Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
59 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
43 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 02-20-2011, 05:03 PM         #62
Gho5t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A bunch of greedy a.ss mother f**kers is what this boils down to. Does the f**kin nba even have a salary cap?
 7 years ago '10        #63
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
 agony8 said:
just because the league been like that for years doesnt mean its wrong or needs changing...

joakim noah making 13 million a year...

dudes worth maybe 6...
thats their fault for giving him that much. stop over paying for players it's that simple
 7 years ago '07        #64
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
If you ask me, no NBA player is worth more than 15M a season.
 7 years ago '08        #65
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 108 108
 agony8 said:
hows ur wife n MY kid doing...

f**kboy...

[pic - click to view]

02-20-2011, 05:13 PM         #66
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
your mother made a terrible decision in not swallowing
 02-20-2011, 05:18 PM         #67
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DERRTY CHYBO said:
this. a non guaranteed contract doesn't even make sense especially in their business with all the injuries.
Thats exactly the reason a guaranteed contract makes sense.... y u gunna pay a dude that cant play??
 7 years ago '04        #68
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 m-f said:
If you ask me, no NBA player is worth more than 15M a season.
Hell, I don't think they should be making over $1M period All sports industries are extremely inflated.

I don't mean to get on a soapbox, but I don't think athletes should be making 8 figures, when there are doctors (for example) who aren't even making $100K a year and are in debt to medical school(s) for the rest of their lives.

With that said, I can't hate on anyone making the kind of money they do, I'd take it. But I don't get how y'all can argue who's worth $6M or $15M... as if TWO million dollars won't hold over the average American for possibly DECADES. I used to play football, if I chose to pursue it professionally (and was successful), I'd sh-t bricks just making $1M a year, let alone $100M over a 5 year span.
 7 years ago '04        #69
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
I don't know why they don't lower the amount of guaranteed money...and then just have heavy incentive laden contracts...

like for instance lets' say Lebron needs to resign... guarantee him another 5 years for say $10 million a year...then if eh makes League MVP he get's 2 million each time, team makes the finals he gets' say $1 million each game of the finals for that year so if it goes 7 games he gets 7 million extra that year..if he's scoring leader he gets $500,000 grand and s**t like that...would make the players work harder to perform better and at higher levels...and the league would be saving money...and if you as a player can't live off a guaranteed 50 million then you need to get rid of your entourage and yes man and reevaluate your pathetic life...
 7 years ago '05        #70
Hold That 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 RYLNYC said:
Hell, I don't think they should be making over $1M period All sports industries are extremely inflated.

I don't mean to get on a soapbox, but I don't think athletes should be making 8 figures, when there are doctors (for example) who aren't even making $100K a year and are in debt to medical school(s) for the rest of their lives.

With that said, I can't hate on anyone making the kind of money they do, I'd take it. But I don't get how y'all can argue who's worth $6M or $15M... as if TWO million dollars won't hold over the average American for possibly DECADES. I used to play football, if I chose to pursue it professionally (and was successful), I'd sh-t bricks just making $1M a year, let alone $100M over a 5 year span.
Ok the doctor arguement is fine.. But some would argue that LeBron is underpaid. Face of the entire NBA, generates MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars.. Increased a franchises worth by 200 million.. And you saying players like that should only be paid 1mil?

We live in America where people pay for entertainment or to be entertained. Alot of these players are paid their worth.. I'd be pissed if I saw a stadium full of fans wearing my jersey because they like ME, and I'm getting no money from that, and it goes directly into the owners pockets.. A owner that if he was walking down the street nobody would recognize.. Someone who just had enough money to "franchise a team, and nothing more than that"
 7 years ago '05        #71
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
 agony8 said:
yeah because lebron makes great decisions...

his team is gonna finish first in the east so...
 7 years ago '04        #72
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Actually what they should do is for every Derrick Rose or any athlete jersey sold authentic or fake... Rose should get a certain percentage, the league should get a percentage, the Team Rose plays for should get a percentage and the company who made the clothes should get a percentage...so do that like 25% for each of them... everyone gets paid then do the contracts like I said in my last post...
 7 years ago '06        #73
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
there should be guidelines that each player has to live up to in order to get paid...
 02-20-2011, 06:02 PM         #74
Mknott22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at the same time it gives the players some stability knowing that their contract is guaranteed unlike football
 7 years ago '05        #75
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
Man who the hell are u ppl to say how much they get paid
This s**t not easy sounds like some dumb a.ss fans
 7 years ago '05        #76
Gateway972 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,688 | Props total: 343 343
Whats crazy is yall are faulting the palyers i can ask for anything it dosent mean they should give it to me my worth is determined by how much someone will pay me so if im making 13 mil a year then im worth 13 mil
 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM         #77
Chip Tha Ripper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
yeah because lebron makes great decisions...

/thread
 7 years ago '04        #78
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Hold That said:
Ok the doctor arguement is fine.. But some would argue that LeBron is underpaid. Face of the entire NBA, generates MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars.. Increased a franchises worth by 200 million.. And you saying players like that should only be paid 1mil?

We live in America where people pay for entertainment or to be entertained. Alot of these players are paid their worth.. I'd be pissed if I saw a stadium full of fans wearing my jersey because they like ME, and I'm getting no money from that, and it goes directly into the owners pockets.. A owner that if he was walking down the street nobody would recognize.. Someone who just had enough money to "franchise a team, and nothing more than that"
 sunn4511 said:
the stars bring the fans,and the fans open their wallet. its as simple as abc. i doubt people go to basketball games to stare at owners and gms.
Y'all misunderstood, I didn't mean JUST the players are getting overpaid, I think sports industries in general make too much money. So when I say an athlete could live off making $1M/year, in a perfect world, GMs would be making like $100K/year.

Obviously that's not the case nor will it ever happen, but I think way too much of our money (both individually and collectively as a nation) revolves around sports entertainment. Relatively speaking, since GMs and old white dudes ARE making millions on millions off of this, I do agree athletes are getting what they deserve.

I just don't get how you can be offered $6M/year and demand more as if $6M can't take care of your entire family for a long a.ss time. I don't mean to get preachy though, it is what it is.
 7 years ago '04        #79
J-Flexxx 
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
there needs to be more of a hard cap and I think they could make it more of a 50-50 thing between the teams and owners. If you own a business, you would know that you have to get more of the pie because not only do the players get that big a.ss salary, but the ORGANIZATION also pays for the nice hotels, insurance premiums, and other employees salaries in the organization (sometimes even the arena employees).

All these trade exceptions, bird rights, etc have got things all f**ked up. And then there's the coaches......there are teams that are paying 3 coaches at the same time because they fired them and then hired another. The teams play musical chairs with their coaches. Eddie Curry, Marbury, Steve Francis, Rashard Lewis and many other stupid contracts have really exposed the league
 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM         #80
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
hows ur wife n MY kid doing...

f**kboy...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics