LeBron to NBA owners : "What did you think you were getting into?"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 sunn4511 said:
you dont get it, what you are saying has nothing to do with owners/athletes but rather society as a whole. last time i check owners are getting paid, athletes are getting paid because fans are stupid enough to pay ridiculous amount for tickets.the food and drinks are very expensive and you pay on average 20.00 just to park your vehicle. consumers in this country cannot exercise their rights because we have been programmed.
That was my point from the get-go. Just mentioning all these 8 figure contracts and who's worth only $6M or $15M, etc. sparked up my thought.
 7 years ago '05        #82
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
 agony8 said:
just because the league been like that for years doesnt mean its wrong or needs changing...

joakim noah making 13 million a year...

dudes worth maybe 6...
He may not be worth the money, but I'd rather see him pocketing the money instead of these billionaire team owners. Who the f**k is really worth $13 million? IMO, none of these dudes are worth it. The owners are the responsible party for the salary being so high in the first place. Whenever they pay a player "the highest contract ever" such as KG or Shaq, it just raises the bar for the next best player. Don't pay a player $125 for 8 years and then complain.
 7 years ago '05        #83
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 Hold That said:
Lets say you are an investment banker for Goldmen Sachs,one of their top 3 employee's someone who's invested and generated millions into the company.. Are you saying it's wrong for you to try and negotiate a deal with Golden Sachs too increase your salary compared to what some of the other investment bankers at Merrill Lynch,JP Morgen etc.. are making.. Is it wrong for a man trying to get the absolute value of what he is currently worth on the market in HIS PROFFESION? Because this IS in fact their job and lively hood. This blame falls strictly on the owners.. Owners have to pay out the a.ss for players who arent worth because why? There's always ONE other owner who is more than willing to over pay for said player..
There for it's an on going cycle.. So who's fault is that? If all the owners in the league actually had the balls to not offer crazy deals to these players and stand up for themselves then none of this s**t wouldn't happen. NONE.
But this is an impossibility and would ruin the league completely. 'Having the balls to not offer crazy deals' is simply not possible. Why would it be? There's a handful of owners who could care less about how much they pay a player, with eyes only on winning. Meanwhile there's a large majority who are trying to run a team, make some money, and maybe win. This means there's a handful of owners who have no issue with not 'having the balls' to not offer crazy contracts, but simply couldn't care less about their pay roll. And if the other teams want to keep up with those owners, they can't afford NOT to give out big contracts, of face putting a team on the court each night that consists of a bunch of Udonis Haslem's and Jose Calderons who have no chance of competing with super teams funded by owners with no financial woes.

The only way for this system to truly work is to have 30 owners who own teams purely out of love for the game and wanting to win. It's completely unrealistic of course. All I'm saying is, if I had multiple billions of dollars in my bank account, I couldn't care less if I lost a few million each year while getting to put Lebron James and Dwyane Wade on MY homecourt each night. I just wish more owners could adopt that attitude. It should be a billionaire's hobby rather than an investment.
 7 years ago '04        #84
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 agony8 said:
just because the league been like that for years doesnt mean its wrong or needs changing...

joakim noah making 13 million a year...

dudes worth maybe 6...
and who in the mother f$uck do you think you are to determine that you stupid peasant?

noah makes every dollar he earned because an owner was WILLING to pay him for his services...
 02-20-2011, 09:06 PM         #85
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
about the same as noah...+/- half a mill...in that ball park...neither of them is worth more than 6.5 million a year...

rashard lewis...

im not saying the owners are totally right but it all needs to get fixed n if it does, we as fans benefit the most...prices can come down on attending games because the owners wont be trying to make up for lost money on our dime(beers/ticket prices, etc)...
baketball isnt all about offense you dummy. Perkins is a defensive monster, the best defensive man to man defender in the league. Thats why hes making what he makes. Hes not replaceable from a defensive stand point. Only other center you could replace perkins defensively would be howard or noah
 7 years ago '04        #86
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 agony8 said:
i am a fan who sees his value as half of what he is making...
you arent a "fan" of noah, your a hater/idiot
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy