Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
5740 pageviews
78 comments

RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18977 18977
Feb 20 - Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say

[pic - click to view]

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A growing, more affluent population competing for ever scarcer resources could make for an "unrecognizable" world by 2050, researchers warned at a major US science conference Sunday.

The United Nations has predicted the global population will reach seven billion this year, and climb to nine billion by 2050, "with almost all of the growth occurring in poor countries, particularly Africa and South Asia," said John Bongaarts of the non-profit Population Council.

To feed all those mouths, "we will need to produce as much food in the next 40 years as we have in the last 8,000," said Jason Clay of the World Wildlife Fund at the annual meeting of the American a.ssociation for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

"By 2050 we will not have a planet left that is recognizable" if current trends continue, Clay said.

The swelling population will exacerbate problems, such as resource depletion, said John Casterline, director of the Initiative in Population Research at Ohio State University.
But incomes are also expected to rise over the next 40 years -- tripling globally and quintupling in developing nations -- and add more strain to global food supplies.

People tend to move up the food chain as their incomes rise, consuming more meat than they might have when they made less money, the experts said.

It takes around seven pounds (3.4 kilograms) of grain to produce a pound of meat, and around three to four pounds of grain to produce a pound of cheese or eggs, experts told AFP.

"More people, more money, more consumption, but the same planet," Clay told AFP, urging scientists and governments to start making changes now to how food is produced.

Population experts, meanwhile, called for more funding for family planning programs to help control the growth in the number of humans, especially in developing nations.

"For 20 years, there's been very little investment in family planning, but there's a return of interest now, partly because of the environmental factors like global warming and food prices," said Bongaarts.

"We want to minimize population growth, and the only viable way to do that is through more effective family planning," said Casterline.

[pic - click to view]

Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say - Yahoo! News

78 comments for "Feb 20 - Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say"

7 years ago '10        #2
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
 Laduerb22 said:
We could just poison the food we send to Africa, then our problem would be solved.
and lol at wanting to minimize population growth.
 7 years ago '05        #3
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 Laduerb22 said:
We could just poison the food we send to Africa, then our problem would be solved.
thats very true. its a shame your wh0ore of a mother didnt poison herself while brea$t feeding you, two birds with one stone.
 7 years ago '04        #4
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,899 | Props total: 2011 2011
 Rapjunkie said:
thats very true. its a shame your wh0ore of a mother didnt poison herself while brea$t feeding you, two birds with one stone.
 7 years ago '06        #5
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
Currently, you could fit the entire population into the state of Texas alone, no problem. With living space.

#JustSaying.
 02-20-2011, 05:12 PM         #6
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CuZzA said:
Currently, you could fit the entire population into the state of Texas alone, no problem. With living space.

#JustSaying.
source
 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM         #7
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
exactly.

source pronto cuz im calling BS
 7 years ago '10        #8
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 11210 11210
 CuZzA said:

#JustSaying.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #9
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 4552 4552
there is more than enough food on teh planet to feed 9 billion people. the reason people starve is because they cant afford the food. Its f**ked up but thats the reality. theres no 'food shortage' theres a shortage of money for people to buy food. Thyese crooked a.ss maf**kas.

y'all need to look up monsanto and see what these guys are doing to common farmers. s**t is disgusting..
 7 years ago '06        #10
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 Rapjunkie said:
 7 years ago '07        #11
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,345 | Props total: 390 390
best way to reduce population growth is to improve social and economic conditions in developing nations. until then we'll see the same trends continue.
 7 years ago '04        #12
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,326 | Props total: 2476 2476
 CuZzA said:

#JustSaying.

7 years ago '04        #13
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 5050 5050
 CuZzA said:

#JustSaying.
 7 years ago '05        #14
WESTPHILLY7 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 26 26
 CuZzA said:

#JustSaying.
hes right, if each person takes up roughly a square foot. texas is about 7 billion square feet, thats crazy. i always thought we were running out of room. i guess thats from living in the city.
 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM         #15
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WESTPHILLY7 said:
hes right, if each person takes up roughly a square foot. texas is about 7 billion square feet, thats crazy. i always thought we were running out of room. i guess thats from living in the city.
doesnt mean much if you need every acre of arable land on earth to feed them.
 7 years ago '11        #16
SergDMV 
space
space
$202 | Props total: 0 0
i have a feeling that a world population regulation plan will secretly move into effect within the next 20 years. maybe its just me.. keep your eyes open for hit squads and false invitations, jus sayin..

Last edited by SergDMV; 02-22-2011 at 11:57 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #17
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,345 | Props total: 390 390
 Laduerb22 said:
Sorry that you have a soft side for worthless spear chuckering ******s that are bottom feeding off of others. f**k them and more importantly f**k you. Your just as worthless as them. If you have a solution to this problem I want to hear it. Otherwise shut the f**k up and hop off my d!ck.
spoken like a true uneducated idiot.
 7 years ago '07        #18
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,403 | Props total: 21551 21551
 Da Bawse n*gga said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #19
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 Laduerb22 said:
Sorry that you have a soft side for worthless spear chuckering ******s that are bottom feeding off of others. f**k them and more importantly f**k you. Your just as worthless as them. If you have a solution to this problem I want to hear it. Otherwise shut the f**k up and hop off my d!ck.

well, speaking in such a way that promotes such ignorant lines of thought is what i have a soft side for. its a shame that problem solving and critical thinking will never be among the seemingly limited amount of actions your brain is capable of.

and for the record, its spear "chucking" i love it when idiots arent even good racists...

now cue the bananas.
 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM         #20
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Exactly, there is no shortage. That shiit is made up like the diamond supply. They can build skyscrapers to grow food with hydroponics. Skyscrapers for people to live in comfortably.

They say they can clone meat now, they say we can eat insects. W'sup??? Let's move forward.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy