Bill Maher Appreciation Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #221
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19977 19977
 iPunish901 said:
im convinced bill maher is smashing ann coulter
or hes getting cuts from her book sales
 4 years ago '07        #222
space
space
@ the Obama giving those awards to just anger conservatives.
 4 years ago '07        #223
space
space

[pic - click to view]

This may look like a blimp, but it’s not. It’s the US Army’s Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle. It’s not just a blimp. It’s a seven-story, football-field-length, bullet-proof blimp made of Kevlar. Get a good look, because you paid $297 million for it, and it flew exactly once, for 90 minutes, and then we sold it back to one of the companies that built it for $301,000.

It was designed for Afghanistan, a country it never got closer too than Rush Limbaugh got to Vietnam. Its guts were designed by Northrop Grumman, like Limbaugh’s, but it was put together – like all these projects are – by subcontractors in 18 states and, touchingly, in England. Because when you’re invading Afghanistan by blimp, your good luck charm is Kipling.

Anyway, we cancelled it after one test flight, at Lakehurst Naval Air Station, where the Hindenburg exploded in 1937. (If at first you don’t succeed…) And we’re taking a $296,700,000 bath on the project, but that’s okay because according to Army spokesman John Cummings: "We learned quite a bit from the technology." Yes, the technology for making balloons that float.

So kiss the Army’s bullet-proof blimp good-bye. What’s $300 million between friends? It will join the spy blimp the Air Force built for Afghanistan, which cost $211 million, and was never used anywhere for anything, and was cancelled in February. I’ll bet we learned quite a bit from its technology too.

4 years ago '07        #224
space
space

[pic - click to view]

should be a good return greenwald gonna be dropping ether.
 4 years ago '08        #225
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5813 5813
Mary's face all fu*ked up
 4 years ago '07        #226
space
space
 Nut-In-Honeys said:
Mary's face all fu*ked up
she seemed high or some sh*t lol.
 4 years ago '07        #227
space
space
@ the closing. so true.
 4 years ago '08        #228
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,102 | Props total: 12356 12356
 Ham Rove said:
@ the closing. so true.
yeah, he went in on old people
 4 years ago '07        #229
space
space
Bill Nye is the Emmy-winning Science Guy who frequently appeared in classrooms on a TV set ratchet-strapped to a rolling cart. He recently debated Answers in Genesis founder and young-earth creationist Ken Ham about the origins of our world. Twitter: @TheScienceGuy

Jeremy Scahill is an independent investigative reporter and co-founder of The Intercept, the first in a series of digital magazines to be published by First Look Media. Scahill was named one of POLITICO’s “10 journalists to watch in 2014” and his documentary Dirty Wars was recently nominated for an Academy Award. Twitter: @JeremyScahill

Andrew Sullivan is the writer and editor of “The Daily Dish,” as well as a columnist for The Sunday Times of London. In a recent post, Sullivan tore apart the a.ssessment of football as a “man’s-man game” and pointed to the stereotype of gay men as intrinsically feminine “a function of ignorance.” Twitter: @sullydish

Mayim Bialik is an Emmy Award-nominated actress for The Big Bang Theory and the author of a new cookbook, Mayim’s Vegan Table. Check out her blog at kveller.com for a sneak peek at her non-dairy kugel recipe. Twitter: @MissMayim

Eric Klinenberg is a Professor of Sociology, and Director of the Institute for Public Knowledge at New York University. Editor of the journal Public Culture, Klinenberg is currently leading a research project on climate change and the future of cities in adapting to the emerging age of extreme weather. His latest book is Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone. Twitter: @EricKlinenberg

Scahill and Bill Nye the fu*k is mayim bialik doing on tho
 4 years ago '06        #230
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,878 | Props total: 14747 14747
Bill Maher is one of my favorite comedians of all time and Real Time is one my favorite shows on television. I don't know why I didn't post in this thread sooner.
 4 years ago '07        #231
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #232
space
space
Jeremy fu*king Scahill

[pic - click to view]

Bill mentioning him dying though
 4 years ago '07        #233
space
space
Maher sh*tting on Kristol. "you ever met a war you didn't like?"
Margaret Hoover could get it

[pic - click to view]

At the closing sh*tting on the baby billionaires.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 02-28-2014 at 11:31 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #234
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Anyone got a link to the most recent Real Time Ep? Bill Maher is a legend and is my idol.

I wish he would sack the fu*k up and run for public office. he is the type of man who can bring real change
 02-28-2014, 11:20 PM         #235
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
Anyone got a link to the most recent Real Time Ep? Bill Maher is a legend and is my idol.

I wish he would sack the fu*k up and run for public office. he is the type of man who can bring real change
You're an idiot what do you know about politics?
 4 years ago '07        #236
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:

Bill is great for what hes doing, but a politician? idk about that one ha. but then again our politicians are nothing to brag about

and you talking about the ep that aired tonight(Friday)?or last week? I can pm u a link
 4 years ago '07        #237
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
You're an idiot what do you know about politics?

you are now on my ignore list.
 4 years ago '07        #238
space
space
 Ham Rove said:
Bill is great for what hes doing, but a politician? idk about that one ha. but then again our politicians are nothing to brag about

and you talking about the ep that aired tonight(Friday)?or last week? I can pm u a link
If we had people who didnt beat around the bush and actually tried to get sh*t done this nation would be in a much better place. Thankfully the "silent generation" is kicking the bucket. They are the biggest restraint to actual change. I think as a nation the baby boomers are realizing social conservatism and tradition hinders our nations growth. My dad (with help from me) for instance is finally letting go of his social conservative roots and becoming socially liberal. If we get past the biggest hurdle that is the social issues we have a better chance of coming together on things like the economy/foreign policy.

Bill has been pushing social progression since the 80's. Finally dudes like Bill and John Stewart are getting people in their age group to wake up and get on the right side of history. I think Bill's blunt attitude, social liberalism, and desire for real change/action is exactly what we need. The last thing we need is more robots/sheep following the straight and narrow path to a career of right vs left head butting.

and yeah pm me that link bro

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 03-01-2014 at 12:59 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #239
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30368 30368
Bill can't be a politician. To be a politician is to give up a lot of freedom. He wouldn't be able to be as bluntly truthful. He would have to simmer down on his approach and his message would reach less people.
 4 years ago '07        #240
space
space
 stogz said:
Bill can't be a politician. To be a politician is to give up a lot of freedom. He wouldn't be able to be as bluntly truthful. He would have to simmer down on his approach and his message would reach less people.
this is true and false. because your right on one hand his blunt talk would turn a lot of people off (mainly older folks)...BUT on the other hand i think it would be EXTREMELY refreshing to A LOT of people to have a politician being up front and honest with them instead of beating around the bush and censoring reality...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago