Chauncey Billups buyout could lead to PG signing with Miami Heat

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
5866 pageviews
56 comments

Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659

bleacherreport
By Jack Windham (Correspondent) on February 18, 2011

[pic - click to view]

A lot of people aren't going to want to hear this, but the Miami Heat could be adding another all-star player soon.

There's talks that Chauncey Billups could be bringing his talents to South Beach.

The Denver Nuggets front office has been concentrating on the future of Carmelo Anthony for quite some time now. Once that ordeal is over, the team must then make a decision on Billups. The most likely scenario would see Billups being bought out of his contract this season, especially if Anthony is gone.

"If Chauncey is traded, he'd want to be bought out so he could survey the landscape and re-evaluate what he wants to do going forward," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com.

A source close to Billups has stated that his preferred destination would be Miami
. The Heat are capped out, so the veteran guard would have to play for the veteran's minimum. The belief is that he would take a pay cut in order to chase another NBA championship.

Billups would provide an instant upgrade in the back court over guys like Carlos Arroyo, Eddie House and Mario Chalmers. He's an excellent outside shooter, and he still has some ability to get to the basket. Billups is also capable of posting up smaller guards, which gives head coach Erik Spoelstra a chance to add another wrinkle to his playbook.

That's going to make it extremely difficult for opposing defenses to focus solely on the superstar trio of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Doing that increases the chance of seeing another championship parade in South Beach.

[pic - click to view]

56 comments for "Chauncey Billups buyout could lead to PG signing with Miami Heat"

7 years ago '08        #2
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12271 12271
my opinion will be given if it ever happens
 7 years ago '04        #3
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
It won't. His whole schtick is that he wanted to play at home which is Colorado. That's why he doesn't want to be traded. He's always wanted to be a hometown guy. I think if Denver were to say, we don't want you back, then we can start talking about other teams.
 7 years ago '07        #4
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
smh if the heat get him

only flaw would be that 5 spot
 7 years ago '10        #5
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,791 | Props total: 7763 7763

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #6
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
Heat don't need him. LeBron is the point guard. If the Heat's only problem with the PG spot is that both Wade and Chalmers have failed at guarding Rondo then Billups won't fix that. Heat need a center. Come on Denver...buyout Nene.
 7 years ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
I'll wait until any of this happens. For all we know that n*gga could get a buyout from Jersey and go back to Denver on some Gary Payton Big Z type s**t.
 7 years ago '05        #8
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
Wed take em on la!!
 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM         #9
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
therefore, Lakers STILL not doing anything to get better, Lakers (Mitch) since that Gasol trade haven't did s**t man to get better
 7 years ago '11        #10
yogi11 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 1640 1640
yep go to miami and teach them about team work
 7 years ago '06        #11
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2321 2321
wont happen
 7 years ago '09        #12
space
space
 Motion said:
that would make sense if Denver was still going to be a title contender after the trade

that's not going to be the case so why would Denver want to bring him back? to extend him a retirement package as a courtesy?

don't see that happening
I understand why you dont see it that way. You want him on your team lol

I think they should. The guy is from there and you need a reason for fans to keep wanting to a.ssociate with the team. Then in two years offer him a job on the staff or somewhere in the organization. Maybe be an ambassador for the team like Scottie Pippen is for the Bulls or Zo is for the Heat.
 02-18-2011, 01:21 PM         #13
Chip Tha Ripper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
prayin this doesnt happen..fcuk Miami FTW!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '10        #14
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
I'll commit suicide if that n*gga ends up in Miami.

There wouldn't be any point in watching the rest of this season, potentially next season or for how many years Billups can shoot the rock.
 7 years ago '05        #15
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
if this happen i dont ever want to here another bx person again talk about other n*ggas having to much help heat will have a 4 star or better player 4 out of the 5 spots. Dont wanna here s**t bout other n*ggas having help no one has more help rite now then LBJ and the heat im not hating on it just dont wanna here none of u bx talking s**t
 7 years ago '07        #16
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #17
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
Rip to Boston

Billups to Miami

s**t just got real

Perfectibilist said:
Uh-huh, stfu....
It's only okay when The Lakers have a stacked team, right? Now you wanna cry when other teams do it.
lol word..i was gonna say that
 7 years ago '05        #18
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 Perfectibilist said:
Uh-huh, stfu....
It's only okay when The Lakers have a stacked team, right? Now you wanna cry when other teams do it.
wtf are u talking about u clearly never read any of my post. I know it takes A TEam to win unlike most of u and i have never hated on anyone for getting the best team.

i am talking to the ppl who always trys to discredit kobe and others for not winning everything by himself. and that not possible u need help and it looks like the heat are getting all the help in the world
 7 years ago '05        #19
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Rip to Boston

Billups to Miami

s**t just got real

lol word..i was gonna say that
wtf are u talking about how are the lakers stacked when we have No Pg at all

very little bench a 1 leg center and are starting SF is a nut case. Plz tell me how is that a stack team when u break down player by player in no way are we a Stack team u f*gs just like to say that to make yourself feel better
 7 years ago '09        #20
space
space
 Motion said:
Denver could still offer him a job after he retires even if he goes & plays elsewhere

Mourning was traded to the Nets & Pippen ended up playing for the Blazers during their careers and landed front office jobs

this is the NBA not the United Way

Denver is going to rebuild while going young & bringing back Chauncey to appease their fanbase shouldn't weigh in on their decision
Zo was gone for like a week lol. Seriously, even though Zo played elsewhere. He came back and won the title with you guys. Chauncey won his title in The D and played for several teams but he says he wants to finish career a Nugget and his post career with them.

Be honest you dont give a f**k what happens as long as he is on the Heat this season. Arroyo and Chalmers can't be that bad can they
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy