Silva Upsets Fedor at Strikeforce Grand Prix Opening Round! (+results)

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #381
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,305 | Props total: 2596 2596
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Guys are 50 pounds heavier. I personally think he would do good at light Heavyweight. Still think he has the ability.
But Fedor hasn't solely lost these last two f!ghts based on a size disadvantage. He lost to Werdum because he recklessly jumped into the guard of a BJJ master, and Werdum capitalized with a textbook triangle armbar. He lost to Silva because his traditionally average takedown defense was once again exposed, and had little to offer with defense from his back against a guy who's top control BJJ is an echelon above your run of the mill Hammer Houser. And even on the feet, where as in his PRIDE Run where he was dominant due to his hand speed and the fluidity of his unorthodox yet effective striking, his age is showing tremendously. I don't understand how him dropping to a weight class, where the overall skill level of f!ghters is exponentially higher and these weaknesses in his game would be further exposed, is somehow a good idea.
 7 years ago '05        #382
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1317 1317
@ people thinking Fedor still better P4P then Silva

Fedor was best years ago, not anymore
 7 years ago '06        #383
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
40 pound difference tho
bad matchup either way

dont matter if fedor f!ghts lighter f!ghters, son looks done
 02-13-2011, 02:49 AM         #384
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love how Fedor been f!ghtin n*ggas with 30-40 pounds on him for years and nobody was complaining.

Now he's takin L's and it matters.
 7 years ago '09        #385
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 721 721
gotdamn Fedor!
 7 years ago '04        #386
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,771 | Props total: 312 312

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #387
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7325 7325

[video - click to view]

@
shots to christina at at the end
 7 years ago '07        #388
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
Fedor would get dominated in the UFC...dude is a joke! Dana couldn't even get PPV buys with this bum on a card.
 02-13-2011, 06:04 AM         #389
clearm3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you people saying big foot would take out many people are aware that a light heavyweight in mike kyle almost took him out two months ago?

cain, carwin and jds would of taken him out

fedor is stilla great heavyweight but his heart is not in it. he was talking retirement after the werdum loss. he is not dedicated to it like he was in his past. no need to keep f!ghting for the money. this man is a legend and should be treated as such. He got caught by Werdum and the big foot loss shouldnt mean that fedor couldnt take out any given heavyweight just about.

Overeem is still building, you are talking about a guy though who was knocked on his a.ss way back by the likes of Shogun and Liddell. His size is what makes him lethal right now with his striking. Let's judge him after this tourney though because beating Rogers and Duffee does not place you above the likes of Cain or JDS.

I would take Cain and JDS over any heavyweight living right now.

It is also completely bulls**t to think Rogers or Arvloski can be mentioned as top heavyweights currently. Barnett will get by Rogers easily. Barnett will get to the finals to f!ght Overeem or Werdum. I would even pick Barnett to win it all
 02-13-2011, 06:55 AM         #390
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Strikeforce >>>>> UFC by a mile period
 02-13-2011, 06:59 AM         #391
clearm3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why is it okay to bring up a loss in dos santos early career but it isnt okay to bring up overeem losses when overeem was experienced ???
 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM         #392
clearm3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this isnt logic, its common sense. you are trying to drop knowledge but are looking stupid.

dos santos started f!ghting in 06, he lost in 07. That is early in your career. Had he lost recently, we could talk s**t about the guy. He has shown nothing though that should disapprove of where he stands currently.

If you are trying to make sense then f**king do it. anyone who knows mma of course knows Overeem was garbage at light heavyweight, the fact remains a loss is a loss is it not??? You are judging Dos Santos off of a loss in 07 but you refuse to acknowledge Overeems losses in 06 or 07?? Make some sense please

He won the K1 Grand Prix, yes i give him that. Now tell me where does that apply to how he ranks in MMA??? Did I say Overeem is a horrible striker?? Did I say anything to discredit him? No, i never did until you discredit JDS for a loss in f**king 07. Be fair about it is what I am saying. Dont try to drop knowledge on people when your opinion isnt adding up
 7 years ago '07        #393
Sikdenim13 
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
If you aint undefeated you aint s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #394
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 M.O.B. Erin D said:
Okay. I'm sorry. I just wasn't expressing myself right. Junior dos Santos would get CRUSHED by Alistair Overeem. This is fact.

There.
Why would this happen? Because you have a Jiu Jitsu master? Because you have actually trained to try and f!ght in MMA, this makes you the say all be all?? GTFOH with your ragged a.ss bulls**t.

Overeem is not head and shoulders better then Cain, or JDS. Werdum was destroyed by JDS early in JDS's career ... telling you that a top HW in SF is not very elite.

Fedor is done (He was great). Overeem would match up against alot of top UFC Heavyweights ... and Big Foot is too slow for the quicker UFC f!ghters ... its on tape man ... but you know all Jiu Jitsu Green belt!
 7 years ago '09        #395
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
its finally caught up to fedor. f!ghting low level competition once or twice a year just isnt going to cut it. fedor has been able to get away with his lack of a ground game off his back for years. not anymore. a sad day for mma fans. 5 years ago this guy was untouchable. now hes losing to bigfoot "fall on you and lay on you" silva. unbelievable

fedor is too small to compete with the modern heavyweights. if he could stop eating ice cream id love to see him in the 205 division.

Last edited by ill 800; 02-13-2011 at 08:51 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #396
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
Werdum getting destroyed in JDS's UFC Debut bwahahahaha ... split his forehead with one shot!!!

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #397
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
 Gattsau said:
I agree other than low level comp i still think he fought the best avilable but he didnt f!ght enough and never updated his training. so hes stayed stagant (or even regressed) whereas everyone else has gotten light years better. He also never has a plan. Look at the werdum f!ght. His dominance was his downfall as he never had to change his training or strategies. Imagine if he took it more serious and got with a real camp like greg jacksons..
hes always said he doesnt really game plan so i doubt he watches a lot of tape. red devil camp is great and all...for boxing. fedor is surrounded by goons and yes men. if he was allowed to come to the ufc and train with some different camps after pride went under i think he wouldve had a much better finish to an amazing career.
 7 years ago '05        #398
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
strikeforce>>>>>>ufc

nothing but great f!ghts tonight!!! Kharitonov f**king s**t up!!!
 02-13-2011, 09:42 AM         #399
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gravediggaz said:
strikeforce>>>>>>ufc

nothing but great f!ghts tonight!!! Kharitonov f**king s**t up!!!
 7 years ago '09        #400
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 Ramazed said:
lol at junior being the best hw in the world

hes top 20 ill give him that
oh god ramazed your comment is both hilarious and dumb.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now