* The Official Gears of War 3 Thread *

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0

Q: Do I need to pre order Bulletstorm Epic Edition to gain access to the Gears of War 3 Beta?
A: No. Doing so just let's you have early access. You can take a chance and hope for a space, however spaces are limited.

Q: If I use Bulletstorm to access the BETA early, do I need to keep/use the Bulletstorm disc?
A: Yes.

Q: Where can we pre-order the "Epic Edition" and "Limited Edition" of Bulletstorm?
A: Anywhere! All Bulletstorm pre-orders, no matter where you order(ed) from, will be the Epic Edition (Xbox 360) or Limited Edition (PC and PS3)! Retailers will provide these special editions while supplies last. Use Game if you are based in the UK.

Q: My retailer doesn't have an "Epic Edition" only the Standard Edition.*
A: You'll automatically get the "Epic Edition" or "Limited Edition" when you pre-order the Standard Edition. Again, this is while supplies last. All pre-orders will get the free upgrade.

Q: Does the pre-order program only apply to GameStop and Amazon?
A: The Bulletstorm pre-order program applies to *all* pre-orders in the channel. It is not exclusive to GameStop and Amazon, although these retailers are certainly participants.

Q: What if I ordered my copy of Bulletstorm before the pre-order program was announced?
A:If you pre-ordered Bulletstorm, you will automatically be upgraded to Epic Edition for 360 and Limited Edition for PS3 and PC.

Q: Do I need to cancel my pre-order and order the game again to get the EE/LE?
A: There is no need to cancel your order. All existing pre-orders will get EE/LE. This program is worldwide.

Q: Why am I seeing different prices for the Standard and Epic Editions?
A: Both the Standard and Limited/Epic Editions are available at the same MSRP/RRP (Recommended Retail Price)
 7 years ago '05        #22
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,159 | Props total: 18422 18422
I cant even lie...the ONLY reason i was gonna get Bulletstorm was for the early access to Gears 3. Even after i played the demo i wasnt impressed.

I decided to save my money & just wait it out
 02-24-2011, 01:11 AM         #23
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hu$tLa said:
I cant even lie...the ONLY reason i was gonna get Bulletstorm was for the early access to Gears 3. Even after i played the demo i wasnt impressed.

I decided to save my money & just wait it out
That's because Bulletstorm's demo was f**king gay. The full game is pure crack though, trust that.
 02-24-2011, 01:59 PM         #24
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
- Updated OP with finalized boxart.
- Will update OP at 3 PM when GOW3 Beta information is released by the presses.
 7 years ago '04        #25
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Gears of War 3 beta participants will be able to unlock exclusive goodies for the final game, Epic's said.

Speaking at a CVG-attended beta event in San Francisco last night, Gears head Cliff Bleszinski confirmed to press that the online trial is the only way fans can unlock the Gold Retro Lancer for the full game.

Gears of War voice actor Lester 'Cole Train' Speight later took to the stage to show off Thrashball Cole, a special version of the burly-armed Gear donned in football armour, which you can unlock in the beta.

It'll take around 90 beta matches and 100 Retro Lancer k!lls to unlock the Gold version, Epic said, and over 70 matches to unlock Thrashball Cole - and more to 'keep' him.

The Gears of War 3 trial is set to include three maps and game modes, plus a number of new weapons.

7 years ago '04        #26
space
space
The Maps

Two maps are already guaranteed to be in the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta: Thrashball and Checkout.

Thrashball, amed after the fictional sport played by Cole, is a tight quarters map built in a compact, dilapidated stadium. There's a suspended scoreboard at its center, which displays each teams k!lls and can be shot down, crushing whoever is unlucky enough to be beneath it when it collapses.

Checkout takes place in a dirty, destroyed shopping center, filled with displays behind which the player can take cover.

Gears of War 3 Maps

Four other maps were on display during the beta preview: Overpass, Mercy, Old Town and Trenches. Only two of those maps, however, will make it into the multiplayer beta. You'll need to visit the official Gears of War Facebook page to vote on which ones you'd like to see. Would you prefer Trenches, with its sandstorm effects that turns the map into a massive dust cloud? Or would you like Overpass, with its high ground advantages and the f!ght for a deadly turret? Old Town has pumpkins and, according to Cliff Bleszinski, a "skewed and chaotic" feel. Do you like pumpkins in your deathmatch?

Check out all the maps here and decide for yourself. Make it quick. The poll ends Monday.
Unlockable Goodies

Here's Why You Need To Play The Gears of War 3 Multiplayer BetaBeta players, you'll be getting some gold and some Cole, if you invest the time. The only way to unlock a Gold Retro Lancer in Gears of War 3 will be to play the beta. First, you'll need to play 90 matches to unlock it in the beta. Then, you'll need to k!ll 100 players with it. Do so and it's yours when Gears 3 ships.

Maybe easier to acquire will be the Thrashball Cole skin. You'll need to play 70 matches in the beta to unlock Cole's Cougars uniform, then play with it 13 times to unlock it in Gears of War 3 retail. Why those numbers? They add up to Cole's player number, of course.
Guns & Active Reload

In the beta, players will have access to the standard load-out weapons, like the Hammerburst rifle, the Lancer, the Retro Lancer, the Gnasher and the Sawed Off Shotgun. The special weapons you'll have access to, the ones scattered about maps, will depend on which multiplayer maps you vote on. Weapons like the new Digger Launcher and One Shot, plus classics like the Mulcher and Mortar, will be accessible in the multiplayer beta.

Epic is playing around with how Active Reload works, changing the timing on some weapons to offer more strategic reloading opportunities. The Hammerburst a.ssault rifle now has a late AR window, with the Retro Lancer sporting an earlier one. Up to you to decide whether the trade-off of reload speed versus damage boost is better for your needs.
The Controls

Gears of War 3 features a few control tweaks too. Players will likely feel at home, but less frustrated with some of Epic's changes. Two buttons have tap and hold variations. Tapping X lets you pick up a downed teammate, holding for a second longer it lets you pick up a weapon or ammo. There's a mini-progress meter to illustrate that, one that moves much quicker than, say, a similar function in Fable III.

On the Y button, a tap will pick up an enemy to use it as a "meat shield." Holding Y performs an execution.

And speaking of meat shields, players now have the option of using grenades while holding a body. Simply press up to pick a frag grenade, for example, and your character will jam it into the back of the meat shield's head, kick them forward and sending that exploding body at your enemies. It works with smoke grenade too, offering a chance to escape behind a puff of smoke.
 7 years ago '04        #27
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Team deathmatch and four maps?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #28
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
I want to get into the beta :(
 02-24-2011, 03:42 PM         #29
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Man I hope this game is good. Just need to add the ability to play player vs player in Beast mode and add a video recorder and it's set.
Already been confirmed that Gears of War 3 will not have a theater mode.
 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM         #30
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Not from what I heard. They said they didn't know yet.
I'm the king of all Gears 3 knowledge, it's confirmed not to be in the game.
 7 years ago '04        #31
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Not from what I heard. They said they didn't know yet.
it's not going to have a theatre mode..
 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM         #32
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holup holup holup holup holup......team deathmatch?????

meaning that when u die u actually get to respawn???????

this might be the greatest game EVER!!!!!!

*goes to gamespot to buy that wack a.ss bulletstorm game*
 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM         #33
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Maaaaaan, when I heard about it they still said they were thinking about it. f**kin ghey.
Only a small core of users use the damn thing, so theres no point in adding a feature like that. I rarely used Halo 3's theater mode and I rarely used COD's theater mode personally.
 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM         #34
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Yeah that excuse when they used it was retarded. No one used that stupid camera mode because it sucked. And do you know how many people use Halo and Cods theater mode.

I mean people who were any good would use this thing. But who wants to take pictures? And you can't even pause to take a picture or rewind. It was a terrible idea to begin with.

Just seems like a terrible excuse from a guy who tries to deny anything wrong with his two games.
Stop crying about a theater mode already. If that swings whether or not you buy the game then that's pretty sad.
 7 years ago '04        #35
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 LAwLB15 said:
holup holup holup holup holup......team deathmatch?????

meaning that when u die u actually get to respawn???????

this might be the greatest game EVER!!!!!!

*goes to gamespot to buy that wack a.ss bulletstorm game*
You still pool from a group of lives for your team and Bulletstorm is not wack at all.
 7 years ago '04        #36
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Yeah that excuse when they used it was retarded. No one used that stupid camera mode because it sucked. And do you know how many people use Halo and Cods theater mode.

I mean people who were any good would use this thing. But who wants to take pictures? And you can't even pause to take a picture or rewind. It was a terrible idea to begin with.

Just seems like a terrible excuse from a guy who tries to deny anything wrong with his two games.
The reason why there is a GeOW 3 Beta...is because they acknowledge that GeOW 2 was glitched and bug ridden, (Still a great game though even with, which is saying alot) so they aren't denying anything is wrong, they are trying to improve
 7 years ago '04        #37
space
space
 RugerRell2369 said:
any word on the public beta? i dont wanna trade in games at gamestop to get bulletstorm but i might have to if i def wanna get on this beta
X11 is tonight at 10pm so all that info will be known tonight/tomorrow
 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM         #38
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The PUBLIC beta is already confirmed, it's mid-April. An actual date hasn't been set yet but the time frame has. The Bulletstorm owners get it before that.
 7 years ago '04        #39
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
The beta is earlier for Bulletstorm owners? I thought only The owners would get it?
huh? the owners huh?
 7 years ago '04        #40
space
space
A new feature to Gears of War 3 beta is Team deathmatch which is a first in the series. Rod Fergusson goes on and describes how Gears 3 Team deathmatch will be like going back to Unreal Tournament. He continues on how Gears 3 team deathmatch should offer a hide & seek behind a car feel and hunting people down such as 3 against 1 and bringing the score back to level terms. Once you respawn you will have 5 lives and when your respawn trickles down it will go to last man standing to adding more drama towards the end and the first team to get two rounds wins.

Cliff B goes onto say about the 4 new maps within the beta. He can confirm two which one of them is called Thrashball arena & Checkout which is a old supermarket close quarter match. Expect plenty of shotguns to the face no doubt. The over two maps are Overpass & Trenches which are determined by the community (Gears of War Facebook page). Trenches is a locust theme map, Mercy is more of a spread out map with tropical scenery with old ruins, old fishing town which is a fishing village and then Overpass which really sounds the interesting map out of all. Throughout Overpass, you will experience sinking which water will flow through and reveal some of the locust tunnels.

Cliff B then talks about the reason why Gears of War 3 was delayed. He explains they will have more time to polish the game and pretty much the reason why there is a beta for Gears 3. He continues to say that a beta is not about discovering bugs its about taking it to the press and get a lot more interest in the game. They will be tracking all of the data behind the scenes such as; which weapons are most effective, who gets k!lled mostly in a section of the map and balance of the game and tweaks. He says it gives them a breather because of the beta whilst gaining data from it and using feedback because of it.

Rod Fergusson continues to add about all the new weapons which will appear in Gears 3 beta such as; Digger grenade, Heavy sniper (one shot and destroys anything), Boomer behind the shield, Sawn-Off shotgun which can enable players to shoot three users at a time.

Cliff B talks about how to get into the beta of Gears of War 3 by buying the Bulletstorm Epic Edition but there are going to be other ways to get into the beta which is limited to Bulletstorm, with more details about that to come soon.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy