* The Official Gears of War 3 Thread *

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-23-2011, 08:31 AM         #1
32012 pageviews
1000 comments

PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
* The Official Gears of War 3 Thread *

[pic - click to view]

Release Date: September 20th, 2011

[pic - click to view]

===============================================

VIDEOS

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

Gamestop = Commando Dom

[pic - click to view]

Best Buy = Mechanical Baird

[pic - click to view]

Wal-Mart = Savage Grenadier Elite

[pic - click to view]

Amazon = Savage Kantus

[pic - click to view]

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

COG

Marcus Fenix
Dom Santiago
Augustus Cole
Damon Baird
Anya Stroud
Jace Straton
Dizzy Wallin
Samantha Byrne
COG Gear
Thrasball Cole
Clayton Carmine - Level 14
Classic Marcus - Earn 'Silver Veteran' Medal
Classic Dom - Level 17
Classic Cole - Level 23
Classic Baird - Level 30
Civilian Anya - Level 45
Unarmoured Marcus - Complete Campaign (Any difficulty)
Benjamin Carmine - Level 34
Superstar Cole - Earn 'Gold MVP' Medal
Aaron Griffin - Unlocked through Facebook
Chairman Prescott - Earn 'Silver Allfathers' Medal
Victor Hoffman - Level 50
Anthony Carmine - Level 75
Golden Gear - Earn 'Bronze War Support' Medal
Mechanic Baird - Pre-Order Through Best Buy
Commando Dom - Pre-Order Through Gamestop
Adam Fenix - Included In Console, Epic and Limited Editions
Onyx Guard - DLC Pack #1
Bernie Mataki - DLC Pack #1

LOCUST

Drone
Savage Drone
Grenedier Elite
Savage Grenadier
Myrrah
Savage Theron Guard - Complete 12 waves of Beast (Any Difficulty)
Theron Guard
Hunter
Beast Rider
Miner
Spotter - Level 20
Flame Grenadier - Level 26
Kantus - Earn the 'Gold Medic' Medal
Sniper - Earn the 'Bronze Headshot' Medal
Genadier - Reach Level 39
Golden Hunter - Earn the 'Gold Master At Arms' Medal
Golden Miner - Earn the 'Gold Rifleman' Medal
Hunter Elite - Reach Level 60
Savage Kantus - Pre-Order Through Amazon
Savage Grenadier Elite - Pre-Order Through Wal-Mart

WEAPON SKINS

Unlocks:

Chrome
Gold
Gold Omen
Crimson Omen
Flame
Team Insignia
Onyx

DLC:

Infected Omen
Liquid Metal
Liquid Green

Paid:

Garish
Artic Camo
Desert Digital
Desert Camo
Deadly Cute
Childs Play
Blood
Electric
Flower
Haze
Imulsion
Rainbow
Team Pulse
Oil Slick
Ocean
Thunderstorm
Team Distress
Team Metal
Tiger Stripe
Jungle Digital
Tribal
Urban Digital

MULTIPLAYER MAPS

Checkout – Checkout’s combat takes place in the carcass of an abandoned superstore. The shop owners tried to move their inventory with a closeout sale in the weeks leading up to the HOD evacuations, but ultimately had to walk away and leave everything to time and history. The intense close-quarters combat of the store aisles makes every decision important. Weapon selection is key, cover is essential to survival and every move has an impact. When facing your enemy, remember what the sign says: “Everything must go.”

Drydock – Much has been written about the beauty of Seran culture, but people often forget the backbone of industry upon which it all relies. This shipyard stands full of undelivered goods and the necessary tools of a society’s infrastructure. Its most prominent landmark is the rotting husk of a cargo ship that will forever stand in Drydock.

Gridlock – This ashen street was once a bustling tourist destination known for its quaint inns and waterfront cafés. Even the water is gone now, replaced by the burnt shell of a crater that stands as a testament to the loss of Seran humanity.

Hotel – Small island resorts such as this one catered to the opulent tastes of vacationing Serans. But as the Lambent infection spreads across the globe, tides are shifting to flood once popular beaches, and fierce winds batter and push at the walls of humanity’s creations.

Mercy – This area was once a bustling town square filled with people, but it never recovered from the UIR mortar shellings of the Pendulum Wars. Emergence soon followed, and the already heartbroken residents were shown no mercy by Locust forces, leading to an almost immediate evacuation. This large and open central square is surrounded on all sides by sheltered passageways and buildings. A raised dais yields powerful weaponry and a view of virtually everything within range, but the power located there must be hard-earned and well-protected to provide any lasting advantage.

Old Town – Several remote areas of Sera managed to stave off the impact of Emergence for quite some time. Island towns such as this one were able to sustain themselves with small farms and a steady bounty from the ocean. But all good things must come to an end, and eventually they could hide no more. This is an excellent map for team-based play, with multiple areas that are well-suited to both attack and defense scenarios. A well-executed plan will often reap great rewards, and an enemy caught unaware can be flushed into a trap like a chicken free of its coop.

Overpass – As the Lambent infection spreads across Sera, the planet is quite literally falling apart. And as the substrata beneath this forgotten overpass begin to disintegrate, the entire city block is collapsing along with it, sliding into a vast underground cavern. Head for the high ground or you just might slide along with it. Battles in this highly dynamic map often focus around the elevated Overpass, where teams can hole up and take advantage of the protected position and emplaced weaponry located there. But gaining the high ground can also be a trap, as the team left below will most a.ssuredly use mortars and orbital lasers to regain their lost footing.

Sandbar – This observation post once had a commanding view of the distant horizon. Never threatened, it was thought to be impenetrable due to its unpredictable coastline and the constant shifting of sandbars along the shallow water of the coastline. And it never did fall; it was simply abandoned when humanity fled from a threat that nobody could ever see coming.

Thrashball – This stadium was once home to a different sort of national hero, one who fought for honor and glory, instead of scrambling for survival. The invigorating roar of the crowd has been replaced by the melancholy moaning of wind in the empty stadium seats. Stadium matches are no longer restricted to the playing field, and the team that controls the concession stands earns a great advantage. The scoreboard still keeps track of every point earned, but its frayed support cables also make it a precarious trap for anyone foolish enough to run underneath it.

Trenches – The Locust have begun to carve mines and tunnels into the rocks of the Seran Deadlands, eking out any existence that resembles the underground passages of the Hollow they once called home. But this harsh environment is as relentless and unforgiving as any enemy they’ve ever had to face. The Locust Trenches are small and tight, with clean lines of sight across virtually the entire battlefield. The central hill leads to a fortified bunker with a strategically important vantage point. Once taken, it is rarely surrendered, unless opposing forces can manage to sneak up under the cover of a passing sandstorm that leaves everyone blind for a short while.

SEASON PASS

Available starting September 20th for 2400 Microsoft Points, you can purchase the Season Pass for Gears of War 3. This pre-pays your way to the first 4 DLC's that release, giving you a 33% discount in doing so. Also as an added bonus, you get an exclusive set of weapon skins, the Liquid Metal set.

PRESS REVIEWS

Giantbomb.com - 5/5
Joystiq.com - 5/5
Eurogamer - 8/10
The Koalition - 10/10
The Guardian - 5/5
Digital Spy - 5/5
Gametrailers.com - 9.4/10
TheSixthAxis - 9/10
VideoGamer.com - 9/10
The Escapist - 4/5
GamingExcellence - 9.5
IGN.com - 9/10
Gamespot.com - 9.5/10
Gamer365 (Hungary) - 9/10
Resena (Mexico) - 9.5/10
Destructoid.com - 8/10
1up.com - A-
Gameswelt - 91%
Edge - 9/10 :O
GamesTM - 9/10
OXM US - 10/10
OXM UK - 9/10
XBOX360A - 97%
Planetxbox360 - 10/10
G4tv.com - 5/5
Gameinformer.com - 9.5/10
EGM - 10/10

Last edited by PR0TENTIAL; 09-15-2011 at 03:35 PM..

1000 comments for "* The Official Gears of War 3 Thread *"

7 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Microsoft has announced a September 20 global release date for Epic's Gears of War 3.

The third person shooter was originally due to launch in April 2011, but its launch was pushed back until the autumn.

Executive producer Rod Fergusson told us at the time that the Xbox 360 exclusive's delay was "a business decision" and not "a quality issue", adding that the game was on track to be the most polished Gears title yet.

02-23-2011, 10:27 AM         #3
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GEARS OF WAR 3 BETA - FAQ

Q: Is this a free-for-all public Beta? What are the different ways to gain entry?
A: The Beta is exclusive to fans that have pre-ordered any of the three versions of Gears of War 3 from or purchased the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm. If a participating retailer isn’t in your area, purchasing the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm is the best way to gain access to the Beta.

Q: Will I need an Xbox LIVE Gold account to participate in the Gears of War 3 Beta?
A: Yes. Both an Xbox LIVE gold Gold account and an Internet connection are required in order to participate.

Q: Does Beta XP carry over to the full version of Gears of War 3?
A: Beta XP does not carry over but the Beta medal and title, as well as Flaming weapons, Thrashball Cole, and the Gold-Plated Retro lancer do carry over if you unlock them during the Beta period. for information on each of the Beta unlockables.

Q: What time will Beta access go live on the 18th and 25th?
A: We’re currently targeting 9:00 a.m. Eastern time on April 18th for Bulletstorm Epic Edition users and 9:00 a.m. Eastern on April 25th for Gears of War per-order users. Times are subject to change, so be sure to and for updated information.

Q: Will the Gears of War 3 Beta support split screen play?
A: The Beta will not support split screen, but the final Gears of War 3 game releasing September 20th, 2011 will support two player horizontal split screen.

Q: What characters will I be able to play as during the Gears of War 3 Beta?
A: The following characters will be playable…

COG MODELS
1. Marcus
2. Dom
3. Anya
4. Cole
5. Baird
6. Thrashball Cole
7. Prescott (CTL only)

LOCUST MODELS
1. Standard Drone
2. Savage Grenadier
3. Flame Grenadier
4. Kantus
5. Savage Theron
6. Myrrah (CTL only)

Q: I have two gamertags set up on the same console. Will I be able to play the Gears of War 3 Beta using both gamertags with one code or will I need a code for each gamertag?

A: Only one Beta code is needed for multiple gamertags on a console. Once the Beta has been downloaded, any gamertag that has access to the HD will be able to play.

Bulletstorm Epic Edition Access FAQ

Q: If I got into the Beta by purchasing Bulletstorm Epic Edition, will I get to play in full Beta or just one week?
A: Bulletstorm players get a one week head start beginning April 18th and can play through the remaining three weeks as well for a total of four weeks of Beta play.

Q: If I’m accessing the Beta via Bulletstorm Epic Edition, will I need my Bulletstorm disc to participate?
A: Yes, you will need your Bulletstorm disc the full four weeks in order to have sustained Beta access.

Gears of War 3 Pre-order Access FAQ

Q: What are the details of the three different versions of Gears of War 3 now available for pre-order?
A: We haven’t announced details of each edition just yet. or for the latest information available.

Q: I pre-ordered Gears of War 3 before I realized there would be multiple editions. Can I upgrade my pre-order?
A: Absolutely! Be sure to contact the retailer with which you placed a pre-order in order to upgrade.

Q: If I already pre-ordered Gears of War 3 from Gamestop before the Beta announcement, am I still eligible for the Beta?
A: Yes, Gamestop will hand out codes to all fans who have pre-ordered the game.

Q: Where can I find a list of retailers who offer access to the Gears of War 3 Beta via pre-order?
A: to see the full list of retailers, as well as exclusive Beta unlockables.

Last edited by PR0TENTIAL; 08-31-2011 at 07:10 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #4
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Well f**k yo official thread -)
 7 years ago '05        #5
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Nice we in that beta son
 7 years ago '06        #6
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
September20 is just right for me ,there's enough games in my home.
 7 years ago '06        #7
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
Should this be in the xbox section though?
 7 years ago '04        #8
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Better than the October or November I was expecting. The real question is when can we get in on this beta?
 7 years ago '05        #9
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25143 25143
If Yall Going Make Official Game Threads. Please Keep The Updates In The First Post....I Don't Wanna Go Searching Pages For s**t,Thank You.
 7 years ago '06        #10
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1101 1101
Hopefully they drop beta news soon. Bulletstorm owners get 'early access' to the beta; what does this mean? How else will the beta be available?
 7 years ago '09        #11
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,363 | Props total: 2729 2729
i coulnt post the whole article because im using a Ps3 but here you Go!

The most anticipated game of 2011 arrives Sept 20th! Get the Gears of War 3 (RP) announcement details:

:dancingcool::agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #12
abdullah 
space
space
$2,935 | Props total: 284 284
hope they stick to this date.
 7 years ago '09        #13
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
They Better stick to this date, i cant wait much longer
 7 years ago '04        #14
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
 Fresh Whyte said:
If Yall Going Make Official Game Threads. Please Keep The Updates In The First Post....I Don't Wanna Go Searching Pages For s**t,Thank You.
Per your request, Denied. Beta news will be released on or before (mid) March so expect it by then. Also, the beta will start around April but can't confirm anything :)
 7 years ago '04        #15
Kazel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 453 453
Damn, September?
 7 years ago '05        #16
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,162 | Props total: 18436 18436
Saaaayyyy what??? Sept 20th:dancingcool:

I hope this sticks tho..MK, LA Noire, Gears3 are really all im lookin for this year.
 7 years ago '09        #17
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
Thanks for merging the threads Kegar, props given. i This is Gonna be a good year for games:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '05        #18
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
just got my beta code for 15 off ebay which basicly i paid 5 dollars for someone to buy it for me I mean the spec. edition cost 10 extra to get the code but i subtracted the 50 dollars of bad game (yes tested i dont like) epic for trying to push one of your crap titles the same day kz3 comes out by making it the way to get in the beta of the only beta anyone who has a 360 wants. s**t only reason i got a 360 again was in preperation for this game. Ill be on that s**t beginning to end unless its as bad as 2.
GT Sinevitable024

hopefully the announcement coming tomorrow about the beta will be the date it goes live, and hopefully its a lot sooner than later...

Last edited by TheInevitable24; 02-23-2011 at 07:26 PM..
 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM         #19
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheInevitable24 said:
just got my beta code for 15 off ebay which basicly i paid 5 dollars for someone to buy it for me I mean the spec. edition cost 10 extra to get the code but i subtracted the 50 dollars of bad game epic for trying to push one of your crap titles the same day kz3 comes out by making it the way to get in the beta of the only beta anyone who has a 360 wants. s**t only reason i got a 360 again was in preperation for this game. Ill be on that s**t beginning to end unless its as bad as 2 of coarse.
GT Sinevitable024

hopefully the announcement coming tomorrow about the beta will be the date it goes live, and hopefully its a lot sooner than later...
#1. Bulletstorm is NOT a bad game.
#2. That Beta Code you purchased is for the Bulletstorm EPIC Edition. The codes they are giving out for the second phase hasn't even begun yet.
#3. You spent $15 for nothing, unless you plan on renting or buying Bulletstorm once the beta is live.
 7 years ago '04        #20
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 KEGAR said:
#1. Bulletstorm is NOT a bad game.
#2. That Beta Code you purchased is for the Bulletstorm EPIC Edition. The codes they are giving out for the second phase hasn't even begun yet.
#3. You spent $15 for nothing, unless you plan on renting or buying Bulletstorm once the beta is live.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago