Wait a minute damian marley IS NOT BLACK

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM         #61
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
Great point.
I didn't include the part about your choosing to identify is limited by what you look like on purpose. It was to make the point that you can't just say, he's this percent this or than and just cllaim dude is white, black, or polka dotted or what not.

Black griffin LOOKS more white than black and that's going to shape how people treat him. He can f!ght the natural order of things and insist he's this or that if he wanted, and ultimately people who knew him who understand, but at first glance, dude is white and for someone on the fence, how you look set's the "tone' NO pun intended i swear lol.

It gets trickier with someone like marley though, cuz dude's not 50/50. I'd accept he's black because he could physically pas for it, and culturally is just that, black. But if it's sorta funny that dude is only 1/3 black. It's up to him though but it's funny.

And yes, 1 drop rule is wack. This isn't about trying to change the rules and claim a successful black man (who technically is less black that white). The 1 drop rule was made in ignorant times, under racial / political pressures by ignorant and biased people. Why back a rule that was unjust, racist, and illogical from the get go? Don't perpetuate that mess.
Let the man or woman choose their identify from the options their bloodline and heritage provide them.
no it isn't once people find out you have any amount of black in you, you get comments like this
 x7eflon said:
no one feeling half ni99er half amazing
/thread
 02-13-2011, 04:46 PM         #62
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
no it isn't once people find out you have any amount of black in you, you get comments like this /thread
So when multiple in this thread alone are saying essentially they'd leave it up to the individual, your quote is still the end all be all?

Last edited by Buttersrugby; 02-13-2011 at 04:49 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #63
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7948 7948
 big blak afrika said:
America for the most part follows that rule .
i disagree...most mixed people are referred to as mixed unless they want you to call them something else........the 1 drop rule is something most intellectuals dont follow...its archaic and its racist point blank period..........

the chick im talking to is mixed and she relates more to her sicilian side then she does her black side......the again she's like 10% black but according to the 1 drop rule that makes her black even though she looks sicilian

doesnt make sense

like i said earlier AMERICA sees blake griffin as a great WHITE basketball player, no one is looking at blake griffin as another black dude....he dont look black, he looks white
 7 years ago '05        #64
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
 Perfectibilist said:
Following the rule isn't making me look like anything. I'm simply using the rule to my advantage. If idiotic whites created the rule in order to k!ll the self-esteem of mixed black people, I'm gonna use the same rule TODAY to uplift mixed black people. Point blank.
Again...whites only challenge the 1-Drop rule when it's a successful mixed black person in question. Y'all never challenge the rule when we're talking about some deadbeat mixed black person. Why is that?
:agreement6::agreement6:
 02-13-2011, 04:50 PM         #65
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
i disagree...most mixed people are referred to as mixed unless they want you to call them something else........the 1 drop rule is something most intellectuals dont follow...its archaic and its racist point blank period..........

the chick im talking to is mixed and she relates more to her sicilian side then she does her black side......the again she's like 10% black but according to the 1 drop rule that makes her black even though she looks sicilian

doesnt make sense

like i said earlier AMERICA sees blake griffin as a great WHITE basketball player, no one is looking at blake griffin as another black dude....he dont look black, he looks white
That's because he's doing well that's what you don't understand if he messes up and ends up and jail America will see him as just another ****** some do already as evidence by thsat quote.
 7 years ago '05        #66
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
And what person is 100% black....them slave master r*ped so many people back then everybody mixed
 02-13-2011, 04:52 PM         #67
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
Following the rule isn't making me look like anything. I'm simply using the rule to my advantage. If idiotic whites created the rule in order to k!ll the self-esteem of mixed black people, I'm gonna use the same rule TODAY to uplift mixed black people. Point blank.
Again...whites only challenge the 1-Drop rule when it's a successful mixed black person in question. Y'all never challenge the rule when we're talking about some deadbeat mixed black person. Why is that?
So you want to perpetuate a racist mindset? It's not using to your advantage when everyone gives you the and doesn't really understand the benefit to what you're doing.
 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM         #68
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
So when multiple in this thread alone are saying essentially they'd leave it up to the individual, your quote is still the end all be all?
Those people are delusional. Answer me this could those people that are half black go and play at a white only country club? No cause tiger woods can only play there if it's a pga event. They can't say but I claim white the country club will say but you are ****** get out.
 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM         #69
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
That's because he's doing well that's what you don't understand if he messes up and ends up and jail America will see him as just another ****** some do already as evidence by thsat quote.
Then why does everyone accept Tiger as black and ALWAYS has. He was doing well. They didn't just start thinking of him as black the second he got caught cheating.
While in past generations your reasoning might hold some water, I certainly don't see it as the majority mindset in todays world.
 02-13-2011, 04:56 PM         #70
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
Those people are delusional. Answer me this could those people that are half black go and play at a white only country club? No cause tiger woods can only play there if it's a pga event. They can't say but I claim white the country club will say but you are ****** get out.
So wait, you are making a point based on an ignorant, racist peoples thought process about a racial/cultural matter? I wouldn't exact call that much of a fair question.
 02-13-2011, 05:03 PM         #71
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
What did I say that was racist? That a person who has black in them is black? Explain what's racist about that....

No one understands the benefit? Only people like YOU don't understand it. Or maybe you don't understand the ridicule and the curse that it once meant to have ANY black in you...ANY. I've lived in the south my entire life, so I've seen it first hand. Now that we live in a different world, I'm not gonna let white people take credit for successful mixed black people, especially when they would've ridiculed those same people a few decades ago.

Mark my words...if a mixed black person goes to jail, they write their profile down as "black."
Not calling you racist at all !?!? You said you were using THAT "rule" to your benefit. I am saying you perpetuate a racists mindset (those who created that rule obviously were prejudiced/racist). I don't know you and you haven't said anything out and out racists so I'm not gonna label you.

Making alot of leaps there with what I DO and Dont understand. Yes I understand the ridicule many faced. Yes I get that.
Those are mixed "white" people too. What does a few decades ago have to do with now? Those people who made that rule don't exists anymore. They have no grasp, no hold on the minds and actions of us today. Why let a ridiculous, archaic, racist, mindset continue? You only help polarize and perpetuate applying "rules" that don't apply in todays world with the people of today.
We dont have slaves, indentured servants, 3/5ths rules etc in our world, or any of that nonsense that was a "rule" during those times, so why continue it?
 02-13-2011, 05:05 PM         #72
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
So wait, you are making a point based on an ignorant, racist peoples thought process about a racial/cultural matter? I wouldn't exact call that much of a fair question.
Those people own country clubs. Society sees them as successful businessmen not ignorant. But good job dodging the question. So when I see a white only sign on a business and i'm biracial I can just walk in to the business and say I claim my white side and everything will be o.k? Can I? If it's like you said I dictate how people see me then i'll get a seat and service. No that wouldn't happen I would get arrested /thread

Last edited by big blak afrika; 02-13-2011 at 05:09 PM..
 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM         #73
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deckster said:
tiger woods isnt black he's mixed, mixed people are mixed, you cant pick what you are.

im black because im black not because i "relate to black people" wtf does that even mean??? not all black people act the same so how do you 'relate more to black people"???

you cant pick and choose what you are it just is what it is
He's more black than Damien Marley, scientifically speaking.
So is he mixed and Barack Mixed? Is Damien Mixed?

The point was that the average person see's Tiger as black, and no one is going to tell him otherwise if that's what he chooses to identify with.
 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM         #74
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
He's more black than Damien Marley, scientifically speaking.
So is he mixed and Barack Mixed? Is Damien Mixed?

The point was that the average person see's Tiger as black, and no one is going to tell him otherwise if that's what he chooses to identify with.
Tiger woods is seen as black because he's discriminated against for being black.
 7 years ago '07        #75
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
honestly does it really matter? he knows who he his, who his parents are and where he came from. i doubt he denies his white half, it's part of who he his.
 02-13-2011, 05:11 PM         #76
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
Those people own a country clubs society sees them as successful businessmen not ignorant. But good job dodging the question. So when I see a white only sign on a business and i'm biracial I can just walk in to the business and say I claim my white side and everything will be o.k? Can I? If it's like you said I dictate how people see me then i'll get a seat and service. No that wouldn't happen I would get arrested /thread
I am not dodging the question at all. They may be successfull businessmen, but that doesn't mean they aren't racist. Glen Beck is successful, but I think he's a total douche. Lauren Hill is successful as hell, but she's got some serious prejudices.

To an extent, yes you can dictate. You are limited by your physical appearance in this case, because that's what those ignorant, racist people care about as much as anything.

And if you don't look pastie white, than that ALL WHITE RACIST country club aint letting you in.
But again, you are trying to apply the rules of a racists subset of people on the norms of common people.

Is Blake Griffin white or Black? is Obama white or black? What about Damien Marley?
 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM         #77
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young moolah said:
honestly does it really matter? he knows who he his, who his parents are and where he came from. i doubt he denies his white half, it's part of who he his.
I totally agree with this. It's the individuals choice, within reason (if you look exceptionally white and try to pass as black vice versa it's harder.

I'd love to hear this from the perspective of some biracial folks.
 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM         #78
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deckster said:
only black people see tiger as black............
I see Tiger as black. I'm not black.
 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM         #79
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
I am not dodging the question at all. They may be successfull businessmen, but that doesn't mean they aren't racist. Glen Beck is successful, but I think he's a total douche. Lauren Hill is successful as hell, but she's got some serious prejudices.

To an extent, yes you can dictate. You are limited by your physical appearance in this case, because that's what those ignorant, racist people care about as much as anything.

And if you don't look pastie white, than that ALL WHITE RACIST country club aint letting you in.
But again, you are trying to apply the rules of a racists subset of people on the norms of common people.

Is Blake Griffin white or Black? is Obama white or black? What about Damien Marley?
That's the issue your misinformed on this isn't just some small subset of people. It's believed George Bush was racist it's been proven that Nixon was racist. It's not a subset of people it's high ranking officials in the American government, it's teachers police officers business owners who refuse to to hire ethnic people You think racist= dumb redneck when in reality racist=anyone all those men you listed are black because at one point or another throughout their lives they were discriminated against for being black.

Last edited by big blak afrika; 02-13-2011 at 05:22 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #80
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7948 7948
 Perfectibilist said:
What did I say that was racist? That a person who has black in them is black?
thats like me saying if you have more then 305 white in you then your white........obama is ours...bob marley is ours............you can keep whoopi goldberg
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago