Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
Hold That 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12556 12556
 timdog said:
but at the same time you dont have to overpay a player like rahsard lewis just cuz of some nice numbers he put up he is not worth it joe johnson not i can name alot of players who arent worth it just some owners who fall fo it and over pay thats on them

football is different agreed when have the players had a voice
Not one NBA owner would have given that n*gga Joe Johnson the max.. Only ATL did some dumb s**t like that.. I can't even fault Joe Johnson for that.. I'm not even sure if that n*gga even asked for max or thought he was deserving of it.. Atlanta didn't even negotiate, it seems like they just said "JJ here's the max, now please don't go test the market"..

That falls on the owners..

As far as the Shard contract I agree, thats why I hope theres more incentive based contracts, structured around that players specialty.. Like Shard has to maintain a certain 3 point % on X amount of shots in order to achieve X amount of dollars. And player bonuses for making All-Star games or helping the team make it to the ECF etc.. Or like a player like NOah.. He has to be top 5 in rebounding every year to recieve x amount of dollars.. things like that.
 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM         #42
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't see how its possible to blame the players for accepting contracts that are being offered to them...
 7 years ago '05        #43
space
space
 agony8 said:
i think me n u need to change majors n go handle this business that they cant...
I'm not saying anything any more special than whats already been said.. The thing is both of these sides have major ego's.. Players obviously, and the extremely wealthy owners who also have ego's...

What I think they should do what the NFL has done is higher a mediator for the two sides, in other words a middle man so ego's wont get involved to much.. NFL was smart with that.
 7 years ago '09        #44
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,413 | Props total: 12353 12353
My only issue is the reason owners overpay these guys is because they know somebody else will and they have to whatever possible to keep competitive teams out there so fans come out. So, then the owners of bad teams have to really overpay so they can just get half empty arenas nightly. If the owners would just get together and stop that s**t then it would be a lot better. The only way to do that is with hard caps, transition/franchise tags and less guaranteed contracts. If an owner knows he can negotiate solely with his player instead of a bidding war then the contracts stay down.
Then, if they lose them to someone else after the fact they get some good automatic compensation for them and don't see them walk like LeBron or Shaq did in Orlando.

Here is the best part of it all. All these players idol MJ is now an owner and the main one against their movement to keep things as they are financially for players. Is it because he never got all the money these guys are getting and is jealous or he's looking out for his bottom line.
 7 years ago '07        #45
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,463 | Props total: 14912 14912
 Hold That said:
Not one NBA owner would have given that n*gga Joe Johnson the max.. Only ATL did some dumb s**t like that.. I can't even fault Joe Johnson for that.. I'm not even sure if that n*gga even asked for max or thought he was deserving of it.. Atlanta didn't even negotiate, it seems like they just said "JJ here's the max, now please don't go test the market"..

As far as the Shard contract I agree, thats why I hope theres more incentive based contracts, structured around that players specialty.. Like Shard has to maintain a certain 3 point % on X amount of shots in order to achieve X amount of dollars. And player bonuses for making All-Star games or helping the team make it to the ECF etc.. Or like a player like NOah.. He has to be top 5 in rebounding every year to recieve x amount of dollars.. things like that.
agreed at least do that but like i say if your going to put a 120 million dollar contract in front of a guy and you know he not worth thats on that ownership can you really blame the player
 7 years ago '09        #46
space
space
Oh yeah as with the football owners, these owners aren't getting their main money from the nba. The vast majority of them counting profit and money elsewhere and just use the NBA for some profit and such. Most owners don't clear a profit every year and if they do most times it's small(in millionaire terms).

I think the huge contracts in sports need to be reigned in some because if it can only go up from there how long until a player is making 40mil a season and in order to take your family out to a game you have to take out a loan at a bank.
 7 years ago '07        #47
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
My only issue is the reason owners overpay these guys is because they know somebody else will and they have to whatever possible to keep competitive teams out there so fans come out. So, then the owners of bad teams have to really overpay so they can just get half empty arenas nightly. If the owners would just get together and stop that s**t then it would be a lot better. The only way to do that is with hard caps, transition/franchise tags and less guaranteed contracts. If an owner knows he can negotiate solely with his player instead of a bidding war then the contracts stay down.
Then, if they lose them to someone else after the fact they get some good automatic compensation for them and don't see them walk like LeBron or Shaq did in Orlando.

Here is the best part of it all. All these players idol MJ is now an owner and the main one against their movement to keep things as they are financially for players. Is it because he never got all the money these guys are getting and is jealous or he's looking out for his bottom line.

he made his money elsewhere and toward the end of his career was making 30 million a year they made a rule for that and the climate was different whats funny is if all these guys where his idol i wonder why they dont wanna play for the bobcats
 7 years ago '05        #48
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 agony8 said:
joakim noah making 13 million a year...

dudes worth maybe 6...

I'd take Joakim Noah and his contract any day of the week.
 7 years ago '09        #49
space
space
 timdog said:
he made his money elsewhere and toward the end of his career was making 30 million a year they made a rule for that and the climate was different whats funny is if all these guys where his idol i wonder why they dont wanna play for the bobcats
I know Jordan cleared hella money elsewhere but we see all the time athletes that played before now and even those that got what people considered large contracts in the mid to late 90's complaining about how players now may not be better than them and are making more in one contract than they made their whole career, Jordan included. Why you think they dropped 33 and 35 mil on him his last two years. They felt like he was wronged all those years as a great player and great draw at the gates but wasn't compensated nearly what he should have been.

Now, not only are guys maxing out with megadeals not as good as those players, they don't even sell out arenas like those guys did.
 7 years ago '07        #50
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Hold That said:

in a league thats already selfish u think thats a good idea lol.i can only imagine an arenas game if his money was tied to somthin like shot attempts lol.but nah
tha league needs to get shorter deals,and get a hard cap.agents ask for these crazy a.ss contracts cause they kno somebody can and will pay it.if owners werent able to pay,they wouldnt be able to ask
 7 years ago '07        #51
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I know Jordan cleared hella money elsewhere but we see all the time athletes that played before now and even those that got what people considered large contracts in the mid to late 90's complaining about how players now may not be better than them and are making more in one contract than they made their whole career, Jordan included. Why you think they dropped 33 and 35 mil on him his last two years. They felt like he was wronged all those years as a great player and great draw at the gates but wasn't compensated nearly what he should have been.

Now, not only are guys maxing out with megadeals not as good as those players, they don't even sell out arenas like those guys did.
i know thats why they did that they put a rule in for that

the owners are dumb to give players certain contracts

eddy curry
jared jeffries
shard lewis
joe johnson
travis outlaw

the list can go on.....
 7 years ago '07        #52
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Fly 2ndComing said:

jordan made more in a season than any guy in tha league eva
 7 years ago '07        #53
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,065 | Props total: 30364 30364
 Hold That said:
They asked LeBron to speak. Because his voice and opinion is a little more powerful than Keyon Doolings "who's the vp of the players union"... LeBron is pretty much the face of the product moving forward for the next 10 years.. He actually NEEDS to speak.. I'm not saying sit there and negotiate, but more so voice his opinion.
Granted.... but, there should be someone feeding him lines, and teaching him facts. Him, being the face, and basically insinuating that the owners are idiots... does not help.

Those kind of comments that he reportedly made, don't serve to help anything at all.... it serves only to p!ss off the opposite side.
 7 years ago '04        #54
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
They should get rid of guaranteed contracts though

it's basic common sense...if you get hired, you gotta live up to your salary, if you don't...you're fired and you ain't still getting paid
 7 years ago '04        #55
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,455 | Props total: 1239 1239
 agony8 said:
just because the league been like that for years doesnt mean its wrong or needs changing...

joakim noah making 13 million a year...

dudes worth maybe 6...
?????????

How is that the player's fault????

It's the person paying that contract who is at fault.

Come om now, use common sense.

Somebody come to you right now and says I'll pay you 10 million to do what you're doing right now, what are you going to do?
 7 years ago '04        #56
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,455 | Props total: 1239 1239
 timdog said:

eddy curry
jared jeffries
shard lewis
joe johnson
travis outlaw

the list can go on.....
Finally someone with sense
 7 years ago '09        #57
space
space
 timdog said:

eddy curry
jared jeffries
shard lewis
joe johnson
travis outlaw

the list can go on.....
The owners know they f**ked up which is why they are trying to fix the mistake with their new ideas as far as contracts and other stuff goes right now. If the owners get their way, we wont see anymore of those k!ller contracts and only the elite players would be the ones able to max out legitimately.
 7 years ago '10        #58
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13

if he cares so much why doesn't he rep the miami heat.
 7 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 RtodaAV said:

if he cares so much why doesn't he rep the miami heat.
Because he has his max deal and his old deal with be grandfathered into the new CBA.. so he's good... Honestly the 7th-14th men should be the ones raising their hands first, because they are the ones who will be effected the most.
 7 years ago '07        #60
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Why are people hating on the hard cap idea?

I know that no one gives a s**t about hockey on here... but look at how competitive the NHL is cause of the cap.

It gives every team a chance...instead of 2-4 teams battling every year and players all getting together to win.

Luxury tax is stupid
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago