Nba Logo Or Jordan Logo - Vote Now - (Stay Old or Go New)

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

The NBA logo - stay old or go new?
New logo w/ Jordan 83 47.98%
Current old logo w/ Jerry West 90 52.02%
Voters: 173. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
The league would have to pay Jordan for his image since it's a branded logo so it isnt happening. MJ would own a part of Stern's soul if he became the League's logo and had his logo on all NBA merchandise.
 7 years ago '05        #22
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 jj01 said:
im not sayin he wasnt good but to act like he was some goat player and logo worthy at that is absurd. the fact that he was a laker overrates him even more.

You are so pathetic
 7 years ago '10        #23
Smith262 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,912 | Props total: 319 319

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #24
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20863 20863
 jj01 said:
im not sayin he wasnt good but to act like he was some goat player and logo worthy at that is absurd. the fact that he was a laker overrates him even more.
goat player? no.

but at the time with the league was good but it needed a certain umph for fans to really get into. So Jerry west who was really popular & also happens to be white, gets selected to be the face of the league.

But for the topic question the more i think about it the more clear it gets for me. So the answer is nah keep it with jerry west. MJ already has his brand set up & everybody in the league pretty much still wants to imitate what he does & changing the logo to MJ is just gonna overload the league with Jordan.
 02-20-2011, 12:25 PM         #25
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
1 for 8 in the finals means u couldnt get it done when u had to. chuck,stock,malone and others get s**tted on because they never won but always overlook west. he only won when he had wilt and elgin.
he didn't have elgin that year Elgin retired 9 games into the year. If you are going to try and downplay the career of a legend at least get your facts right.
 7 years ago '09        #26
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
I think they should do away with player silhouettes as the logo anyway. That is mad disrespectful to the other thousands of players who played the game. Especially the players who feel they were better than West. I don't think there is one guy who you could say deserves it over another.
 7 years ago '08        #27
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276
 jj01 said:
he was a goat player then n is worthy of the logo. average 29 pts in the playoffs n 27 in the reg season. n yeah and no body wins by them self. you need at least 2 or 3 all stars to win a ring. you jordan stans really do think he did it alone is hilarious.
 7 years ago '09        #28
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,836 | Props total: 9008 9008
Im not sure....the Jumpman logo MAY be a more world wide recognized logo than the NBA
 7 years ago '05        #29
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
im more of an original type of dude... j west stays
 7 years ago '04        #30
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Anyone saying Jordan's logo should be the NBA logo should have been punched in their mother's stomach as a fetus.

Jerry West wasn't "chosen" as the logo by the NBA, he was used as a reference by the designer when he was designing multiple ones for the league to choose from.

You think the league should change its logo to the logo of a god damn BRAND NAME? You are f**king idiot and a slave to corporate branding.

jj01 said:
that west s**t is trash...he is one of the biggest losers of all time...lost more finals than anybody...and only won when he had wilt and a 69 win squad.
 jj01 said:
1 for 8 in the finals means u couldnt get it done when u had to. chuck,stock,malone and others get s**tted on because they never won but always overlook west. he only won when he had wilt and elgin.
I fail to comprehend how you could say something so incredibly stupid, yet not have seen a single minute of Jerry West's career.

Do you realize how dominant the Celtics were at that time? Jerry West averaged 47ppg in the finals one year and his team STILL lost. The Lakers had West & Baylor for most of the years. The Celtics had Russell, Havlicek, Cousy, Jones.. All Hall of Famers.

Almost every time the Lakers lost to the Celtics, it was West, Baylor and nobody else. How do you beat a stacked team with Rudy Larusso as your 3rd best player?

jj01 said:
Let me guess, another Stern agenda?

f**king idiot.
 7 years ago '04        #31
djyouknow 80 heat pts80 OP
space
space
$2,601 | Props total: 1 1
I think its time for a new logo. Jordan is the best player hands down. Give him his props give him the logo. Homage
 7 years ago '09        #32
space
space
Jordan as the NBA logo is pretty f**king stupid if you ask me. But, it tells me Nike, Gatorade and Hanes did their jobs.

Once again, if they are changing the logo or even considering it then it shouldnt be any one player at all. s**t should be a peach basket in my opinion because I can't justify any one player over another for it.
 7 years ago '04        #33
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 djyouknow said:
I think its time for a new logo. Jordan is the best player hands down. Give him his props give him the logo. Homage
You have got to be kidding me.

The NBA isn't about one player, it never has been. They don't even acknowledge West as the logo. The only person who does say it's West is the designer. Not Stern, not former commissioner Kennedy, NOBODY.

As much as you Jordan fans want to portray it as truth, he's not the consensus or "hands down" greatest. There will never be any player who's looked at as the greatest by every person, and there will be players who are better than any player before them.

You kids can't be any older than 16 to be saying some dumb s**t like this.
 7 years ago '04        #34
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
 akademiks said:
Anyone saying Jordan's logo should be the NBA logo should have been punched in their mother's stomach as a fetus.

Jerry West wasn't "chosen" as the logo by the NBA, he was used as a reference by the designer when he was designing multiple ones for the league to choose from.

You think the league should change its logo to the logo of a god damn BRAND NAME? You are f**king idiot and a slave to corporate branding.

I fail to comprehend how you could say something so incredibly stupid, yet not have seen a single minute of Jerry West's career.

Do you realize how dominant the Celtics were at that time? Jerry West averaged 47ppg in the finals one year and his team STILL lost. The Lakers had West & Baylor for most of the years. The Celtics had Russell, Havlicek, Cousy, Jones.. All Hall of Famers.

Almost every time the Lakers lost to the Celtics, it was West, Baylor and nobody else. How do you beat a stacked team with Rudy Larusso as your 3rd best player?

f**king idiot.

souls burn slow
 7 years ago '98        #35
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,190 | Props total: 3571 3571
added a poll
 7 years ago '06        #36
jj01 
space
space
$44,949 | Props total: 4669 4669
 akademiks said:

f**king idiot.

that never happened, try again.

and losing to the same team every year, u would think they would know what they need to do to beat them. after 5, 6, or 7 u would think that he would've been able to will them to that ring considering he probably wanted it more......but he never did. im not saying those teams weren't stacked on boston, im saying west is overrated in the fact that people forget how many times he came up short.

goats are known to defy the odds and win as underdogs when they need to, but yet he never did....he is a top 50 player i will agree, but goat convos he should have no part of.

even the years boston didnt make it, he choked against the other teams and couldnt grab that ring.

he played with gail goodrich for multiple years and still never got it done. he played with 3 other hall of fame players but still only won 1 ring that sounds like failure to me. guess he was just paving the way for future laker failures with loaded teams.
 7 years ago '08        #37
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
This thread is f**king dumb....
 7 years ago '04        #38
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jj01 said:
that never happened, try again.

and losing to the same team every year, u would think they would know what they need to do to beat them. after 5, 6, or 7 u would think that he would've been able to will them to that ring considering he probably wanted it more......but he never did. im not saying those teams weren't stacked on boston, im saying west is overrated in the fact that people forget how many times he came up short.

goats are known to defy the odds and win as underdogs when they need to, but yet he never did....he is a top 50 player i will agree, but goat convos he should have no part of.

even the years boston didnt make it, he choked against the other teams and couldnt grab that ring.

he played with gail goodrich for multiple years and still never got it done. he played with 3 other hall of fame players but still only won 1 ring that sounds like failure to me. guess he was just paving the way for future laker failures with loaded teams.
40ppg, my mistake.

Boston was a better team, simple as that.
And when they didn't face Boston, they were facing teams like the Bucks with Kareem & Oscar and the Knicks (who they would have beat if the coach didn't refuse to put Wilt back in the game in the 4th quarter of a game 7)

West is rated right where he should be, top 15-20. Nobody ever said he was GOAT. Him losing doesn't mean he came up short in those situations. Neither of us know how he performed in those games. To simply say he wasn't getting it done because he lost to superior teams is ignorant.

Gail Goodrich wasn't even that good of a player for 4 of the 5 seasons he played with West. Goodrich isn't a hall of famer, and his greatest claim to fame is being a part of the trade that allowed the Lakers to get Magic Johnson.

It's easy to see your hate for the Lakers seeping out of your post.

Guess you'll try to hate any way you can on a team with 30+ finals appearances, 16 titles and only missed the playoffs 5 times.
 7 years ago '09        #39
space
space
West did average 47 a game but they won the series and went on to lose to the Boston Celtics. You had some of your information correct or maybe you just worded it wrong.

He beat Baltimore and lost 4-1 to the Celts in the Finals. He averaged 35 or so in that finals and lost.
 7 years ago '04        #40
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
West did average 47 a game but they won the series and went on to lose to the Boston Celtics. You had some of your information correct or maybe you just worded it wrong.

He beat Baltimore and lost 4-1 to the Celts in the Finals. He averaged 35 or so in that finals and lost.
Yeah.. I'd just finished reading this article they did on West so the number 47 was primed in my head for some reason
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now