The day has come: The OFFICIAL Duke vs. UNC thread (Where amazing happens)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM         #41
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lboog1423 said:
I promise no team in the country is worried about Marshall goin off
not saying hes going to go off, but this team goes as much as marshall does.. without marshall our pg is dexter strickland.

im just saying its the matchup to watch because if marshall does do good we have a small chance.. if he does bad.. its over..
 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM         #42
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the real game is on before
i will be watching that one also.. got cuse.
 7 years ago '07        #43
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
UNC by 20....Kendall 10 and 10.....Henson 25 and 12
 02-09-2011, 12:24 PM         #44
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
UNC by 20....Kendall 10 and 10.....Henson 25 and 12
chillllllllll
 7 years ago '10        #45
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,153 | Props total: 15683 15683
I think how Marshall handles the pressure is big, but I Think the battle on the boards will be the key. Hensen and Zeller open up a lot of opportunities for UNC. Rebounding, defense that leads to transition, and put backs. gotta keep them two off the boards.
 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM         #46
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lboog1423 said:
I think how Marshall handles the pressure is big, but I Think the battle on the boards will be the key. Hensen and Zeller open up a lot of opportunities for UNC. Rebounding, defense that leads to transition, and put backs. gotta keep them two off the boards.
thats another key imo..
 7 years ago '09        #47
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,413 | Props total: 12353 12353
 ghettofied said:
^^^^^^Tell me whats better sir? Boston vs. New York? I would rather eat my own a.ss then watch baseball. Its only big in Boston and New York, that's it! Nobody gives 2 f**ks about that rivalry in the south or west coast. Ohio State vs. Michigan? That s**t is an a.ss raping every year by OSU. Only year it hasn't been competitive was last year for UNC Duke. NOW, its back!
To be completely honest, this rivalry isnt as big as people wanna make it to be. When I lived in Dallas, Vegas Anaheim and Seattle people there didnt get all hyped for a UNC-Duke game. Because those are all AL baseball cities they did get hyped to watch Yankees-Red Sox. Just depends on the individual and where they live.
 7 years ago '10        #48
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,153 | Props total: 15683 15683
 Lowkey18 said:
thats another key imo..
Look at the games Duke loses. Granted we r in Cameron where we shoot well, but when we dont hit the 3 ball then dont get the rebound. Thas easy transition buckets for the other team (St Johns and FSU).

I also hope these boys take it into Henson and Zeller strong, they get most of theuir blocks from people tryna alter their shot so it wont get blocked. All you gotta do is put a body in the n*ggas especially Henson scrawny a.ss
 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM         #49
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lowkey18 said:
its funny because ever analyst has came on and said the key matchup to this game is marshall vs the duke pressure.. yet IM the idiot.. lol right bro.
So analyst are saying... the key matchup will be Marshall vs. pressure?

That's not even a matchup.

Also... ESPN pushed this game using the Barnes angle? WTF DO YOU MEAN?!

What analyst is really going to delve into the reasons (besides the obvious) as to why Singler vs. Barnes is THE matchup anyways??! There's so much underlying s**t in this one that it's not even funny. Everyone in the country pretty much knows Barnes made a mistake by picking UNC over Duke... This is the game for him to prove otherwise.

Duke fans are going to give him AND his mother the business. There's been tension and s**t talking b/t Singler/Barnes for f**king months!
If Marshall has a monster game... woopty do... if Barnes has a monster game, that s**t will be talked about for YEARS!

You can't be f**king serious.

BTW: Tyler Thornton (and Kyrie for that matter) have already destroyed Marshall several times. :dancingcool:
 02-09-2011, 01:03 PM         #50
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bottom line: How a freshman PG handles pressure will be a "key" in every game.... Barnes vs. Singler is NOT every game.
 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM         #51
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Barnes ready to break hearts of Duke fans again

How big of a deal was it when Harrison Barnes made his college selection Nov. 13, 2009?

North Carolina head coach Roy Williams and the rest of the team took a break from practice to tune into Barnes’s announcement via Skype.

“It was kind of awkward because I don’t know if we’ve ever seen Coach stop practice like that,” junior forward Tyler Zeller said. “There was like a 10-minute gap in practice, and we didn’t know what was going on. We went in [to watch the feed], and we had all seen him on his official visit, so we were very excited to be able to get him. We knew we got a special player.”

In choosing North Carolina, Barnes, the No. 1-ranked high school recruit in the Class of 2010, also spurned Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski—and the Cameron Crazies. Barnes said he was “very close” to coming to Duke, and it was among his final choices, along with Kansas, Iowa State, UCLA and Oklahoma.

Barnes is expecting a polar-opposite reception versus the one he received during his official visit in Oct. 2009 when he visits Cameron Indoor Stadium tonight. Students painted benches, hung signs, distributed fliers and even brought a life-sized cutout of him in a Duke uniform to the Blue Devils’ exhibition game against Pfeiffer then to try to lure him to this side of Highway 15-501. Now, he will most likely be the subject of boos and jeers.

“That’s the rivalry,” Barnes said of his expected reception. “The fans build the rivalry. We just try to go out there and play the best that we can and leave it all out there.”

Zeller, the Tar Heels’ leading scorer and a veteran of two rivalry games in Cameron, expects Barnes’s reception to be “interesting.”

“I’ve never been good enough to have anything for me,” Zeller said, laughing. “It will be interesting to see what they come up with [for Barnes]. They’re a tough crowd, and I know they’ll have something.”

Barnes, who initially struggled to live up to the expectations that come with the title of preseason All-American, has increased his offensive productivity dramatically in the last five games, averaging nearly 19 points per game and shooting 51.5 percent from the floor.

One difference between Barnes’s play now and his play earlier in the season is his adjustment to the speed of college basketball, Zeller said. Both Barnes and Williams also cited his increasing experience and familiarity with his teammates as factors in his improved play.

“Freshman, when they come in, they’ve heard of some of the guys they’ve been on all-star circuits with, and they think that everybody else can’t play,” Williams said. “And then they find out that those other people are pretty doggone good as well, so it’s just a maturation process.”

While the Crazies still might feel the sting of Barnes’s rejection and undoubtedly will let him know, Krzyzewski dismissed the notion that he might still be thinking of that as well.

“I’ve had triumphs, disappointments and whatever,” he said. “I always get to the next thing right away. I would never let a loss of any kind influence how I did the next thing I did in a negative manner. That’s not allowed. You get commitments and you get kids who say, ‘No.’ That’s going to happen to any coach.”

[pic - click to view]

A Year After Trash Talk, Barnes Won’t Get Shot at Irving

The trash talk was flowing fast and furious at last year’s McDonald’s All-American Game.

Surrounded by three future North Carolina Tar Heels, Kyrie Irving grabbed the microphone and put things in perspective.

“First and foremost, UNC is in the NIT,” the Duke-bound Irving told DraftExpress.com as Harrison Barnes, Kendall Marshall and Reggie Bullock sat next to him.

“And second of all, we are in the Final Four. We are in the Final four. We are in the Final Four.”

Nearly a year later, North Carolina and Duke will meet for the first time this season when they square off Wednesday night in Cameron Indoor Arena (9 p.m., ESPN), but Irving won’t get the chance to back up his smack talk.

The former St. Patrick star has been out since Dec. 4 with a right big toe injury. He had the hard cast removed Friday in favor of a walking boot, but Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski recently said he didn’t expect Irving to play again this season.

“It would be nice to have played against him because that was something we always talked about in high school, being able to play against each other,” Barnes said Tuesday. “But I just wish him the best and I just hope his foot gets healed as quickly as possible.”

Irving and Barnes remain very close, even as one picked Duke and the other arch-rival North Carolina (via Skype) last spring.

The trash talk picked up in earnest in Columbus, Ohio at the McDonald’s Game. After Irving made his opening salvo, Barnes pointed out that North Carolina coach Roy Williams had already won two NCAA titles in a five-year span, while Krzyzewski had at that point won three total titles during his 30-plus-year career at Duke.

“Coach Williams is almost gonna pass Coach K, if you think about it,” Barnes told Irving. “So how does that make you feel?”

“I don’t really pay attention to that,” Irving said. “I’m more of a future guy.”

His comment was prescient.

Coach K won his fourth title a few days later when Duke beat Butler in the NCAA title game in Indianapolis.

Asked about the trash talk Tuesday, Barnes smiled and said, “Yeah, that was before we were allowed to do media training, so I can’t speak on behalf of anyone who said those comments. I think we conduct ourselves in a much better light right now.’

A couple of weeks after the McDonald’s game, Barnes and Irving reunited at Madison Square Garden and were named Co-MVPs of the Jordan Brand All-American Game.

Afterward, as a crowd of reporters gathered for their press conference, Irving said: “It’s like a bittersweet ending. I’m happy to win MVP but also I’m sad that I’m going to be leaving him. I call him my big brother. He’s going to North Carolina and I’m going to be at Duke.

“Our friendship is going to continue. In terms of on the court, it’s all business.”

Unfortunately for both Barnes and Irving — and for college basketball fans at large — the friendly rivalry will lack half the magic on Wednesday.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Bezerk; 02-09-2011 at 01:12 PM..
 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM         #52
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Singler will guard Barnes. Both were first-team All-America picks in the preseason. The game will be Barnes' first in Cameron after he chose to attend UNC instead of Duke.

He has a feeling the Duke students will be waiting for him.

"I'm sure it will be a warm welcome," Barnes said with a big smile. "I don't know if they'll embrace me the way they embrace other players, but it'll be a good game."
He knows.
 7 years ago '10        #53
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,910 | Props total: 37 37
imma let the game do the talking and then we will find out whats what.
 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM         #54
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Recruits predict Tobacco Road rivalry

Class of 2011 recruits from Duke and UNC make their predictions for the Feb. 9 game
Dying to know who takes Round 1 in college basketball’s most storied rivalry? We have you covered.

We caught up with every player from Duke and North Carolina’s 2011 recruiting classes and had them make predictions on the Duke-UNC game Wednesday (ESPN, 9 p.m. ET).

While objectivity wasn’t their strong suit, both fan bases will be thrilled to know allegiances are solid -- and with a little good-natured ribbing, the rivalry is sure to be intense for years to come.

FUTURE BLUE DEVILS

Austin Rivers
Winter Park (Winter Park, Fla.) SG:

Who gets the win?
“I got Duke because they’re just plain and simple a better team. UNC is playing well, but this year Duke is just more experienced and has better guard play. Duke wins … And [UNC is] lucky Kyrie [Irving] isn’t playing! It would’ve been worse.”

UNC wins if…
“… Coach K suits up and plays them 1-on-5!”

Marshall Plumlee
Christ School (Arden, N.C.) C:

Who gets the win?
“I'm definitely picking Duke in this one because I know the program and I know how they prepare for games. This is a big one. But when Duke plays to their potential, they’re too much for most teams. It’ll all come together in this game once again.”

UNC wins if…
“… d!ck Vitale shows up at the game with all of his hair!”

Michael Gbinije
Benedictine (Richmond, Va.) SF:

Who gets the win?
“My prediction is Duke, because UNC will have too many turnovers and Nolan [Smith] and Kyle [Singler] will give the point guards and [Harrison] Barnes trouble all night. That and UNC’s bigs aren’t tough enough.”

UNC wins if…
“… Coach Roy dresses out and drops 40!”

Quinn Cook
Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.), PG:

Who gets the win?
“I think it will be a great game, but Duke will come out on top. Nolan ends up being too much.”

UNC wins if…
“… Michael Jordan gives them that secret stuff from Space Jam.”

FUTURE TAR HEELS

Jackson Simmons
Smoky Mountain (Sylva, N.C.) PF:

Who gets the win?
“I say UNC wins by five points and my reason is because UNC is playing good ball right now on both ends of the court. They’re playing with a chip and with purpose each game. This is a huge statement game for both teams. It should be a good one.”

Duke wins if…
“… The Republicans start to support President Obama’s healthcare plan.”

James McAdoo
Norfolk Christian Academy (Norfolk, Va.), PF:

Who gets the win?
“UNC. Because it’s the best college basketball team in the nation.”

Duke wins if…
“… Sammie and Ronnie [Jersey Shore] get married before the game.”

P.J. Hairston
Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, Va.) SG:

Who gets the win?
“I'm picking UNC of course. We're playing great right now; Kendall's [Marshall] at the point, Harrison [Barnes] is playing well, John [Henson] and Tyler [Zeller] will control the paint. We're just on a roll right now."

Duke wins if…
“… Nolan Smith drops 60 and then they go back in time and get Michael Jordan to suit up and have a career game too."

[pic - click to view]

02-09-2011, 01:33 PM         #55
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
imma let the game do the talking and then we will find out whats what.
I'm not sure the game will tell the story.

The last three games have told the story... four really.

I'm not sure this one will. Especially with Duke's best player on the sideline.

This one could see Duke or UNC lay an egg and not be who they are for many reasons.
 02-09-2011, 01:54 PM         #56
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bezerk said:
n*gga are you high? The matchup of the night is Singler-Barnes. No questions asked.
You may be right. All im saying is that Smith is Duke's best scorer right now. Has been for a while. It really is complicated for UNC because Duke has so many a.ssasins. Hold Smith to 12 and Singler may get 28. Just have to pick your poison kinda. If Strickland can d up Smith well it hurts not only Duke on the scoreboard, but it hurts the whole offense because right now he is runing the show.
 7 years ago '10        #57
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,910 | Props total: 37 37
 Bezerk said:
I'm not sure the game will tell the story.

The last three games have told the story... four really.

I'm not sure this one will. Especially with Duke's best player on the sideline.

This one could see Duke or UNC lay an egg and not be who they are for many reasons.
true but what i moreso meant was im not going to sit here and talk sh*t about duke and us smashing duke when i think we all know it is going to be a close game. yall will make it rain from outside and we will controll the paint...i think it is going to come down to turnovers and stoping fast breaks...
 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM         #58
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bezerk said:
no one cares about marshall...
You and every other Duke fan better. Did you watch the UNC/FSU game sunday???? It's Cameron, these are freshman for UNC, Duke is the better team........ With all that said UNC is still playing very well right now. Very atheletic and well, and that is the recipe to beat Duke.
 7 years ago '09        #59
TYO 
space
space
$5,197 | Props total: 148 148
Looking forward to a good game and the Harrison/Kyle matchup.
 7 years ago '04        #60
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,044 | Props total: 6102 6102
shouldnt the title of the thread be

The day has come: The OFFICIAL rainbow loving f*gs from Durham vs UNC thread
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago