Jerry Sloan to resign today

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 fmoney88 said:
what has he done, dude has been coaching forever and has no championship to show for it...

hes just another coach who coached for a long a.ss time nothing special
his teams barley had down years when he was there. they always be in playoff contention. thats pretty hard to do. especially in utah where nobody really wants to go there like that
 7 years ago '09        #82
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
f**k Deron Williams. n*gga aint good enough to be giving demands vs a HOF coach. n*ggas have no respect these days.

Where is that n*gga that broke his jaw back at Illinois, Deron needs a tune up.
 7 years ago '10        #83
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
Jeff Fisher not a titan and Jerry Sloan not a jazz in the same year? wtf?

the world is about to end
 7 years ago '08        #84
nattidred 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,380 | Props total: 1 1
 Main Event said:
@tribjazz: Sources say Sloan had lost team. One described situation as Deron Williams only staying if Sloan stepped down

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Two sources say Wednesday's tension started when DWill ran different play than play called on sideline by Sloan, leading to halftime blowup
damn I could understand why he stepped down now

he's in the hall of fame for a reason dude is a legendary coach

some of these homies obviously never watched the stockton & malone days

Last edited by nattidred; 02-10-2011 at 02:29 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #85
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,534 | Props total: 3825 3825
gotta respect sloan...
he's seen it all & been through it all.
went up against GREAT teams his entire career & just couldn't get over that hump :sad5:
 7 years ago '08        #86
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Why he doing it midseason? Do it after....
 7 years ago '10        #87
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
old a.ss shoulda been retired after STOCKTON & MALONE left

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #88
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,159 | Props total: 864 864
WOW he was one of the best...coached dam near as long as i been alive
 7 years ago '10        #89
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 fmoney88 said:
here we go again with the If's. Im all about reality. dude has coached forever and has nothing to show for it....hes simply not that a good a coach

But i forgot in the nba any coach who coaches for a long time is a good coach.

How you have all those f**king wins and no championship??? Hes obvisouly not a good coach

I remember when I first signed up on bx a few months, didn't you make thread about Lebron being the GOAT?

7 years ago '06        #90
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
Damn seeing Booz in another uni and D Will get abused by Rose made him say f**k it...
 02-10-2011, 02:35 PM         #91
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
@tribjazz: Sources say Sloan had lost team. One described situation as Deron Williams only staying if Sloan stepped down

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Two sources say Wednesday's tension started when DWill ran different play than play called on sideline by Sloan, leading to halftime blowup

yikes..
 7 years ago '08        #92
Ron O'Neal 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,313 | Props total: 1258 1258

Quote:
After a 23-season Hall-of-Fame run as coach of the Utah Jazz, Jerry Sloan abruptly resigned his job on Thursday.

Sloan, 68, had agreed to a one-year contract extension in the past week but things publicly turned late Wednesday after a long meeting with Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor following the team’s loss to the Chicago Bulls in Salt Lake City. Sloan and his longtime a.ssistant, Phil Johnson, resigned together on Thursday. The Jazz planned a 5 p.m. ET news conference to officially make the announcement.

Sloan’s relationship with point guard Deron Williams(notes) had grown progressively worse over the course of the season, league sources said, and the coach had tired of dealing with the team’s best player. The frustration escalated on Wednesday night when Sloan and Williams clashed in the locker room at halftime.

“He decided right there in halftime that he was done,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports. “He felt like ownership was listening more to Williams than they were to him anymore. He was done.”

One source said Sloan had become tired of Williams “blaming everything on everyone else.”
Still, Williams, who can become a free agent in the summer of 2012, has remained the Jazz’s best and most consistent player after the departure of several key teammates. Williams has always had a reputation for wanting to win badly and being a strong leader.

Assistant coach Ty Corbin, who is expected to be a candidate for other head-coaching jobs next offseason, is believed to be the heir apparent. His agent, Steve Kauffman, was still waiting to hear from Jazz officials on Thursday afternoon about the naming of Corbin as the interim coach.

7 years ago '05        #93
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,730 | Props total: 12514 12514
from Jon Amechi's book it's an interesting piece:
When I brought up the ways the system didn't work for me, Jerry looked like he wanted to shoot holes right through my heart. During one home game, I got slapped with a three-second violation. "Stupid f---ing c--t!" he screamed at me. The notion that he could motivate by name-calling showed how out of touch he was. Perhaps that tactic works with scared schoolkids. We were grown men. "F--- you, Jerry! F--- you!" I screamed right back. Jerry practically hit the Delta Center roof. Yanking me from the game, he pointed a long, bony finger in my face and ordered me out of the arena. I refused, planting myself in the middle of the bench. What was he going to do, have me arrested?

After the game, he suspended me. I'm a thoroughly nonviolent person by both temperament and philosophy, but I couldn't help fantasizing about a Latrell Sprewell moment(no homo
).

Jerry raged against players who he thought didn't play hard enough. If we lost two or three in a row, he'd stride into practice yelling, "You f---ing a-- holes are trying to get me fired! I'm not losing my job because you guys aren't hustling." During one of these job-insecurity diatribes, Karl looked at me and smirked, "If only we were so lucky." Then he went back to the posture he'd long ago adopted: working diligently while pretending Jerry didn't exist.
 7 years ago '08        #94
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,726 | Props total: 11620 11620
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Showdown between Sloan and Williams became so heated Wednesday, at least two Jazz players feared they could come to blows. Never escalated.

I remember when that n*gga Deron played dodgeball with Gordan Hayword because he ran the wrong play, Deron is an a.ss :lachen001:
 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM         #95
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Deron Williams isn't good enough to fire your HOF coach for.

He'll never lead the Jazz or any team to a championship if he is your centerpiece.
 7 years ago '10        #96
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,490 | Props total: 9775 9775
Sloan could do no wrong when Larry Miller was alive

Believe that s**t

Miller probably would have ordered the trade of Dwill already
 7 years ago '04        #97
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 Main Event said:
I remember when that n*gga Deron played dodgeball with Gordan Hayword because he ran the wrong play, Deron is an a.ss :lachen001:
he been acting like this since the miami thing happened. either that or its just more apparent
 7 years ago '06        #98
authenic 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,206 | Props total: 1777 1777
Derron williams for bynum
 7 years ago '04        #99
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,295 | Props total: 3753 3753
Watch Him Go To Maimi
 7 years ago '05        #100
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
 Main Event said:
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Showdown between Sloan and Williams became so heated Wednesday, at least two Jazz players feared they could come to blows. Never escalated.

D-wil woulda swung on an old man?

That's GARNETT status right there!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy