Silva Upsets Fedor at Strikeforce Grand Prix Opening Round! (+results)

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #361
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 2108 2108
Always felt shifty about dude being on his back.He has absolutely NO half-guard game.
 02-12-2011, 11:58 PM         #362
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alistair Overeem has really turned his career around, this tournament should be a showcase for him in North America. He always had an immense amount of talent when he was much younger, but it took some time for him to finally realize his potential. I'm looking for him to run through the competition here, but Josh Barnett is the true wildcard in this tournament.
 7 years ago '04        #363
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,320 | Props total: 2612 2612
I don't get the Fedor dropping weight thing. I mean, an obviously past his prime HW moving down and f!ghting in an infinitely more talented division would surely be a success....
 02-13-2011, 12:05 AM         #364
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehawk33 said:
I don't get the Fedor dropping weight thing. I mean, an obviously past his prime HW moving down and f!ghting in an infinitely more talented division would surely be a success....
It's that or retire. He's just not physically strong enough to be an elite competitor at heavyweight anymore. He still packs a punch and would love to see him at LHW f!ghting guys his own size. He can always just pick and choose his f!ghts in Japan. I think he'll retire.
 7 years ago '04        #365
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
I don't think Fedor's ability is completely gone, he's still crafty and can throw hands

it's just that these mofos that have come into HW division the last 5 or so years are just behemoths...there's a difference between being 230 and f!ghting other 205-240lb f!ghters than being 230 and having to go up against someone 265

And since it doesn't look like there's going to be a Super HW division to keep the 250+ f!ghters in, he's gotta get out of the HW division
 7 years ago '04        #366
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 Gramz said:
It's that or retire. He's just not physically strong enough to be an elite competitor at heavyweight anymore. He still packs a punch and would love to see him at LHW f!ghting guys his own size. He can always just pick and choose his f!ghts in Japan. I think he'll retire.
While I'd agree that he doesn't have the strength to contend with a guy like Silva, what people seem to forget is that even in his prime, it wasn't because he was ultra-strong or his technical prowess, but instead his hand speed and fluidity of his strikes. Which seemingly is all but gone. To suggest that he should drop down a weight class, where the competition is far more talented,i don't see how it would be a good move for him.

And as much as I enjoy him in football and basketball commentary, Gus Johnson continues to be horrendous while doing the Strikeforce broadcasts.

Last edited by thehawk33; 02-13-2011 at 12:20 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #367
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
 - Streetz - said:
Fedor the greatest Heavyweight huh
2 losses in 10 years geek.
 7 years ago '05        #368
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Fedor has always been a bum. Nothing new.
 02-13-2011, 12:24 AM         #369
DMoney3481 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f!ght was fixed, Silva, Fedor, and M1 made big cash tonight.:disdain2:
 7 years ago '04        #370
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 DMoney3481 said:
f!ght was fixed, Silva, Fedor, and M1 made big cash tonight.:disdain2:
 02-13-2011, 12:28 AM         #371
more_fya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude lost again. Shoulda took that Dana money while he had the chance.
 02-13-2011, 12:34 AM         #372
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehawk33 said:
While I'd agree that he doesn't have the strength to contend with a guy like Silva, what people seem to forget is that even in his prime, it wasn't because he was ultra-strong or his technical prowess, but instead his hand speed and fluidity of his strikes. Which seemingly is all but gone. To suggest that he should drop down a weight class, where the competition is far more talented,i don't see how it would be a good move for him.

And as much as I enjoy him in football and basketball commentary, Gus Johnson continues to be horrendous while doing the Strikeforce broadcasts.
He would be better off f!ghting in Japan to be honest, where he can pick his f!ghts if he is to continue f!ghting. He's still a big draw there. I don't see him moving down to be honest. The game finally caught up to Fedor... what a run he had in Pride, though.
 7 years ago '04        #373
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 Gramz said:
He would be better off f!ghting in Japan to be honest, where he can pick his f!ghts if he is to continue f!ghting. He's still a big draw there. I don't see him moving down to be honest. The game finally caught up to Fedor... what a run he had in Pride, though.
 7 years ago '09        #374
BKTerror45 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,670 | Props total: 128 128
just came back from the f!ght, was was shocked but not surprised cause something told me that this would end like that, i guess no more fedor vs overeem
 7 years ago '04        #375
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Dana is, and will forever be a d!ckhead.

Instead of acting as a supposed fan of MMA and either saying nothing, or giving props to one of the GOATS that is talking retirement he's still playing his "UFC or GTFO" card.
 7 years ago '04        #376
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 JBeezy said:
Dana is, and will forever be a d!ckhead.

Instead of acting as a supposed fan of MMA and either saying nothing, or giving props to one of the GOATS that is talking retirement he's still playing his "UFC or GTFO" card.
because he is the man

he's a d!ck but he's hilarious
 7 years ago '09        #377
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
I cant beleive the GOAT lost. I can tell you something, not everyone could of took that beating like he took in round 2
 7 years ago '06        #378
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
mothaf**king Sherdog blew up
all those fedor fiends .. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 7 years ago '05        #379
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 more_fya said:
dude lost again. Shoulda took that Dana money while he had the chance.
Dana money = pennies lmao
 7 years ago '05        #380
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
fedor wasnt always a bum but over the past 5 or 6 years he really doesnt have any notable wins over f!ghters in their primes. his last good win was over nog in 2005 and even that went to decision. m-1 will still sumhow bend SF over and get them to give fedor some ridiculous f!ght for them to co-promote.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago