Bill Maher Appreciation Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
12 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 months ago '06        #341
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
He isn't racist. He was just trying to be funny and fell on his face. Let's focus on the real issue folks: Trump secretly blows Vladimir Putin.
Hakim Cobain and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '04        #342
Hakim Cobain 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,858 | Props total: 6821 6821
 bootsy said:
sh*t was not funny. Stop defending that bullsh*t. Motherfu*ker shouldn't have said it. And I don't give a fu*k if he used n*gga, ******, negro. Those words shouldn't come out of your month on fu*king TV. fu*k outta here defending that sh*t. And I'm sure their donations probably exceed Maher's. He don't give that much to black causes.
Black people who don't know anything about bill other than him being white and saying n*gga in poor taste, are the only ones complaining about this.

Bill is definitely a proponent of black people's agenda. He made a bad joke, end of story.
skillahmang and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '08        #343
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,087 | Props total: 12305 12305
 bootsy said:
sh*t was not funny. Stop defending that bullsh*t. Motherfu*ker shouldn't have said it. And I don't give a fu*k if he used n*gga, ******, negro. Those words shouldn't come out of your month on fu*king TV. fu*k outta here defending that sh*t. And I'm sure their donations probably exceed Maher's. He don't give that much to black causes.
Bruh, he gave 1 million dollars to obama..........................

He is constantly highlighting the fact that the only reason people hated obama was because he was black.

He consistently has black men and black women on his panel

stop being a social justice warrior. he made a joke that fell flat. period.
skillahmang gave props

6 months ago '04        #344
all3rd 862 heat pts862
space
space
$82,014 | Props total: 16025 16025
So why are the other Maher threads getting deleted?
 6 months ago '07        #345
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,647 | Props total: 16747 16747
 Hakim Cobain said:
Black people who don't know anything about bill other than him being white and saying n*gga in poor taste, are the only ones complaining about this.

Bill is definitely a proponent of black people's agenda. He made a bad joke, end of story.
This is false. Public figured like Roland Martin been blasting Maher all day.

[tweet - click to view]

6 months ago '07        #346
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,647 | Props total: 16747 16747
 tdnupe3 said:
Bruh, he gave 1 million dollars to obama..........................

He is constantly highlighting the fact that the only reason people hated obama was because he was black.

He consistently has black men and black women on his panel

stop being a social justice warrior. he made a joke that fell flat. period.
And he can be called out for making the joke with all that.
 6 months ago '04        #347
Hakim Cobain 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,858 | Props total: 6821 6821
 CadillacVyse said:
This is false. Public figured like Roland Martin been blasting Maher all day.
I didn't say the joke was appropriate I said black people who don't know anything about him beyond this incident will label him racist.

edit: I didn't say racists in my OP I said complaining, and by complaining I mean saying he is racist.
 6 months ago '08        #348
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,087 | Props total: 12305 12305
 CadillacVyse said:
And he can be called out for making the joke with all that.
Yeah, he can definitely be called out. I'm not tripping about that. I'm tripping about people calling him racist and saying that he should be fired, etc.

Just sit back and think about this for a second, and think about why Trump would speak out against this, but stand behind Jeff Sessions.......................

It's because Bill's show consistently points out the hypocrisy of conservatives, and is very critical of trump.

I'm not falling for the BS. I thought the joke was funny when he made, but i knew it would offend people in today's climate.

Just for context, I give you george carlin:

[video - click to view]

Now, of course George Carlin wasn't being racist. He was simply pointing out that it's about the context in which these words are used.
skillahmang gave props

6 months ago '16        #349
Knucklez 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,019 | Props total: 9618 9618
i wonder what would happen if anybody else of any other race said a similar joke with the jew word that starts with a K and ends with an E. He woulda got crucified and blackballed
skillahmang slapped this ish

6 months ago '12        #350
djgist 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,757 | Props total: 2312 2312
 bootsy said:
Do you know who Bill Maher is? He has written more checks for black causes and fu*ked more black bi*ches than anyone.. know who you're talking about before jumping in this discussion
 6 months ago '07        #351
bluehefner96 95 heat pts95
space
space
$12,162 | Props total: 11286 11286
I honestly was more pissed a couple of weeks ago when he and Dr. Cornell West were going head-2-head about Bernie-Hillary-Trump...

But even still, it was a bad joke. He likely didn't mean any harm by it, especially with it being aimed at himself, but he still showed that he has clearly gotten too comfortable. You still live in a white man's skin at the end of the day, no matter what agenda you drive. When you use "n*gga/n***er" as a white comedian, particularly, you can't miss, so now we're entering a territory where the writing / delivery has to be on point...however it's clear here that this sh*t was off the cuff. Which leaves me with one question: How comfortable are you really, when you think it's safe to say "n*gga" on a whim? Be careful.
 6 months ago '05        #352
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 bluehefner96 said:
I honestly was more pissed a couple of weeks ago when he and Dr. Cornell West were going head-2-head about Bernie-Hillary-Trump...
I didn't like that all. Not because I agreed or disagreed with either one but he was trying to tell West how he should think and saying he was disappointed in West. As if West can't have the opinion he had. Maher has a habit of trying to press his opinion a little too forcefully on his guests and then trying to say they are wrong and he's never wrong.
 6 months ago '16        #353
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,013 | Props total: 6933 6933
fu*k em he been showin racist tendencies for a while
jayjay2 gave props

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
209 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
84 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
34 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy