Mark Buehrle said he had 'hope' Vick would get hurt

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
8176 pageviews
252 comments

Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
Mark Buehrle said he had 'hope' Vick would get hurt

[pic - click to view]

Count Chicago White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle(notes) among those who refuse to forgive Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick for his crimes against man's best friend.

In an otherwise charming feature story posted on MLB.com about the charity work that he and his wife do for stray dogs, Buehrle's comments noticeably changed in tone when Vick's name came up.

From Twitter:

"Even if you are not a dog lover, how can you sit there and make two dogs f!ght and one is going to die?" said (Buehrle). "How could you do that if you are somewhat sane?

"(Vick) had a great year and a great comeback, but there were times where we watched the game and I know it's bad to say, but there were times where we hope he gets hurt. Everything you've done to these dogs, something bad needs to happen to these guys."

Buehrle is right when it comes to the following points:

• It's hard to imagine how anyone in his or her right mind could participate in dog f!ghts.

• Vick had a great year on the field, as he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

As for saying that he and his wife, Jamie hoped that Vick got hurt?

Well, I was with him right up until that point.

[pic - click to view]

Don't get me wrong here. I love animals. When I was a kid, I wanted to start a ranch where every stray dog in the world could live safely. I still feel about dogs much like Buehrle does. How could anyone harm a creature that can do this?

Buehrle's feelings are no doubt common as Vick remains one of the most controversial athletes in the world. But let's veer back into reality for a bit. It's not like Vick got away with it. He served 19 months in prison. He lost a lot of money. Everybody knows what an awful person he has been. (Vick might not care so much about the last part, but a lot of us won't forget.)

Nineteen months in prison was the best the judge could do. It's even over the top, to some legal eagles. As much as I love all creatures, great and small, Vick didn't k!ll any people. As much as a tortured dog's life might seem more valuable to me than the sorry excuse for an existence Vick has lived, it's just not realistic to expect our laws to agree.

And it's just bad policy, personally, to go publicly wishing another person would get hurt. There's karma, and even if you don't believe in that, it doesn't make you look like the better guy. It just makes you look like a vigilante.

Go ahead and read all of Scott Merkin's story: The Buehrles strike me as compassionate, loving folks, save for that one opinion about Vick.

Expressing such an attitude doesn't advance the cause for defending helpless animals — which is a noble one. In fact, coming to the aid of a distressed animal (like the Buehrles recently did) or donating to an animal shelter — such as this one —is worth a lot more of your money, time and energy.

That's how you get back at Michael Vick: By making the world a better place for man and beast.

[pic - click to view]

Dog lover Mark Buehrle said he had 'hope' Vick would get hurt - Big League Stew - MLB* - Yahoo! Sports

252 comments for "Mark Buehrle said he had 'hope' Vick would get hurt"

02-10-2011, 12:01 PM         #2
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
something needs to happen to him???..he went to prison,and is currently in debt..after signing the richest contract in nfl history....but that's not enough you want him to get physically hurt as well???.....that's hoe s**t....
 7 years ago '04        #3
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
lol Buehrle has a thing 4 dogz

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 7 years ago '05        #4
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,907 | Props total: 59 59
 HotepSuns said:
something needs to happen to him???..he went to prison,and is currently in debt..after signing the richest contract in nfl history....but that's not enough you want him to get physically hurt as well???.....that's hoe s**t....
Nothing else needs to be said. You summed it up quite nicely.
 7 years ago '07        #5
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Good for you Mark. i didnt know he did stuff for strays, he just went up in my book
 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM         #6
donnieb33 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
Propped. I don't understand what more people want out of him at this point.
 7 years ago '05        #7
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
InB4ThisTurnsIntoARacialDebate
 7 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Buehrle is a clown. It's not even about the dogs anymore with these white people.. It's the fact that Michael Vick bounced back so quickly.. They thought he would be ruined, but outside of taking away his freedom for 1 or 2 years, he's coming back better than ever and about to sign a new 60-70mil contract..

And that right there just eats these white people up... Mike Vick >>>>>> your house pet.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 *eckounltd1972* said:
InB4ThisTurnsIntoARacialDebate
you just made it..
 7 years ago '05        #10
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4759 4759
 HotepSuns said:

whether Vick has changed or not, we may never know...but he has lost quite a bit...

wishing someone gets hurt is kinda sketchy...i understand not liking someone but it's not like he hasn't paid a huge price for his actions...
 7 years ago '06        #11
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5653 5653
I swear people act like straight b**ches over this s**t. Got damn. get over it. When it gets to the point that you're wishing bodily harm on another human being, you need to consider getting yourself help.
 7 years ago '09        #12
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
That's b**ch made of him to do that.
 7 years ago '04        #13
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
Isn't buehrle a known hunter of animals? hypocrisy is f**king disgusting.
 02-10-2011, 12:20 PM         #14
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he will get s**tted on

Micheal Wilbon, Stephen A Smith, Charles Barkley, where you at
 7 years ago '04        #15
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
 vshah24 said:
lol Buehrle has a thing 4 dogz

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM         #16
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knives said:
Isn't buehrle a known hunter of animals? hypocrisy is f**king disgusting.

great point....this f**got is k!lling bears with bows...

It's no secret White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle loves the call of the wild; he's quite the sporting outdoorsman. And he's so much the camouflage-wearing dude, that he recently took another outdoorsman, teammate Jim Thome, along with Jermaine Dye and A.J. Pierzynski on a hunting excursion in Canada. And he k!lled a bear. With a bow.

7 years ago '10        #17
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Hold That said:
Buehrle is a clown. It's not even about the dogs anymore with these white people.. It's the fact that Michael Vick bounced back so quickly.. They thought he would be ruined, but outside of taking away his freedom for 1 or 2 years, he's coming back better than ever and about to sign a new 60-70mil contract..

And that right there just eats these white people up... Mike Vick >>>>>> your house pet.
^^^This. Vick wouldve been better off raping a chick...and that's sad
 7 years ago '07        #18
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Vick > your house pet

I dont have one right now but qhen i do... My dog >>>>>> vick
 7 years ago '05        #19
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
cant say that im surprised and im sure he isnt the only one, but people need to get over it. what he eats dont make you s**t
 7 years ago '06        #20
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 HotepSuns said:
great point....this f**got is k!lling bears with bows...

Never found that comparison credible at all.

before I say this I Vick is straight at this point, n*gga served his time and Im sick of hearing about it... what happened, happened

But comparing wild animals to pets holds little weight. That statement is spoken like someone who never had a dog in his life.

I've grown up with pits, rotts, doberman and I love the s**t out of dogs. You cant compare a pet to a wild animal, s**t is dumb.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy