The Official NFL Combine Thread (Feb. 24 - March 1)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 OP
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 2778 2778
It's always difficult to predict who's going to win and lose at the NFL Scouting Combine, but with the help of a college scout I very much respect, here are five players who need a big showing in Indianapolis:
Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara

Why he needs a big week: For more than a year, he was considered an elite NFL prospect, but a zero-interception 2010 has some questioning his ball skills, even after he had five picks in 2009. And though he was solid otherwise last fall, one bad afternoon against Oklahoma State star Justin Blackmon has really hurt the way people perceive Amukamara.

Scout's take: "For a while, he and the LSU kid (Patrick Peterson) were neck-and-neck, but it seems like Peterson has solidified his spot as the best corner. Prince slipped because of the dropped picks last year, and his ball skills. He's doing everything (all drills) in Indy, and he needs to have a good week. He needs to be top-tier in everything he does."

Amukamara's combine itinerary: Saturday: Arrival, informal NFL coach interviews; Sunday: Media interviews, drug testing, measurement, medical exam, psychological testing; informal coach interviews; Monday: Wonderlic intelligence test, psychological testing, informal coach interviews, bench press; Tuesday: Timing events (10, 20, 40), flexibility tests (vertical, broad jumps), skill drills (3-cone, shuttles), on-field workouts, departure.
Washington QB Jake Locker

Why he needs a big week: Coming into the 2010 season, he was a contender for the No. 1 overall pick. Now? Well, he could slip out of the first round. The entire quarterback group is unsettled. On the Lucas Oil Stadium turf, Locker is the one who needs to show up and perform.

Scout's take: "Locker has hurt himself. His stock has been on the decline since the Senior Bowl, and he needs to recover. ... The damage has been done. Now, he needs to stop the bleeding."

Locker's combine itinerary: Thursday: Arrival, informal NFL coach interviews; Friday: Media interviews, drug testing, measurement, medical exam, psychological testing; informal coach interviews; Saturday: Wonderlic intelligence test, psychological testing, informal coach interviews; Sunday: Timing events (10, 20, 40), flexibility tests (vertical, broad jumps), skill drills (3-cone, shuttles), on-field throwing, departure.
Three North Carolina suspendees

Why they need a big week: Defensive end Robert Quinn, defensive tackle Marvin Austin and wide receiver Greg Little have all been considered first-round talents, but each missed all of last year after a probe revealed violations of NCAA agent benefits, preferential treatment and ethical conduct rules. So each has proving ground to make up, and in particular Quinn, the best prospect of the three, who was an underclassman this year and will require the most work by teams.

Scout's take: "Everything they do from here on out will be so amplified, because they didn't play in 2010. That makes this all the more important to them."

Little's combine itinerary: Thursday: Arrival, informal NFL coach interviews; Friday: Media interviews, drug testing, measurement, medical exam, psychological testing; informal coach interviews; Saturday: Wonderlic intelligence test, psychological testing, informal coach interviews; Sunday: Timing events (10, 20, 40), flexibility tests (vertical, broad jumps), skill drills (3-cone, shuttles), on-field workouts, departure.

Quinn's and Austin's combine itinerary: Friday: Arrival, informal NFL coach interviews; Saturday: Media interviews, drug testing, measurement, medical exam, psychological testing; informal coach interviews; Sunday: Wonderlic intelligence test, psychological testing, informal coach interviews; Monday: Timing events (10, 20, 40), flexibility tests (vertical, broad jumps), skill drills (3-cone, shuttles), on-field workouts, departure.

Source:
 7 years ago '09        #22
space
space

[pic - click to view]

INDIANAPOLIS — Alabama RB Mark Ingram said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine that the knee he injured in August has healed and is a non-issue heading into April’s draft.

“It feels great, or else I wouldn’t be out here about to run and work out,” Ingram said, adding that he has trained hard on the knee after gaining 875 yards last season, one year after he won the Heisman Trophy.

“The knee injury, I think, is a question mark in everybody’s head,” he said. “What I want to do out here is erase that question mark.”

Ingram, who’s 5-foot-9, has shed about 10 pounds — he said he weighed in at 215 this week — and believes he’s “more explosive” at a lighter weight.

Because of his measurements, Ingram has drawn comparison to another diminutive back, NFL all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith. Ingram called the parallel “a tremendous honor,” but he said he shies away from comparing himself to past stars.

“I just try to take characteristics from all those guys and develop my own type of character as a runner, my own mystique as a runner,” he said.

Ingram’s father, WR Mark Ingram Sr., was a first-round draft pick by the Giants in 1987 and won Super Bowl XXV with the team following the 1990 season. The younger Ingram was asked if he hoped to land with the Giants like his dad.

“Wherever I have the opportunity to go and play, that’s where I’d be excited to go,” he said.

– Marc Sessler

Source:
 02-25-2011, 11:09 PM         #23
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Phins gonna f**k around and draft Ingram .....
 7 years ago '09        #24
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
Phins gonna f**k around and draft Ingram .....
Every mock board I seen has him going to Miami, for the same reason, neither Brown or Williams might not be back next season.
 02-25-2011, 11:26 PM         #25
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tyron Smith will be the number 1 OT takin..
 02-25-2011, 11:27 PM         #26
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReggieA said:
Every mock board I seen has him going to Miami, for the same reason, neither Brown or Williams might not be back next season.
i dont want him. i know he reminds ppl of emmitt but no
 02-25-2011, 11:50 PM         #27
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JNyiri77 said:
i dont want him. i know he reminds ppl of emmitt but no
you need him..
 02-26-2011, 12:35 AM         #28
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lowkey18 said:
you need him..
we dont NEED him.

this yr will be a throwaway yr cause no major changes have been made on offense aside from OC and we havent even seen what that merits. it'll be the first yr in this offense for Henne with Daboll coordinating. depending on what happens with that i would then say go get a rb.

right now we have:

lex hilliard
kory sheets
patrick cobbs

none of those guys could be a starter but they all have something different. if anything i'd want them to roll lex and sheets out there cause ones a power back who's been here FOREVER and deserves his shot and plays well when he has played and the other is a speed back, who is one injury away from Brandon Roy status, which we havent had in ages.
running backs in the draft are a dime a dozen unless they are someone like AP or CJ, it aint worth it.
 02-26-2011, 12:41 AM         #29
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no you need a RB..

i
 02-26-2011, 12:45 AM         #30
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lowkey18 said:
no you need a RB..

i
i love it when someone else tells me what MY team needs cause they read a bunch of draft info and information online about a team. yes we need a RB but not Mark Ingram in the first round at 15, i dont care how much of a beast he may wind up.

Henne would just be handcuffed again by having a good rb. we need henne to know whetehr he has it this yr or not as a passer, not handing off 25 times a game. thats why we got brandon marshall. we had good rb's when he started playing for pennington in williams and brown, top 3 rushing i believe and he was average but showed signs of being good and regressed tremendously his second yr as a full starter, leading the league in picks in the 4th quarter.

rb's can be found later in the draft, we don't need a first round RB
 7 years ago '04        #31
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,897 | Props total: 2006 2006
Who is there for Running Back next year anyways?

LeMichael James?

And? Ummm? Ryan Williams maybe?
 7 years ago '08        #32
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 5552 5552
I have no problem taking Ingram or an OL at 15. Knowing MIA they'll prob try to trade down and recoup a 2nd.

Ingram would be a nice pick though and starting Henne for another year is the best option for us right now.

People b**ch about how QB is so much more important when our running game went from like top 5 to bottom 5 last year.
 02-26-2011, 01:13 AM         #33
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Who is there for Running Back next year anyways?

LeMichael James?

And? Ummm? Ryan Williams maybe?
LeMichael James is staying at Oregon

There's Ingram
Williams (who i want somewhat)
LeShoure
Murray
Devine
Quizz
Vereen
I'd even welcome Damien Berry in the 3rd day cause i know how hard he runs
 7 years ago '06        #34
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,578 | Props total: 208 208
kinda disappointed with the height of julio. instead of 6'4 hes 6'2 1/2 barely, but still big a 220 but now he needs to show he can run routes and catch the ball because hes not as big as people though. and aj good as advertised at 6'3 1/2.

ohh and whoever picks gabbert is going to set their franchise back at least 5-7 years. dude is not good. he was BARELY decent at mizz and doesnt have good progression reads, which is huge for a qb

Last edited by layzie8171; 02-26-2011 at 01:19 AM..
 02-26-2011, 01:18 AM         #35
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
I have no problem taking Ingram or an OL at 15. Knowing MIA they'll prob try to trade down and recoup a 2nd.

Ingram would be a nice pick though and starting Henne for another year is the best option for us right now.

People b**ch about how QB is so much more important when our running game went from like top 5 to bottom 5 last year.
that was cause of the playcalling and injuries to the o-line and ricky and ronnie just being completely done here

if anything this is how i look at it with whats happened:

OG/C is a must - Long, Incognito, Berger, Jerry and Carey is the line right now. Unless they move Carey inside to G, move incognito to C and find a RT we will need to find another G/C cause Incognito cannot pass block at all. For some reason he played better at C later in the yr than at G

RB- Second round. Trade the 15 and move down to recoup a pick.

WR - Speed guy
 7 years ago '07        #36
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,898 | Props total: 1322 1322
 JNyiri77 said:
LeMichael James is staying at Oregon

There's Ingram
Williams (who i want somewhat)
LeShoure
Murray
Devine
Quizz
Vereen
I'd even welcome Damien Berry in the 3rd day cause i know how hard he runs
No Daniel Thomas? Interesting he'll be the best back in this draft.
 7 years ago '09        #37
space
space
INDIANAPOLIS — And now for a few thoughts, observations and highlights as we wrap up Day 2 of the NFL Scouting Combine:

* Marvin Lewis is moving forward under the guise Carson Palmer won’t be traded, but won’t speculate on the quarterback’s future.

if Carson wants to leave, then let him go, we can draft Mallet in the 2nd round if he is still there.

* Redskins coach Mike Shanahan told reporters the fate of QB Donovan McNabb will be decided after the draft.

* Former Washington QB Jake Locker knows his passing accuracy is a concern.

* Highly touted RB Mark Ingram says his knee is a non-issue heading into the draft.

* Tyron Smith ditched Egg McMuffins in preparation for the Combine. Strange, but true.

* Mike Pouncey hopes to play center in the NFL and said some scouts believe he’s better than his Pro Bowl twin brother.

* Is the Combine a time for a Polian family reunion?

* Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak talked about the Texans’ switch to a 3-4 base defense.

* Blaine Gabbert defended his decision not to throw at the Combine. (Good idea or bad idea? )

* Leslie Frazier doesn’t see the Vikings as rebuilding, even if they use the No. 12 pick on a quarterback.

* Now coaching in Seattle, Tom Cable believes he had the Raiders going in the right direction.

* Cardinals GM Rod Graves described contract negotiations with star WR Larry Fitzgerald as “ongoing.”

* A.J. Green told us he won’t settle for being “an average receiver.” :dancingcool:

* John Lott was being John Lott.

* Of course Tom Coughlin was asked about bringing back Plaxico Burress.

* Rams GM Billy Devaney shared his perspective from a year ago on drafting a quarterback in the first round.

* John Elway is getting his feet wet at the Combine.

* Broncos GM Brian Xanders denied a report second-year QB Tim Tebow lacks support within the organization.

* Lovie Smith got things started by saying QB Jay Cutler is his guy.

Source:
 7 years ago '09        #38
space
space
Today, Kickers, Offensive Lineman, and Tight Ends will be working out at the combine.

Bengals do need depth at the OL, it would be nice to somehow steal Pouncey and slide him in at guard, if Marvin and Mike want to keep Carson on the roster, which IMO, if dude wants to leave, trade him.
 7 years ago '09        #39
space
space
Offensive Lineman are doing the 40 yard dash right now, I will post numbers later on today.
 7 years ago '09        #40
space
space
Notable Measurements

Tallest offensive linemen
1. Colorado OT Nate Solder (6-foot-8¼)
2. Boston College OT Richard Lapham (6-8⅛)
T3. Georgia OT Josh Davis (6-7⅛)
T3. UCF OT Jah Reid (6-7⅛)
5. Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi (6-7)

Heaviest offensive linemen
1. Florida OG Carl Johnson (361 pounds)
2. TCU OG Marcus Cannon (358)
3. Arkansas OG Ray Dominguez (334)
4. Josh Davis (331)
5. Florida OT Marcus Gilbert (330)

Lightest offensive linemen
1. Cincinnati OC Jason Kelce (280)
T2. Fresno State OG Andrew Jackson (299)
T2. Montana State OT Mike Person (299)
T2. Florida State OG Rodney Hudson (299)
T5. Missouri State OG David Arkin (300)
T5. Houston OG Isaiah Thompson (300)

Tallest tight ends
1. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame (6-6⅛)
T2. Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa (6-5¾)
T2. Lee Smith, Marshall (6-5¾)
4. Robert Housler, Florida Altantic (6-5⅜)
5. Jordan Cameron, USC (6-5¼)

Heaviest tight ends
1. Weslye Saunders, South Carolina (270)
2. Lee Smith (266)
3. Schuylar Oordt (261)
4. Kyle Rudolph (259)
5. Luke Stocker, Tennessee (258)

Lightest tight ends
1. Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin (243)
2. Cameron Graham (244)
T3. D.J Williams, Arkansas (245)
T3. Charles Clay, Tulsa (245)
5. Julius Thomas, Portland State (246)
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy