[MTO rumor] Drake wants to leave Young Money and join Jay-Z's Roc Nation * Baby blocking him

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
236 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 CA$H MONEY said:
Album wise he is.......You're Correct. You should know that theres more than one way to make money in the music business. Jay-z aka Roc Nation has his hands in a lot of things musically. From Promotion, to production, songwriting, management duties, Basically the act of "branding" an artist....By saying that, I mean that Jay-z could very well already have his hand in a few "ventures" Drake might have going on, just not the actual "music".

Once his contract is up, Drake's...............

I guess you never heard some of Drakes very first comments about signing to YM...."When I first met Wayne, I was super nervous because I thought he'd see me as a goofy dude..."
read a few post up and you see I obviously know that. But there is no way from him to leave Cash Money per se. Sure he can join Roc Nation as a managed artist or other aspects such as touring, or branding, he records for Universal and will be affliated with Cash Money thats jsut that.
 7 years ago '04        #62
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,392 | Props total: 593 593
idk why he didnt sign wit the roc in da first place
 7 years ago '04        #63
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 hustlershope84 said:
read a few post up and you see I obviously know that. But there is no way from him to leave Cash Money per se. Sure he can join Roc Nation as a managed artist or other aspects such as touring, or branding, he records for Universal and will be affliated with Cash Money thats jsut that.
My fault Homie....Just getting in from work. Kinda sped through the thread....lol...But you're right. For now, he is stuck with Cash Money. I never really knew exactly what his contract required. But Once he's gaven them the music he owes, I could easily see him joining Roc Nation. Couldnt you? He fits them more them YMCMB. It would make perfect sense.
 7 years ago '05        #64
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19

[pic - click to view]

02-11-2011, 02:13 PM         #65
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k u b**ch
 7 years ago '07        #66
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16222 16222
who and what is relevant at roc nation besides Jay Z? y would he go there? Maybe I guess knowing babies bidness he may be gettin ckufed.. Im sure baby made sure he gets a good percent of young money
 7 years ago '04        #67
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
MTO is a piece of s**t website but I wouldn't be surprised if Drake really does want out of YM. Ever since Wayne got out, I haven't seen him chilling with any YM members and all you see is pics of him by himself bumming it out.

I'm sure s**t ain't like it was. Going with Jay wouldn't get him shelved. Drake is hot right now and Jay would cash in on that.
 7 years ago '04        #68
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
who and what is relevant at roc nation besides Jay Z? y would he go there? Maybe I guess knowing babies bidness he may be gettin ckufed.. Im sure baby made sure he gets a good percent of young money
Roc Nation is building a pretty decent roster of artists included several foreign artists on the brink of stardom. I personally wasn't feeling Drake's album. I thought the mixtape was far better. But I recognize his star power to the fullest. As a businessman it makes perfect sense for Jay to go after him. He's a star now without the "might catch a case any day" baggage that most stars bring. Additionally, he can help carry the label until the other artists get their heat. In my opinion, it would be a very safe move for Jay to snatch em up now while he's young, fresh (no homo), and untainted. The industry can chew you up and spit you out.
 7 years ago '06        #69
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8659 8659
why does Drake even needs to sign with roc-nation even if Drake leaves YM. The whole world is on Jayz d!ck. Drake could stand on his own two feet.
 7 years ago '10        #70
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
If you read my above post you will see that RocNation is very relevant.
 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM         #71
80sbabyent  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who got shelved at Roc Nation? everybody keeps saying this but with no evidence. As for J Cole, Im glad you guys aren't record execs. Only a fool would push J Cole right now. Warner did that with Wiz in 2007 and look what happened, he failed horribly. Now after he put in work and built his base from the ground up it's working, and Atlantic's patience is about to profit HUGE off of Warners impatience.

Jay said in an interview a while back that he wanted Roc Nation to be a place where talent could come and build their brands, not just a non stop mass production record label. Wale is doing just fine under Roc Nation Management, J Cole is doing just fine, and Drake will do just fine if he makes the switch.
 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM         #72
80sbabyent  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:

2010: "Rude Boy" (Rihanna)
2010: "Beautiful Monster" (Ne-Yo)
2010: "Happiness" (Alexis Jordan)
2010: "Only Girl (In the World)" (Rihanna)
2010: "What's My Name?" (Rihanna)
2010: "Firework" (Katy Perry)
2011: "Black and Yellow" (Wiz Khalifa)

All relevant, All not Jay-Z, All Roc Nation.
 7 years ago '04        #73
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
 80sbabyent said:
Who got shelved at Roc Nation? everybody keeps saying this but with no evidence. As for J Cole, Im glad you guys aren't record execs. Only a fool would push J Cole right now. Warner did that with Wiz in 2007 and look what happened, he failed horribly. Now after he put in work and built his base from the ground up it's working, and Atlantic's patience is about to profit HUGE off of Warners impatience.

Jay said in an interview a while back that he wanted Roc Nation to be a place where talent could come and build their brands, not just a non stop mass production record label. Wale is doing just fine under Roc Nation Management, J Cole is doing just fine, and Drake will do just fine if he makes the switch.
 7 years ago '10        #74
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 80sbabyent said:

exactly, its probably safe to say that RocNation is more successful than Rocafella. Or at least close to it.
 7 years ago '05        #75
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
n*ggas Really Agruing Over MTO Bulls**t?
 7 years ago '07        #76
robwb88 1 heat pts
space
space
$604 | Props total: 25 25
 marcusaka50 said:
mediatakeout plus YMCMB is pop artists anyway. Just because everybody around him is doing hood s**t doesn't mean he got to do the same s**t they do. What is Drake 12yrs old?
:iagree: This story has Media Takeout all over it. When XXL or Source confirms it is when I believe it. Thats like listening to the National Enquirer.
 7 years ago '04        #77
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
 80sbabyent said:

HOLY s**t stargate is absolutely k!lling it
 7 years ago '10        #78
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
 FrostyNug24 said:

HOLY s**t stargate is absolutely k!lling it
hell yea.
 7 years ago '08        #79
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1272 1272
if drake likes money (and im sure he does), he"ll stay right the f**k there at YM. No hip hop act puts out more crossover, across the board hits than them and seeing as how he went plat the first time, does more than his share of inter-label collabos, and has hip hop since 1972 and his own team backing him, creative control (if its even a problem asking for it, which i doubt it is) prolly isn't the issue.
 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM         #80
PRiNC3SSxKiSS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 80sbabyent said:

He's making money off of them. But they're not all signed to RocNation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy