The Official Marvel VS Capcom 3 Thread

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM         #141
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Poor Seth k!llian, In this week's Bit Transmission podcast (to be posted tomorrow), I mercilessly pummeled the guy with Marvel Vs Capcom 3 questions. I wanted to know everything about the game; how the game would play, how many characters would be in the final roster, how long the game's been in the works, and most importantly, when would I be playing it.

Seth did his best to answer my questions, and in doing so, he let me know that "there's a chance that the game will playable at E3." That's less than two months away. Score one for the videogame journalists.

Hit the jump for a few of Mr k!llian's choice responses to questions regarding the current state of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and how it compares to its predecessors, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

On Marvel Vs Capcom 3's f!ghting engine, you could just sense that Seth wanted to tell us more than he was allowed to-

" We'll be getting into one of the key things that makes Marvel (Vs Capcom) 3 totally different, or you know, a unique experience from Marvel (Vs Capcom) 2... I shouldn't say that it's (Marvel Vs Capcom 3) is totally different. Fans of Marvel (Vs Capcom) 2 are not going to be alienated by (Marvel Vs Capcom) 3."

After that he just sort of changed the subject. So yeah, he's forced to waffle a bit there, but he's totally clear about this next bit-

"Yeah, I've played a lot of the game. Right now, there are about 30 characters (in Marvel Vs Capcom 3). I get upset because I keep hearing people say 'Oh, so there's 30 characters in the game?' Well, yes, but they're also going to keep adding characters until we're done with the game... There are 30 characters right now. They're not all done. They're at various stages. Some are pretty far along, some have a long way to go."

On how closely Marvel Vs Capcom 3 may end up resembling the Wii exclusive Tatsunoko Vs Capcom-

" We're definitely not evacuating Tatsuonoko [Vs. Capcom]. They're quite different games. You're not going to have everything you liked about Tatsunoko Vs Capcom sucked out and put on another platform."

And finally, on the topic of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom's sales-

"[Tatsunoko Vs Capcom] certainly beat the initial expectations. It didn't set any land speed records, but it was a success. And that's really saying something considering that we're talking about a game that was not only never coming out, but has a title that most people can't even pronounce."

It's nice to hear a developer own up to the notion that when their games don't set any "land speed" sales records on the Wii, it's not necessarily the fault of the Wii and/or its audience. Games that start with the word Tatsunoko, ultra-violent, black-and-white beat 'em ups, FPSs with no online play; no matter how great these games may be, publishers should expect them to sell in the millions, not on the Wii, not on any platform.

[pic - click to view]

aka there will be an initial amount of characters, but there will be many more
 8 years ago '06        #142
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
i went in my local gamestop today to pick up ssf4, and they are already reserving mvc3. i don't know if this was posted already, but the official release date is 3-2-2011. the guy said right after the announcment was made that the game was being made, his main office sent down a pre-order date. pretty sweet huh? :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #143
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,068 | Props total: 1503 1503
 jgamel81 said:
i went in my local gamestop today to pick up ssf4, and they are already reserving mvc3. I don't know if this was posted already, but the official release date is 3-2-2011. The guy said right after the announcment was made that the game was being made, his main office sent down a pre-order date. Pretty sweet huh? :dancingcool:
not really its still to yung to predict that will be the official release date
 8 years ago '07        #144
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1356 1356
soooo, this shytt drops 1 year from now right?
 8 years ago '08        #145
AyeDre 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
wowwwww such a long wait lol....
 8 years ago '04        #146
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
 PhrozenMenace said:
bring back take you for ride track n im sold
Posted via Mobile Device

i hated that song...
 8 years ago '06        #147
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,784 | Props total: 469 469
Just thinking having Deadpool & Punisher on the same team.

SCARY.
 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM         #148
The Muffin Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StreetZ17 said:
Just thinking having Deadpool & Punisher on the same team.

SCARY.
is cable in this game?

cable plus those two would be ridiculous
 04-30-2010, 03:01 AM         #149
quest187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats mad dope, i thought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars thaat was the new marvel vs capcom 3 but thats it own game 2 i gotta get both of them then cuz Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is a good gameeeee!!!!!
 8 years ago '07        #150
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
unlike y'all. im not gonna build my expectations up for this game even after the screenshots leak.
 8 years ago '05        #151
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,657 | Props total: 669 669
I hope Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men Children of the Atom come back as well. Maybe it's just me , but I also enjoyed Marvel one on one slug fests as well.
 8 years ago '04        #152
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 Neohuey89 said:
I hope Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men Children of the Atom come back as well. Maybe it's just me , but I also enjoyed Marvel one on one slug fests as well.
prolly for ps3s ps1 games but as far as psn/xbl i doubt it
 8 years ago '05        #153
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,657 | Props total: 669 669
 XxC4xX said:
prolly for ps3s ps1 games but as far as psn/xbl i doubt it
I meant like making a new one.
 8 years ago '04        #154
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
Blade please!!! And dante please
 8 years ago '04        #155
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
 MiseryCityTexas said:
unlike y'all. im not gonna build my expectations up for this game even after the screenshots leak.
co-sign... unless they add some crazy features, or diverse characters we haven't seen before, i'm not getting my hopes up...
 8 years ago '07        #156
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1356 1356
i predict 100 f!ghters
 8 years ago '04        #157
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 jhj26 said:
i predict 100 f!ghters
Naw it will have about 40 total... Is my guess unfortunately
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #158
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,017 | Props total: 19948 19948
 Ra-da-god said:
Blade please!!! And dante please
f**k yea!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #159
Solidus 
space
space
space
$1,559 | Props total: 10 10
there not gunna have less f!ghters then mvc2 and i specifically remember reading and i quoit from capcom

players will be surprised at the sheer numbers of characters
 8 years ago '04        #160
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Big War said:
co-sign... unless they add some crazy features, or diverse characters we haven't seen before, i'm not getting my hopes up...
f**k THAT!!! why fix what ain't broke? sometimes all people what is more characters and better graphics things doesn't always have to change with the generation thats what f**ked up the defjam series if they would have went with the FFNY engine but had more characters more finishers and better graphics they coulda went with the exact same ICON storyline and the game would have been great people have to learn when NOT to f**k with something
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago