Wait a minute damian marley IS NOT BLACK

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
 Jacc Blacc said:
sit your b**ch a.ss down n*gga

"oooh myyy good a white person said n*gga...what is the world coming to"

its 2011 n*gga, beat it

[video - click to view]

My favorite song ........... period. It explain this thread in 3 minutes. Thank u cee-lo from saving me a response to this ^^^^^^^^^ . Jacc my friend , be greater, learn your TRUE HISTORY (whites are blacks we all n*ggaz) you shouldnt accept being one.

Last edited by neworleansavior; 02-13-2011 at 07:14 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #102
bingiedred 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,744 | Props total: 691 691
 Jacc Blacc said:
so does blake griffin and the world still sees blake as white
it doesn't matter, they're people, bottom line, I see a good basketball player and a proven short stop.
 7 years ago '07        #103
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66

Simple genetics could of solved the majority of arguing.

copy & paste, but you get the idea.

Skin Colour

Skin colour is an excellent example of genetic control at work. Skin colour depends on the degree of melanin found in skin cells. The amount of melanin is pre-determined by the genetic blueprint of some genes in each cell. To be exact, there are two genes that control the production of melanin, each of which has a dominant and recessive expression. This leads to a possible 16 combinations of genotype when coding for skin colour, as seen below.

[pic - click to view]

Phenotype
Black Skin
Dark Brown Skin
Brown Skin
Light Brown Skin
White Skin

Although there are 16 possible combinations in expressing the skin phenotype, there are 5 different possible genotypes that the genes of melanin can express for, as indicated above. Each expression of melanin has an accumulating effect on skin tone, until maximum expression of melanin through 4 dominant alleles leads to a black skin phenotype.

Therefore, when any person is born, they will be one of five colours. After this, external factors such as UV sunlight from the sun will change the skin colour away from the genetic expression of its initial colour.

having a '50' percent black father and white mother doesn't determine that you're going to be '25' percent black, this also explains the other examples of black and that other guy, you can have two white parents have a black kid if one of there grandparents were black or even partly black, it's just genes and chance.

Damian could therefor be any percent of 'black' based on tone, but what he relates more to is what he has grown up with, which appears to be 'black' or 'african' hope this explains it to some people
 7 years ago '07        #104
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
stupid argument is a stupid argument.
 7 years ago '06        #105
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
What some of yall are missing is that even the way you LOOK at another person has been conditioned by your society and environment. The very fact that you were born and raised in America best believe is going to influence how you consider other people. We've been trained to label and put people in boxes based off of appearance. That's why you'll never win arguing with someone who doesn't think Damian Marley looks black. Arguing over superficial s**t that doesn't have as much importance as we put into it.

Like ol boy said earlier you go to places like the Dominican Republic and it's different. I go there and people will tell me straight up and down that they're Indian or White when in America they would be most definitely be considered black and Latino. They did not consider me a full black because of my looks.

We've all been conditioned. This labeling s**t is outdated and we should revisit that whole thing. Damian Marley identifies himself as a black man. For whatever reason being a black person has significance for him. I got friends that are half black american and half sri lankan and identify as a black. That is their choice. On one hand society is gonna label you according to whatever "rules" are in place regardless of how you feel. But the more important thing is how you view yourself.

The One Drop Rule is a remainder from the slave era..mentality...way of thinking. We're still stuck on that.
 7 years ago '09        #106
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,662 | Props total: 13138 13138
This is old news....
 7 years ago '08        #107
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Didn't read the thread except OP but...Damian's mother and father are mixed, so he's not "75 % white".

Regardless, Bob is considered black because he grew up his whole life with his black mother and never really knew his father. In that cultural environment, of course he's gonna be attached to his black instead of white side. Similarly with Damian
 7 years ago '10        #108
keezy504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 1772 1772
 lifetimez said:
Didn't read the thread except OP but...Damian's mother and father are mixed, so he's not "75 % white".

Regardless, Bob is considered black because he grew up his whole life with his black mother and never really knew his father. In that cultural environment, of course he's gonna be attached to his black instead of white side. Similarly with Damian

So does that make Obama white since he grew up with the white side of his family ? Using your logic it does.
 7 years ago '04        #109
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,852 | Props total: 1995 1995
cuz u cant do the type of music he does and call yourself white

Its has been tried before and failed as a career.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #110
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
his father is bob marley... nuff said...
 7 years ago '10        #111
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 keezy504 said:
So does that make Obama white since he grew up with the white side of his family ? Using your logic it does.
In the particular situation being discussed yes it does make sense. The logic can not be applied uniformly to every situation of a biracial person, but in this case yes it may be applied and yes it does hold.

The post was a logical conclusion for this situation it's not a law that he made up nor can it be applied universally

nice try though
 7 years ago '04        #112
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,852 | Props total: 1995 1995
 keezy504 said:
on the stuff where you check your ethnicity, your environment and how you grew up in you can check... So a white kid that some how grew up in Harlem/ all black inner city neighborhood and is living there can check black on those ethnic things

Last edited by D. Norman; 02-13-2011 at 08:30 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #113
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 keezy504 said:
That's not "my logic". I said the reason (people) consider Bob black was because he was essentially raised by a single black mother in an almost exclusively black neighborhood.

Funny enough Bob didn't consider himself black or white; neither does Obama(even though he has said his mother was the dominant figure in his life and his upbringing can be considered the opposite of Bob). But I'm not in a position to tell someone what they identify with so I couldn't care less.
 7 years ago '10        #114
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
people still on that race issue stuff i see.
 7 years ago '06        #115
LeMar G 241 heat pts241
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 35404 35404
wait, what exactly was the purpose of this thread?
 7 years ago '10        #116
keezy504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 1772 1772
 D. Norman said:
on the stuff where you check your ethnicity, your environment and how you grew up in you can check... So a white kid that some how grew up in Harlem/ all black inner city neighborhood and is living there can check black on those ethnic things
Using his logic yes.
 7 years ago '09        #117
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
 neworleansavior said:

My favorite song ........... period. It explain this thread in 3 minutes. Thank u cee-lo from saving me a response to this ^^^^^^^^^ . Jacc my friend , be greater, learn your TRUE HISTORY (whites are blacks we all n*ggaz) you shouldnt accept being one.
whites are blacks...you can say everyone is from africa but africa and black are interchangable....we have people who live in africa that are more indian looking then black and if everyone started in africa im pretty sure they didnt look like you
 7 years ago '09        #118
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 DominicanLou said:
What some of yall are missing is that even the way you LOOK at another person has been conditioned by your society and environment. The very fact that you were born and raised in America best believe is going to influence how you consider other people. We've been trained to label and put people in boxes based off of appearance. That's why you'll never win arguing with someone who doesn't think Damian Marley looks black. Arguing over superficial s**t that doesn't have as much importance as we put into it.

Like ol boy said earlier you go to places like the Dominican Republic and it's different. I go there and people will tell me straight up and down that they're Indian or White when in America they would be most definitely be considered black and Latino. They did not consider me a full black because of my looks.

We've all been conditioned. This labeling s**t is outdated and we should revisit that whole thing. Damian Marley identifies himself as a black man. For whatever reason being a black person has significance for him. I got friends that are half black american and half sri lankan and identify as a black. That is their choice. On one hand society is gonna label you according to whatever "rules" are in place regardless of how you feel. But the more important thing is how you view yourself.

The One Drop Rule is a remainder from the slave era..mentality...way of thinking. We're still stuck on that.

:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: close thread
 7 years ago '09        #119
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 lifetimez said:

so technically obama is white.......according to your reasoning

because his black relatives didnt care enough for him and his grandparents and mother raised him by themselves

i think the world still sees him as multi-racial
 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM         #120
Yelsgnik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
its funny, i been to england, i've been to italy, and i've been to russia....and it seems this 1 drop rule only counts in america and its either dumb blacks saying or red neckish whites.......you dudes telling me if i have a kid with a b**ch thats 10% black, which means my baby would be 90% white then somehow this kid is black because he has 10% negroe in him

c'mon man.......blake griffin is f**king mixed and all my friends see him as a white kid, i heard n*ggas call blake griffin the great white hype but you telling me because blake got some black in him he's a full black now????

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

let me put it like this....percentage wise blake griffin is more black then damien marley.........so miss me with that 1 drop bs
Blake is a perfect example of a biracial individual that relates more to his white roots. Color does have a lot to do with it, but how you're raised and the race that you relate does weigh heavily as well.

I look at Blake as a white guy.

If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, sounds like a rat, and acts like a rat, it must be a rat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy