Silva Upsets Fedor at Strikeforce Grand Prix Opening Round! (+results)

most viewed right now
Article inside Drake thanks Kanye for writing him 1 of 20 plus songs YE has done for..
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye Says fu-k The Youth Of Chicago.
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Godfather 50 Runs Up On MMA Loser Who Was Talking Smack About Him
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So The Game is on his way to NY to kill Tekashi
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #341
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,704 | Props total: 1451 1451
 nattidred said:
I'm glad I caught this before i dipped

it's funny you didn't mention overeem cause he's about to win this tournament

the only UFC HWs that are worth mentioning at this time are JDS and Cain and the reem>>both

I'd put Kharitanov, Barnett and rogers against the rest of the UFC HWs and bet that they'd win

no stanism involved just f!ght knowledge

the UFC HWs are thin at the moment hell the UFC might steal those dudes from strikeforce
Overeem overated to me when was his last QUALITY f!ght against a quality opponent? When I criticized Fedor I always stated Fedor at least had some good quality wins in his prime Overeem has never shown Greatness, he lost f!ghts against the quality opponents he faced dude be ducking drug testing his career is mad suspect especially lately with these opponents I dont believe the hype at all I put him in the same boat as how I view Brock Lesnar
 7 years ago '04        #342
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,531 | Props total: 83 83
Fedor is past his prime ... he is still legit and could end a f!ght at anytime given the moment ...

Overated? Hell No ... and that's coming from a guy that hates him ... dude is legit MMA Legendary Figure!
 7 years ago '06        #343
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$26,856 | Props total: 10191 10191
Fedor the greatest Heavyweight huh
 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM         #344
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fedor has been in a lot of wars and time just catches up to most f!ghters. Antonio Silva must have outweighed him by like 60 pounds, and not to mention he is really agile on the ground for a guy that big. With that said, I don't see being able to bully Alistair Overeem like that. Would actually like to see him cut to 205, as he was just naturally the weaker f!ghter out there tonight. Big Foot has been slept-on for years, though.

A focused Josh Barnett can win this whole thing. Ring rust is going to have play a role, though. I actually thought he was going to be the first guy to beat Fedor when they were going to have that f!ght in Affliction years ago.
 7 years ago '04        #345
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,492 | Props total: 3195 3195
Out of all Strikeforce heavyweights, I really didn't think Silva would be the one to pound the s**t outta him...
 7 years ago '04        #346
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,531 | Props total: 83 83
For the record ... Bigfoot looks slow as hell compared to the UFC Heavyweights ... But he is lethal with his slow a.ss strikes ...
 7 years ago '05        #347
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 Gattsau said:
odds are determined by who the viewing public thinks will win.

how many people in america have seen big foot f!ght b4????

odds mean nothing.

cowboys were favored to win it all prior to the nfl season starting

were they 5 to 1 favorites to win it all?
 7 years ago '09        #348
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$38,252 | Props total: 23812 23812
fedor is very humble in defeat
 02-12-2011, 10:50 PM         #349
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
For the record ... Bigfoot looks slow as hell compared to the UFC Heavyweights ... But he is lethal with his slow a.ss strikes ...
His Jiu-Jitsu is legit for a guy that size, though. I could see him giving some guys in the UFC like Frank Mir and Roy Nelson plenty of problems.
 7 years ago '04        #350
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,506 | Props total: 806 806
For Werdum to be elite, he's gotta beat elite and eh...

yes I am going to ignore Overeem's K-1 because I ain't going to act like I watched him f!ght in it...but I do know about his MMA history and he ain't s**t on his record to make me believe he is elite

yeah, Fedor could beat middle of the pack HWs but what would that really prove? His detractors have been saying that he's been dodging the best that the UFC had to offer...what would whooping Kongo or Mir really prove?
 7 years ago '04        #351
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,891 | Props total: 4720 4720
Glad to hear Coker is willing to play fast and loose with the tournament rules Strikeforce laid out. It's not like integrity is valuable
 7 years ago '10        #352
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,351 | Props total: 3633 3633
Always felt shifty about dude being on his back.He has absolutely NO half-guard game.
 02-12-2011, 10:58 PM         #353
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alistair Overeem has really turned his career around, this tournament should be a showcase for him in North America. He always had an immense amount of talent when he was much younger, but it took some time for him to finally realize his potential. I'm looking for him to run through the competition here, but Josh Barnett is the true wildcard in this tournament.
 7 years ago '04        #354
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
I don't get the Fedor dropping weight thing. I mean, an obviously past his prime HW moving down and f!ghting in an infinitely more talented division would surely be a success....
 02-12-2011, 11:05 PM         #355
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehawk33 said:
I don't get the Fedor dropping weight thing. I mean, an obviously past his prime HW moving down and f!ghting in an infinitely more talented division would surely be a success....
It's that or retire. He's just not physically strong enough to be an elite competitor at heavyweight anymore. He still packs a punch and would love to see him at LHW f!ghting guys his own size. He can always just pick and choose his f!ghts in Japan. I think he'll retire.
 7 years ago '04        #356
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,506 | Props total: 806 806
I don't think Fedor's ability is completely gone, he's still crafty and can throw hands

it's just that these mofos that have come into HW division the last 5 or so years are just behemoths...there's a difference between being 230 and f!ghting other 205-240lb f!ghters than being 230 and having to go up against someone 265

And since it doesn't look like there's going to be a Super HW division to keep the 250+ f!ghters in, he's gotta get out of the HW division
 7 years ago '04        #357
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
 Gramz said:
It's that or retire. He's just not physically strong enough to be an elite competitor at heavyweight anymore. He still packs a punch and would love to see him at LHW f!ghting guys his own size. He can always just pick and choose his f!ghts in Japan. I think he'll retire.
While I'd agree that he doesn't have the strength to contend with a guy like Silva, what people seem to forget is that even in his prime, it wasn't because he was ultra-strong or his technical prowess, but instead his hand speed and fluidity of his strikes. Which seemingly is all but gone. To suggest that he should drop down a weight class, where the competition is far more talented,i don't see how it would be a good move for him.

And as much as I enjoy him in football and basketball commentary, Gus Johnson continues to be horrendous while doing the Strikeforce broadcasts.

Last edited by thehawk33; 02-12-2011 at 11:20 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #358
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 71 71
 - Streetz - said:
Fedor the greatest Heavyweight huh
2 losses in 10 years geek.
 7 years ago '05        #359
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Fedor has always been a bum. Nothing new.
 02-12-2011, 11:24 PM         #360
DMoney3481 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f!ght was fixed, Silva, Fedor, and M1 made big cash tonight.:disdain2:
Home      

most viewed right now
Is this a real pawg?
26 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
51 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1321 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
#bigbreasttwitter
34 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
100 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sarah Silverman is still torn over Louis C.K. misconduct claims: 'He's my brot..
38 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Duchess is bad af
50 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy