Zack Pianalto, North Carolina (6.85)
T4. Virgil Green (6.90)
T4. Rob Housler (6.90)

Bench press numbers

Top 5 RBs
1. Anthony Sherman, Connecticut (32)
2. Shane Vereen, California (31)
3. Allen Bradford, USC (28)
4. Delone Carter, Syracuse (27)
5. Darren Evans, Virginia Tech (26)

Top 5 WRs

1. Greg Little, North Carolina (27)
2. Niles Paul, Nebraska (24)
3. Cecil Shorts, Mount Union (21)
4. Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh (20)
5. DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss (20)
 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM         #100
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:

Hankerson left his hands in Miami though..

a bunch of body catches or just flat out drops.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy