Feb 19 - Controversial NYC Billboard Targeting African-Americans

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #101
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
Ok i don't have the picture but I was able to read what it said...none of it expresses a race at all so i guess the whole thing is built apon a picture I guess. If it were a white person in the picture would this even be a thread. It's only messed up because we allow ourselves to get caught up in a picture. 20 years ago people would have been mad that billboard was up with a white person's face and we would have been pissed because it does no show what someone from that area looks like. Now that we are seen, negitive or positive there is something to be said as if we are targeted.

What funny is that the billboard is probably owned by Viacom who also owns BET...you want to stop seeing stuff like this, Stop watching BET! Don't feel bad, it's trash and is nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's.
 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM         #102
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude you got see the actual billboard itsself to make a comment......
 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM         #103
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
not really, you could just look at the statistics..

we as black people cant ignore the numbers, we lead in abortions... bottom line..
And your point?, and by the way how are those statistics accurate, there is a law that prohibits doctors for divulging sensitive doctor patient information.....so how did those stats come about anyway? Just saying
 7 years ago '10        #104
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,469 | Props total: 6380 6380
 ClevelandRay said:
Ok i don't have the picture but I was able to read what it said...none of it expresses a race at all so i guess the whole thing is built apon a picture I guess. If it were a white person in the picture would this even be a thread. It's only messed up because we allow ourselves to get caught up in a picture. 20 years ago people would have been mad that billboard was up with a white person's face and we would have been pissed because it does no show what someone from that area looks like. Now that we are seen, negitive or positive there is something to be said as if we are targeted.

What funny is that the billboard is probably owned by Viacom who also owns BET...you want to stop seeing stuff like this, Stop watching BET! Don't feel bad, it's trash and is nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's.
watchu mean bro?? it says the most dangerous place for a african american is n tha womb/
 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM         #105
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i dont have all of the answers, but lets give the benefit of the doubt that the numbers are right... or at least ballpark accurate

its a serious problem not only for the black community but all over the world

i would support pro-life groups but im not tryin to get a bullet put in my head.. people would k!ll over their beliefs
its not a problem, its just a fetus dude, to be honest I think more people ought to consider it....but to each its own.....I dont have kids, dont want kids at least right now....so you will have forgive me if I fail to want to protect the innocent babies aiight........
 7 years ago '06        #106
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
 S.TEX said:
wrap it up
choice C.

but that billboard f**ked up tho
 7 years ago '04        #107
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 babalou said:
these crackas know no limits when it comes to the bulls**t.............who the f**k with think of this s**t, design the billboard, have some other motherf**kas approve it and then PAY to have someone install it.

ima f**k some bad white b**ches in retaliation
Prolly get AIDS too with that level of intelligence.
 7 years ago '08        #108
pcutta3 
space
space
$79 | Props total: 0 0
Holly Sh^T...thats a shame. I'm smack a saltine tonight at happy hour
 7 years ago '09        #109
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55
space
space
$8,487 | Props total: 2348 2348
 02-23-2011, 10:48 PM         #110
Triple3Rydah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see how thats targeting blacks. s**t, stats is stats. my partna done had 3 different whites.luts press the abort button. is what it is. i dont see how thats racist imo.
 7 years ago '04        #111
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
Its not racist in the least. The fact is that black ppl make up 13 percent of the national population, but 38.5 percent of all abortions... That 3 times their representation in the population. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Further, let's not act like planned parenthood wasn't started as and isn't a eugenics program. It may be offensive, but its a seriously needed gut check to black folk. We're k!lling ourselves through abortion more than gun violence or HIV/AIDS.
 7 years ago '07        #112
ThursdayNit3 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,708 | Props total: 21 21
it is borderline but it isnt racist. s**t is what it is
 7 years ago '06        #113
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Further, let's not act like planned parenthood wasn't started as and isn't a eugenics program.
it wasn't. prove that is was!!!
 7 years ago '06        #114
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2
Margaret Sanger was not racist. Stop spreading lies....

Although Sanger uniformly repudiated the racist exploitation of eugenics principles, she agreed with the "progressives" of her day who favored

• incentives for the voluntary hospitalization and/or sterilization of people with untreatable, disabling, hereditary conditions

• the adoption and enforcement of stringent regulations to prevent the immigration of the diseased and "feebleminded" into the U.S.

• placing so-called illiterates, paupers, unemployables, criminals, prostitutes, and dope-fiends on farms and open spaces as long as necessary for the strengthening and development of moral conduct

Planned Parenthood Federation of America finds these views objectionable and outmoded.

Sanger's Outreach to the African-American Community

In 1930, Sanger opened a family planning clinic in Harlem that sought to enlist support for contraceptive use and to bring the benefits of family planning to women who were denied access to their city's health and social services. Staffed by a black physician and black social worker, the clinic was endorsed by The Amsterdam News (the powerful local newspaper), the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Urban League, and the black community's elder statesman, W.E.B. DuBois.

[pic - click to view]

Check the references if you don't want to believe!!
 7 years ago '07        #115
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 King Ryan said:
n*gga's are so senile and superficial, u barely even scractch the surface before u comment, billboard is basically saying african americans are targeted by clinics for abortion nothing outrageous about this billboard, its the truth there are like 300,000 abortion by african americans, those clinics dont care they pocketing that cheese.
this right here. What I understood from seeing this billboard, was that they were saying Black babies werre in danger of abortions. NOT AND I REPEAT NOT ADVOCATING ABORTIONS
 7 years ago '04        #116
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
 Vdot88 said:
Margaret Sanger was not racist. Stop spreading lies....

Although Sanger uniformly repudiated the racist exploitation of eugenics principles, she agreed with the "progressives" of her day who favored

• incentives for the voluntary hospitalization and/or sterilization of people with untreatable, disabling, hereditary conditions

• the adoption and enforcement of stringent regulations to prevent the immigration of the diseased and "feebleminded" into the U.S.

• placing so-called illiterates, paupers, unemployables, criminals, prostitutes, and dope-fiends on farms and open spaces as long as necessary for the strengthening and development of moral conduct

Planned Parenthood Federation of America finds these views objectionable and outmoded.

Sanger's Outreach to the African-American Community

In 1930, Sanger opened a family planning clinic in Harlem that sought to enlist support for contraceptive use and to bring the benefits of family planning to women who were denied access to their city's health and social services. Staffed by a black physician and black social worker, the clinic was endorsed by The Amsterdam News (the powerful local newspaper), the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Urban League, and the black community's elder statesman, W.E.B. DuBois.

[pic - click to view]

Check the references if you don't want to believe!!
You are not serious bro...have you read some of this woman's quotes and see pictures of her making speeches at KKK meetings?
 02-24-2011, 03:14 PM         #117
HIGHAGAIN09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gateway972 said:
This has nothing to do with age of the mother it is not mentioned, It bad because all it is saying is black people should not have kids
as you interpret it, i take it as, black people should think before having unprotected s3x....
 7 years ago '05        #118
CTR 376 heat pts376 OP
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
uppin
 7 years ago '07        #119
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 J.R. Hyphy said:
I thought it was obvious.
come on now, you know this is boxden. They saw a large picture of a black baby and ran with it.
 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM         #120
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people talk about fetuses like they're a living thing.... a genital wart is a living thing.... BLADDER cancer is alive and growing just like the way god made it in ur grandpa, and if you try to remove that, I'll protest you and say 'stop playing god'
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy