most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #121
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Isiah61 said:
Yea Deadpool. Man f**k that, I don't care who in it as long as they got this jam in it...
CLASSIC MUSIC RIGHT THERE!! They should keep it on part 3
 8 years ago '06        #122
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 PhrozenMenace said:
bring back take you for ride track n im sold
Posted via Mobile Device
that is by far the worst theme song in the entire series. MvC2 lacked all the excitement in terms of presentation that made XvSF, MvSF and MvC crazy. MvC2 was all faux-jazzy and laid back and sh*t. F*ck outta here. I thought Cyclops was gonna come out play a sax, not f!ghting. This trailer shows that it should be gritty though.
 8 years ago '05        #123
Basicgz 
space
space
 jayvivz said:
that is by far the worst theme song in the entire series. MvC2 lacked all the excitement in terms of presentation that made XvSF, MvSF and MvC crazy. MvC2 was all faux-jazzy and laid back and sh*t. F*ck outta here. I thought Cyclops was gonna come out play a sax, not f!ghting. This trailer shows that it should be gritty though.
f**k that.....Take you for a ride track was cheesy but got me hyped up cuz it meant I was gonna whip some a.ss on the sticks that music meant it was f**kin GO TIME!!! :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '06        #124
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 Basicgz said:
f**k that.....Take you for a ride track was cheesy but got me hyped up cuz it meant I was gonna whip some a.ss on the sticks that music meant it was f**kin GO TIME!!! :dancingcool:
oh true.
 8 years ago '05        #125
Basicgz 
space
space
they need to have more than 30 characters cause what made part 2 have lots of replay value is that u had to earn 50 plus characters, it kept my interest
 8 years ago '08        #126
AyeDre 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
take you for a ride was coo for like a month then it made me sick lol
 8 years ago '04        #127
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 223 223
Sean better be all up in this b**ch..
 8 years ago '04        #128
Solidus 
space
space
space
$1,559 | Props total: 10 10
i dunno about take you for a ride but this track on this trailer is wild
for thsoe who have not seen it teaser trailer but a trailer non the less - this is legit

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Solidus; 04-21-2010 at 03:13 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #129
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,660 | Props total: 366 366
Gimme Rulk,Sentry, Ares, and Luke Cage
 8 years ago '05        #130
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1402 1402
the track in the trailer would be a great intro for the game
 8 years ago '04        #131
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
damn cant wait for them to show more of the game @ E3
 04-21-2010, 10:18 PM         #132
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im gonna cum.
 8 years ago '04        #133
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,056 | Props total: 1463 1463
IM GOIN IN ON THIS 1. JUST LIKE I DID WITH THE LAST ONE :grin2:
 8 years ago '08        #134
AyeDre 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
I hope they have all the modes SSF4 has. Like tournament and what not. Replays and all that jazz. Can't wait for this.
 8 years ago '09        #135
SumNigga313 2 heat pts
space
space
$254 | Props total: 0 0
 Kyoji24 said:
I co-sign for that, Capcom vs Snk 2 was 25 times better than MvC2(in my opinion), it would be so AWESOME if they would release CvS3 as well.
I agree thou I play both games CvS2 was better than MvC2 takes more skill to play CvS2 MvC2 can get a little to crazy and wild sometimes. CvS3 is what Im waiting on more then anything they need to make CvS2 online 4 the ps3 I would love to play dat online.
 8 years ago '04        #136
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
 jayvivz said:
*shrugs* when I had it on dreamcast, once the bootleggin started i put my retail copy up and made my own bootleg of it with custom music. my character select screen was that 8 ball and mjg song - dont make me good times whoopin a.ss over a custom sountrack on the dreamcast with people askin me how i did it
 8 years ago '04        #137
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[pic - click to view]

When Capcom first unveiled the art a.ssets for the first six characters to be confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 I, like many out there as well I'm sure, just a.ssumed that they were studio art pieces. It came as a great surprise to me when Capcom revealed that they were, in fact, in-game character models!

I've been "marveling" at the artwork since that revelation. I grew up reading and collecting Marvel comics, as did my father. I also used to be a decent pencil and ink artist myself during that period, and carefully studied techniques that various Marvel artists used in the comics that I loved. If these are indeed in-game character models, they would truly be comics come to life.

I would like to now share my appreciation of these models with you, giving impressions of details that I have noticed. Keep in mind that I am neither a professional artist nor a professional graphics designer or 3D modeler, so my terminology may not be industry accurate. With that in mind, let's examine some details using the model for Wolverine as an example.

OVERVIEW:

The model is a magnificent recreation of the art style used in many modern comic books. Many comics use a combination of black ink for detail, outlining, and shadow and airbrush-looking color techniques for (duh) color, softer shading or lighting, to add subtle detail and to create more 3 dimentional looking shapes. This model does all of these things.

EDGES:

Many games that use a cel-shaded art style make very heavy use of solid black lines around everything. Most comics, especially early comics, did this as well. However, the models used in MvC3 use a more modern approach, using the ink in areas where necessary to create hard separation between the character and the background (or other character elements) and using color alone in other areas for that separation. (B) in the graphic above illustrates an area where lots of hard edges are used to bring out details in a heavily shadowed area where (A) shows that Wolverine's back has no black line, using only color to create the edge of the shape.

COLOR:

One of the more stunning aspects of these models to me is the use of color. These models obviously use cleverly designed shaders to create that "airbrushed look". (D) is a great example of this. That airbrushed color also provides subtle shading on the individual muscles where the absolute black, representing ink, provides the deep shadow. (B) is another excellent example of this.

The color is also used to show lighting. In (C) you can see blue lighting on Wolverine's face while in (D) you see blue lighting on his inner leg, for example.

INKING TECHNIQUE:

In comic books, sometimes black ink is used to help express a 3D shape on the obviously 2D page surface. Rapid line techniques are often used to achieve this, allowing artists to use the absolute black of ink to suggest a softer shadow. The picture on the left of Wolverine's head shows the use of rapid lines to help suggest a rounded head shape coming off the hard black shadow. The bottom of the bicep muscle in (B) also shows this technique. This technique has been used in comics for a long time.

If you are put off by the generous use of absolute black shadows in these character models, do not fear. The lighting in these character renders was obviously positioned to maximize the "comic book look". In the actual game, the lighting will be dynamic. If the scene is dark, there will be lots of shadows. If Ryu throws his Shinku Hadoken, the screen will obviously be all lights and those shadows will be appropriate.

8 years ago '09        #138
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
Release date yet? I'm a.ssuming around the Holiday season?
 8 years ago '04        #139
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
 Da Ill One said:

[pic - click to view]

When Capcom first unveiled the art a.ssets for the first six characters to be confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 I, like many out there as well I'm sure, just a.ssumed that they were studio art pieces. It came as a great surprise to me when Capcom revealed that they were, in fact, in-game character models!

I've been "marveling" at the artwork since that revelation. I grew up reading and collecting Marvel comics, as did my father. I also used to be a decent pencil and ink artist myself during that period, and carefully studied techniques that various Marvel artists used in the comics that I loved. If these are indeed in-game character models, they would truly be comics come to life.

I would like to now share my appreciation of these models with you, giving impressions of details that I have noticed. Keep in mind that I am neither a professional artist nor a professional graphics designer or 3D modeler, so my terminology may not be industry accurate. With that in mind, let's examine some details using the model for Wolverine as an example.

OVERVIEW:

The model is a magnificent recreation of the art style used in many modern comic books. Many comics use a combination of black ink for detail, outlining, and shadow and airbrush-looking color techniques for (duh) color, softer shading or lighting, to add subtle detail and to create more 3 dimentional looking shapes. This model does all of these things.

EDGES:

Many games that use a cel-shaded art style make very heavy use of solid black lines around everything. Most comics, especially early comics, did this as well. However, the models used in MvC3 use a more modern approach, using the ink in areas where necessary to create hard separation between the character and the background (or other character elements) and using color alone in other areas for that separation. (B) in the graphic above illustrates an area where lots of hard edges are used to bring out details in a heavily shadowed area where (A) shows that Wolverine's back has no black line, using only color to create the edge of the shape.

COLOR:

One of the more stunning aspects of these models to me is the use of color. These models obviously use cleverly designed shaders to create that "airbrushed look". (D) is a great example of this. That airbrushed color also provides subtle shading on the individual muscles where the absolute black, representing ink, provides the deep shadow. (B) is another excellent example of this.

The color is also used to show lighting. In (C) you can see blue lighting on Wolverine's face while in (D) you see blue lighting on his inner leg, for example.

INKING TECHNIQUE:

In comic books, sometimes black ink is used to help express a 3D shape on the obviously 2D page surface. Rapid line techniques are often used to achieve this, allowing artists to use the absolute black of ink to suggest a softer shadow. The picture on the left of Wolverine's head shows the use of rapid lines to help suggest a rounded head shape coming off the hard black shadow. The bottom of the bicep muscle in (B) also shows this technique. This technique has been used in comics for a long time.

If you are put off by the generous use of absolute black shadows in these character models, do not fear. The lighting in these character renders was obviously positioned to maximize the "comic book look". In the actual game, the lighting will be dynamic. If the scene is dark, there will be lots of shadows. If Ryu throws his Shinku Hadoken, the screen will obviously be all lights and those shadows will be appropriate.

i def know it isnt a hand drawn model. so im guessing its a more refined street f!ghter 4 model style.
 04-26-2010, 12:16 AM         #140
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks like the Budokai technniq...Cel-shaded style like i always imagined it should be
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy