Silva Upsets Fedor at Strikeforce Grand Prix Opening Round! (+results)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ty Dolla $ign & YG Reportedly Paid Aussie Soccer Star $100K To Avoid L..
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #421
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,311 | Props total: 2599 2599
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
I like how this guy takes like well over 20 of the top 10 wins Fedor has that I listed and out of all of them them he only includes the guy who has 15 stoppages. In other words, the Shane Carwin of PRIDE./
I responded to your post in the other thread! It was highly misleading...Claiming Coleman,Schilt, and Herring as top ten wins, amongst other things is poor form. And for someone who claims to be such an *MMA Expert*, I would think that you would know that the credibility of the majority of Zulu's wins are highly questionable, either for unknown f!ght promotions or *Challenge Matches*.

Oh yeah, And the Shane Carwin of PRIDE is certainly a clever moniker! Not really fitting,since he has a pair of decently credible wins in the division, and doesn't sport a loss to Butterbean on his record.
How come nobody gives a damn when Noguiera, whom Dana calls "the greatest HW", f!ghts Zuluzinho?
Nobody points to Zulu as a credible win for Nogueira, either.

You know why? Cuz you're pointless and have zero direction. Try again, with logic this time, please.

For someone who watches so much MMA, and has been a fan for such a long time, as you claim to, you seem to have some odd view points. Between claiming Zulu as a credible MMA win, your claims that Arlovski was number 2 in the world going into the Fedor f!ght, that Mark Coleman was top 6 going into the Fedor f!ghts, makes me question your credibility as an MMA fan.

Last edited by thehawk33; 02-13-2011 at 05:33 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #422
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 M.O.B. Erin D said:

You're joking, right?
Nope, seems pretty much on point as you wont discuss anything with anyone ... until you start ... you are dawned the cloak of biggest Strikeforce Stan!
 7 years ago '04        #423
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
It has been edited. I apologize.

I'd like to see your response to it though. It just puzzles me that there is actually an *MMA expert* out there who believes that Zulu and 2006 Mark Coleman are relevant wins in the HW division.
 7 years ago '04        #424
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
i was lucky enough to be at the IZOD center last night with floor seats, pretty surreal watching him get smashed like that

but he showed his incredible heart when he survived that arm-triangle and went for that leg lock attempt

he is still the greatest MMA f!ghter of all time and no one can take that from him
 7 years ago '04        #425
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
I'm not going to read all of this. Summarize your point in 3 sentences or less. Did Fedor r*pe your mother or something?
My point is that it's odd that someone who prides them self on being a *Knowledgeable MMA Fan* can bash the UFC talent in the HW division, yet claim that Zulu, 2006 Mark Coleman, Heath Herring, Semmy Schilt, ETC. are credible HW opponents.

Fedor is the Greatest HW in MMA history (9 years undefeated, 7 years number one in the HW division), but can you definitively state that what he did was by far and large better then the run Silva is on, when the vast majority of his wins came against competitors that weren't exactly the cream of the crop of the division, while Silva is beating them?

And Fedor did not r*pe my mom.

If you have anything contrary to this, unless you're a mixed martial artist yourself or have a black belt in something, I don't wanna hear it.
Strange line of thought here. Only black belts and MMA f!ghters can watch the sport analytically?
 7 years ago '05        #426
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
Anderson Silva has lost to bigger cans than Bigfoot Silva and Fabricio Werdum. There is no contesting this. This is a matter of record. He has been defeated. By lesser people than Fedor.

Anderson does NOT have the amount of top 10 wins nor tournament wins Fedor does.

Anderson Silva, even today, WOULD NOT defeat Fedor Emelianenko. This automatically qualifies Fedor as being the better f!ghter out of the two. Period.

Anderson does NOT compete outside of MMA and does NOT boast the prestigious record Fedor does at his respective martial art(s) (Fedor and Sambo and Anderson and BJJ/Muay Thai/etc).

Fedor is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time, and always will be. No matter what Anderson ever does.

let me guess u saw a couple bloodstain videos and now your all hyped. You still never answered that dudes questions. Fedor WAS the best HW but no one can do it forever. That is what I dont really understand about these guys holding on to the Pride glory days. MMA is so young that the evolution of the game is moving too rapid for Fedor to still be on top. And if you think that Anderson wont just leg kick Fedor into an oblivion you are just crazy. No one can match that speed and technique.

Oh and just to p!ss u off and because it is true. What Dana has done for MMA outweighs what the Emperor has done by leaps and bounds.
 7 years ago '04        #427
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
Anderson Silva has lost to bigger cans than Bigfoot Silva and Fabricio Werdum. There is no contesting this. This is a matter of record. He has been defeated. By lesser people than Fedor.
Absolutely. But would you consider the Anderson Silva who lost to Takase and Chonan to be the same f!ghter that we see in the UFC now?
Anderson does NOT have the amount of top 10 wins nor tournament wins Fedor does.
He does have the top ten wins. And I don't really value tournament wins too much. What makes the tournament wins credible is who you beat and while Fedor does have credible wins in his tournament victories, and I'd argue that Silva has more top ten wins without the tournaments
Anderson Silva, even today, WOULD NOT defeat Fedor Emelianenko. This automatically qualifies Fedor as being the better f!ghter out of the two. Period.
Pointless in a P4P GOAT argument. Just would mean he's bigger.
Anderson does NOT compete outside of MMA and does NOT boast the prestigious record Fedor does at his respective martial art(s) (Fedor and Sambo and Anderson and BJJ/Muay Thai/etc).
Again irrelevant. You can't bring up activities outside MMA when talking about the MMA GOAT.
 7 years ago '07        #428
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
both reem and big foot silva some roid pumping busters.
 7 years ago '05        #429
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
anybody reckon strikeforce will get bigger then UFC?
 7 years ago '08        #430
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,335 | Props total: 106 106
Fedor was the best f!ghter period last decade (not even debatable).

Overeem is the k-1 GP champ so how would JDS out strike him?

Scott Coker swag>>>Dana White

If Dana White was so cool he would put on f!ghts and tournaments fans want to see...

Cruz vs Edgar
Aldo vs Penn
St Pierre vs Silva
Silva vs Shogun or Bones Jones

Obviously UFC>>>Strikeforce
 7 years ago '05        #431
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 44Caliber said:

let me guess u saw a couple bloodstain videos and now your all hyped. You still never answered that dudes questions. Fedor WAS the best HW but no one can do it forever. That is what I dont really understand about these guys holding on to the Pride glory days. MMA is so young that the evolution of the game is moving too rapid for Fedor to still be on top. And if you think that Anderson wont just leg kick Fedor into an oblivion you are just crazy. No one can match that speed and technique.

Oh and just to p!ss u off and because it is true. What Dana has done for MMA outweighs what the Emperor has done by leaps and bounds.

You can't truly believe silva would defeat Fedor

People act like Fedor was losing left and right the past few years..

He was damn near invincible up until LAST year, don't give me that MMA has evolved bulls**t
 7 years ago '05        #432
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 markov said:
Fedor was the best f!ghter period last decade (not even debatable).

Overeem is the k-1 GP champ so how would JDS out strike him?

Scott Coker swag>>>Dana White

If Dana White was so cool he would put on f!ghts and tournaments fans want to see...

Cruz vs Edgar
Aldo vs Penn
St Pierre vs Silva
Silva vs Shogun or Bones Jones

Obviously UFC>>>Strikeforce
Talent wise, UFC has the upper hand in some divisions

but Strikeforce cards are so damn consistent and entertaining I don't see how anyone can hate on em
 7 years ago '08        #433
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,335 | Props total: 106 106
 Bea5T said:

but Strikeforce cards are so damn consistent and entertaining I don't see how anyone can hate on em
Your preaching to the choir

obviously UFC>>>Strikeforce

Strikeforce 2011 HW GP>>>Anything UFC 2011
 7 years ago '05        #434
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 Bea5T said:
You can't truly believe silva would defeat Fedor

People act like Fedor was losing left and right the past few years..

He was damn near invincible up until LAST year, don't give me that MMA has evolved bulls**t

So those looping punches would land on Silva? Not likely at all, did u see how slow Fedor is moving?

So u dont think the sport is evolving? Are you retarded? Just stop man, you must work for M-1 or something?

On a side note, Fedor retiring actually might be good for Strikeforce so that they can cut ties with M1. M1 is terrible and screwed up Fedor's last few good years with BS contract negotiations.
 02-14-2011, 12:16 AM         #435
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:

Well your comparing 6-8 major events a year, not counting strikeforce challengers.. .compared to 20 so of course your going to have more exciting f!ghts.. you have the same 8 guys in each divison f!ghting each other... guys like scott smith, robbie lawyler, josh thompson will always look to end f!ghts leading to exciting endings eather way.. and they will always f!ght in strikeforce because strikeforce has nowhere else to look
 02-14-2011, 12:20 AM         #436
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
MMA has been around since the gladiator days you dumb G.E.D. inbred moron. Log off and don't think about replying.

Your IQ is too low for me to be reading anymore garbage.
bro enough with the lecturing mma is young as a sport, this aint gladiator s**t with swords.. theres f**king rules and regulations f!ghters are evolving each year and guys like fedor with holes in their game are a thing of the past, same can be seen in matt hughes who was the most dominant f!ghter of all time
 02-14-2011, 12:27 AM         #437
clearm3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gravediggaz said:
anybody reckon strikeforce will get bigger then UFC?
never happening

far too much money has been invested to make the UFC name at this point unique

regular people who dont follow the UFC know the name and it just continues to grow. i love having multiple organizations that can put on shows as well but i dont see any brand surpassing the UFC ever at this point
 02-14-2011, 01:42 AM         #438
Alfie213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good. All those people who said he's the greatest heavyweight can get off it now
 7 years ago '08        #439
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
 Alfie213 said:
good. All those people who said he's the greatest heavyweight can get off it now
Fedor still has the 29 f!ght win streak that lasted about 10 years... Name me one f!ghter, any weight class, who had a run that comes even close to that. Go ahead I'll wait... btw Spider Silva is considered 1 or 2 p4p and he has 14 in a row... That's less than half of what Fedor did... He might not be the f!ghter he was in Pride, but you can't take away what he's done in the sport and say he's not the greatest heavyweight ever.
 7 years ago '08        #440
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
MMA has been around since the gladiator days you dumb G.E.D. inbred moron. Log off and don't think about replying.

Your IQ is too low for me to be reading anymore garbage.
You're talking about the ancient Greek sport called Pankration, and while it is a predecessor to MMA, you can't talk about it as though it has been accepted as a sport throughout the years. There were no rules... I imagine you could compare the early UFC days (before they had weight classes and judges decisions) to Pankration, but back then there was no such term as MMA and it was not considered a sport, as is happening increasingly these days.

I don't know how any knowledgeable fan could say that the sport hasn't evolved over the past few years... it's as simple as that. And if you realize how f!ghters have collectively gotten better as a whole over the past 10 years, it makes the argument of Fedor's all-time greatness that much easier to make.

M.O.B. Erin D said:
"Fedor with holes in his game" <- Strike one.
"The sport is young" <- Strike two.
"Matt Hughes was the most dominant f!ghter of all time" <- Strike three.
You know that guy probably meant the most dominant welterweight champ of all time... it's okay to correct and inform but you look funny being snarky and offering no explanations...
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy