If Eminem came out with his line of headphones... would he outsell Dre & 50?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

If Eminem came out with a pair of headphones, would he outsell 50 and Dre?
Yes, no shit 32 84.21%
No, hell no. 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #1
6177 pageviews
30 comments

PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
If Eminem came out with his line of headphones... would he outsell Dre & 50?

Now I know why dre might be mad.. he probably feelin like Em coulda done the same s**t and crushed him in the market, but he's loyal...whereas 50 just went at it. Dre probably expected 50 to lay back too...

But real talk - if Eminem came out with some headphones/earphones, would he outsell them?

30 comments for "If Eminem came out with his line of headphones... would he outsell Dre & 50?"

7 years ago '05        #2
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Em would move a million units first day....Dre who?
 7 years ago '09        #3
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6251 6251
Highly Doubtful,Dre has a good foothold on the market and it begs the question how much he has made off the Beats products? Unlike Jay and 50 and the like Dre doesnt blab about his earnings and tends to keep his cards close to his chest

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-18-2011 at 08:41 PM..
 02-18-2011, 08:40 PM         #4
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nkflier54 said:
Eminem the guy wit the best selling album of the year 2 years in a row? And over 100 mil worldwide sales? Would he outsell 50 the guy that has yet to go platinum wit his last album and Dre? the guy that ain't drop an album in a decade?

naaaaah i don't think he would
Em has always been bigger than 50, but did Shady-LTD or whatever it was called sell ANYWHERE near the amount that G-Unit Apparel sold?

(expect at TJ Maxx???)
 7 years ago '04        #5
pocketchange 150 heat pts150
space
space
space
$12,461 | Props total: 11966 11966

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #6
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
A significant reasons for Dr.Dre's success is that he is a master of sound production. He's got the credibility no matter what you think about the quality of his headphones.

If Em came out with his line, it would probably sell due to his popularity. Same with 50.

Personally, I'd trust a producer's line of headphones over an artist's any day. But on the real, I go for quality so for the amounts these headphones cost, I'd probably cop some Shure headphones.
 7 years ago '09        #7
space
space
I dont have or intend on buying Dre`s headphones but they definitely look nice they get a lot of mixed reviews though
 7 years ago '04        #8
kayne716 
space
space
$481 | Props total: 100 100
i think it wud m,atter on the sound quality. i mean there a re ppl that wud buy em jus cuz they r eminems brand but i think in the end real fans wud want the best quality not the name. jus my opinion thats wat i wud want at least but if ppl bopught jus on the name alone then probly yea
 7 years ago '09        #9
space
space
Nobody should spend $100`s on headphones solely because of a name attached,they gotta do the job well.Its all irrelevant cause its not gonna happen
 7 years ago '07        #10
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
Stans will Stan
 7 years ago '11        #11
PTC 138 heat pts138 OP
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 trex said:
A significant reasons for Dr.Dre's success is that he is a master of sound production. He's got the credibility no matter what you think about the quality of his headphones.

If Em came out with his line, it would probably sell due to his popularity. Same with 50.

Personally, I'd trust a producer's line of headphones over an artist's any day. But on the real, I go for quality so for the amounts these headphones cost, I'd probably cop some Shure headphones.
I would probably not choose a headphone based if its a producer or a artist... at the end of the day they're more worried about revenue - expense over quality...

So you'd have to listen to them all.

But I think if Em came out with his line of headphones/earphones like dre, he'd probably up his net worth by a significant amount.
 7 years ago '07        #12
tonik 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 3 3
Dr Dres headphones are overpriced as hell, you pay for his name and not for the sound quality.
Most probably eminems headphones are the same s**t with a different design.

Better buy a brand like: shure, sennheiser, denon....
 7 years ago '10        #13
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,407 | Props total: 2348 2348
to be honest with you, if eminem came out with a pair of headphones they won't sell as much as dre headphones...

Dr Dre already has locked the market for HIGH END headphones, so no matter who creates a second line of "high end" headphones they will fall short to dre because of his position in the market place.

There is only a few other producers who i believe could successfully sell headphones; Timbaland and Pharrell, and even if they did come out with a pair they won't sell as much as dre.
 7 years ago '07        #14
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,599 | Props total: 1054 1054
the guy above me does not know what he's talking about. Dre has the s**t on lock because eminem has not entered the headphones game yet and probably never will.

This is a dumb question.

Eminem has more fans then them and he's the biggest star in the world comparable to mj status.

Last edited by cankstoochie; 02-19-2011 at 07:56 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #15
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,073 | Props total: 1120 1120
I got a pair of Beats (White Solo HD $200 swag) and they've changed the way I listen to music. I now ALWAYS download s**t in 320kp/s I would look for FLAC but my Zune don't support it. But when you're listening to your music with Beats on.. s**t is amazing and fun in a way cause it makes listening to music fun. If you're listening to some s**t with banging a.ss production or even some electronic s**t with bass you're in awe. Beats by Dre really does focus on the instrumentals and not the vocals, I get lost in time listening to some of the s**t. But most of yall probably won't know what that's like cause yall rocking Skullcandy
 02-19-2011, 09:10 AM         #16
lightysilo18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Skullcandy
 7 years ago '09        #17
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 22659 22659
 Zaosyn said:
I got a pair of Beats (White Solo HD $200 swag) and they've changed the way I listen to music. I now ALWAYS download s**t in 320kp/s I would look for FLAC but my Zune don't support it. But when you're listening to your music with Beats on.. s**t is amazing and fun in a way cause it makes listening to music fun. If you're listening to some s**t with banging a.ss production or even some electronic s**t with bass you're in awe. Beats by Dre really does focus on the instrumentals and not the vocals, I get lost in time listening to some of the s**t. But most of yall probably won't know what that's like cause yall rocking Skullcandy
Awww, thats cute.
 7 years ago '06        #18
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
 ozWinston said:
Awww, thats cute.
Been here 15 months and already nearly hitting 13,000 posts?

Go get your lazy-ass self a job n*gga
 02-19-2011, 09:39 AM         #19
Deetee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah Em would fail 50's are gonna do well mainly cuz they bring something new to the market but what would Em bring?
 02-19-2011, 09:41 AM         #20
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if he wanted to promote them and show up in commercials and s**t, then yea

but we all know hes not into that, so no
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy