Wait a minute damian marley IS NOT BLACK

most viewed right now
 97
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 02-13-2011, 04:20 PM         #41
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread went off the rails.
All sorts of mixed up sentiments. It doesn't matter one bit to Damien wtf all of us consider him.
If any of you went up to Blake Griffin for instance and said, "dude you black.." and he said "naw, f**k off" ...then you're wrong. You ain't claiming on someone elses behalf. That's ignorant.

I'm 1/4 Cherokee, Italian, and some random Brazilian heritage ...so what am I? Can you decide for me? Hell no you cant. I can pick what I choose to identify with. Let me repeat, "What I choose" to identify with.


Last edited by Buttersrugby; 02-13-2011 at 04:22 PM..
 02-13-2011, 04:22 PM         #42
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On a side note, it would be interesting to see what people would think if Damien cut his dreads, and had less Rasta look. Wonder how the random person on the street might identify him?
Granted it doesn't really matter, but it would make for an interesting experiment.
 7 years ago '05        #43
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
 Buttersrugby said:

I'm 1/4 Cherokee, Italian, and some random Brazilian heritage ...so what am I? Can you decide for me? Hell no you cant. I can pick what I choose to identify with. Let me repeat, "What I choose" to identify with.

What do u check when ur race is asked on a form?
 7 years ago '09        #44
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
 Buttersrugby said:
This thread went off the rails.
All sorts of mixed up sentiments. It doesn't matter one bit to Damien wtf all of us consider him.
If any of you went up to Blake Griffin for instance and said, "dude you black.." and he said "naw, f**k off" ...then you're wrong. You ain't claiming on someone elses behalf. That's ignorant.

I'm 1/4 Cherokee, Italian, and some random Brazilian heritage ...so what am I? Can you decide for me? Hell no you cant. I can pick what I choose to identify with. Let me repeat, "What I choose" to identify with.
i can agree with this....if damien marley says he's black then im cool with that but this 1 drop rule is racist and ignorant as f**k

you n*ggas are basically trying to force being black on people
 7 years ago '05        #45
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
White people cant get dreads like those

/thread
 7 years ago '09        #46
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
 Woodwin said:
What do u check when ur race is asked on a form?
dont they have mixed on applications, they did on my college application
 7 years ago '05        #47
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
 Jacc Blacc said:
dont they have mixed on applications, they did on my college application
Most dont just got Other then u fill in what ya want
 7 years ago '04        #48
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 Buttersrugby said:
This thread went off the rails.
All sorts of mixed up sentiments. It doesn't matter one bit to Damien wtf all of us consider him.
If any of you went up to Blake Griffin for instance and said, "dude you black.." and he said "naw, f**k off" ...then you're wrong. You ain't claiming on someone elses behalf. That's ignorant.

I'm 1/4 Cherokee, Italian, and some random Brazilian heritage ...so what am I? Can you decide for me? Hell no you cant. I can pick what I choose to identify with. Let me repeat, "What I choose" to identify with.

rofl


u got a point, but only to an extent. Im sure i got a good amount of white blood in me somewhere based on my complexion and s**t. That dont necessarily mean that I can walk around claiming white tho

I mean i could. . .but when the cops racially profile my a.ss and throw me in the back of that police car because i didnt have my seatbelt buckled, then what am i really? Nahmean, if the white lady clutching her purse when i enter the elevator, what difference do it really make that I consider myself white?
 7 years ago '09        #49
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
 Woodwin said:
White people cant get dreads like those

/thread

stop with the racism bro



[pic - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #50
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,151 | Props total: 224 224
Dude would fail the paper bag test and the comb test. s**t is irrelevant anyway, dude is whatever he defines himself as.
 7 years ago '09        #51
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
 Perfectibilist said:
I'm not the one who created the rule, American slave owners created it. l.
so why the hell are you following a rule created by racist idiots...makes you look kind of dumb, that rule was created by racist whites and is kept alive by ignorant blacks...its 2011......the 1 drop rule is dumb and racist
 7 years ago '08        #52
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
avatar space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
this s**t soundin like that dave chappelle s**t "racial draft" lol
 02-13-2011, 04:35 PM         #53
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
rofl


u got a point, but only to an extent. Im sure i got a good amount of white blood in me somewhere based on my complexion and s**t. That dont necessarily mean that I can walk around claiming white tho

I mean i could. . .but when the cops racially profile my a.ss and throw me in the back of that police car because i didnt have my seatbelt buckled, then what am i really? Nahmean, if the white lady clutching her purse when i enter the elevator, what difference do it really make that I consider myself white?
Great point.
I didn't include the part about your choosing to identify is limited by what you look like on purpose. It was to make the point that you can't just say, he's this percent this or than and just cllaim dude is white, black, or polka dotted or what not.

Black griffin LOOKS more white than black and that's going to shape how people treat him. He can f!ght the natural order of things and insist he's this or that if he wanted, and ultimately people who knew him who understand, but at first glance, dude is white and for someone on the fence, how you look set's the "tone' NO pun intended i swear lol.

It gets trickier with someone like marley though, cuz dude's not 50/50. I'd accept he's black because he could physically pas for it, and culturally is just that, black. But if it's sorta funny that dude is only 1/3 black. It's up to him though but it's funny.

And yes, 1 drop rule is wack. This isn't about trying to change the rules and claim a successful black man (who technically is less black that white). The 1 drop rule was made in ignorant times, under racial / political pressures by ignorant and biased people. Why back a rule that was unjust, racist, and illogical from the get go? Don't perpetuate that mess.
Let the man or woman choose their identify from the options their bloodline and heritage provide them.
 7 years ago '05        #54
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
 Jacc Blacc said:
stop with the racism bro



[pic - click to view]

LOl at the dirty a.ss stringy threads...i hate white people dreads s**ts be nasty and never lock up correctly.. all loose n s**t if you saw those in person ud be like
 02-13-2011, 04:36 PM         #55
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bkid said:
this s**t soundin like that dave chappelle s**t "racial draft" lol
HAH! hell yea. First thing that ran through my head when I read the thread title.
 02-13-2011, 04:37 PM         #56
big blak afrika  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
so why the hell are you following a rule created by racist idiots...makes you look kind of dumb, that rule was created by racist whites and is kept alive by ignorant blacks...its 2011......the 1 drop rule is dumb and racist
America for the most part follows that rule whether blacks follow it or not isn't going to change anything your environment dictates to you not the other way around. As far as the topic of course he's black because he's been called ****** before and discriminated against for being black. Same with Obama same with Griffin. Whites want to discriminate against the biracial but then when they do well want them back.
 7 years ago '05        #57
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
regarding griffin

white men cant jump, except maybe brent berry

/thread
 02-13-2011, 04:41 PM         #58
ngoogs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why does Obama get a pass?
 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM         #59
Buttersrugby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
America for the most part follows that rule whether blacks follow it or not isn't going to change anything your environment dictates to you not the other way around. As far as the topic of course he's black because he's been called ****** before and discriminated against for being black. Same with Obama same with Griffin. Whites want to discriminate against the biracial but then when they do well want them back.
You don't think that some black kids didn't see griffin walking around with his red headed mom and brother (who's got more red in his hair i think), and weren't like "look at that goofy white boy?" .... Does that make him white on that day?
 7 years ago '08        #60
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
avatar space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544

[video - click to view]


"we the black delegation choose tiger woods"
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy