Nuggets close in on deal to send Melo to Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-21-2011, 05:31 AM         #1
5618 pageviews
111 comments

bigbrooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nuggets close in on deal to send Melo to Knicks

[pic - click to view]

LOS ANGELES — The Nuggets appear to be closing in on a deal to trade star forward Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks.
The teams talked through the weekend and are working out the final details of what would be a blockbuster trade. NBA commissioner David Stern did not want a major trade announced on the day of the All-Star Game.

While final details were still being negotiated, the latest trade offer includes New York sending guard Raymond Felton, forwards Wilson Chand-ler and Danilo Gallinari, centers Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman, according to NBA sources.
"I said I hoped to have a word by today, one way or another," Anthony said Sunday after the All-Star Game at the Staples Center. "I've been up early dealing with this and all the festivities, but the night is still young on this side (of the country)."

Nuggets officials are also talking about a megadeal with the New Jersey Nets, but that trade is less likely because Anthony hasn't indicated he would sign a contract extension to make it happen. Anthony will sign the extension to play for the Knicks.

"I haven't talked to anybody today from the Denver Nuggets organization," Anthony said after the game, "so as of right now, I'm still a Nugget."
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov appeared to be all but bowing out of the competition Sunday, telling CNBC that he met with Anthony over the weekend in part to get the rival Knicks to increase their offer to Denver.

"I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said.
Anthony met with Prokhorov, Nets minority owner Jay-Z and general manager Billy King late Saturday.

Asked at the Staples Center before the game if he had any news on a deal, Prokhorov said, "I don't care."

The NBA's trading deadline is Thursday at 1 p.m. Mountain time. But it's likely the Nuggets will trade Anthony in the next day or two, in part because it would give them more time to finish reshaping their roster by Thursday. They are looking to get younger, stock draft picks and have more overall roster flexibility.

Knicks management — MSG chairman James Dolan, team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni — was busy putting out brush fires Sunday that the Knicks were giving up too much for Anthony, releasing a statement to cool off rampant speculation that there was disagreement in the ranks.

"We want to make it abundantly clear that we have been in constant communication throughout this process and the three of us are in complete agreement with everything that we are currently working on," the statement said. "Together, we will do what is best for the long-term success of the franchise."

The Nuggets play Memphis on Tuesday at the Pepsi Center. There is a slim chance Anthony will be present that night in a Nuggets uniform.
"Yeah, of course," Anthony said when asked about playing Tuesday against the Grizzlies. "As of right now."

Anthony had eight points and seven rebounds for the West all-stars. He maintained throughout All-Star Weekend that he didn't know where trade talks stood, but hoped to have a resolution by the time he left Los Angeles.

"I still enjoyed this weekend, regardless of what was going on and what has been said," Anthony

Denver's Carmelo Anthony scored eight points Sunday in the All-Star Game. said.

He could soon be playing for the Knicks, with all-star center Amar'e Stoudemire his teammate.

"I'm not sure what the logistics are, but I think it's pretty much in Denver's hands," Stoudemire said Sunday. "So we are just waiting on them."

The Knicks' next game is Wednesday against Milwaukee, which is billed as "Legends Night" at Madison Square Garden.

Added Stoudemire: "We are playing well right now. We definitely can improve. I'm not the GM. We have to take it upon ourselves to get better. Until something happens, it's on us to really take that next step."

Anthony ranks third in Nuggets history in points scored (13,970) and is in the franchise's top 10 in games played (564), steals (634), 3-point field goals (410) and rebounds (3,566).
Billups would leave the Nuggets for the second time and be part of a New York team that could be in a position to not just make a playoff run but make noise. At 28-26, the Knicks are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference.

The Nuggets (32-25) begin the second half of the season in seventh place in the Western Conference. Four of their next five games are at home.

[pic - click to view]

Nuggets close in on deal to send Melo to Knicks - The Denver Post

111 comments for "Nuggets close in on deal to send Melo to Knicks"

7 years ago '06        #2
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
So one of the deals will be announced on Monday or Tuesday? .. He may aswell have a decision thing like lebron
 7 years ago '04        #3
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
I'd rather keep Gallo. They can have Fields. Knicks will be a instant contender if this goes thru.
 7 years ago '06        #4
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
So it will be Melo, Fields and Amare if this goes through. Toney Douglas is a decent player but this squad would need a lot of work. Isiah screwed the Knicks plans up .. Everything Walsh done was wasted now that they are blowing up their roster.
 7 years ago '10        #5
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
Knicks lost.

Giving up everyone for melo. Wowwwwwwwwwwww
 7 years ago '06        #6
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,684 | Props total: 8636 8636
man they gave up too many but I guess they can pull some players to the knicks next year.
 7 years ago '10        #7
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 marcusaka50 said:
man they gave up too many but I guess they can pull some players to the knicks next year.
Two players making a combined 40 million yearly. Good luck filling out the roster after the new Cba. Do the Knicks really need Carmelo lol. You have enough scoring. Sign a center and back up pg. And let Chandler fields gallow and Timmy develop while Felton and amare lead.
 7 years ago '04        #8
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,725 | Props total: 13120 13120
 RtodaAV said:
Two players making a combined 40 million yearly. Good luck filling out the roster after the new Cba. Do the Knicks really need Carmelo lol. You have enough scoring. Sign a center and back up pg. And let Chandler fields gallow and Timmy develop while Felton and amare lead.
Amen brother
 7 years ago '06        #9
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,684 | Props total: 8636 8636
 RtodaAV said:
Yea I dont understand why billups is even in the trade but they can buy him out or trade him.

I dont know why knicks trying to please denver anyway. Give them Curry, 1st round pick, and one player. What choice do denver have.
 7 years ago '06        #10
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
Isiah and Dolan .. This whole situation is disgusting.. The trade was pushed for by them when ya'll could have waited if you really felt you needed Melo. I still believe also the Knicks are better off without Melo. They need to sign back-up players and a build a stronger front court (centers)
 7 years ago '09        #11
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,076 | Props total: 22520 22520
good work knicks, your finally making moves to not be just another subpar .500 team in the league, the east at that.
 7 years ago '09        #12
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
Fucck that trade
 7 years ago '09        #13
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
Knicks need to get NENE thrown in someway cuz im not losing all my bigs for f**king nothing gimmie NENE or f**k u Denver I mean come on u getting my expiring and a first round u giving up NENE and i'd try to get birdman 2
 7 years ago '04        #14
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,381 | Props total: 11715 11715
Nuggets lost they aint gonna be in the playoffs for awhile all they had to do was wait till next year for free agency. I still dont understand why Melo is leaving the west.
 7 years ago '07        #15
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
knicks should push for a bigman at the last minute...they are giving up madd starters as it is
 7 years ago '05        #16
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
The Knicks clearly don't realize they have the upper hand here. That's sad.
 7 years ago '09        #17
jholla2k 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 2 2
 ozWinston said:
good work knicks, your finally making moves to not be just another subpar .500 team in the league, the east at that.

Exactly!!!! anybody who doesnt want this trade must not have been watching knick basketball the last 10 years!!! I mean we have a chance to instantly improve our team from average probably get swept in da first round too now we can go deeper in da playoffs.... I mean we givin up alot but if thats wat it takes to win NOW then fuk it

7 years ago '05        #18
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
Dammnnnn, and mozgov?

Shiiiiit, like are we really winning the ship this year.

I say we take out gallo, and mozgov.

If not, wait till the offseason or let the nets get him.
 7 years ago '05        #19
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
We know all of this. When will it actually happen?
 7 years ago '04        #20
ThomasGunz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,869 | Props total: 4620 4620
 Jabo1091 said:
Dammnnnn, and mozgov?

Shiiiiit, like are we really winning the ship this year.

I say we take out gallo, and mozgov.

If not, wait till the offseason or let the nets get him.

Obviously were not gonna keep Chandler after this year, so I'm good with him in any deal... but to give up Felton (who is better than Billups at this point) and Gallo, plus our big that has a lot of potential (mozgov) is f**king ridiculous. Its just too much.... atleast get birdman or someone else besides Sheldom Parker
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now